Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

Challenge Title: Ice Cubes
Hostess: Scraperwannabe aka Misti
Keyword: VSNDEC14MINI1
Date: Friday, Nov. 7

Here in Oklahoma, we like our ice... in our Diet Dr. Pepper, tea, cold drinks... not outside. We are in a weather pattern that often skips the snow & brings ice. I'm not super fond of ice when it's outside. For this challenge, let me see some ice CUBES!!! I'm not ready to think about winter. :shock: :shock:

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the Frozen Master Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Saturday, November 15th.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
3. We have a special gallery for the Frozen VSN.
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Frozen - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14MINI1 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsnicemjo.JPG (88.4 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Scraperwannabe; 12-11-2014 at 05:37 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge Title: "DEER" WINTER, LET'S BREAK UP!
Hostess: TAMMIE E
Keyword: VSNDEC14MINI2
Date: FRIDAY, NOV 7

The joys of winter! Yep, that's me being sarcastic. *gasp* Winter is, by far, my least favorite season. In my neck of the woods winter means rain...lots and lots of it! Can you believe some people *cough* (Lee) actually loves the white stuff? It's pretty to look at, but...BURRR!

My challenge; "Deer" Winter, Let's Break Up, is an easy one...create a project using the photo (below) as inspiration. Interpret it any way you like; be it colors, shapes, subject matter...whatever inspires you! I only ask you to please share your creative process with us. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects!

View the FROZEN Master Challenge Thread: HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Saturday, November 15th.
2. You have 1 hour to complete the challenge, unless otherwise noted.....you do not have to count prep time!
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Frozen - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14MINI2 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

A big THANK YOU to my amazing sample makers: Cher, Stacy and Kim!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HOLLY JOLLY wm.jpg (55.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Cher.jpg (37.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Stacy.jpg (70.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Kim.jpg (33.7 KB, 16 views)
Pearl-ExPert

Exclamation Frozen VSN Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: The Land of Ice and Snow
Hostess: Adelle (Adelle)
Keyword: VSNDEC14A
Date: Friday, December 12, 2014. 6 PM, EST

Welcome to VSN: Frozen.

I live in the Canadian prairies where it feels like winter lasts for at least half of the year. I love to sit by the window with a mug of hot tea and see the world covered with snow and ice. It's so beautiful and peaceful.

My challenge to you is to use the Stained Glass Technique or the Frosted Window Technique and get your winter on.

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, December 21, 2014.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14A when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (46.5 KB, 12 views)

Join us for VSN - Frozen
Mini Nov 7, Main Dec 12 & 13.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts
Default It's SUMMER Down Under by berlycece - VSNDEC14B - Friday, Dec. 12 - 7 pm EST

Challenge Title: "It's SUMMER Down Under!"
Hostess: Kim (aka berlycece)
Keyword: VSNDEC14B
DATE: Friday December 12th; 7:00 pm Eastern

While we may be dealing with all things "Frozen" in many places north of the equator, the other half of the globe is basking in summer warmth! Olaf (my favorite character from Frozen") had such a cute, naive dream about experiencing summer. Let's remember him, and our friends south of the equator by making a SUMMER themed card with a winter twist. (Or a winter card with a summer twist??)

Think of a snowman on the beach with sunglasses...
Santa in a convertible...
Decorating a palm tree with Christmas lights...
Or those crazy people who do "polar bear swims"

For a little inspiration, here is Olaf's dream, put to song ...

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, December 21, 2014.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14B when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Be sure to link your card in the chat thread so everyone knows you participated! I can't wait to see what you create!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNDEC14B Summer Dreams.jpg (32.3 KB, 11 views)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts
Default This is for Anna by fionna51 - VSNDEC14C - Friday, Dec. 12 - 8 pm EST

Challenge Title: This is for Anna
Hostess: fionna51 aka Diane
Keyword: VSNDEC14C
Date: Friday, December 12

Disney had quite an eye-opener when Frozen was released. They imagined that Anna would be "the one" for this movie. After all, she was the princess. Elsa was the queen.

But they were wrong. Elsa was wildly popular...to the extent that it took months and months before they caught up with the demand for "Elsa stuff".

So we are going to focus on the princess. On Anna.
Your challenge is a color challenge. Use the following colors to make your card:

Pacific Point
Raspberry Ripple (or Rose Red)
Black

The bonus color is metallic gold.

You may use white or ivory as a neutral, but please, just a small amount. The goal is to create a lovely card in these deep, rich colors.

And for those of you who have never seen the movie ( :shock: you MUST see it! ) here is a picture of Anna.

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, December 21.
...a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
...b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
...c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Frozen - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14C when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card is seen.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3450 dmc.jpg (53.1 KB, 10 views)
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Frozen Lake by cardsareme - VSNDEC14D - Friday, Dec. 12 - 9 pm EST

Challenge "Frozen" Lake
Hostess: Cards are me aka Susan
Keyword: VSNDEC14D
Date: Friday, December 12

When I read that this VSN was "frozen", the first thing that came to mind is the memory of skating on the frozen lake behind our house. Every day when we arrived home from school we could not get our skates on quick enough. We would skate and play until we heard Mom call us in for supper. By the time we finished our meal it was dark outside but we headed out to the lake again. Because it was dark outside, the rumblings and cracking of the lake seemed to catch our attention more then the daytime. Sometimes the cracking seemed far away and others it felt as if it was under our skates. It was such a wonderful and fun time. The cracking of the lake is the inspiration for this challenge.

My challenge for you is to make a card or project using the "cracked glass " technique. You can use this technique on an image, the sentiment or even as an embellishment. Here is where you can find a tutorial:

Splitcoaststampers - Cracked Glass Technique Tutorial by Beate Johns

Please note that the freezer time will be part of your prep.

Here is my sample (I used the Cracked Glass Technique for the snow)

Attachment 303521

View the "FROZEN"Thread: HERE

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MARVSN14D when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (42.4 KB, 7 views)
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts
Default Frozen VSN Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Get Your Skates On
Hostess: Cook22 aka Sabrina
Keyword:VSNDEC14E

Date: Saturday 13th Dec, 12 Noon Eastern Time

Get Your Skates On:It's very rare for lakes and ponds to freeze over here, so outdoor skating is not an activity one sees. When we were growing up my mother (who lived in Canada for some years after leaving France) used to tell us about how they would freeze over the football pitches there to make outdoor winter rinks. We were fascinated and amazed at this idea!
So for my challenge, we are going ice-skating. Get out your images of people (or animals) skating, or some of those great skate dies I have seen. If you don't have those, got any roller skates? A bit risky on ice but OK on a card ;-).

If you're really stuck, please feel free to go tobogganing or skiing instead rather than miss out on the fun and feel that you can't participate.
But, if you have skates, you get bonus hot chocolate with marshmallows from me, since skates is really what the challenge is about. Sorry it has to be virtual, but that's fewer calories for you to worry about :mrgreen:.

Remember, there's a 6 month Fan Club membership or extension to be randomly drawn as a prize for each challenge!!

1.All VSN creations must be uploaded by 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, December 21, 2014
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14E when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNDEC14Esaktesc22.jpg (44.0 KB, 4 views)
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Exclamation Frozen VSN Master Challenge Thread

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Frozen Delight by margscardcrazy - VSNDEC14F - Saturday, Dec. 13 - 1 pm EST

Challenge Title: Frozen Delight
Hostess: margscardcrazy aka Marg
Keyword: VSNDEC14F

Date: Saturday 13th Dec 1pm EST

Hi everyone this VSN is all about "Frozen" but coming from sunny Queensland Australia the only frozen I have anything to do with is ice cream.

My challenge to you is to make a birthday card with an ice cream theme.

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 PM EST ON saturday 19th December
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14F when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Cheers
Marg

My Gallery - MyBlog

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow" - Kurt Vonnegut

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
Default The Frozen Tundra by T.Joy - VSNDEC14G - Saturday, Dec. 13 - 2 pm EST

Challenge Title: The Frozen Tundra
Hostess: T. Joy (Tricia)
Keyword: VSNDEC14G
Date: Saturday, December 13th
Time: 2 pm EST

Hi everyone! Being the good little Wisconsinite that I am, when I saw the FROZEN theme for this VSN I immediately thought of "The Frozen Tundra"... the pet name for Lambeau Field - home of the Green Bay Packers. Which made me think of the Green and Gold. Which made me think, "Of course! A color challenge!!!"

So... your challenge is Use the colors green and yellow or gold as the main colors on your card. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

View the Main Frozen VSN Challenge Thread : HERE

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Saturday, December 19th.
3. We have a special gallery for the Summer Vacation VSN.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Summer Vacation - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14G when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GandGVSN2.jpg (184.8 KB, 11 views)
Mad Swapper

Default Worth Melting For by theelopers - VSNDEC14H - Saturday, Dec. 13 - 3 pm EST

Challenge Title: Some People Are Worth Melting For
Hostess: theelopers (Theresa)
Keyword: VSNDEC14H
Date: Saturday Dec. 13, 3PM

I absolutely LOVED the movie Frozen! What part was my fav? Do I HAVE to have a fav? LOL

Olaf is a cute, cuddly yet cold snowman. He was made by Elsa when they were young as they were playing in the house. Later in the movie Olaf comes to life and is the �comedian� of the show with his little antics, etc. Yet in the end he is willing to sacrifice himself for Anna as she becomes �ice� from the inside out.

My challenge is for you to make a card with �melting� (puddle, dripping, etc) on it. It doesn�t have to be a winter card. It has to have a minimum of two layers and two embellies.

View the gallery for this challenge: VSNDEC14H

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2014.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14H when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card/project is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOME PEOPLE ARE WORTH MELTING FOR.jpg (69.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Singing_in_the_Rain_by_theelopers.jpg (119.4 KB, 8 views)

Default Title by Tammie - VSNDEC14I - Saturday, Dec. 13 - 4 pm EST

Challenge Title: GOTCHA!
Hostess: TAMMIE E
Keyword: VSNDEC14I
Date: SATURDAY, DEC 13

There is nothing that says "Frozen" more than a face full of snow...am I right? With that said, let's have the biggest snowball fight that SCS has ever seen!

My challenge; Gotcha!, is an easy one...create a project that includes one or more snowballs. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects!

Did you know there is a 6-month Fan Club membership or extension, if you are currently a Fan Club member, to be randomly drawn as a prize for each challenge? Whoop whoop! ;)

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Sunday, December 21st.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14I when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNOWPILE wm.jpg (56.9 KB, 10 views)
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 217 Likes on 187 Posts

Challenge title: Torn Snow
Hostess : Chercher
Keyword: VSNDEC14J
Date: Saturday Dec. 13, 5 p.m.

When I heard of the Frozen VSN *I knew I wanted to be a part of it! Not only did I love the movie, but I just love, love, love, love snow!!! I love watching snow, walking in snow, playing in snow,sledding in snow, *skiing in snow.......... I even love using snow to make a cocktail!

So my challenge is to make a card by tearing paper to make it look like snow.*

View the gallery for this challenge: VSNDEC14J

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2014.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14H when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card/project is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

Here's my sample

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - chercher - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (52.4 KB, 13 views)

Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Challenge Title: Texas Snowman
Hostess: mrslaird (Paula)
Keyword: VSNDEC14K
Date: Dec 13th, 6PM EST

I love "Frozen"! It's now one of my favorite animated films and that is saying a lot! I live in Southeast Texas and we pretty much need Elsa and her magical snow powers to get anywhere near enough snow for a snowman. Growing up, my grandmother had a little water globe with a hat, carrot, and three little black rocks floating in it. The caption? Texas Snowman. ;)

My challenge to you is to make a card with water. You can use an image of water, use a watercoloring technique, or any other way you can work water into your project!

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14K when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNDEC14K Frozen thanksDSC_0167.jpg (44.7 KB, 5 views)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Challenge Title: White Out
Hostess: Kathleen Curry (Kathy)
Keyword: VSNDEC14L
Date: Dec. 13th, 7pm

I love snow in the winter. The more the better. The past few years, we have had quite a bit! I love to look out my windows at all the houses and trees outlined in white. So, my challenge is to stamp something in white ink on white paper and color it in. I've seen this often lately and the effect is really pretty.

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14L when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg whiteout.jpg (44.9 KB, 10 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

Challenge Title: Frozen with Sympathy
Hostess: JBgreendawn aka (Stacy)
Keyword: VSNDEC14M
Date: Saturday December 13, 2014

At the time when the hostess call went out for Frozen, I had not seen the film. and funnily enough there was one for sale at a yard sale the next morning so, I decided it was fate that I should watch it and play along. at around that same time while I was thinking about the movie we had a loss that hit me really hard and I thought you know it may be kind of cool to have a sympathy card made in advance that you know you could make and not need it. That maybe its easier to make one when you are not frozen with grief.
The twist on this sympathy card is you need to add something iridescent to it. something that shimmers and catches the light like a diamond ( or ice) this can be anything you want. ribbons, glitter papers, stickles.

you find it, it sparkles, your good.

Here is hoping none of us need another sympathy card today.

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10 P. M. EST ON Saturday, DEC 21st.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose FROZEN - it's the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14M when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNSymp1 JBgreendawn.jpg (58.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg VSNSymp2 JBgreendawn.jpg (77.4 KB, 8 views)

My Blog
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge Title: Winter Wildlife
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: VSNDEC14N
Date: Saturday, Dec. 13

Winter animals are so cute and fluffy and adorable!!! My challenge is to feature one of those on your card/project!!! You can be as creative as you want in deciding what is a winter/arctic animal! I promise I won't tattle! ;)

I used an adorable little bunny called Juniper. K. Joy designs this little digi and I'm in love!! Of course some appropriate winter silver and bling for a snow bunny!!!

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14N when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg junipersilversnowflake.jpg (63.1 KB, 6 views)
Mad Swapper

Challenge Title: Icicles
Hostess: Mit240z (Michelle)
Keyword: VSNDEC14O
Date: Saturday, December 13th

A little while back I was hanging out on Pinterest and came across a tutorial for making your own icicles. As soon as I saw it I thought "this would be great for a winter themed VSN!" So of course I was ecstatic when Lee and Misti announced the Frozen theme!

So my challenge to you is to use Icicles on your card. You can use any kind an image, a punch, maybe a background paper, using stickles or glue and glitter directly on your card, even cutting out icicles by hand! Or if your brave enough you can try this tutorial for making them with glue and glitter!

Winter Icicles - Paper Pleasing Ideas

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword VSNDEC14O when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Happy Brrrthday.jpg (55.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Snow and Ice.jpg (53.4 KB, 6 views)