VSN stands for Virtual Stamp Night, which is a SplitCoastStampers tradition. VSN consists of a series of stamping challenges for participants to complete. ANYONE can play, there is no registration or fee and you can do as many or as few challenges as you’d like. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned vet, VSN will get you to try new things and get your creativity flowing. Most importantly, VSN is all about fun!
Everything VSN takes place in the VSN forum
You can even subscribe to the forum and be notified of new threads and posts. To subscribe, first be on the thread listing page for the VSN forum. Then select ‘Subscribe to this Forum’ from the drop ‘Forum Tools’ drop down menu.
– The Coordinators choose a theme for the VSN. Challenges usually relate to the theme. The theme for MAY 2009 VSN IS VIVA LAS VSN!
– VSN is made up of a series of stamping challenges. The challenge is a set of rules to be followed when making a card or project. Challenges can involve something simple like a color scheme, more involved like creating a specific type of interactive card, or a stamping technique; and challenges can even be non-card types.
– VSN is two days – Friday night and Saturday. The GAMING TABLES open on Friday at 7pm EDT and close for the night at 10:00pm EDT; Saturday begins at 12 noon EDT and ends at 10:00pm EDT. Challenges are posted every hour until 10pm EDT.
You have 45 minutes to complete each challenge and an extra 15 minutes to clean up, snack, upload or do whatever you need to. You do not have to have your challenge submission uploaded within that timeframe, but it must be uploaded by the deadline.
There are also Mini-VSN challenges. This VSN we have 2 scheduled: March 28th and April 25th.
Participation – All challenges will be posted in the Master Challenge thread found at the top of the VSN forum. The thread will be stickied – to stay at the top of the forum – and locked so that you can easily find each new challenge. In addition, each host will post a “chat” thread for their challenge. The chat thread is where you may ask any questions about that challenge (or simply chat). Also, you do not have to play every challenge – your level of participation is up to you. Finally, you do not have to play a challenge when it is posted, but you do need to complete your card within 45 minutes – this is on the honor system – and it must be uploaded by the deadline.
– All VSN submissions must be uploaded to the SCS gallery by 10 pm EDT, Monday, May 18th for the VSN to be considered for judging.
Each submission must include the unique code (for example: MAY09VSNA) in the keywords field; this will ensure each host can find your entry. It is not required to post a link to your entry within the chat thread, but many people enjoy doing so. Winning entries will be announced a few days after the deadline. Each winning entry will be moved into a special gallery forum for easy perusal.
What Does a VSN Host/Hostess Do?
Each challenge is presented by a challenge host/hostess. The host chooses a challenge topic and is responsible for judging his/her challenge entries.
Additionally, the host will also start a chat thread for their challenge, where you can go to ask questions or just hang out and chat! Hosts are allowed to play, and win, during VSN (just not their own challenge).
What Do the Coordinators (Pit Bosses) Do?
Each VSN has coordinators. Coordinators choose the hosts, post the challenges, and just all-around coordinate the entire VSN. Coordinators participate by helping to make samples for the challenges. Coordinators are not eligible to win any VSN categories.
What Can You Do to Prepare?
Prior to VSN the coordinators will post several things to help you prepare for VSN:
• Rules – specific and detailed guidelines for participation and submission
• Shopping List – a list of supplies you may need to complete the challenges
• Schedule – starting times and VSN codes
• Other Relevant Information – anything else that the coordinators feel will be helpful