Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Arrow It's Time for the Fair ... the Scrappin' Fair

***There's Still Time! You have until August 18 at 10 EST to get your VSBN Pages linked to the Challenge Thread! Enjoy!***

It's time for the SCS VSBN Scrappin' Fair...
Whether you like the food, the rides, the games, the animals or just all the sights and sounds
The Fair usually represents hot, sunny days and group fun!

Our VSBN Fair is going to be FULL of SURPRISES and FUN as we're going to make SCS VSBN history and try something all new for this round. After all, you're never quite sure what you're going to experience at the FAIR other than a good time and I'm confident we have that for you.

** Here's how it's going to work ... we're going to take the first 12 (volunteer) Fair Directors, follow the outline below to post your challenge in this thread, make sure that your theme is "the fair", post in one other thread that you've posted a Scrappin' Fair Challenge (so we get lots of views) and let the FUN Begin.

This is your chance if you've seen a challenge listed somewhere you've wanted to try --- add a FAIR theme and post it here. Your challenge can be inspiration, sketch, or theme related. No sample needed, you can play your own challenge!

What?! You've never been a hostess? Well, consider this your chance to "ride the rollercoaster, play a game or try some fair food you've been wanting to experience"! We're looking for you! It's the fair, we're all looking for something new & exciting ...

Here's the format to Post your Challenge:

Title: give it a name
Hostess: Your name and SCS Screen Name here
Keyword: 12SummerVSBNXX *** this will depend on when you post. We will be numbering these 5 -- 17. Please check the Hostess listed before you.
Day/Date: Saturday 07/28 or Sunday 07/29
Due Date: Saturday, 08/18

Here's where you list your Challenge description. Feel free to add attachments or links with examples or pictures.

Add the following UpLoad Instructions:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN recognition, all Summer VSBN Challenges MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON AUG 18, 2012. Make sure you LINK your Thread to the Challenge Thread HERE.

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Time spent is cumulative; just keep your total time per challenge under the 2 hour limit. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBNxx when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I have created 2 Threads -- One is for a master thread to keep track of all challenges and their order even though all will be posted here and One is for all Fair participants to post their challenge links to.

Is this new? yes
Is this different? yes
Is this fun? we hope so!
Welcome to VSBN Fair 2012

We just needed to try something new and different so we hope all of you will play along.

Last edited by Lmn; 07-30-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking WooHoo

Let the Fun begin!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,489 Posts

Okay, I will volunteer. Do I make a challenge now, and post it now? I have to do a sample first. Let me know what to do!

Shaorn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #4  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking AWESOME!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Okay, I will volunteer. Do I make a challenge now, and post it now? I have to do a sample first. Let me know what to do!

Sharon
GREAT Questions Sharon! No Sample needed ahead of time , just come up with and post your challenge! You can actually "play" your own challenge by creating a page for it after it's posted

LOVE IT!

Who's next?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,489 Posts
Arrow 12SummerVSBN05 -- When Pigs Fly

When Pigs Fly
Sharon (smadson)
12SummerVSBN05
Date: Saturday 7/28
Due Date: Saturday 8/18

I haven't been to the fair in years! So, I looked up last year's state fair schedule, just to see what they did! There seems to be a lot of pig races and such! So my challenge of course involves pigs!

Challenge: Your page must somehow by inspired by pigs! LOL
And, you must use pink (of course) on your page.

No sample for you. I will be trying to come up with something right along with you! I have no idea where this will take me. Just have fun! It would be nice if you told us how you got from pigs to your page, though!
Be sure and use the keywords 12SummerVSBN05

Gallery: Here
That's it! I hope you will all play!
UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN recognition, all Summer VSBN Challenges MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON AUG 18, 2012. Make sure you LINK your Thread to the Challenge Thread HERE.

2. You have a total of 2 working hours to complete the challenge. Time spent is cumulative; just keep your total time per challenge under the 2 hour limit. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted this challenge in your Upload Description.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN05 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Sharon

Last edited by smadson; 07-28-2012 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Fix link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Arrow 12SummerVSBN06 - Photography Exhibit

Title: Photography Exhibit
Hostess: Cheryl (Motherload)
Keyword: 12SummerVSBN06
Day/Date: Saturday 07/28

One of my favorite things about going to the fair in our area is the photography exhibit. I could spend hours just walking through the exhibit, looking at all the wonderful ways local people have used their cameras to create works of art. For this challenge, I want you to pick a favorite photo and make it the focal point of your layout. You may add other photos if you want, but we should be left in no doubt regarding which one is your focus. Add extra mats, enlarge it, draw our attention to it using arrows, etc. Get creative and let�s see what photo you would want to enter into the photography exhibit! I�m going to be working right alongside you to get my layout done; I can�t wait to see what you come up with.

Photography Exhibit Gallery

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN06 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Motherload; 07-30-2012 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: Gallery added
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 12SummerVSBN07 Softball Throw

Title: Softball Throw
Hostess: Terry (eeddmm)
Keyword: 12SummerVSBN07

The first things I think of when going to the fair are the rides and the games. Loved the games as a kid and the softball throw was one I could never beat. Use the attached sketch as a starting point for your page. This was a freebie template I downloaded a long time ago by Red Leaf Digiscrapping but I deleted 3 rows and enlarged the ones that were left. This shows 3 tiers but you can delete a tier or add some to fit the number of pictures you would like to use. My sample is one I did with the original template. I'll do a more updated sample too.

Christmas 2008

Sample for challenge - Images of Singapore

GALLERY for 12SummerVSBN07

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN07 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Thumbnails
It's Time for the Fair ... the Scrappin' Fair-redleafdigiscrapping-templa.jpg  

Last edited by eeddmm; 07-28-2012 at 04:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 12SummerVSBN08 - Ride'Em

Title: Ride 'em
Hostess: Lura (lurasfaith)
Keyword: 12SummerVSBN08
Day/Date: Saturday 7/28
Due Date: Saturday 8/18

From the all the carnival rides to the ponies to the car show there is plenty to ride at the fair.

Tell us about your ride; your first car, your child's or grandchild's first car, your antique car, bicycle, motorcycle, unicycle, or tractor to name a few. Did you get a new ride? Wreck your old ride? Have to get a more "practical" ride after having kids? Maybe your kid's favorite ride or one they hate. Whatever it is let's hear about it.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN08 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #9  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Arrow 12SummerVSBN09 - Oh What a Day!

Title: Oh what a day!
Hostess: patti (princessp1971)
Keyword: 12SummerVSBN09

We have all been to the fair at one time or another and spent the day doing so many things, the food, the rides, the tractor pulls, the 4-H exhibits and all the animals. I know we have and while walking to our car after a full day at the fair one of us has always said "oh what a day"

So my challenge is to make your page about a day that you enjoyed enough to say "oh what a day".

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN09 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32

Last edited by Lmn; 07-28-2012 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: added title
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Arrow 12SummerVSBN10 - Feel the Fair & Do It Anyway!

Title: Feel the Fair and do it anyway!
Hostess: Rachel (racheldouglasnz)
Keyword: 12SummerVSBN10
Day/Date: Sunday 07/29

So the fun part for many of us at fairs is the adrenaline rush we get from going on the rides. We will queue for it, and we will part with our hard earned cash for it.

This challenge is to create a page showing FEAR in some way - either by using images from an event you found really challenging and scary, or by using colours/embellies that evoke the sensation of fear.

I will be playing alongside you - so there is no sample right now (in fact I even have to go and print the photos!!).

Here's a link to the pages in this challenge.

Good Luck, and I hope you enjoy playing :o)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN recognition, all Summer VSBN Challenges MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON AUG 18, 2012. When you have uploaded your page, place a link to the Challenge Link Thread.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN10 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by racheldouglasnz; 07-30-2012 at 08:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU - 12SummerVSBN11

Title: Let Me Entertain You!
Hostess: Wendy (wendella247)
Keyword: 12SummerVSBN11

One of the things I love about the fairs is the entertainment. Maybe that�s because I�m on a country and western dance team and we always perform at the State and County Fairs. But aside from performing, I enjoy watching other shows as well. There are always fun acts, including musicians, hypnotists, ballet dance troupes, belly dancers, singers�the list goes on!

For this challenge, scrap about a performance of some sort�it could be your kids� recitals, a show you�ve seen or been in, a parade or gymnastics performance, even a puppet show! Whatever you can think of!

I�ve done a few pages in the past and have posted them here for some ideas, but I�ll be working on another:

My samples done in the past:

Havin' a Ball, Crossin' the Line - wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Valley Youth Theatre by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Valley Youth Theatre-left by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

A Season of Joy by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sunny Side of the Street by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU� GALLERY

Good Luck, and I hope you enjoy playing!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN recognition, all Summer VSBN Challenges MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON AUG 18, 2012. When you have uploaded your page, place a link to the Challenge Link Thread.

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN11 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!

Last edited by wendella247; 07-29-2012 at 04:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Title: Best In Show
Hostess: Rachel (racheldouglasnz)
Keyword: 12SummerVSBN12

A peculiarity of country fairs in New Zealand (does this happen everywhere??) is the 'indoor exhibits' - a chance for the rural women and children to shine. These exhibits include things like pikelets, scones, garden blooms and produce - all of which are judged for their excellence (and presumedly to demonstrate housewifely prowess).

This challenge is to make a page of something you have done or created which you are extremely proud of. Yes, you heard it - a page about YOU, where you have to crow about how great you are! It might be your fabulous pikelets or scones, or it could be something else you've done (or attempted) that caused you to stand up a bit straighter and pat your own back.

The twist to this is it is NOT to be about your own kids/partner/grandchildren - we all know there will be enough pages about them already!

Again, I'll be working along side you (more photos to print), but I've attached a past example to show you what I mean.

Half Marathon!

Here's a link to the pages in this challenge.

Good Luck, and I hope you enjoy playing )

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN12 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by racheldouglasnz; 07-30-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Title: You May Take Me to the Fair
Hostess: Cheryl (Motherload)
Keyword: 12SummerVSBN13
Day/Date: Monday 07/30

Does anyone remember the great song from the musical Camelot, "Then You May Take Me to the Fair?" Three knights compete for the honor of taking Queen Guenevere to the fair, the ball, and the cattle show, each promising to do amazing feats of strength and valor in order to win the right to be her escort. Don�t worry, I�m not going to make you show your muscle, but I thought it would be fun to do a challenge based on competitions. You can use fair pictures or any competition photos you have. Bonus points for using feats of strength photos and/or any of the (less violent) lyrics from the song. I'm going to be working on this challenge right alongside you! Have fun.
Lyrics: Julie Andrews - Then You May Take Me to the Fair Lyrics from Camelot
Performance: Musical Mania Camelot Then You May Take Me To The Fair - YouTube

Gallery (coming soon)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN13 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #14  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow 12SummerVSBN14 - Wrappin' It Up

Wrappin' It Up
Hostess: Lela (LMN)
Keyword: 12SummerVSBN14
Date: Monday, 07/30
Due: August 18, 2012

Saturday in the mail we go the News Flyer with all the events listed for our local fair starting today. WOW! There's a little bit of everything for every person! I've never paid much attention and as well, I must admit, I'm a "city" girl so the first time I'd ever been to a fair I was 17 and I went only for the concert, the next time, late 20's and my DH wanted to take my sons out for some rides. I noticed in the News Flyer that our County Fair the last show, next Sunday night is fireworks. What a Wrap Up!

I was thinking about that and decided that to end our Scrappin' Fair, we really need a "WRap Up" Challenge. The one big "bang" to end the fair on so here's the challenge!

--- Let's Wrap It up --- believe it or not, August is just around the corner and our Summer will be soon "wrapping up". Let's use some summer pictures **bonus for 2012 Summer Picts but they don't have to be**
--- Let's Wrap It up --- here's the tricky part of this challenge. Select another Scrapper and Invite them to "Wrap It Up" with you. This simply means that your pages have to somehow "tie" together and you both have to post a page or layout sometime before August 18. Your pages could both be from the month of June, both start with same sketch, both use 6 pictures, or both use red, white, blue.... you get the idea. After all, the more the merrier to celebrate the wrap up. Suggestions to make this work:

* Reach out to someone and invite them to "wrap it up" with you
* Discuss Idea for "tying the pages together"
* You can do as much or as little "tying together" as you choose
* Agree you'll both do the page/pages
* List who your partner was in write up
* You can be both the "inviter" and the "invited" --just
means you may do more than 1 page or layout
* Only 2 scrappers per "wrap Up" team
* "Blue Ribbon" goes to Team that "Wraps It Up" together the most
creatively!

Gallery (coming soon)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD 12SummerVSBN14 when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #15  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Sounds like a fun challenge Lela. Guess I will be the first to say I'm looking for someone to wrap it up with!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 04:28 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

I counted 10 challenges for "It's Time for the Fair ... the Scrappin' Fair" VSBN is that correct?
I'm listing them and scrapping some today.

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes