Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master Challenge Thread for the Main Event VSN

This thread twill have all the challenges posted for this weekends Main Event for the Olympic VSN for your viewing ease and pleasure.

This thread will be locked to chat, however, each challenge will have a chat thread for your chatting pleasure

Enjoy what the Coaches have in store for you!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Title: "WHAT IS AN INUKSHUK?"
Hostess: Denise "Resqbarbie"
Keyword: FEB10VSNA
Day/Date: Friday, February 26, 2010
Time: 6:00 PM (EST)

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Welcome to the VSN Olympic Games of 2010! I am honored to be the first challenge tonight! Let's get these games started off with a sketch challenge!

The symbol you have seen everywhere for these Olympics is called an INUKSHUK (plural inuksuit) which is a stone landmark or cairn built by humans, used by the Inuit, Inupiat, Kalaallit, Yupik, and other peoples of the Arctic region of North America.
The inukshuk may have been used for navigation, as a point of reference, a marker for hunting grounds, or as a food cache. Inuksuit vary in shape and size, with deep roots in the Inuit culture.
Inuksuit continue to serve as an Inuit cultural symbol. For example, an inuksuk is shown on the flag and Coat of Arms of the Canadian territory of Nunavut, and the flag of Nunatsiavut. They also are increasingly serving as a mainstream Canadian national symbol thanks in part to these 2010 Winter Olympics.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NKQ97rOwBH0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NKQ97rOwBH0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is a picture of the Inusuk that was the inspiration for the Olympic Symbol. It sits on top of Whistler Mountain.

Attachment 177939

And here is the sketch to follow for this challenge!

Attachment 177940

(click on this for a larger view)

Panels #4 & 5 can be combined to one panel but the others must be present as well to qualify in this challenge.

Go to the chat thread for this challenge HERE

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday, March 1st.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNA , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you project is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 800px-2009-0605-Ilanaaq-2010Oly-Whistler.jpg (47.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg VSN sketch challenge5.jpg (22.0 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by PKPenn; 02-26-2010 at 02:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Hudson's Bay Sweater
Hostess: FibreJunky
Keyword: FEB10VSNB
Day/Date: Friday, February 26th
Time: 7:00 PM (EST)

Each Winter Olympics has its own official sweater. The Lillehammer, the Torino, and others are designed by Dale of Norway. I've always wanted to created one of my own, but the time it takes to knit one is extraordinary.

This year, the Hudson's Bay Company has produced a contemporary twist on a traditional Cowichan sweater, which is a long-standing Canadian icon. Although there is a sweater designed by Dale of Norway, the Official Olympic Sweater for Vancouver is this one, and it is this sweater that is the inspiration for this challenge.

We can't knit a sweater in 45 minutes, but we can certainly create a card! Use the colours from the sweater in your creation. For a bigger challenge, use maple leaves, elk, or other patterning.

GO TO THE CHAT THREAD FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNB, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you project is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FEB10VSNB.jpg (82.3 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Olympicsweaterfront.jpg (54.6 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Olympicsweaterback.jpg (57.0 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Gingerbeary8; 02-26-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Title: Olympic Curling Team
Hostess: Kathy K ~kkrab5~
Keyword: FEB10VSNC
Day/Date: Friday, February 26, 2010
Time: 8:00 PM EST

Curling is a team game played on a rectangular sheet of carefully prepared ice. Teams take turns sliding heavy, polished granite stones down the ice towards to target (called the house). Two sweepers with brooms accompany each rock and use timing equipment and their best judgment, along with direction from their teammates, to help direct the stones to their resting place. The complex nature of stone placement and shot selection has led some to refer to curling as �chess on ice.�

In honor of this Olympic event, your challenge is to create a card using the rolling marble technique.

*If you don't have marbles, try using some dry beans or garden stones or anything round...maybe some dew drops will work?*

Or you can try the polished stone technique. You'll need glossy cardstock, rubbing alcohol, reinkers, and cotton balls.

Go the the chat thread for this challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, MARCH 1.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNC, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg curlingWM.JPG (31.4 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by PKPenn; 02-26-2010 at 05:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #5  
Just Me

Title: Snow Blind!
Hostess: stagccva (Taylor)
Keyword: FEB10VSND
Day/date: Friday, February 26th
Time: 9:00 P.M. EST

The Challenge:

Hi everyone! My challenge to you during these fun Olympic Games is to create a card that mimics the outdoor feel of Vancouver, and the rest of the Olympic sites. What does that mean, you ask?? ALL WHITE!!! That's right, we're going snow blind!

Here are the basic guidelines, which you must follow for your card to be considered for the honor gallery:
  • the majority of your cardstock and/or dp MUST be white
  • ALL embellishments must be white or a neutral color

Other than that, you can have fun! Coloring a huge image is kind of stretching the spirit of the game, imo -- the whole point of this is white white white! But you *can* color your image, or use colored inks. The card can be any theme, any occasion you want it to be - get creative!

Have fun in the snow, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

View MY SAMPLE

View the SNOW BLIND GALLERY

To chat in this challenge thread go HERE!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, MARCH 1st.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSND, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by Gingerbeary8; 02-26-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz

Title: Snow & Sky!
Hostess: alicaz (Alica)
Keyword: FEB10VSNE
Day/date: Friday, February 26th
Time: 10:00 P.M. EST

Hi everyone!
Everytime I hear the words Olympic Games this image (see attachment bellow) - that you probably all seen hundred times - comes to my mind. Super blue sky, lots of snow and the inukshuk.
So my Olympic challenge to you is to create a card/layout/3D project inspired by this picture. What does it mean? It needs to be blue and white - small traces of other colors are allowed too ;)
And since we play for medals - you can get some bonus points for using something Gold, Silver or Bronze on your creation. Something = ribbon, marker, cardstock, charm, embossing powder, brads, buttons...

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNE, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Gingerbeary8; 02-27-2010 at 04:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Title: "Winner's Podium"
Hostess: Vannessa ~saffivort~
Keyword: FEB10VSNF
Day/Date: Saturday February 27th 2010
Time: 12pm EST

Hope you've all enjoyed the Olympic events from yesterday's VSN challenges and a big warm welcome to another fun-filled day of fantastic Olympic challenges. I'm very honoured to be the first hostess of today and here's my challenge for you all.

The winners of each of the Winter Olympic events have trained and competed for years and truely do deserve recognition for all their hard work and achievements. These athletes are completely dedicated to their sport and do their countries proud. To receive their medals at the end of the competition, the winning olympic athletes each have to stand on a podium just like these girls did:

I can imagine for these athletes it must be the proudest time of their lives! They certainly get my round of applause!

To honor these Winter Olympic athletes on Splitcoast Stampers, my challenge is……for you to make a free standing pop up card to represent the winner standing tall and proud on the winner's podium. There is now a video tutorial for this technique on the same page, which is fantastic!

My samples are here and here.

The Chat for this challenge can be found here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEBVSNF, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

Last edited by Gingerbeary8; 03-01-2010 at 05:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: On the Waterfront
Hostess: peggysue
Key word: FEB10VSNG
Day/date: Saturday, February 27th
Time: 1:00 P.M. EST

Vancouver, the host city of the Winter games for the 2010 Olympics, was named for British Captain George Vancouver, who explored the area in the 1790s. Vancouver is not only a busy seaport but recreational activities involving water abound.

If you had the privilege of seeing the opening ceremonies, the entire stage at one point was one huge ocean with ice floes and spouting whales, truly a technical marvel. But the reality is even better, those spouting whales and gorgeous waterviews really exist as Vancouver is a vibrant city poised on the waterfront. Your challenge is to make a card that incorporates water as a theme, such as a sailing ship, pond, whales, mermaid, beach ~ some sort of water scene. Have fun!

P.S. . . This card did take me beyond the challenge time of 45 minutes because of experimenting with the embellishments. However, if you followed the basic design of the main image stamped in black on colored paper with some layers and more basic embellishments, assembly itself would be very quick. This is provided for inspiration.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNG, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mermaid2.jpg (51.5 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by PKPenn; 02-27-2010 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 10:00 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge: FEB10VSNH ~ Interview With The Glitterati
Date: Saturday, February 27th
Time: 2:00 PM
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)

A big part of the Olympics are the personal interviews......

I don't know if I'm the only one............but I tend to pick who I'd like to see win various events by the personal stories that are shared in interviews!! The participants in their brightly colored costumes with the snapshot into their personal struggles.........those get to me everytime!!!

So in honor of these colorful and sparkling personalities.........my challenge is to glitter up your image!!! Don't we **all** really want a glittered up image to present to the world!?

Choose an image.....either a bold image and a fun color or a line image and color it in.........then you will glitter the entire image in loose glitter!!! Yep.......loose glitter!! No Stickles or Glitter Pens allowed this time! LOL The technique I use is the Heat-n-Stick process......I versamark my entire image, then cover it in Heat-n-Stick (a product by SU), tap off the excess and heat it with the embossing gun until just shiny and sticky. Then cover the image with an iridescent glitter and tap off excess. And VOILA! If you don't have Heat-n-Stick or something similar, then put a very thin layer of clear-drying glue over your image and cover in glitter, tap off excess and let dry. A fellow hostess also suggested possibly using some thin, clear, sticky sheets?? I've never tried that, but feel free to use those and let me know how they work! Now make your card!!!!

Here is my card and also a close-up of my glittered image:

VIEW THE CHAT THREAD FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNH , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Mrs. Mac; 02-27-2010 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Title: "I Believe"
Hostess: Jazzytobi
Keyword: FEB10VSNI
Day/Date: Saturday, Feb. 27, 2010
Time: 3:00 PM (EST)

"I Believe" is the theme song of the 2010 Winter Games (sung by a virtually unknown singer, but anyway...) I would like to honor the thousands of musicians who take part in the games who play a pivotal role in entertaining the thousands of sports fans and bolstering the spirits of the talented athletes. This is especially close to my heart because I am a high school music teacher living in Vancouver and two of my choirs were invited to not only sing at the centre of all the action on Robon Street, but also sing at the Paralympic games opening ceremony on March 12th! What would the Olympics be without music? What would ANY event be without music?

My challenge to you has three components:

1. Include a musical element on your creation. I used some music patterned paper (Graphic 45) and there are a couple of notes on Anya's skirt for my musical components.. Be creative!
2. Follow the sketch provided based on my sample card! I am not strict about measurements etc, so use it as a starting point!
3. Give a little love to the INSIDE of the card!

Okay, go have fun!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNI when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4361760212_ca55b2d18f_o.jpg (40.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: png 4361759812_5d4a59630b_o.png (467.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: png feb15vsnisketch.png (20.5 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by Mrs. Mac; 02-27-2010 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Title: Going for the Gold, Silver or Bronze
Hostess: stampingwriter (Sandy)
Keyword: FEB10VSNJ
Day/Date: Saturday, Feb. 27
Time: 4:00 P.M. (EST)

With all the talk about winning gold, silver and bronze, sometimes the Olympics just sounds like a metals commodity exchange where everyone is required to be in top athletic form. Luckily, stampers don't have to worry abut being the fastest or strongest to qualify for gold, silver, or bronze -- we can make our own by using the faux metal technique. With a little embossing powder and a heat gun, you can create your own metallic-look embellishments. My challenge is for you to create something using the faux metal technique and incorporate it into a card. (You can cut out your metallic image, as suggested in the tutorial, or use it as is � if you do the latter, it's best to cut the paper you are embossing to size first.)

Additional requirement:
because Olympic winners are presented their gold, silver or bronze medals hanging on a ribbon, you must use ribbon on your card.

Note: Faux Metal Technique works best with regular embossing powder, not the detail EP.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
\1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, MARCH 1st.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNJ, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg faux metal sample.jpg (56.0 KB, 54 views)
Teapot Tuesday participant

Last edited by Mrs. Mac; 02-27-2010 at 12:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #12  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

Title: Go For the Gold
Hostess: markie's mom
Key word: FEB10VSNK
Time: 5:00 P.M. EST

Ever since I was in elementary school, I've been watching the Olympics with my family. This year is the first year that Markie wanted to watch with us. As a matter of fact, he was chanting, "Go For the Gold!" at the television set this past weekend! I had to laugh, as my husband was snoring on the couch, and there was my little 10 year old, chanting for a Curling team. Who knew he would like to watch a game that had brushes and stones? He's usually more interested in chess!

So, in honor of Markie's Chant, I challenge you to GO FOR THE GOLD by using GOLD on your card! You can emboss, use gold paper, etc.

VIEW MY SAMPLE HERE

KEYWORD: FEB10VSNK

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNK, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by Mrs. Mac; 02-27-2010 at 01:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Challenge: FEB10VSNL, Sharpen Your Blades!
Date: Saturday, February 27th
Time: 6:00 PM
Hostess: Kelly (aka Schirmcat)

There are SO many events in the Winter Olympics requiring you to "sharpen your blades"...figure skating, speed skating, short track, luge, bobsled...

Well, I think it's time that a new blade be added to this list...the SCORING blade! So get out your scoring blades whether it be on a Scor-pal, Score It Board, or even make fancy folds with your bone folder. The challenge is to make a decorative pattern using scored lines. It can be a simple 2-track set of lines like from a bobsled or your can get really decorative and make an intricate pattern like a figure skater! So you choose the sport...are you feeling the most like Michelle Kwan, Apolo Anton Ohno, Dan Jansen, or the Jamaican Bobsled Team tonight? There is a random MEDAL that will be involved in this challenge! Mention your favorite Olympian past or present in your post, and you will be entered to win a prize from SPELLBINDERS, yay!I can't wait to find out after you sharpen your blades!

YOU CAN GO TO THE CHAT THREAD HERE!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNL , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FEB10VSNL, Score!.jpg (40.5 KB, 68 views)

Gingham Girl

Last edited by markie's mom; 02-27-2010 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

Title: "TRIPLE INSPIRATION
Hostess: LISA--HELMTS1981
Keyword: FEB10VSNM
Day/Date: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2010
Time: 7:00 PM (EST)

To me the Olympics is all about inspiration. The participants work night and day training to be the best of the best in their chosen field. With recent events and the loss of an olympian we should honor those that have inspired us!

My challenge is��for you to make a card for the person in your life that inspires you. The challenge part is to use 3 different ribbon.

Hopefully you will be inspired to show the person in your life how much they have made you a contender as a stamper and scrapper!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNM , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kraftin-Kimmie-2.10-VSN.jpg (79.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 2.28.10-Lisa.jpg (48.7 KB, 54 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Title~Bundled Up
Hostess: Irishjen (Jenny)
Keyword: FEB10VSNN
Day/Date:Feb 27th
Time: 8:00 PM (EST)

“Bundle up!” I’m sure that is what we would be telling each other as we prepare to go watch those Olympic games. Whether bundling up to get to the venue or bundling up because we’ll be outside watching an event ~keeping warm is a must. So lets bundle up our cards and keep em warm and toasty!!

How does one bundle a card? Hmm interesting question. Here’s the challenge~ it is in 2 pieces, without one piece- your card will be chilly and could catch a cold and we wouldn’t want that!!

1~ Card ends must fold over each other-I call it a trifold cause it opens in 3 pieces, however you wanna call it ~your card has to hug itself!! (one end over the other!) {I used 12x12 paper cut in half to get the base. Ladies I don't measure or I'd tell ya where I folded!! If no 12x12 cut normal paper in half and then overlap the bottoms of the 2 cards so they fold in...that make sense??}

2~Card has to be wrapped at least twice by something…ribbon, twine, yarn, or whatever your imagination can come up with. But there has to be visible 2 strands of something!

That’s how we bundle up!

VIEW THE CHAT THREAD HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNC, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3186.jpg (38.9 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3197.jpg (46.2 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by markie's mom; 02-27-2010 at 04:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #16  

Title: Tickets Please
Hostess: Maggie�s Mummy (Cav)
Key word: FEB10VSNO
Time: 9:00 P.M. EST

For any of you who have ever been lucky enough to go to an Olympic Games, I�m sure you�re well aware of one of the most important things to take with you and have on you at all times. And no, I�m not talking about money, credit cards or even your camera!!!! It�s your tickets to the event!!!

So, let�s make something to hold our tickets in so we won�t lose them � let�s make a pocket card!!!!

There are heaps of different varieties to choose from:

Pocket Card (the original)
Cav's Pocket Card

Faux Pocket Card (a little less messing around with inserts etc). There's no tutorial for this, so I'll try and give a quick one here:

a) Use an ordinary sized card base, ie: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (148.5mm x 210mm) and fold in half as usual
b) Cut from the top of the card along the fold line, down about 1 1/4" (about 50mm)
c) Fold this "flap" down
d) Add some DSP or an insert by sticking this to the inside back of your card to create a "faux" insert
e) Decorate card as usual

If the instructions don't make sense, then check out my sample, Cav's Faux Pocket Card

** This idea was provided to me quite a while ago by Michelle (Tillyhead) and I've used it frequently!!!!!!

Diagonal Double Pocket Card (a great way to use some DSP)
Cav's Diagonal Double Pocket Card

Double Pocket Card (for something really special)
Cav's Double Pocket Card

(To view my samples, simply click on the links above)

As an added challenge, try to incorporate something wintery and/or sporty to your card, to celebrate this year�s Winter Olympics!!!!! This is something I didn't really get to do!!!!!

VIEW THE CHAT THREAD HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNO, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I hope you all enjoy this challenge and have some fun with it!!! I'm looking forward to cruising the gallery!!!

Cav
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Title: In Hot Water
Hostess: Scrapacat (Ky and her Olympic stamping bunnies!)
Keyword: FEB10VSNP
Day/Date: Saturday, February 27th
Time: 10:00 PM (EST)

Well the Olympics have been astounding us again. Wonderful events, terrific cameraderie, thrilling efforts, and stunning failures, not to mention beautiful scenery!

There's a downside to this "every four years" thing - sometimes, you really need an explanation of just what this event is - what are the rules, how do countries and athletes prepare for this, and what the heck is this anyway?

There are the mainstays - speed skating - and the new comers - skicross? And what the fluffy?? Skeleton? Oh yeah - I remember that one now! Curling still confuses me.

This challenge is a chance for you to scratch your head a little, and ask...what the fluffy?? We're going to use an old technique that will seem very new to many of you: Tea Bag folding. It's one of the 'original' paper arts - similar to origami.

Hop over to this site: Tea Bag Folding, and read up. Then make your project - stamps are optional if you want to just work with a pretty patterned paper, but to impress the judges, incorporate your tea bag folding into a stamped design! Remember - your 45 minutes does NOT include the time you spend planning your routine (project)!

For the chatters - what event delighted you, confounded you, or had a participant who's story just really captured you?

My Sample:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, FEB10VSNP , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I Blog at The BunnyNest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Here is my submission for this challenge:

A Perfect Frost (FEB10VSNE) by Chucky at Splitcoaststampers

I had so much fun making this layout. Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #19  
Glitter Guru

I had so much fun doing the challenges. I was hoping to do all of them, but I was able to do 12. I guess it's not that bad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

These were SO MUCH FUN!!!!! I hope to do 1 or 2 more tonight - I really am hooked on VSN!!! Thanks for all the time and effort put into these; you ladies are AWESOME!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes