Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #1  
Preggo Brain

Location: Trying to spend as much time as possible watching Xander and Xavier grow and learn!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!

Here is where all the challenges will be posted. We start in less than an hour!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 01-09-2008 at 04:52 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Preggo Brain

Location: Trying to spend as much time as possible watching Xander and Xavier grow and learn!
Default APR07VSBNA

APR07VSBNA

Welcome ladies to your indigenous spa treatment. Indigenous spa treatments are a spa trend that highlights local ingredients and therapeutic traditions. For example, an indigenous spa treatment in Texas is a ruby grapefruit scrub and in Maine they offer blueberry wraps.

Your job is to scrap a page or double page spread that highlights a local tradition or a special family tradition. On your page/pages include paint...either watercolor or acrylic.
I will be over in the chat area if you have any questions. Have fun!

Here is the link to the chat thread � CHAT APR07VSBNA

Here are Erika's and Sheri's samples

Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-erika_sapril07vsbnsample.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-erikatradition.jpg  
Preggo Brain

Default APR07VSBNB

Bikini Waxing - trkoala

Now that spring is here the age old fear and dread of the upcoming swimsuit season begins to loom. We have to decide if we are going to do a bikini, one piece bathing suit, or the old standby of shorts and a t-shirt. If you are one of the more daring ones and are planning to don a bikini then there are extra steps to your swimsuit preparation. One of which may be a bikini wax. Spas provide this service in the comfort of their lovely surroundings. Your challenge is to use the wax paper resist technique in some way on your page. The tutorial for this technique can be found at Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers
(this tutorial was designed by Beate) There are no other guidelines for this challenge, just be creative and have fun you brave bikini wearers you!
Make sure to upload with keyword APR07VSBNB

Here is the CHAT THREAD
Tara
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-mar-31-2007-034.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-tara_challenge_sample_page.jpg  

Last edited by arhawg; 04-21-2007 at 07:54 PM..
Preggo Brain

Default UPLOAD TIME!!!!

YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL 5pm Central on Monday to Upload your Challenge!!!!
Preggo Brain

Spa Guide: Luv2Smile
Challenge Name: Furenzu
4:00 PM

Gashi!
- That means "Greetings" in Japanese!

There are many great onsens (spas) when visiting Japan as they are very popular and busy on the weekends! Okay at least that is what I read when goggled Japanese spas [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/arhawg/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

This challenge was inspired by our friends who are from Japan and therefore appropriately titled "FURENZU", which is "FRIENDS".

You are challenged to create this fun sketch layout which was inspired by one of my many scrapbooking magazines such as Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooks etc., Simple Scrapbooks, and Encyclopedia of Scrapbooking. ....tee hee... I had too mention all of the magazines because I cannot find the exact page or magazine of the original layout in the stack of 50+ mags so want to give credit where credit is due!

Extra Kudos for the following:
-Use a shade of Blue somewhere on your page.
-Use the cut out square seen on the top left corner.
-Incorporate your furenzas for a theme.
-Have Fun!!!

Remember to finish your page in under two hours!

Uplaod your page with APR07VSBNC in the keyword. I will be in the chat thread for the next two hours if you have any questions.

Here is the Chat Thread
Here is the sketch!

Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-furenzu.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-darcys-page2.jpg  

Last edited by arhawg; 04-21-2007 at 01:07 PM..
Preggo Brain

Default APR07VSBND

"Try a Mask" by resqbarbie Denise
One of my favorite spa things to do is have a facial. And that almost always includes a nice, muddy, weird colored mask! It is always my favorite part of the facial because you get to sit still and relax! So, for this challenge, you must use a MASK! Either regular masking or reverse masking is fine, on either a one or two page layout.
Here are some tutorials for masking...

Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

For both of my samples I used the reverse masking technique...

close up of masking
For the first I used the leftover of a sheet of chipboard punch outs (never throw them away!) and dabbed the negative space with paint. I also used the space from a triangle shaped photo corner and stamped inside the space for the corners of the layout. The monograms are painted chipboard letters. The other elements at the bottom left are stamped. The journaling is the lyrics from "I hope you dance" by LeAnn Womack. I took this picture of my daughter a few years ago and was playing with it on my new Adobe Photoshop and made it sepia and I just had to scrap it again!

"First Day of Spring"

close up of masking
For the second I made a mask out of copy paper using my large circle punches and made a large scalloped edge. I attached it to the sides of the paper and stamped inside it using the flower and bugs from All Wrapped Up. Colored it all in and Viola! Instant patterned paper! The Monogram is a chipboard letter I covered with cardstock and stamped with bleach. For the big flower I used the kissing technique and colored the stamp itself with a marker for an uneven look. The stem is sewn (kudos to me!) and the leaves are just cut by hand from patterned paper. The sentiment along the stem says "The earth laughs in flowers."

Have fun with this one!
Denise
"resqbarbie"

REMEMBER to upload with the keyword: APR07VSBND

Here is the Chat Thread!
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-denise-sample-1.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-denise-sample-1cu.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-denises_challenge_page.jpg  

Last edited by arhawg; 04-21-2007 at 03:07 PM..
Preggo Brain

Exclamation Last few things for today!

That was the last challenge for our little Preview Party. I can't wait to see everyone here next weekend at 10 am Central time!

Remember you have until 5pm CENTRAL time to upload your pages.

ALSO MAKE SURE to put in the KEYWORDS!!! Don't forget to do the 07 part!!

APR07VSBNA
APR07VSBNB
APR07VSBNC
APR07VSBND

To comment on all the April 2007 VSBN pages go to this link...

APR07VSBN*

Gabfest Goddess

Arrow Cool Cucumber!!! APR07VSBNE 4/27/07 PREVIEW FROM ME!

Hello All!

You didn't think that Darcy and I would leave out a little surprise for you, did you? Well here is some extra VSBN fun! Our challenges (theme, sketch, diva) will be part of the VSBN partay too. So have fun and make sure you complete your pages in two hours. There will be winners and loot just like the rest! Have your page submitted by Monday April 30 at 8pm PST to be considered as a winner for this challenge (Note:time is for this challenge only, since I am in PST).

So here is your challenge, if you choose to accept it (cue Mission Impossible music here):

My favorite addition to a spa treatment is-Cucumbers! I love it when served water with cucumbers in it and I LOVE them on my eyes during a massage. They are so cool and soothing, it is great they are good for something other than eating (preferably not after putting them on your eyes though). So your challenge is to make a page using something that is our crafty equivalent of cucumbers- buttons. No, you can't put them on your eyes, but they can make a page fun or soothing depending upon how you use them. I don't want just one on your page though. You need a LOT. But your version of a lot could be different than mine. So more than one is my requirement.

Have fun with this, and make sure that you upload with APR07VSBNE as your keyword so we can all see. And link it here too! I won't be around for questions, but I will try to get back to you as soon as I can if you post a question.

Happy Scrappin!

Oh and here is my sample using a Becky Fleck sketch. Can't find it again though :( He's Got Personality! by Stampernmore at Splitcoaststampers\

Thanks, Peggy for finding the sketch for me again! http://www.pagemaps.com/dec06maps.htmHere it is:
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-dec0612x12b.jpg  

Last edited by arhawg; 05-02-2007 at 08:44 AM..
Gabfest Goddess

Default April 27, 2007: APR07VSBNF

APR07VSBNF
stampin-sunnychick
April 27, 2007

DIVA DIVINE

A diva is a female opera singer, but the term also refers to a popular female performer of non-operatic works. The term was originally used to describe a woman of rare, outstanding talent. Diva also means "goddess" or "divine one". Other terms used to describe a true "Diva" could be high-maintenance, demanding, dramatic. In a more complimentary tone you may call someone a "diva" when referring to their outstanding talents, performance, or quality/quantity of work performed.

To sum it all up we could all be considered a "diva" at times and I should say proudly so. We are all talented and fabulous. So for this challenge please share with us your DIVA DIVINEly gifted talents...

Whether it be stamping, scrapbooking, quilting, cardmaking, needle point, paper crafting (any), writing, athletics, parenting, discipleship, care-giver (yep, that was for me. lol), homemaker, cook, volunteer work, creativity of any kind or fashion...I think you get the idea by now.

Whatever your divine gifts are you must design a page around them using at least two talents. For example: if your gifts are scrapbooking and needle point then your page would include a photo or sample of needle point and of course you would journal about your love of scrapbooking on your page.

The DIVA CHALLENGE REVIEW: Make a page that exhibits your divine gifts. MUST include at least two (or more) gifts on your page.

Here's a link to my sample:Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #10  
Preggo Brain

Talking APR07VSBNG

APR07VSBNG
ARHAWG – BUBBLE TIME

Okay part of relaxing after a LONG day is taking a bath, a nice HOT BUBBLE BATH!! As many of you know I take a bath basically every night. SO I am sharing some Bubbles with you. Your challenge is to make a SB page using the Bubble Technique. Here is a gathering of the information that I have found for this technique.

From www.rubberstampsclub.com/tips/backgrounds.html
Backgrounds - Bubble Paper

About a year ago, lots of people were talking about making bubble paper, with kids bubble stuff. It makes wonderful background paper, but you have to find the right images to go with it. A few days ago I was stamping away, and Jennifer, my 12 yr old daughter, suggested I stamp right on the bubble paper. It makes such a pretty background behind the images. Some images don't need to be colored in, always a plus!!
I stamped some images that have lots of small detail, no coloring. This morning, I stamped butterflies on it, but did color them in. The splashes of color in the background behind the butterflies is so pretty.

Here is how you can make your own -

1/3 cp dish soap or baby shampoo
1 1/4 cp water
2 tsp sugar
food coloring – (reinkers)
In mixing this I used hot water, and added the sugar to the water first, shaking to dissolve. Then I put in dish soap, Dawn in my case. The blue dish soap didn't affect the color of the Easter egg dye at all. I divided the solution into 3 portions, and added a tablet of Easter egg dye to each glass. It worked beautifully.

Mix bubble stuff and Easter egg dye (food coloring works too, I've heard). I put a tablet in the bubble stuff yesterday, and mixed it with the wire thing to dip the eggs with, then blew bubbles with the same wire
thing. The bubbles were so big. I'll have to do that again.
Spread out white paper all over your table, picnic table, garage floor. Maybe cover the surface with newspapers first, then with the white. I put the paper as close together as it can be without overlapping. Than blow bubbles. I use every color I have dye in, and blow some of each color on each sheet of paper. I did try this time, blowing only blue bubbles on some. Blue is my favorite, and I wanted to see what I could do with it.
I went out shopping for bubble stuff yesterday, but couldn't find any cheap enough, so I made my own. I had never made bubble stuff with sugar in it, but it turned out good. Next time Jared wants bubbles, I'll make my own with the same recipe :^) Also, I used Dawn (blue) in the bubble stuff. The blue color didn't affect the color of the dye at all, fortunately. Maybe my blue bubbles were a little bit bluer.

ON SCS
macstamper –
Put a dime sze amount of liquid dish soap in small container and add about 2 inches of water. Blow bubbles till they come out the top of the container. Then drop a couple drops of the reinker on the bubbles and then touch glossy card stock to the bubbles. You can use several containers and do as many colors on the paper as you want.
windycitystamper –
I'm still not perfect at it, but here's what I've learned on SCS...

Put water and dishsoap in a small dish, blow bubbles up to about the top of the bowl, drop several drops of reinker over the bubbles, blow a little bit more while you're holding the cardstock over the bubbles (so that they are blown up onto the cs, if that makes sense). If you put reinker in the water and THEN blow the bubbles, the color is too diluted to make much of a design on your cardstock. I usually have to do this procedure several times, turning my cs each time to get a piece fully covered with bubble outlines.
cmayk –
Yes!! In fact, I know Sarah and she taught this technique at my upline's downline meeting!!!

This is how you do that technique:

-In a large cup put a squirt of dish soap, fill with water, add ten or so drops of classic ink refill.
-Insert straw, blow bubbles until they come up over the top of the cupl
-Place card stock over the bubbles. Remove. Let dry.
-Repeat!
stampinboilermaker –
As posted by Colleen Kidder in another thread:

To create fun backgrounds (or foregrounds) for your summer projects try using the Glossy paper for the Bubble Background Technique. Place 3-4 Tablespoons of dish washing soap and a cup of tap water in a large bowl. Add 10-15 drops of desired color of Stampin Up! refill ink. Use a wisk to create froth and pour this mixture onto a tray. Using a drinking straw, blow lightly while stirring the mixture so that you form slightly larger bubbles. You do NOT want huge bubbles as you won't be able to fit them on a standard size card front. After bubbles are formed, spritz the top of them with reinker that has been diluted with water and put into a travel-sized pump spray bottle. (This will help make the bubbles more defined.) Then lightly place a sheet of Glossy Cardstock onto the bubbles without actually dropping it into the solution. Remove paper and place right side up on paper towels and allow to dry. To speed the process you can use another paper towel to blot dry but DO NOT rub or you will disturb the bubble pattern. For more versatility select other colors besides blue or send the card stock back through a second time but this time select a different color from the first.

SO! after deciding which way works bestest for you! Make your page and upload it using the code APR07VSBNG
Yep YOU GOT IT!!! This is ALSO a VSBN CHALLENGE!!! TOLD you we had something up our sleeves! heheeh!

ENJOY! and YES all VSBN RULES apply!!!!
Sorry that I don’t have a sample page of this! watching babies and having a garage sale this weekend has TOTALLY thrown me for a loop!

Last edited by arhawg; 04-27-2007 at 06:05 PM..
Preggo Brain

Default APR07VSBNH

APR07VSBNH
Jennie (elliesmom)

Pedicure Time!!

Welcome to your Pedicure Appointment at the Spa, my name is Jennie, and I will be your pedicurist To get ready for your appointment, you will need to change into your robe and slippers. Sit back in a cushy chair and put your feet up. Listen to the relaxing music and sip something fruity or chai�

Okay, so this isn�t a real pedicure for your toesies, but it is a pedicure for your layout!!
We�re going to beautify and rejuvenate your chipboard, so your completed layout will be refreshed and recharged!

First, you�ll select your chipboard and exfoliate away any rough edges. You might choose an alphabet for the title of your layout, or some flourishes or floral shapes. Snip off any little hang nails that might be along the edges.

Then, you�ll polish it up with just the right shade of paint or ink (or patterned paper). Decorate however you�d like for your layout.

Next you�ll smooth and manicure the edges with some fine sandpaper. This really makes it stand out nicely on your page. (If you don�t have any sandpaper handy, you might like to ink the edges.)

The final step will be to gloss it up with bling of your choice � a charm, some glitter, maybe a gem or two.

Are you ready to give your chipboard embellishment the royal treatment?
Just to be clear, this is for any layout of your choosing � any theme, any size. The judging will be based on how well you invigorate your layout with the pick-me-up that your chipboard receives, so be sure to explain any special treatments that you apply

Don�t forget to upload your layout with the keyword APR07VSBNH by 5:00pm Central on Monday, April 30, 2007.

Here is the CHAT THREAD!!!!

Here is Jennie's sample and mine!
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-uh-lola.sm.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-uh-lola.detailsm.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-jennies_challenge_edited-1.jpg  

Last edited by arhawg; 04-28-2007 at 01:42 PM..
Preggo Brain

Default APR07VSBNI

APR07VSBNI - Hot Stone Massage
Spa Guide - Salster

Lie down and relax as you are massaged with hot stones....oh wait, there is no time for that! Get up and grab some reinkers, we're doing a yummy page with the polished stone technique! Also required, some rounded corners. Dosen't have to be your pictures, you could round the photo mats, or other layers - get creative!

Polished Stone Supplies:
Glossy white cardstock, 2 or 3 classic reinkers, a metallic pad or reinker, rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, and some acrylic sealer. If you've never tied it before Beate did a tutorial that's right here on SCS:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

You have 2 hours to finish your page, and please don't forget to use APR07VSBNI in your keywords! I'll be in the "Hot Stone Massage" chat thread if you have any questions. Can't wait to see all your pages!!!
-Sally

Here is the CHAT THREAD!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-norainaprilvsbn.jpg  
Preggo Brain

Default APR07VSBNJ

APR07VSBNJ Challenge: Acupuncture
Guide: Stephanie Powers (StephStamps)

Acupuncture is the oriental technique of inserting needles into specific pressure points to stimulate healing and balance.

My challenge for you is to start punching holes! I want brads, buttons, eyelets, pins, staples or just plain holes! But there is a must for this challenge�your challenge MUST included some stitching. I don�t care what kind! You can use stitch using your sewing machine, by hand, or it can be faux stitching. Digital layouts welcome in this challenge! Just be sure to use your digital stitching and elements! My example (digital layout) is below!

Bonus points for making some kind of design/pattern with your holes/elements.

Let�s get started punching those holes! Remember you have TWO HOURS to complete your pages. You don�t have to do them anytime, but you have to get them done in two hours! This is on the honor system! Don�t for get to put APR07VSBNJ in the keyword when you upload so we can find your page for judging!

HAVE FUN, and punch, punch, punch!

Here is the chat thread
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-shesintoeverythingweb.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-stitchingsteph.jpg  
Gabfest Goddess

Default APR07VSBNK

APR07VSBNK Challenge: Girls Gone Wild!
Guide: Tracy Hargrove (stampin-sunnychick)

Girls Gone Wild

Pull out those girls night out photos...the pampered stamper snapshots...the wild and crazy times spent with your girlfriends...Tell us about your most cherished experience with the friends (could also be your spouse, a loved one, your Mom, sister, brother, kids, whomever you choose but its all about the friendships) you love to get wild and crazy with...DISH IT ALL LADIES...the crazier the stories the better. ummm let's not discuss any ILEGAL ACTIVITY PLEASE. You might want to keep that kinda stuff in the back of the closet where it should be. lol *wink*

Your Challenge: use stamps on your page with plenty of words to describe your experience. You can use them in your journaling, to make BG paper, or simply to add a little fun to your page. Now ladies...do not use these stamps in a normal way...You will need to get wild & crazy with the WAY YOU STAMP THE WORDS. Layer, cut & separate letters, stamp two words in conjuction with one another to make a bigger statement....GEt Cr8tive!

BONUS: USE BOLD COLORS...or highlight an area with some bold brightness!

Here is Tracy's sample. She will not be able to be on for questions during her challenge time, but Darcy and I will be here. And here is the chat thread link:Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-tracy.jpg  
Old 04-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Default APR07VSBNL- Yoga Time!

APR07VSBNL Challenge: Yoga Time
Guide: Caroline Eckel (buckeyestamper)

Welcome to the YOGA session of your spa weekend. I hope this session leaves you relaxed with a focus on the center of your life. The practice of YOGA involves centering yourself and your being and bringing balance to your life through this practice.

This challenge should not only be relaxing and centering it should be a good workout of your scrappin' skills and make you stretch them a little.

I want to see a two page layout about the "center" of your life. I'd like to see "creative" journaling telling how it brings you balance - by creative, I mean words on the page that tell the story of the center of your life and how it brings you balance, but not in paragrah form. Do it through titles and embellishments or quotes etc.. Here's the tricky part, YOGA poses involve straight lines and alot of balance, so I want to see the same in your layout the pages must be straight and balanced. Clean lines and symmetry are important on this one. And we are going to practice the "triangle" pose during this spa session, please add a triangle to your page somewhere.

Two hours to complete this one, breathe in deeply - exhale, focus, relax, center GO!

Here is the chat thread
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-caroline.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-centerscaroline.jpg  

Last edited by arhawg; 04-28-2007 at 03:09 PM..
Gabfest Goddess

Default APR07VSBNM- Nature Colors

APR07VSBNM Challenge: Nature Colors
Guide: Andrea Amente (ama3022)

One of my favorite things about being outside is looking at all the beautiful colors. Especially in the woods with all the neutral, earthy tones. My challenge for you is to use any pictures you have of nature, whether it be the woods, a meadow or the beach, and use the colors from the picture.

My sample is a page with pictures from Maine. I used green and different shades of brown to keep with the nature theme.

Here is the chat thread:
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-andreassample.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-texasandrea.jpg  

Last edited by arhawg; 04-28-2007 at 05:03 PM..
Gabfest Goddess

Default APR07VSBNN-Soft and Soothing

APR07VSBNN-
Guide: Donna Parks sapphire1968

Soft, soothing bath
Now who could resist that!
There are two main parts to this challenge, so take a cleansing breath and read on.
For the bath part, it�s rather simple. Get your body scrubby or loofah, and get creative. You need to use one or the other, or even both if you choose, and create a background on your page. It can be the whole background, or just a piece but you must use either a body scrubby or a loofah. Please indicate in your description which one you used.

For the soft part, think pastels. This part has to parts to it.
First, use pastel colors. Pretty simple right?
The second part is to use your stampin� pastel. If you don�t have stampin pastels, any chalk is fine. Bonus points for using the poppin pastels technique.
So to recap, you need to use pastel colored paper, a loofah or body scrubby to create a background, and pstampin pastels somewhere on the page, bonus for using the poppin pastel technique.
Now, I�m going to take a page out of Darcy�s book, go get in the tub, and I�ll chat with ya in the chat thread if you need me�. Hehehe

Here is the link to the chat thread:
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-donnassample.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-donnasample.jpg  

Last edited by arhawg; 04-28-2007 at 07:05 PM..
Gabfest Goddess

Default APR07VSBNO- The Progressive Spa Package

APR07VSBNO Challenge: The Progressive Spa Package
Guide: Melanie Holles (mholles)

The Progressive Spa Package.

Exclusive and expensive spas offer therapy seesions for their clients to develop their mind, body and spirit. At the VSBN spa, your spa specialist will guide you as you develop your page from a 6x6, to 8.5x11. to 12x12.

Here is the link to the chat thread:
Chat Thread
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-melanies-page.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-melanie2.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-melanies-challengedarcysample.jpg  
Old 04-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Default APR07VSBNP- Bleaching

APR07VSBNP Challenge: Bleaching
Guide: Jennifer Root (refinnej2)

Generational Page

Good morning all. It is time for your 12:00 appointment. I hope you’ll enjoy it. I am Jennifer aka refinnej2 and I’ll be your spa consultant for this treatment.

As we age, there tends to be the development of discoloration in our skin. Many of us will see our creamy skin color become tainted by annoying blotches on the skin. At this appointment you will be participating in some bleaching.

To complete this challenge you must CREATIVELY use the technique of bleaching to complete a scrapbook page(s). Here is an awesome SCS link to show you how to bleach using your stamps.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

As mentioned above bleaching tend to happen as we age. In addition to the bleaching, your page(s) should be multi-generational…meaning more than one generation of people on your page.

So sit back…relax…this won’t hurt a bit!

Bleaching Thread
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-jengensample.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-jennifer-skinbleaching.jpg  
Old 04-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #20  
Preggo Brain

Default APR07VSBNQ

APR07VSBNQ
Christie � cricketts

Welcome to your next adventure at our Nature Spa Weekend! In this challenge you will need to think "outside of the box". We want you to create an original embellishment to use on your layout (single or double). This embellishment will need to compliment your outdoor photos. You will get bonus points if you use a "piece of nature" in your embellishment.

Have fun with this challenge and let your imagination run wild. I can't wait to see your creations!

Examples: twigs to frame your photo, torn cs to look like dirt or water, waves or water drops created with beads, vellum, embossing, etc.

In my example layout: I used twigs, rocks and an stamped image for my title block, altered twill tape with an inkpad and stamped ants on it, and I used small, smooth rocks to add dimension around my journaling circles.

Here is the CHAT THREAD!!!

Here are Christie�s and Sheri�s samples!
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-left.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-right.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-christiechallenge.jpg  
Preggo Brain

Default APR07VSBNR

APR07VSBNR
Kimmie � kimreid_stamper

Focus on Yourself!!!

As women we are constantly thinking of everyone and everything else.....our children, our husbands, our families, our jobs, our homes!! Sheesh! I'm getting pooped just thinkin' about it!! The whole idea of a 'Spa Getaway' is that you take some much needed time for yourself and focus on just YOU, for the day or the weekend! Get a relaxing full-body massage, a seaweed wrap, get a spunky new hairdo, a cleansing facial, get a beautiful manicure.........because, let's face it.....you deserve it!!! And you need to stop and take good care of yourself, so that you are able to then, turn around and take good care of others!

So I want you to Focus on YOU for this challenge!! What I want you to do is to take one single picture and make that the entire focus of your page. You MUST use the sketch provided!!! This must be a one page layout, it must include ONLY one photo, be it a 4x6 or a 5x7 or an 8x10!! There will be bonus points for larger pictures, bonus points for flourishes (stamps, rubons etc.) and bonus points for using a photo of YOU!!

My page is called Happy with Me, because this particular day I will never forget. Al and I went out together on a Sunday afternoon and just took a bunch of pics of each other and together at the beach...in the middle of winter no less. Anyway, before I lost weight I HATED having my picture taken because I would always almost cry when I saw the pics of myself. But on this day, after losing 30 pounds, all I remember is saying "take a picture of me here, how about here, and like this"....I couldn�t get him to take ENOUGH pictures of me, because I was finally "Happy with Me"!!

Don�t forget to upload your pages with the keyword APR07VSBNR

Here is the Chat Thread!

Gallery Submissions!

Kim
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-sketch.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-kimmie.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-aprvsbn.jpg  
Preggo Brain

Default APR07VSBNS

Guide: Favorite Grandma
Challenge Name: You've Got to Eat Right

Welcome to the next challenge. I hope you are enjoying your visit to the Nature Spa. I will be your guide for the next two hours.

Even if you get plenty of exercise and rest there is one other important thing to remember and that is to eat healthy. I want to see what healthy foods you have in your cupboard.

My challenge for you is to use some type of food item as a stamp on your page. I used dried white beans that I put in a piece of plastic wrap and tied tightly, then pressed it into my stamp pads.
You must create your page using the sketch below from Becky Fleck's website. Please feel free to adjust the sketch as needed for your pictures. For example, I put two smaller pictures in the place of the one large picture.

Make sure you post what food item you used as your stamp and where you used it on your page as sometimes the pictures don't show the contrast very well when uploaded.

I will be in the chat thread for the next two hours if you have any questions.
Don't forget to finish your page in less than two hours and put APR07VSBNS in the keywords.

Here is the CHAT THREAD!

Gallery Submissions!
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-vsbn-spa-sketch.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-page-301-t.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-peggyfoodchg.jpg  
Gabfest Goddess

Default APR07VSBNT-Wonderful Waterfalls

APR07VSBNT Challenge: Wonderful Waterfalls
Guide: Vicki Parson

Don�t you just love the sound of water or the trickling sound of water falling? A waterfall may not have the same soothing sound close up, but at a distance is really quite pleasing to not only hear, but look at as well!

In this challenge, you will need to have this same pleasing look on your layout! To do this, you will need to arrange your pictures in a waterfall effect on your page! To give you an idea, I�ve added a sketch for you to follow. Please feel free to change it in any direction that works for your pictures, but be sure it has the waterfall effect to it.

**EXTRA GUIDE POINTS** to those layouts that also include the waterfall technique shown in this tutorial: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/waterfallcard.php

(Be sure to see my example of how I�ve included it in my sketch for ideas!) Have fun creating your waterfall page!

Gallery Submissions:

CHAT THREAD!
Attached Thumbnails
APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-waterfallchallenge-vicki.jpg   APRIL 2007 VSBN CHALLENGE THREAD!!!-waterfallpagecickis1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: doc waterfallsketchvicki.doc (23.0 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by arhawg; 04-29-2007 at 05:07 PM..
Preggo Brain

Talking UPLOAD DEADLINE!!!!!

Sheri and I have decided that since there have been SO MANY challenges and it seems that lots of you all have been busy unexpectedly this weekend that we will be extending the upload deadline to

WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2007
at 5 pm CENTRAL!!!!