Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #1  
Duchess of CBCs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Comfy & Cozy Master Challenge Thread

Title: Singing in a Sleigh
Hostess:newstampinaddict (Alison)
Keyword: DEC12VSNJ
Day/Date: Saturday, December 15th
Time: 5:00 pm EST

I LOVE winter. I know many think I'm strange, but I love the cold, I love the snow and I love being wrapped up in blankets, drinking hot cider/chocolate, and looking at the cold outside.

I LOVE music. I grew up singing; in the shower, in the car, in choir, etc...

Deep down, I am a romantic and I have always thought that one of the most romantic/fun things, would be a sleigh ride in the snow....

So, your mission, should you choose to accept it.... is to make a card or project using inspiration from the song, Sleigh Ride. As you are all groaning about how difficult inspiration challenges are ;-) remember, this doesn't have to be literal or a sleigh.... The part of the song that I really felt hit the "note" for this VSN is below, but I included a link to the lyrics of the whole song:
Our cheeks are nice and rosy
And comfy cozy are we
We're snuggled up together
Like two birds of a feather would be
Let's take that road before us
And sing a chorus or two
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you
So, inspiration -- birds, music, sleigh, snow, sleigh bells, birthday, farms, pumpkins, coffee, love, horses, feathers.... The ideas are endless!!!

Thanks for playing!!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: DEC12VSNJ

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

We have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday December 17th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC12VSNJ when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. We have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN_Sleigh_by_newstampinaddict.jpg (47.4 KB, 3 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Watercolor Wizard

Default Master Challenge Thread

Title: Comfy, Cozy Critters
Hostess:muzbysmom (Lynn)
Keyword: DEC12VSNK
Time: 6:00 pm EST

When I think of comfy and cozy my thoughts go immediately to cuddling with my critters! I have two cats and one adorable "puppy" (he's 11 now but to me he'll always be a puppy) who all at one time or another like to cuddle up on my lap. Your challenge is to make a card featuring your interpretation of a Comfy, Cozy Critter. That might be a conventional pet or perhaps a stuffed toy that meant a lot to you as a child.

Thanks for playing!!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: DEC12VSNK

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

We have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC12VSNK when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Title: Cool Colors
Hostess:
Dina K (dini)
Keyword:
DEC12VSNB
Day/Date:
Friday, December 14th
Time:
6:00 pm EST

Most of you probably know that I live in the tropics - in fact, we are 2 degrees north of the Equator! We put on jackets here when it dips below 80 F, because our bodies are so used to feeling HOT!! So what feels comfy-cozy to ME is sitting in the office, where the air conditioner runs all the time, and I have all my stamping and art supplies and pretend friends within reach to keep me company.

My challenge to you is to
cool me off with some cool colors!! Show me some greens, blues, and purples on your cards. You can use black and white and some cool neutrals if you need to, but keep the main colors the ones below.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. We have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC12VSNB, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen. Thanks for playing along!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2635.JPG (97.6 KB, 5 views)
Vincent Van Gogh

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Title: Comfy Cozy Quilts
Hostess: Brenda (tessaduck)
Keyword: DEC12VSNC
Day/Date: Friday, December 14th
Time: 7:00 pm EST

------------------

Our Friendship is a Patchwork Quilt

Author Unknown

Our friendship is a patchwork quilt, a beautiful design,
Stitched with heart-made patterns, uniquely yours and mine.
It�s made of scraps of memory and joys of every hue,
Colorful together times, with laughter woven through.
Our friendship�s stuffed with kindness and filled to overflowing
With heartfelt understanding, warmly comforting and knowing.
Our friendship�s bound to last the years, for every cherished part
Is seamed with care and sewn with love... an heirloom work of heart.

---------------------

Quilting is a unique, practical, and absolutely accessible art form, with the benefits of collaboration, creation, resourcefulness, and, of course, comfort.

I�m a quilter as well as a paper crafter. I love the colors and feel of fabric. Finishing and giving a quilt is amazing. For my own use, I especially value scrappy quilts, with pieces of fabric that have meaning-- kind of like a comfy, cozy scrapbook.

My challenge to you is to create a paper project that shows quilting. Try quilt-patterned designer paper, a quilt in an image, or use scraps to piece your own block.

Here's Jenna Barber's tutorial: quilted card

Here�s a great resource for quilt blocks:

Quilter�s Cache

My sample uses the traditional �Card Trick� block. Appropriate?

View the gallery for this challenge here .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC12VSNC, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks for playing along!!!
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Title: Baby lock the doors and let's have S'mores!
Hostess: Patty/pattyb
Keyword: DEC12VSNA
Day/Date: Friday, Dec 14th
Time: 5:00pm EST

What brings more thoughts of comfort than childhood treats? So let's talk s'mores

Look at the layers - Layers of square crisp crackers, round gooey marshmallow, rectangle warm melty chocolate... each alone may bring warm and cozy thoughts, but when you put them all together... oh baby! Let's start this party out with a sketch of layers reminiscent of a time honored warm and cozy treat!

Look at the shape of s'mores (square crackers, rectangle chocolate, round marshmallows,) and the layers (cracker, chocolate, marshmallow,) that�s what we�re going to build our sketch on, those shapes and layers.

Go lock your doors, promise yourself a decadent s'mores treat if you finish all of the VSN challenges.
How warm and cozy would this dessert be? > Cooking Classy: S'mores Bites - Two Ways

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC12VSNA , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smores image.jpg (7.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg vsn1212plba.jpg (102.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg vsn 12 12 plb sketch-001.jpg (38.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2773c_by_dini.jpg (53.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6253_by_KelliJo.jpg (40.4 KB, 7 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges

Title: Cozy Friendship
Hostess: Patty/pattyb
Keyword: DEC12VSNM
Day/Date: Saturday, Dec 15th
Time: 8:00pm EST

Friends are a lot like the sun--dependable and warm, and they brighten your day. unknown

What's more warm and cozy than time spent with friends? Don't you sometimes wish you could pack that feeling up and carry it in your pocket to take out and enjoy whatever life gets rough?

Let�s make a Diagonal Double pocket card with a friendship theme in warm colors. Two pockets gives you twice the space to share how much someone's friendship really means to you.

Here's the directions > Diagonal Double pocket card

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC12VSNM , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsn1212plbb.jpg (127.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg VSNdoublewishes_JBgreendawn_by_JBgreendawn.jpg (46.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg vsn HBFriend_by_muzbysmom.jpg (31.5 KB, 4 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 658 Likes on 415 Posts

Title: Celtic or Irish Inspired
Hostess: Stacy ~ JBgreendawn
Keyword: DEC12VSNN
Time: 9:00pm EST

This is a kind of round about idea. Because, that is how my brain works. I had an "Idea" for warm and cozy for the mini last month. And I used it, and then I was totally blank for an idea for the Main event. So, I was sitting here shivering under a blanket because, it was bitterly cold here at the time and I was wishing I had some Bailey's Irish Cream to pour in the coffee I was sipping. ( which tends to make me warm and cozy before it makes me fall asleep lol ) So, this challenge has some random photos I have seen on the web ( none of these were shot by me) for your inspiration to create something and I have expanded the idea from the Bailey's to include Celtic things also. What ever suits your fancy. let us know which of the photos you chose to be inspired to create by. and have fun. The card sample I used here was done as an color combo off the baileys bottle.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC12VSNN , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos

NEW : We have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95983035779218365_kDQ7FZ87_c.jpg (66.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 270356783850894985_LIlIhJ7J_c.jpg (118.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 270356783852121903_PJrNPEfw_c.jpg (19.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 270356783852121876_z6XXpnbp_c.jpg (129.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg VSNME JBgreendawn.jpg (92.0 KB, 8 views)

My Blog
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Title: Have a Cookie/Shaped Card
Hostess: KelliJo
Keyword: DEC12VSNI
Time: 4:00 pm EST

What is the perfect Warm and Cozy SMELL in your house when it's cold outside? COOKIES of course!!!! :mrgreen:

My challenge for you for this round is to create a Cookie card.. Make a project with cookies on it, a project about cookies, cookies in a jar, or how about a project SHAPED like a Cookie?? There are TONS of possibilities with this one and I'm excited to see where your creativity takes you on this journey in the "kitchen" :mrgreen:
My little cookie has a Sweet Filling!!!! ;) lol

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC12VSNI , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen. Thanks for playing along!!!

Here is my inspiration for you!!!

Attachment 263716

Attachment 263715
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cookie inside.jpg (177.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Cookie Card.jpg (35.0 KB, 2 views)
Watercolor Wizard

Title: Snuggle up In Something Soft
Hostess: Val (greywolf)
Keyword: DEC12VSNE
Day/Date: Friday, Dec. 14, 2012
Time: 9:00pm EST

What is more comfy and cozy than snuggling up in something soft and warm – like a blanket, afghan, throw or fuzzy robe.

My challenge to you is to make a card into something soft by using a paper napkin to create faux felt a/k/a faux suede. Find out how in the tutorial here. I don't have a lot of success with plastic wrap. But omitting the cardstock and cling wrap, and ironing the napkin onto the shiny side of freezer wrap works quite well. You still need the pressing papers to protect your ironing board and iron. The most important step is separating the top layer of the napkin and discarding the two white layers. You can cut out a piece of the napkin or iron the whole napkin onto freezer paper, then cut out the area(s) you want to use on your card(s).

I have also used the sticky side of a 3.5" x 4" shipping label to stabilize the napkin, then glued the non-sticky side to my card. This is a little tricky as you have to be very careful to lay the napkin on the sticky side of the label so it is smooth without tearing it. But is does work for small pieces.

I found a fantastic vintage napkin and got enough pieces to attach to 8 cards! I'm attaching two samples from that napkin as well as one sample using a Christmas napkin.

Option 2. No paper napkin, cling wrap, or freezer paper? Okay, you can use actual felt or fabric instead.

Option 3. As a last-resort option, you could make a card using faux suede as described in Post No. 1 of the TLC241 thread here .

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday December 17th .
3. We have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC12VSNE when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Napkin Garden.jpg (69.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Napkin dance.jpg (51.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Naomi 86 87.JPG (74.5 KB, 6 views)

VSN Coordinator
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Exclamation Master Challenge Thread

All the challenges will be right here.
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Title: Comfort Food
Hostess: Lydia ~ Understandblue
Keyword: DEC12VSNL
Time: 7:00pm EST

Welcome to a DELICIOUS challenge! Do you smell cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg? Pumpkin pie or apple cider? Turkey and dressing? If so, you're in the right spot.

My challenge to you today is to make a card inspired by your favorite winter comfort food or drink. I have so many winter foods I love - I love pumpkin and all winter squashes, hot cider and peppermint mochas.

But the one that really fills me with the joy of the holiday spirit is an adorable little icon of the Christmas season - a gingerbread man. My grandfather used to take us to a bakery in Maryland that made the cutest little gingerbread peeps that I could not resist using one for my sample.

So what makes your heart sing when you pop it in the oven? Show me your comfort food!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC12VSNL , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos

NEW : We have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery

VSN Coordinator
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Title: Flannel & Cocoa
Hostess: Lee - LuvLee
Keyword: DEC12VSND
Time: 10:00 pm EST

I can't help but think of snuggly, warm flannel pj's and hot cocoa for a cold winter night's enjoyment!!! So my challenge is 2 fold......use plaid somewhere in your creation and also the color of cocoa. Any shade of brown will work! ;) So you could use an image of a cutie in plaid jammies and color it up, or some plaid ribbon, or some actual flannel.....lots of fun ways to interpret it!!!

I used plaid ribbon and gingham dp to cozy up this cute winter penguin....one of my fave GKD sets!!! I do love my penguins!!!! And glitter.....oh come now...you all just KNEW I'd have glitter on a winter-themed card!!!! LOL I used Pure Luxury Warm Cocoa for my card base. Now let me see what you've got!!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE:
DEC12VSND

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC12VSND when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Thanks so much to the amazing Sabrina, Dina and Patty for the fabulous samples below!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DEC12VSNOc22_by_Cook22.jpg (74.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2775c_by_dini.jpg (31.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg vsn1212plbe_by_pattyb.jpg (46.8 KB, 7 views)
Polyshrink Goddess

Title: Nordic Sweater
Hostess:SinCityGal (Lisa)
Keyword: DEC12VSNO (that's an O not a ZERO be very careful, please)
Day/Date: Saturday, Dec. 15th
Time: 10:00 PM EST

Brrrr.....Winter weather is here. Time to snuggle up in your favorite sweater. Or, if you're in the Southern Hemisphere - Stash is away. ;) But, you know those really fun Nordic sweaters with the reindeer, snowflakes, and super cool designs that you really never want, but kind of always sort of, admire out of the corner of your eye? Well, guess what my Inspiration Challenge is to YOU, my dear crafty friends?!! Oh yes....

My challenge is: NORDIC SWEATERS!!!

And, lucky for you, it's a photo inspiration challenge. Heh, heh, hehhhh...

Attachment 263916

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

:!:We have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC12VSNO , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attachment 263919
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mulberribush-nordic-sweater.jpg (98.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg NordicReindeersDECVSNO.jpg (41.1 KB, 3 views)
Duchess of CBCs

Title: Kids n Felt
Hostess:newstampinaddict (Alison and Sarah)
Keyword: DEC12VSNKIDS
Time: 12:00 pm EST

When I asked my 5 year old daughter what she thought about when I said comfy and cozy, she immediately said 'FELT'! So easy peasy kids challenge for young and old. Use felt in some way on your card.

You don't have to be a kid to play, just a kid at heart..

Thanks for playing!!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: DEC12VSNKIDS

The link for my daughter's sample is: VSN - Felted by newstampinaddict - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC12VSNJ when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. We have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.

Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Title: Cards on Fire
Hostess: Cat, aka catdidit
Keyword: DEC12VSNF
Day/Date: Saturday, Dec. 15th
Time: 1PM EST

When I heard the theme for VSN, Comfy and Cozy...I immediately think of a fire...cracking and popping and the wonderful smell and warmth it gives! We love sitting around an open fire here at my house...although, I dream of having one of those fire pits!

Attachment 263965

And then I got to thinking of the book/movie, Hunger Games, and they called her 'Girl on Fire'...sooo that is where the title of my challenge came from!

My challenge to you is to use an image of fire, OR the color RED on your card, with red being the dominate color! Pretty easy! Here is my sample for this challenge, I used a fireplace image!

Attachment 263966

Thanks for playing along with us in the VSN challenges! Can't wait to see everybodies creations!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: Cards On Fire Gallery

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC12VSNF when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challege keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fire2.jpg (42.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg cardonfireplace2.jpg (76.4 KB, 7 views)

Senior Design Team member for Gina K Designs
Behind the Scenes Crew at StampTV.com

TITLE: Traditional Christmas
HOSTESS: Tammie (aka Tammie E)
KEYWORD: DEC12VSNG
DAY/DATE: Saturday, Dec 15th
TIME: 2:00pm EST

Christmas is a time for tradition. There's nothing more "comfy & cozy" than snuggling under my favorite blanket and watching old Christmas movies. In fact, it's one of my favorite traditions. Year after year, I never seem to get enough...even if I've seen the same one 20 times! LOL!

Here is a photo for your inspiration. To me, it is the epitome of those old Christmas movies. You can interpret it any way you like...I can't wait to see what you come up with!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE: DEC12VSNG

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

We have a special gallery set up for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, scroll to the very bottom of the list or just hit the END key to go straight there; upload to that gallery.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword DEC12VSNG when uploading your image (copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos).

Thanks so much to Sabrina, Alison and Dina for the awesome samples...and a special thanks to Lee for all your help and encouragement!

<fieldset class="fieldset" style="margin-bottom: 6px; font-size: 11px;"><legend style="color: rgb(109, 109, 109); font-family: tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Attached Thumbnails</legend>[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/263936d1355545931t-ho-ho-ho-wm-jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/263937d1355545972t-dec12vsngc22_by_cook22-png[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/263938d1355546353t-vsn_photo_by_newstampinaddict-jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/263940d1355546383t-img_2777c_by_dini-jpg[/IMG]
</fieldset>
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Title : Pinecones and Evergreens
Hostess : Sabrina (Cook22)
Keyword : DEC12VSNH
Day/Date : Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012
Time : 03:00pm EST

Comfy and cosy! How much more comfy and cosy can you get than with a real log fire (or peat, if you live where that's an option as it is here). Coal is all very well but it doesn't have that wonderful smoky smell :grin:. When I was growing up we had a big pine tree in the garden, and we loved to gather up the cones every year and burn them on the fire throughout the winter. It always fascinated me to watch them start to open up in the heat, and then glow red, and I loved the tinkly sound they made when I hit them with a poker!

An easy challenge - use pinecones and evergreens on your project.
It could make for a quick and easy Christmas card, but I've made a tag, since that's what I need most just now.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Please note ~ we have a special gallery for the Comfy and Cozy VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, DEC12VSNH , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos

Lovely samples courtesy of Dina and Alison to inspire you to create a quick and easy pinecone and evergreen project!

<fieldset class="fieldset" style="margin-bottom: 6px; font-size: 11px;"><legend style="color: rgb(109, 109, 109); font-size: 11px; font-family: tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Attached Thumbnails</legend>[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/263730d1355320549t-dec12vsnhc22-jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/263954d1355580056t-img_2806_by_dini-jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/263955d1355580070t-evergreen_by_newstampinaddict-jpg[/IMG]
</fieldset>