Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow VSBN May 2013 - Master Thread - My Mother Always Said

Welcome to our May 2013 VSBN - My Mother Always Said ...
This week, we'll chuckle over the fun things we remember our Mom and Grandma were always reminding us to do.
We'll also get some scrapping done with some fun inspiration!

Link your pages back to this thread so we can all ooohh and aaahhhh over the fun scrapbook pages we're getting done

May13VSBN1A - My Mother Always Said ...
FASHION MOM-ISM #1
Mother says: “Are you going out dressed like that?”
Translation: Go change.

the dutiful child will go change.
- Be dutiful, go subtle. Let’s try a simple, 1-3 pictures, monochromatic layout.

the wild child will show mother what change really means.
- Go wild. Grab a piece of your wildest paper, a paper you wouldn’t imagine
using as a background or stamp a background page or papers, and use it on the background.

Upload by Monday, 05/20/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN1A for this challenge.

May13VSBN2B - My Mother Always Said ...

FASHION MOM-ISM #2
Mother says: “Never wear white after Labor Day!”
Translation: I’m tired of bleaching.

- the dutiful child will embrace color.
Try making a layout without any white on it. Create your own “white
space” without one drop of white.

- the wild child dons every article of white she owns.
Make a layout that is predominately white? All shades of white count

Upload by Monday, 05/20/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN2B for this challenge.
Attached Files
File Type: docx May 2013 VSBN Challenges 1-16.docx (21.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Lmn; 05-19-2013 at 08:51 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

This week, we'll chuckle over the fun things we remember our Mom and Grandma were always reminding us to do.

Link your pages back to this thread so we can all ooohh and aaahhhh over the fun scrapbook pages we're getting done

May13VSBN3C - My Mother Always Said ...
FASHION MOM-ISM #3
Mother says: “I don’t care if everyone else gets to do it.”
Translation: You aren’t wearing makeup, your friends look like raccoons.

The dutiful daughter will wait until she has permission to wear makeup.
Practice your eyeliner application. Grab a favorite pen or marker and make a few marks on your page. Focus on little things like accent a photo corner, customize the letters of your title with dots, dashes or lines.

The wild child will grab a sharpie marker for eyeliner if it’s all she has. (LOL!)
Put your markers or colored pencils to good use. Doodle, yes that’s right, doodle on the page not just a small detail.

Upload by Tuesday, 05/21/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN3C for this challenge.

May13VSBN4D - My Mother Always Said ...

FASHION MOM-ISM #4
Mother says: “Get your hair out of your face.”
Translation: Find a comb or brush.

The dutiful child will comb their hair and look presentable
Go comb your hair ... you look great. Add a picture to your layout that you're in.

The wild child will go shave their head, they don't want to use no comb or brush!
Not to worry, this isn’t a crazy reality show, no head shaving (unless you want). Instead, show the world the good and bad. Try to add a photo or picture (creatively) that you would normally not choose. Maybe it's blurry, people funny pose, perhaps it's similar to one you already used ... crop it, diecut it, print it in a black and white/ sepia or just add it to the background.

Upload by Tuesday, 05/21/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN4D for this challenge.
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

May13VSBN5E - My Mother Always Said ...
Peer Pressure MOM-ISM #5
Mother says: “I don’t care who started it, stop it.”
Translation: Stop.

The dutiful child will stop straightaway.
Scrapbooking, just as any other facet of life has trends. From the deco scissors to Owls to arrows, with each season comes the new “in” thing to have on pages. What ever happened to making your own embellishments or what trend did you used to love until it stopped being the thing (can you say stickers, brads or eyelets, what about collage) ? Stop going for trendy and create some embellishments or use some embellishments or other past page ideas that make you happy.

The wild child likes sticking with the mainstream.
What trend are you gaga over? Have you gotten your hand on some new product you are dying to use? Then use it! Show off your skills with the latest and greatest product in your stash or technique you just found out about.

Upload by Wednesday, 05/22/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN5E for this challenge.

May13VSBN6F - My Mother Always Said ...

Peer Pressure MOM-ISM #6
Mother says: “If everyone jumps off a cliff, are you going to follow?”
Translation: Think for yourself!

The dutiful child will think for herself or himself.
Right now, it's the "in" thing for hexagons, DSP layers or single photo layouts. What would you prefer? You can do it! An all cardstock layout or page, circle or squares instead of hexagons or multiple photo layouts? Have fun with your favorite "non-trendy idea" ...

The wild child jumps off the cliff with her friends.
Oh yeah, don't buck the trend. Do what they do! Pick a page or layout from the gallery or your fave scrapbooking magazine and SCRAPLIFT!

Upload by Wednesday, 05/22/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN4D for this challenge.
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

May13VSBN7G - My Mother Always Said ...
PEER PRESSURE MOM-ISM #7
Mother says: “There is one, and only one, you.”
Translation: I love you (or she thinks whatever antic you just did is ridiculous and doesn’t think anyone else in the world would have thought to do that.)

The dutiful child will celebrate their uniqueness.
Let's see you "FAVORITES". Create a page or layout that shows off something that is your favorite. Is it birthday cake, something you made, a walk in the park, your backyard, your favorite color? Scrap pictures of something you really like to do, eat, wear, go to or play with!

The wild child most likely heard the latter translation.
What, only one me? There has to be more! Scrap a page or pages of family or family event. There might only be one you but there are lots more family members who make life great

Upload by Thursday, 05/23/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN7G for this challenge.

May13VSBN8H - My Mother Always Said ...

PEER PRESSURE MOM-ISM #8
Mother says: “With friends like that, who needs enemies?.”
Translation: Your friends are mean.

The dutiful child will evaluate her friendships.
Scrap (& SCS) Friendships are important. Head over to the gallery and take the time to post a comment or 2 on some great pages. Link the page you commented on back to the post here and tell us what you like about the page

The wild child knows her friends are the best, regardless of what they do or who they are.
Scrap (& SCS) Friendships are still important but you want more. Comment on some inspiration but grab your page Inspiration from the Card or Altered Item Gallery. Different is good! Post a link to your inspiration with your page here to the thread

Upload by Thursday, 05/25/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN8H for this challenge.
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:37 AM   #5
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

May13VSBN9I - My Mother Always Said ...

TIME MANAGEMENT MOM-ISM #9
Mother says: “What part of “no” don’t you understand!”
Translation: Stop asking. You’ve annoyed her to the point she’ll never change her mind.

The dutiful child will stop asking, and let it go.
Use the word "no" for your inspiration. You might choose the letters "N" and "O" and add items that begins with those letters (new, nine, orange, one, only) or the word "No" (or kNOw) in your title.

The wild child never takes no for an answer.
Just asking one more time ... Pick a sketch you've already used for a page and flip it.

Upload by Friday, 05/24/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN9I for this challenge.

May13VSBN10J - My Mother Always Said ...

TIME MANAGEMENT MOM-ISM #10
Mother says: “I’m going to give you until the count of three?”
Translation: I wouldn’t wait for two.

The dutiful child will be gone before one.
Stick with 1 - 2 - or 3 .... If you Use 1 photo, use 1 embellishment, 1 stamp, 1 word title, 1 button ... you get the idea. If you use 2 photos, or 3 photos do the same...just match the number of as many things on the page as you can ...

The wild child moves like molasses.
You need more ... Go find one of those 1/2 done pages that you've already "sat on" or those photos you've passed by several times and get the page finished OR if you'd prefer use 4 or more of something on your page ... after all, three never stopped you.

Upload by Friday, 05/24/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN10J for this challenge.
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #6
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Default VSBN May 2013 - Master Thread - My Mother Always Said

May13VSBN11K - My Mother Always Said ...

TIME MANAGEMENT MOM-ISM #11
Mother says: “I said NOW”
Translation: It should have been ten minutes ago.

The dutiful child will do it now.
Scrap your most recent pictures.

The wild child doesn’t live in the ‘now’. Life isn't meant to be rushed.
Scrap pictures that are older than 3 months.

Upload by Saturday, 05/25/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN11K for this challenge.

May13VSBN12L - My Mother Always Said ...

TIME MANAGEMENT MOM-ISM #12
Mother says: “You need to get your priorities in order”
Translation: You need to re-think what you're doing and get busy.

The dutiful child will figure out what they are.
Add a list to you Page or Pages

The wild child has their own set of priorities.
Journal on your page in a random way - around the page, around a picture, in a circle, sideways, in strips by each picture. Just have fun making it unique

Upload by Saturday, 05/25/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN12L for this challenge.
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
Proud Fan Club Member

As Lela has been saying: "Welcome to our May 2013 VSBN - My Mother Always Said ... This week, we'll chuckle over the fun things we remember our Mom and Grandma were always reminding us to do. We'll also get some scrapping done with some fun inspiration! "

May13VSBN13M - My Mother Always Said ...

I love the Mom-isms that Lela has come up with, but this one is specific to my Mom.
Her favorite saying was "Oh, shoot a Pickle!" Now, we all say it, even my husband on occassion. LOL It was funny enough to hear it come out of her mouth, but when I hear one of my grown children say it or my husband, it is hillarious! Yes, I say it too!

Your challenge is to either use green on your page as a main color
or do a page with food on it. So I am giving you a choice just like Lela, but I don't know in this case which is the dutiful or wild child. You decide.

Be sure and use the keywords May13VSBN13M and link your page back to the challenge so we can see it, and
Upload by Saturday, 05/25/13.

S2S 2017: +106.21 as of 07/31/17
Srapbook pages 79/100 as of 08/31/17
Unread 05-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

May 2013
VSBN
My Mother Always Said
Master Thread

**Printable Document Attached to Post #1 & this Post**

Please Link your challenges to the Individual Threads
Attached Files
File Type: docx May 2013 VSBN Challenges 1-16.docx (21.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Lmn; 05-19-2013 at 08:51 PM..
Unread 05-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
Die Cut Diva

Welcome to our May 2013 VSBN - My Mother Always Said ... This week, we'll chuckle over the fun things we remember our Mom and Grandma were always reminding us to do. We'll also get some scrapping done with some fun inspiration!

One of the things I remember my mom saying often as her four children ran in and out of the house was, “Shut the door! Do you think we live in a barn?” As a mom myself now, I find myself shutting doors after my kids all the time, so I can understand her frustration.

My challenge : In honor of mom, please create a layout that has a “door” on it. It can be a stamped or die-cut door, or it can be something that opens and closes like a door, or it can be a totally different idea that you dream up. Get creative and have fun!

Upload by Saturday, 05/25/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN14N for this challenge.
Unread 05-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow VSBN 2013 - Master Thread - My Mother Always Said...

***Hostess Terri (3Fries) ***

Manners MOM-ISM #15
Mother says: “What's the magic word?”
Translation: Don't forget to say please....or thank you.

The grateful child will be make one page to honor someone dear.
Try to use ONE collection on your page - papers/stickers/stamps/etc from one special collection.

The wild (and creative) child will go crazy and make pages and pages and pages to express her gratitude!!
You need more ... you can't only use one collection or kit for this project! Create a small brag book or gift album to show your gratitude in a small gift. Use all of one collection, plus more! (this is a GREAT way to use the latest SU My Paper Pumpkin...that's what I'm doing )

HERE is my Sample Brag Book

Upload by Sunday, 05/26/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN15O for this challenge.

Last edited by Lmn; 05-19-2013 at 08:55 PM..
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
Gallery Gazer

Default VSBN May 2013 - Master Thread - My Mother Always Said

I don’t know about you but there are many days where I wish I could be split into 2 ~ life as a mom can be crazy busy! I have 2 teenage girls neither of whom drive yet so I am their personal chauffer and then some! It’s hard doing it all and I can’t tell you how many times a day I give up a small prayer for patience and perseverance! As much as it drives me crazy I know one day, this too shall pass and I’ll crave for these crazy busy days. It’s a special relationship I have with God, I pray for my children to be happy and he answers with me going nuts keeping up with them .

I’ve seen the following quote many times and as simple as it seems, it makes me feel like I’m fulfilling a purpose:

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.

My challenge is for you to create a 'Day in Your Life' page (can be your own day or a day of a loved one). Bonus points for each Scrapbook Challenge from March or April you can incorporate with your page(s): Scrapbook Sketch, Scrapbook Inspiration, Scrapbook Variety, and/or Digital Scrap. Be sure to list all the keywords for all the challenges you use.

Upload by Monday, 05/27/13. Be sure to use Key Word May13VSBN16P for this challenge
Attached Thumbnails
perfect-day-copy.jpg  
Closed Thread