Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   VSBN Archives (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-f337/)
-   -   Saturday, March 31 10:00 pm Take the Leap: Spring Forward (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/vsbn-archives-f337/saturday-march-31-10-00-pm-take-leap-spring-forward-t551354.html)

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 05:52 PM

Saturday, March 31 10:00 pm Take the Leap: Spring Forward
 
3 Attachment(s)
Title: Spring Forward
Hostess: Valerie (awjmgmom)
Keyword: LeapVSBN09
Day/Date: Saturday, March 31
Time: 10:00 p.m.

Spring Forward
Earlier this month, most of us participated in Daylight Saving Time and had our clocks “spring forward.” By now, we have stopped lamenting the loss of that hour and are enjoying the extra hour of daylight that the change brought. When I signed up to be a hostess for this VSBN, the theme of “leaping” brought the image of a scrappy title “leaping” or “springing” across a page. My challenge to you is to complete a page and have your title “leap” or “spring” from one part of your page to another. Feel free to stretch your creativity and use a title that makes us think of Spring or Leaping. I’ve attached a few sketches to get you thinking. Feel free to use them as a “springboard” or create a page using your own !

Here is my Sample

Here is the gallery for this challenge:
LeapVSBN09

Uploading Instructions:
1. To be considered for VBSN Recognition, ALL VBSN CREATIONS MUST BY UPLOADED BY 10:00 p.m.EST ON Sunday, April 8, 2012.

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put the correct Keyword: LeapVSBN09 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the forum thread to be sure that your layout is seen by the hostess and all visitors.

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:00 PM

Mary Pat - if you're still hanging around the master thread is showing closed to me so I can't add it there.

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:01 PM

For everyone else, I'm hoping that a nice easy challenge to round out the night will finish out the day and month for everyone - NO FOOLIN'

smadson 03-31-2012 06:09 PM

Well, I am kind of stumped. But after looking at your page, I understand now! :) I have to go look at some photos! I hope I can do it tonight. We are watching Final Four!
But I can do that and scrap! Oh, but I don't have to do 2 pages, do I?
:)
Sharon

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 19316403)
Well, I am kind of stumped. But after looking at your page, I understand now! :) I have to go look at some photos! I hope I can do it tonight. We are watching Final Four!
But I can do that and scrap! Oh, but I don't have to do 2 pages, do I?
:)
Sharon

two pages aren't necessary and I'm glad you asked. I'm an event scrapper, so most of my pages are doubles.

eeddmm 03-31-2012 06:11 PM

Too funny! And I love this challenge. I was trying to fit 8-10 pics into an earlier challenge but decided I'd have to do a DPS in order to fit them all in but this one works WAY better so I'll just find other pictures for the earlier challenge. However, I couldn't get to sleep last night cause I had too much caffeine during the day so it was close to 2 before I fell asleep and then DH got up at 5 to go to work, DGS got up at 7 so I'm just about burnt out. I'm glad I was able to stay awake long enough to see the final challenge but I think you're gonna lose me now! Have a good evening West Coast and all you other nightowls! I'll be back tomorrow! It's supposed to rain all day so it'll be a good day to stay in and scrap and hopefully I'll dream of some good ideas overnight.

eeddmm 03-31-2012 06:12 PM

Sorry...forgot to mention that I love the sketches you posted!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one of the blogs I follow just posted this for April Fools... isn't it cute???

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 19316416)
Too funny! And I love this challenge. I was trying to fit 8-10 pics into an earlier challenge but decided I'd have to do a DPS in order to fit them all in but this one works WAY better so I'll just find other pictures for the earlier challenge. However, I couldn't get to sleep last night cause I had too much caffeine during the day so it was close to 2 before I fell asleep and then DH got up at 5 to go to work, DGS got up at 7 so I'm just about burnt out. I'm glad I was able to stay awake long enough to see the final challenge but I think you're gonna lose me now! Have a good evening West Coast and all you other nightowls! I'll be back tomorrow! It's supposed to rain all day so it'll be a good day to stay in and scrap and hopefully I'll dream of some good ideas overnight.

Nighty night Terry - My 4yr old is up early as well, so I'll see how the chatter is, but bedtime is usually within the next 45 mins for me, so we'll see how long I hold on too!

smadson 03-31-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmom (Post 19316414)
two pages aren't necessary and I'm glad you asked. I'm an event scrapper, so most of my pages are doubles.

I usually do two pages together too. In fact I just looked and this page may be a companion to a page I already scrapped, which doesn't have a title. So I could put the title on this page. Just have to think of a springy leapy title! LOL

Are we the only ones up? I am afraid that no one will be up for my challenge tomorrow night which is the last challenge!
;)
Shaorn

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmom (Post 19316384)
Mary Pat - if you're still hanging around the master thread is showing closed to me so I can't add it there.

I'll take care of posting your challenge! No worries!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:20 PM

it's typical for the chatter to die down at some point. we've had good chatter so far both nights/days, so we'll see. Sundays are hard for us here as we're getting ready for Monday morning etc. My son doesn't have Spring Break until Friday. Hoping he decides to hit his homework sometime this weekend :rolleyes:.... he's got some tests to study for.

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurasfaith (Post 19316446)
I'll take care of posting your challenge! No worries!

thanks, it's just that master list thread from what I can tell.

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmom (Post 19316452)
thanks, it's just that master list thread from what I can tell.

Ok it's up now. Sorry it took so long. This is my first time moderating so I appreciate everyone being patient with me. This is a great challenge!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:35 PM

suffering through Toy Story 2 with ds1 while waiting for chatting....starting to get sleepy... how come my children aren't????

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurasfaith (Post 19316511)
Ok it's up now. Sorry it took so long. This is my first time moderating so I appreciate everyone being patient with me. This is a great challenge!

no worries - I'm sure as long as the challenges are visible somewhere, i think we are ok. MP mentioned some glitches earlier, but I haven't seen them. uploading went very fast for me with my gallery as well.

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 06:38 PM

It is always so hard for me when the time changes, especially in the spring. I love having the extra daylight but the loss of sleep stinks ;) It usually takes a couple weeks to get used to it.

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurasfaith (Post 19316529)
It is always so hard for me when the time changes, especially in the spring. I love having the extra daylight but the loss of sleep stinks ;) It usually takes a couple weeks to get used to it.

I still struggle in the morning too. I like to be up early before the kids and haven't managed that yet. They seemed to have adjusted fine!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:42 PM

ahhhh, 11 yr old just decided that he was tired and gave me a hug and said good night... no more Toy Story...4 yr old is still stalling with Dad.

smadson 03-31-2012 06:51 PM

I remember the days! Mine are 40 and 42 now! :)

I am going to work on this after church tomorrow. I have some photos laid out, but kind of brain dead after all these challenges.
Good night
Sharon

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 06:51 PM

Yay for bedtime! There isn't a lot of free time to be had before bedtime!

smadson 03-31-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 19316576)
I remember the days! Mine are 40 and 42 now! :)

I am going to work on this after church tomorrow. I have some photos laid out, but kind of brain dead after all these challenges.
Good night
Sharon

Unless i cant sleep. then i will get up again and work on it I do that alot!
:)
Sharon

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 19316576)
I remember the days! Mine are 40 and 42 now! :)

I am going to work on this after church tomorrow. I have some photos laid out, but kind of brain dead after all these challenges.
Good night
Sharon

Goodnight! See you tomorrow!

Lmn 03-31-2012 06:53 PM

Checking In
 
Hi Scrappers! Sitting at drive in, waiting for 2nd movie. First one wasn't so good but spending time w/ DS good! Wish I was scrappin! As you all know I'm a night owl and my MOJO is kicking in, LOL!

Love the sketches Val! I know just the picts for this. My faves are always 2-pagers. Hopefully tomorrow after church I can get all my pages uploaded.

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 06:57 PM

you were the night owl I was thinking of Lela...glad you are enjoying the time with your son. I need to start one on one time with my older son. I get lots with the 4 yr old but not as much with the 11 yr old.

time for my glasses and a drink of water....my contacts are making my eyes hurt!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 07:00 PM

Good night Sharon....I have a page laid out on my table with your challenge in mind so I hope to check in tomorrow!

Anxious to see what you do for this one!

wendella247 03-31-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmom (Post 19316422)
one of the blogs I follow just posted this for April Fools... isn't it cute???

This is so cute! I guess someone put their Photoshop program
to work! :p

Lmn 03-31-2012 07:00 PM

yup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 19316576)
I remember the days! Mine are 40 and 42 now! :)

I am going to work on this after church tomorrow. I have some photos laid out, but kind of brain dead after all these challenges.
Good night
Sharon

Me too! I miss bedtime stories and hugs! (And Disney Movies) Sometimes I still get a text from my oldest late at night saying Good Night, LOL!

wendella247 03-31-2012 07:02 PM

Ladies, I'm sorry I haven't popped in to see the challenges today. A girlfriend and I went to a big Art Festival in Tempe, AZ today and we were gone most of the day. Now I'm beat, but it was a good day and I took a few pics that I'll be able to scrap. Hopefully...tomorrow!

Night all!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 07:06 PM

Hi Wendy - glad you popped in... I was thinking of you earlier as I struggled to upload my pics from PSE.... so glad you walked me through that once before! Sweet Dreams!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 19316610)
Me too! I miss bedtime stories and hugs! (And Disney Movies) Sometimes I still get a text from my oldest late at night saying Good Night, LOL!

my boys don't want anybody but mom to tuck them in at night and I struggle as sometimes, mom needs a break, but I know it's fleeting and I want to savor every minute while they still feel that need. The 11 yr old has a loft, so there's really no "tucking"....but he still insists on mom tucking him in even if it just means a big hug at the bottom of the ladder.

Lmn 03-31-2012 07:11 PM

ha!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmom (Post 19316591)
you were the night owl I was thinking of Lela...glad you are enjoying the time with your son. I need to start one on one time with my older son. I get lots with the 4 yr old but not as much with the 11 yr old.

time for my glasses and a drink of water....my contacts are making my eyes hurt!

Yes, just don't try to talk to me before 9 and all is good. Funny thing, both of my sons are night owls as well... I never was good at putting them to bed early

For the last few years I've spent lots of one time w/ my youngest trying to make up for before when I traveled so much w/ my oldest to his gymnastic meets. My youngest and I do lots of fun stuff together now, I will really miss him when he moves.

I more understand now about scrappers who worry about running out of picts, haha! Although I still have all younger years to scrap still.

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmom (Post 19316591)
you were the night owl I was thinking of Lela...glad you are enjoying the time with your son. I need to start one on one time with my older son. I get lots with the 4 yr old but not as much with the 11 yr old.

time for my glasses and a drink of water....my contacts are making my eyes hurt!

I need more 1 on 1 time with ds1 too but he doesn't seem interested. He's 16 so maybe someday he will start to like me again!:(

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurasfaith (Post 19316655)
I need more 1 on 1 time with ds1 too but he doesn't seem interested. He's 16 so maybe someday he will start to like me again!:(

oh I take assurance in those moments that even when they tell us they don't like us, they love us for giving them limits. they just don't realize it.

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 07:20 PM

well I discovered one perk of being up late, my sister texted me a pic and I've been texting with her. Don't get to chat with her that often. She and her family are camping in their driveway (something my fam is famous for.) They are testing out their new pop up. (which reminds me I have a pop up camper layout to post!)

Lmn 03-31-2012 07:25 PM

oh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lurasfaith (Post 19316655)
I need more 1 on 1 time with ds1 too but he doesn't seem interested. He's 16 so maybe someday he will start to like me again!:(

Reminds me of my oldest, when he was 16 I wasn't cool any more. He spent lots of time w/ friends. My youngest isn't as outgoing so still has time for me, smile! My oldest and I chat more now that he's 20

lurasfaith 03-31-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmom (Post 19316663)
oh I take assurance in those moments that even when they tell us they don't like us, they love us for giving them limits. they just don't realize it.

I sometimes complain about being "a doormat with a checkbook" ;) My mom had me when she was 17 and I had him when I was 18 and I am determined to break that cycle. I guess I would be mad at me too if I were him!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 19316699)
Reminds me of my oldest, when he was 16 I wasn't cool any more. He spent lots of time w/ friends. My youngest isn't as outgoing so still has time for me, smile! My oldest and I chat more now that he's 20

awwwww....

Lmn 03-31-2012 07:28 PM

fun!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmom (Post 19316677)
well I discovered one perk of being up late, my sister texted me a pic and I've been texting with her. Don't get to chat with her that often. She and her family are camping in their driveway (something my fam is famous for.) They are testing out their new pop up. (which reminds me I have a pop up camper layout to post!)

Oh the good ole days of camping in our pop up! I have such great memories from those times. We used to put it up I Spring in our Drive way too and we would want to sleep out there, haha!

awjmgmom 03-31-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurasfaith (Post 19316705)
I sometimes complain about being "a doormat with a checkbook" ;) My mom had me when she was 17 and I had him when I was 18 and I am determined to break that cycle. I guess I would be mad at me too if I were him!

I think mad is a teenage condition... goes with the acne or something... I have to remind myself of what I was like at that age and then wonder what would I have wanted my mom to do if things could have been different. Sometimes there isn't any thing other than just being there and being solid.

To Lela's point - maturity is coming!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:24 AM.