11-09-2013, 05:00 AM
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanging out in Scrap World
Saturday - 11/09/13 - VSBN1113B - American Literature
Title: American Literature
Day/Date: Saturday, 11/09/13
Today's class is simple. It's about the power of a good book. If you love to read, and even if you don't, it's likely at some point in your life that an author or character in a book influenced you.
- Maybe Frodo and Sam reminded you how much you love your best friend.
- Perhaps Atticus inspired you to stand up for something that you believe in, even if it wasn't popular.
- Perhaps Bridget Jones made you laugh and give yourself a little grace.
- Did Katniss remind you what it is you believe about entertainment?
- I bet Ichabod Crane sent chills up your spine!
And Mr. Darcy.... how many men now have to live up to his standard?!
To complete your Bachelors Degree you will need to be inspired by one of your favorite books. Be sure to list in your upload description the book you were inspired by.
To complete your Masters Degree you will need to reference a character, book, or author on a layout. You don't have to even make the layout about that book necessarily (although you can), but you need to reference it in some way.
To complete your Doctorate Degree you will need to use all or part of the title of the book or character name from the book on your page or layout.
1. To be considered for VSBN Degree Program, you will need to complete the "classes" by the following dates:
Bachelors Degree -- All Classes must be completed by November 30, 2013
Masters Degree -- All Classes must be completed by December 14, 2013
Doctorate Degree -- All Classes must be completed by December 28, 2013
2. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your Upload Description.
3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD VSBN1113B when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout can be enjoyed by all .
**the Write up for this challenge was scraplifted from Kathy C of Friends That Scrap**
Last edited by Lmn; 11-09-2013 at 05:07 AM..