Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Ways to Use It (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-f46/)
-   -   WT105 - Glossy Rerun (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-f46/wt105-glossy-rerun-t234620.html)

Julia S 03-22-2007 06:10 AM

WT105 - Glossy Rerun

Time for another blast from the past! Glossy Paper! I dont' know about you, but my glossy paper has been languishing in the file folder that I store it in. I decided this week would be a great time for a rerun. So sorry that this challenge is posted SO late! My server was down for 14 hours...can you say withdrawal?! LOL So glad to be back on! I was sweating!

We've done glossy paper in the past. If you want to check out last year's glossy challenge for some inspiration....here is the link! WT10

For my sample...I used the Faux Linen Technique

Mon Amie Simple Diagonal Tri-fold

card open

Please remember to put WT105 in your keywords section and post a link back here so that we can all see your work. You may make as many new uploads to this challenge as you wish.

Thanks for playing along,

golly 03-22-2007 06:12 AM

I was ready for a new challenge. Thanks Julia.

myboys 03-22-2007 06:12 AM

thanks Julia, will work on it later!! No problems here, sorry your putter was down!!

LilLuvsStampin 03-22-2007 06:14 AM

Those dastardly servers!!! Glad you're back up and running.

I can't play until tonight, but I love working with glossy paper, Julia!

stagccva 03-22-2007 06:14 AM

Neato!!!! I can't wait to do this tonight!

nmslmomto3 03-22-2007 06:14 AM

wow, cool, I love glossy paper, it can be used for so many techiques!

ambouth 03-22-2007 06:15 AM

WAAH!! Don't have any :( Looked for some at Michael's yesterday for VSN but they didn't have any, either... I'll check my LSS this morning to see.

sherristampsalot 03-22-2007 06:17 AM

I love glossy paper and don't use it near enough! Thanks for the push, Julia!

BadSherry 03-22-2007 06:18 AM

I let my glossy paper sit in the drawer too -- have to see what I can dream up!

Jeanne S 03-22-2007 06:18 AM

Cool beans Julia!

Barbra1224 03-22-2007 06:19 AM

Ohhhh... glossy paper.. do I have to? ;) (This'll be a good challenge!! thanks Julia!)

reneejul1 03-22-2007 06:20 AM

Thanks Julia - I {heart} my glossy paper!! This will be fun :)

star 03-22-2007 06:21 AM

Love using my glossy paper.....(now trying to figure out how to squeeze this in on top of everything else that I need to do today!!! hmmmmm........)

Twinshappy 03-22-2007 06:23 AM

Well I have ZERO glossy paper. I can't wait to check out your guys creations later! Have fun!

basilefamily 03-22-2007 06:25 AM

No glossy paper for me. Boo hoo. I'll have to go back and do the color or layout challenge instead.

Tammy Jo 03-22-2007 06:29 AM

No glossy paper here either. But your Mon Amie card has inspired me to try something similar. Thanks, Julia!

Vicky Gould 03-22-2007 06:29 AM

All right - don't use it nearly enough - let's see what all the beauties are today!

Julesiana 03-22-2007 06:31 AM

I have an unopened pkg of Glossy calling me!
This is perfect!

Karen Stamps! 03-22-2007 06:34 AM

Ooh! I love using glossy paper to make backgrounds. I have several in my gallery, and I especially like using the multicolour Adirondack pads. Here's a card that's mostly glossy paper. For this one I added some sahara sand ink on top of the paisley to soften the white glossy paper. I hadn't tried that before and it works really well.

I hope I have time to make a 'fresh' card for today's challenge, but I have to get ready for a workshop tomorrow first. Too much stamping and not enought time! Preaching to the choir, I'm sure.....

bambi64 03-22-2007 06:40 AM

aww man! Do I have to make a card? ;) All my cards for the challenges this week have used Glossy paper! Can I just add WT to all of them? ;) Maybe I'll squeak out another one later. Just how many ways can I use the little girl? ;) (see sunday/monday/tuesday challenges for her)

DawnL 03-22-2007 06:42 AM

oh goody...thanks Julia...should be fun!

DawnL 03-22-2007 06:42 AM

oh yeah...and glad it was just your server! I was beginning to worry about YOU!

Clownmom 03-22-2007 06:43 AM

Oh, goodie! I just got my first batch of reinkers. This gives me an excuse to do that fun shaving cream technique with something other than food coloring! Will definitely come up with something when I get home from work.

Sorry about your computer, Julia. I know all about that withdrawal thing!

msdaiquiri 03-22-2007 06:55 AM

hhmmm....thinking, thinking....I've only used my glossy ONCE!! That was back for the Retro VSN in Aug....must think! Thanks Julia for the great challenge!

lacyquilter 03-22-2007 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bambi64
aww man! Do I have to make a card? ;) All my cards for the challenges this week have used Glossy paper! Can I just add WT to all of them? ;) Maybe I'll squeak out another one later. Just how many ways can I use the little girl? ;) (see sunday/monday/tuesday challenges for her)

Just another excuse to show off your talent!

lacyquilter 03-22-2007 07:03 AM

Should be fun. It doesn't get used enough. Glad you're back up, Julia. Thanks for the challenge. Your card is gorgeous!

2katjes 03-22-2007 07:04 AM

I think I have a few sheets of glossy paper left. I tend to use a whole sheet for each glossy project I do, since I usually mess up at least once before I end up with results I like.

But glossy paper is what got me HOOKED on stamping cards. Instant 'wow' effect caught me.

I have the day off today. As soon as I get some caffeine in me, I will go work on a card. I will do it before my shower, since I often end up with ink all over me when I do glossy paper project. :rolleyes:

bec55rose 03-22-2007 07:06 AM

I don't have glossy paper, but I do have glossy PHOTO paper. Is it the same thing?

Stampinsilvia 03-22-2007 07:15 AM

cool, will have to try it after I go to the store and put the kids down for a nap! Thanks for the challenge!

artsylori 03-22-2007 07:17 AM

oh good! mine is sitting there too.

squirrellyshirley 03-22-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bec55rose
I don't have glossy paper, but I do have glossy PHOTO paper. Is it the same thing?

YES, I was just going to suggest that to those who don't have Glossy......PHOTO paper will work!!

QUESTION: how do you keep the images/sponging from smearing on glossy??

Thanks
shirley

lacyquilter 03-22-2007 07:25 AM

Oh, bummer! Just got a call they need me at work. Guess I'm not going to get this done till later. :( Oh, well... more stamping money. :D

toknighton 03-22-2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bec55rose

I have a great hostess/customer who assures me it is *NOT* the same, but you could try!

Mothermark 03-22-2007 07:28 AM

Glossy Paper? Yikes! That's all I have to say about that!

toknighton 03-22-2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirley
YES, I was just going to suggest that to those who don't have Glossy......PHOTO paper will work!!

QUESTION: how do you keep the images/sponging from smearing on glossy??

Thanks
shirley

use your heat tool to zap it dry (or just don't touch it/move it/look at it/breathe on it, LOL)

squirrellyshirley 03-22-2007 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toknighton
I have a great hostess/customer who assures me it is *NOT* the same, but you could try!

REALLY?? That's good to know........I only sponged on it and then sprayed w/ sealer. It's a black rose card in my gallery.

toknighton 03-22-2007 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothermark
Glossy Paper? Yikes! That's all I have to say about that!

I LOVE my glossy paper, I hope I have enough...I am using it for one of the projects for my 10 for $15 tomorrow and Saturday. Will cut out that card first and then see if there are scraps. Held off on placing an order so I could add in customer's orders...hope I can play later!

Maddy Mason 03-22-2007 07:34 AM

Oh thanks, Julia! I loooove glossy paper! I have well over a dozen samples in my gallery that use it! I use it for Heated Pearls tech, Polished Stone, and shaving cream techs. too! Here's a hint for those of you who don't have any- you can use an old photo that you don't like. I often swipe my glossy (or photo) with a dark Staz-On color first. Gives the final result a richness and depth. AND, you can even use old glossy SU! customer postcards that have expired! Works great!
Julia, glad you made it back to SCS Cyberspace! I understand withdrawal! I will try to find the time for another one today!
Hugggs!

Carriejoe 03-22-2007 07:34 AM

Mornin' - this is just easy peasy old versamark resist but I think it is a great demonstrat-able technique, so I love it! I did the sketch challenge on this card too! Thanks for looking!

Best Wishes

jsimon65 03-22-2007 07:36 AM

Here are a couple of cards I made this morning. May play more later.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...8977&nocache=1

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=22206

Judy