Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-f327/)
-   -   JUN12VSNL ~ Saturday, June 16th ~ 8PM ~ Journey of the Magi (a poem by T S Eliot) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-f327/jun12vsnl-%7E-saturday-june-16th-%7E-8pm-%7E-journey-magi-poem-t-s-eliot-t556005.html)

Margscardcrazy 06-16-2012 04:01 PM

JUN12VSNL ~ Saturday, June 16th ~ 8PM ~ Journey of the Magi (a poem by T S Eliot)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Title: Journey of the Magi (Three Wise Men) a poem by T S Eliot
Hostess: Marg, margscardcrazy
Keyword: JUN12VSNL
Day/Date: Saturday June 16th
Time: 08:00pm EST

In this poem the point of view of one of the three wise men is depicted as they travel to visit the Christ Child. This is one of the worlds best known journeys.

My challenge to you is to create a Christmas card depicting the journey of the three wise men.

Supplies: all the normal paraphernalia and may be a stamp of the three wise men but not essential, using your imagination is the best tool of all.

You might choose to depict the three wise men travelling as I have or them arriving at Bethlehem or the gifts they bring, anything to do with the trip.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday JUNE 18th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN12VSNL, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

theelopers 06-16-2012 04:02 PM

Hmmm, no three wise men stamps....three packages? The star?

Margscardcrazy 06-16-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelopers (Post 19498823)
Hmmm, no three wise men stamps....three packages? The star?

Sound good to me love to see what you come up with :)
Cheers

muzbysmom 06-16-2012 04:09 PM

Marg - I noticed your link isn't set up to the gallery. Did you need help with that? Also, here's a link to my card

Lynn's JUN12VSNL Peace on Earth by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Margscardcrazy 06-16-2012 04:15 PM

Hi Lynn, just realized and fixed it, thought it would come across in the copy and past but it didn't so had to go back in and hyper link, can't believe how much I have learnt over the past week or two, could give my sixteen year old grandson a run for his money (well almost)
Thanks for all your help
Cheers

mamaxsix 06-16-2012 04:26 PM

Here is a link to the poem I'd never read it! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Thinking on the card part now ;)

princessrandi82 06-16-2012 04:48 PM

I have about 20 Christmas/ holiday stamp sets but do you think one of them had the Three Wise Men? Nope! This is as close as I could get.... hope it works! :)

o holy night - RMW by princessrandi82 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

muzbysmom 06-16-2012 04:54 PM

Math I had a typo in the title of my card. I fixed it so it should be in the gallery shortly.

casep 06-16-2012 05:09 PM

I love the Stampendous stamp I used for this card! Magi Gifts by casep - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Margscardcrazy 06-16-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessrandi82 (Post 19498911)
I have about 20 Christmas/ holiday stamp sets but do you think one of them had the Three Wise Men? Nope! This is as close as I could get.... hope it works! :)

o holy night - RMW by princessrandi82 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

It certainly dose Randi, I've left you some love well done :)

Thanks for playing
Cheers

Margscardcrazy 06-16-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 19498925)
Math I had a typo in the title of my card. I fixed it so it should be in the gallery shortly.

Yep it's in there and it's still gorgeous too :lol:
Cheers

Margscardcrazy 06-16-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casep (Post 19498949)
I love the Stampendous stamp I used for this card! Magi Gifts by casep - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I love the stamp set too it was made for this challenge, your card is stunning. I've left you some love.
Thanks for playing
Cheers

mamaxsix 06-16-2012 05:34 PM

I didn't have a wise man stamp either! I pictured this as what the wise men would have seen as they traveled from afar! Here's my View of the Wise Men. I had to stop to help DD sew some curtains....why does every project start off badly? Good thing I own a seam ripper!;);)

tamijo 06-16-2012 06:54 PM

here's mine

tamijo- Journey of the Magi by tamijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Margscardcrazy 06-16-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsix (Post 19498997)
I didn't have a wise man stamp either! I pictured this as what the wise men would have seen as they traveled from afar! Here's my View of the Wise Men. I had to stop to help DD sew some curtains....why does every project start off badly? Good thing I own a seam ripper!;);)

Hi Gail,
Left you some love in the gallery glad you could stay the distance for my challenge.
Thanks for playing
Cheers

Margscardcrazy 06-16-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamijo (Post 19499174)

Hi Tami,
Left you some love in the gallery, love your sets, am going to use my card as June's challenge too, just got to make the others :-(
thanks for playing
Cheers

padraicin 06-17-2012 03:43 PM

Thank you all for your inspirations. I was raised in an Irish family where every New Year's Day my father would go through our Christmas cards and pick out a new Three Wise Men card to hang over our front door. I was told it was for happiness and prosperity during the new year but have never been able to determine the origin of this tradition. I still do this every New Year's Day; hoping for happiness and prosperity but more as a tribute to my Dad. Now that not many send religious cards any longer, there have been years that the same card has hung over our front door for several years. I have passed this tradition on to friends over the years and try to send them Three Wise Men cards and now I have inspiration to make them! Thanks!

MegSnider 06-17-2012 04:24 PM

Here's my card: Cranberry Wise Men

Margscardcrazy 06-17-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padraicin (Post 19500578)
Thank you all for your inspirations. I was raised in an Irish family where every New Year's Day my father would go through our Christmas cards and pick out a new Three Wise Men card to hang over our front door. I was told it was for happiness and prosperity during the new year but have never been able to determine the origin of this tradition. I still do this every New Year's Day; hoping for happiness and prosperity but more as a tribute to my Dad. Now that not many send religious cards any longer, there have been years that the same card has hung over our front door for several years. I have passed this tradition on to friends over the years and try to send them Three Wise Men cards and now I have inspiration to make them! Thanks!

Hi and welcome, I noticed you are fairly new to Split Coast Stampers so it's lovely to hear from you. Your dad sounds a bit like my dad. It has given me a lovely warm feeling to read your story and even though I'm Ozzy through and through on my father's side it is only three generations, my great grandfather came out from Irland in the 1800's. My dad was born in Zehan on the west coast of Tasmania Australia on the 5/3/1918 and at that time 98% of the population of Zehan was Irish. My maiden name is Reilly so welcome sister I hope you get as much enjoyment out of SCS as I do.
Cheers

Margscardcrazy 06-17-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegSnider (Post 19500644)
Here's my card: Cranberry Wise Men

Hi Meg, Just had a peep at your card and it is lovely, have left you some love in your gallery.
Thanks for playing
Cheers

spunktastic 06-18-2012 03:57 PM

My traveling wisemen :)

IMG_20120618_065643_by_spunktastic by spunktastic - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

simplybeautiful 06-18-2012 05:53 PM

here is my card



Journey to Jesus

Margscardcrazy 06-18-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunktastic (Post 19502738)

Left you some love in the gallery, lovely card, do you know who made the stamp, got to get me one :lol: like I need more stamps.
Thanks for playing
Cheers

Margscardcrazy 06-18-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplybeautiful (Post 19503023)
here is my card



Journey to Jesus

Hi Ceal, great CAS card love the colours, hope you don't mind me pinching this idea for one of my Christmas card challenges.;)
Thanks for playing
Cheers


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:06 PM.