Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   VSBN Archives (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-f337/)
-   -   Sunday, 2/10/13 - 7PM EST - SHARE THE LOVE: Memorabilia (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-f337/sunday-2-10-13-7pm-est-share-love-memorabilia-t568665.html)

princessp1971 02-10-2013 02:55 PM

Sunday, 2/10/13 - 7PM EST - SHARE THE LOVE: Memorabilia
 
Share The Love

Title: Sunday Feb.10 2013 Memorabilia
Hostess: princessp1971 Patti Matejewski
Keyword: LoveVSBN14
Date: Sunday Feb. 10
Time: 7p.m. EST

I chose an older inspiration challenge. (thanks Jennipher) Do you find yourself picking up all kinds of memorabilia when you go on vacation..well if your like me the answer is YES! I have a drawer fulll of memorabilia from different vacations. So the challenge is to tell your story using memorabilia instead of photos.

Gallery of origional challenge


Keyword: LoveVSBN14

Sample

Gallery


Uploading instructions

1. All VSBN creations must be uploaded by 10 p.m. EST on Sunday Feb. 17
2. You have a total of 2 hours to complete each challenge
3. Please remember to use the correct keyword when uploading
4. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen by the host and all visitors.

Be sure to leave everyone some luv on their creations!
__________________

Lmn 02-10-2013 03:04 PM

Wow
 
I did a Memphis "Graceland" layout for the first one, I think? I have some good stuff laying here that I really need in my book ... this is a good one Patti!

princessp1971 02-10-2013 03:05 PM

Thanks Lela

Annie's Pantry 02-10-2013 03:14 PM

I got my DH all fed and back to work for the evening and now back to scrapping... :)

smadson 02-10-2013 03:17 PM

When I first read this, I knew what I would do. As you know, I am working on my Panama Cruise album. We got certificates for going thru the canal, so am working on that!
:)
Sharon
PS Look at what all we have gotten done this week-end. Wish I could be this motivated all the time!
:)

princessp1971 02-10-2013 03:20 PM

I know Sharon I have doubled my monthly goal and I still have one challenge to finish!

princessp1971 02-10-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry (Post 19997566)
I got my DH all fed and back to work for the evening and now back to scrapping... :)

Yay!

Lmn 02-10-2013 03:31 PM

Hey Anavon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry (Post 19997566)
I got my DH all fed and back to work for the evening and now back to scrapping... :)

*** I found out why the "uploads" are so slow ... there is no more "automatic" uploads even during VSN or VSBN. It made the gallery too crazy. They were watching for the "scrap ones" so those should have been approved pretty quickly however, if someone left the upload on "member gallery" it got approved w/ all of the other uploads for the day. It was quicker yesterday but with today being Sunday ....

we'll know that for next time ...

Lmn 02-10-2013 03:33 PM

I Know
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 19997578)
I know Sharon I have doubled my monthly goal and I still have one challenge to finish!

YAY! When I get these uploaded I'll be 2 away from my February goal :D
I have 2 more "IRL" crops to go to this month .... whew! Probably by the 3rd I'll just chat ... hahaha! What I really need to do at that one is take my Wedding Album stuff and just get that DONE! I'd love to surprise my DH on our 25th w/ a scrapbook of all our picts ..... hmmmm

princessp1971 02-10-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 19997598)
YAY! When I get these uploaded I'll be 2 away from my February goal :D
I have 2 more "IRL" crops to go to this month .... whew! Probably by the 3rd I'll just chat ... hahaha! What I really need to do at that one is take my Wedding Album stuff and just get that DONE! I'd love to surprise my DH on our 25th w/ a scrapbook of all our picts ..... hmmmm

I made my DH a 6 x 6 album a few years ago on Valentines Day it was a collection of pics from when we first met up to that year. He loved it!

smadson 02-10-2013 03:49 PM

Patti, here is mine . It is kind of simple, but this was going to be part of my album anyway. Thank you for hostessing the challenge! It was so fun. I have to go now and do the one I missed. I have to go through the gallery and pick something to scraplift for Wendy's challenge. Then I will be all done! I had planned on doing all the challenges, so I had set my goal as 12 this month. Counting the warm up and the one I will do, I will have 14 which is 2 more than I said I would do this month. So maybe I will do even more!
:)
Sharon

Lmn 02-10-2013 03:55 PM

yeah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 19997605)
I made my DH a 6 x 6 album a few years ago on Valentines Day it was a collection of pics from when we first met up to that year. He loved it!

I'm pretty sure my DH would like one too! He mentioned the other day about getting his "growing up" picts to see if I would put those in an album. I was bummed though because I had already got the picts from his Mom and Sis ... I wanted to surprise him for his bday BUT at least I know he'll like it

princessp1971 02-10-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 19997634)
Patti, here is mine . It is kind of simple, but this was going to be part of my album anyway. Thank you for hostessing the challenge! It was so fun. I have to go now and do the one I missed. I have to go through the gallery and pick something to scraplift for Wendy's challenge. Then I will be all done! I had planned on doing all the challenges, so I had set my goal as 12 this month. Counting the warm up and the one I will do, I will have 14 which is 2 more than I said I would do this month. So maybe I will do even more!
:)
Sharon

Great page Sharon love the soft blue! I only have one more to do also but I am gong to wait until tomorrow.

princessp1971 02-10-2013 04:01 PM

You guys will not believe how GOOFY my DH is he was standing behind me when I was commenting on a page and he starting in saying "oh I love your colors there so soft and pretty" and "oh I love the use of your ribbon" and "oh it's soooo pretty"! What a goofus!

princessp1971 02-10-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 19997647)
I'm pretty sure my DH would like one too! He mentioned the other day about getting his "growing up" picts to see if I would put those in an album. I was bummed though because I had already got the picts from his Mom and Sis ... I wanted to surprise him for his bday BUT at least I know he'll like it

I'm sure he will!

muzbysmom 02-10-2013 04:04 PM

I've been scrap booking all day trying to catch up with the challenges. Since I have no memorabilia I'm trying to figure out if anything else would work?????

Annie's Pantry 02-10-2013 04:05 PM

Here is my page... Vintage Calliope

princessp1971 02-10-2013 04:06 PM

Well everyone I am going to call it a night. This has been a really great VSBN weekend!I'll be back tomorow to finish one last challenge then leave some more love in the galleries! Night

princessp1971 02-10-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 19997673)
I've been scrap booking all day trying to catch up with the challenges. Since I have no memorabilia I'm trying to figure out if anything else would work?????

Ticket stubs... programs from school events... maybe just a piece of paper and a hand written story of what it reminds you of about a vacation or adventure..

Annie's Pantry 02-10-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 19997593)
*** I found out why the "uploads" are so slow ... there is no more "automatic" uploads even during VSN or VSBN. It made the gallery too crazy. They were watching for the "scrap ones" so those should have been approved pretty quickly however, if someone left the upload on "member gallery" it got approved w/ all of the other uploads for the day. It was quicker yesterday but with today being Sunday ....

we'll know that for next time ...

and I uploaded all my to 12x12 or 8x8, because that use to be faster.... :(

princessp1971 02-10-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry (Post 19997676)
Here is my page... Vintage Calliope

Looks beautiful cant wait to see it better tomorrow! :D

Annie's Pantry 02-10-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 19997673)
I've been scrap booking all day trying to catch up with the challenges. Since I have no memorabilia I'm trying to figure out if anything else would work?????

post cards, thank you notes, special saved cards or just write and make your own. :)

muzbysmom 02-10-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 19997593)
*** I found out why the "uploads" are so slow ... there is no more "automatic" uploads even during VSN or VSBN. It made the gallery too crazy. They were watching for the "scrap ones" so those should have been approved pretty quickly however, if someone left the upload on "member gallery" it got approved w/ all of the other uploads for the day. It was quicker yesterday but with today being Sunday ....

we'll know that for next time ...

I've gotten quite a few challenges done today but I was waiting to upload until tomorrow (since I'm not a fan club member)....should I upload tonight??

princessp1971 02-10-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry (Post 19997689)
post cards, thank you notes, special saved cards or just write and make your own. :)

all good ideas :)

princessp1971 02-10-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 19997695)
I've gotten quite a few challenges done today but I was waiting to upload until tomorrow (since I'm not a fan club member)....should I upload tonight??

It's been very slow if at all for uploads tonight. I would probably wait until tomorrow.

princessp1971 02-10-2013 04:23 PM

Ok this time I mean it I am out of here until tomorrow! Night!

Lmn 02-10-2013 04:27 PM

Oh Fun!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 19997673)
I've been scrap booking all day trying to catch up with the challenges. Since I have no memorabilia I'm trying to figure out if anything else would work?????

Hi Lynn .... how about ticket stub, newspaper article, postcard, letter, note? (I used my grocery list once, LOL) recipe, piece of mail, map, Candy wrapper, label, i.d. card,

Lmn 02-10-2013 04:30 PM

Ohhh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 19997651)
Great page Sharon love the soft blue! I only have one more to do also but I am gong to wait until tomorrow.

You ladies were "WOW" to get all of them done! Way to go! I have this one done (minus a picture I guess I forgot to print) and I have 2 to finish and 1 to do ... I'm THRILLED w/ so many pages done :D

Annie's Pantry 02-10-2013 04:45 PM

I am done.... my whole dinning room/craft area is knee deep in scrapbook stuff... I have summonsed for the cleaning fairy!

OH CLEANING FAIRY------ WHERE ART THOU?

muzbysmom 02-10-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 19997721)
Hi Lynn .... how about ticket stub, newspaper article, postcard, letter, note? (I used my grocery list once, LOL) recipe, piece of mail, map, Candy wrapper, label, i.d. card,

I dug around and found an old Walmart flier that I'd saved that I got when having film developed (yes, the brochure is VERY old) that featured pictures of our now 12 year old grandson's on their first birthday. Our SIL was the corporate photo department manager at the time so......

Lmn 02-10-2013 05:03 PM

ROFL!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry (Post 19997762)
I am done.... my whole dinning room/craft area is knee deep in scrapbook stuff... I have summonsed for the cleaning fairy!

OH CLEANING FAIRY------ WHERE ART THOU?

oh please, please send HIM here when he gets done cleaning up there!
It's scary here too....

Annie's Pantry 02-10-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 19997775)
I dug around and found an old Walmart flier that I'd saved that I got when having film developed (yes, the brochure is VERY old) that featured pictures of our now 12 year old grandson's on their first birthday. Our SIL was the corporate photo department manager at the time so......

WOW.... that's not memorabilia, that 's a TREASURE! awesome find... I can't wait to see what you do with it. :)

Lmn 02-10-2013 05:07 PM

Yay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 19997775)
I dug around and found an old Walmart flier that I'd saved that I got when having film developed (yes, the brochure is VERY old) that featured pictures of our now 12 year old grandson's on their first birthday. Our SIL was the corporate photo department manager at the time so......

Perfect! I just found my "voting" sticker so I'm going to add that to another page I did (it was the Banner Challenge) but for this one I'm using a Christmas card :eek: It was on the top of the pile in the box of Memorabilia, hahaha!

Annie's Pantry 02-10-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 19997816)
oh please, please send HIM here when he gets done cleaning up there!
It's scary here too....

HIM is not coming tonight... :(, HIM is pooped from all the other messes that was created while momma took the weekend off!

HIM is such a poor sport these days.... :)


and side note: HIM is getting expensive, he requires double chocolate for weekend and VSBN messes! just saying...

Lmn 02-10-2013 05:26 PM

HaHa!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's Pantry (Post 19997827)
HIM is not coming tonight... :(, HIM is pooped from all the other messes that was created while momma took the weekend off!

HIM is such a poor sport these days.... :)


and side note: HIM is getting expensive, he requires double chocolate for weekend and VSBN messes! just saying...

wouldn't ya know ... I probably couldn't afford HIM anyway :?

muzbysmom 02-11-2013 07:03 AM

Good morning ladies! Here's my page for this challenge. I ended up remembering an old Walmart pamphlet I had that features pictures of my grandson's at their first birthday party. Mason and Braden are now 12 so I've hung on to this brochure for quite some time. I did not scrap the pamphlet itself - I photocopied the pages I wanted

LL's LOVEVSBN14 SHARE THE LOVE: Memorabilia by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

The journaling tells the story of the pictures and why they are featured in the brochure - their Dad just happened to be the Corporate Photo Department Manager at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) at the time.

cla616 02-11-2013 07:43 AM

ok so I have way too much memorabilia from different trips and events, but I had all the stuff from Maci's party sitting there on my craft desk waiting for me to do something with it, it was a week ago already - haha, what can I say I am trying to get these things done while still fresh in my mind.

All the cricut cutouts were used in the house, the big Cinderella mounted on the blue with the floral frame around her was on our front door, the Cinderella word (I had two of these) were on both the pantry doors in the kitchen, and all the shoes, wands, carriages, were scattered throughout the main floor, on tables, the floors etc, as confetti :)

Here's my submission


ps. oops I didn't read the criteria very well, lol, just wanted to get this stuff put together, I used pictures on my page, eek, ok I know I have more options to submit, and will have to see if this fits for another challenge too :)

Lmn 02-14-2013 05:32 PM

Here's Mine
 
I have SO much Memorabilia to use, I decided to just grab what was on top. It was the Christmas cards my Mom sent my son's. Here's my page

Grandma Kind of Love

princessp1971 02-16-2013 06:56 AM

Thanks to everyone for playing my challenge!!! All of your pages are great!

Furph's wife 02-17-2013 02:34 PM

Here is my submission
Winterguard scores by Furph's wife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:14 PM.