Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Virtual Stamp Night Archive (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-f327/)
-   -   DEC12VSNMINI3 ~Warm & Cozy Sweater Weather 7PM EST (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/virtual-stamp-night-archive-f327/dec12vsnmini3-%7Ewarm-cozy-sweater-weather-7pm-est-t564074.html)

JBgreendawn 11-09-2012 03:59 PM

DEC12VSNMINI3 ~Warm & Cozy Sweater Weather 7PM EST

1 Attachment(s)
DEC12VSNMINI3 ~
Title: Warm and Cozy Sweater Weather
Hostess: JBgreendawn ~ Stacy
Keyword: DEC12VSNMINI3
Day/Date: Friday November 9th, 2012
Time: 7 PM EST.

When I read the words warm and cozy I tend to think oh YAY! it's sweater weather :) and so, then the thought continues to I would like to see you all create something inspired by your favorite cozy sweater and to that end use fancy fibers (yarn's) on your creation. I'm not thinking ribbons or lace here. but lumpy fibers, shiny fibers, eyelash fibers. dig deep in that stash if you have to. I think fibers were "big" back in the same time frame as eyelets...

as a side note, I know there is a whole school of people leaving the hoarders club and going purging in their studio's lately*gasp!*... if you are one of those people don't worry if you don't own any "fibers", twine, jute, embroidery threads, yarn, cords, trims. etc. will also work for the textile element.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING/CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM EST ON MONDAY,

2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.This does not include thinking time, just assembly.

3. Please remember to put the correct keyword, DEC12VSNMINI3 , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

4. Remember not to combine VSN challenges.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this thread to be sure your card is seen.

LuvLee 11-09-2012 04:12 PM

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...allsmiley4.gif Ohhhh nice and cozy scarf or hat like in my smilie!

SinCityGal 11-09-2012 04:32 PM

Does our 45 minutes INCLUDE digging through our stuff? Heehee!

dini 11-09-2012 04:36 PM

Here's mine! Thanks for the fun challenge.

DEC12VSNMINI3 - Knitted Together by dini - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

JBgreendawn 11-09-2012 04:46 PM

nope Lisa, you may think or dig as long as you like its the construction that is timed.

JBgreendawn 11-09-2012 04:53 PM

PS if you live somewhere where it gets cold enough to wear sweaters... a lot of the time they give you a little baggie with a snip of the yarn near the price tag like spare buttons...

so remember to raid your sewing basket too. (or where ever you save those things)
( I have never in all my life repaired a sweater with those fibers )

tessaduck 11-09-2012 04:57 PM

LOTS of never-too-old fibers:

never too old by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mamaxsix 11-09-2012 05:49 PM

Found some fun yarn in my DD's stash and some fibers in mine
Vintage Tag With Fibers

bfarley 11-09-2012 09:56 PM

Woohoo! I'm 3 for 3! I couldn't find any yarn..so Iused rafia. You'll see it tomorrow. I am having a blast, but it's well after midnight and I have to work in the morning. I hope I have time tomorrow to do the last two. Thanks for a wonderful evening.

ravengirl 11-10-2012 07:00 AM

Good morning! I finished this one last night before I went to bed, but photographed and uploaded today.

Not My Sweater

bfarley 11-10-2012 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't find any yarn, so I used a little bit of knotted rafia. Thanks for the challenge.

JBgreendawn 11-10-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfarley (Post 19814518)
I couldn't find any yarn, so I used a little bit of knotted rafia. Thanks for the challenge.

That turned out really neat with the knot work in your rafia. :)

tamijo 11-10-2012 07:56 PM

Here's mine- very CAS (and small) :)

tamijo- Impossible mini by tamijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cook22 11-11-2012 05:51 AM

VSN Mini Poppy with Yarn by Cook22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Fibre wasn't the problem -an idea of what to do with it was till this morning. I loved getting my bag out to see if there was anything red to go with my green yarn and finding all the other treasures in there. Gosh, I need to use them more!

LuvLee 11-11-2012 07:57 PM

Hey Stacy....used some twine and kept it CAS....well except for the pearls! ;) But I also had in mind a nordic type sweater design we wore when we were kids and went skiing! LOL

Simple Snowflakes by LuvLee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Tammie E 11-12-2012 07:19 AM

Here's my Skier Tag project. I've had that stuff forever and have never used it...now I know why...I had red fibers EVERYWHERE! LOL! Thanks for the fun challenge!

stampingwriter 11-12-2012 09:02 AM

EEEEKK. I almost missed the mini VSN. Luckily I found out about it this morning, so I can enter a few challenges. Here's my card: Folded Tree for TLC403 and mini VSN by stampingwriter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

newstampinaddict 11-14-2012 11:54 AM

Mini- VSN- Seater Inspiration -Inside by newstampinaddict - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers