Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree184Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, Ladies!
Granny- I mean Connie - what a great idea! Many of us have been posting here pretty regularly for some time now, so it's a wonderful idea to share some personal info about ourselves. I really enjoyed reading about you and prairiejen.

So let's see...
Well, just a few posts back I told you about my "claim to fame" birth story, lol.
From my SCS name, I guess it is obvious that my name is Sarah.
I am a SAHM and have kids with special needs including one who has serious health issues to the point of not even being able to attend school for the last nearly 2 years. So, I really need to be at home. Paper crafting is not only my "hobby", but sometimes my sanity saver as well, lol. And I love connecting with other SCSers
I have 4 amazing children; 2 boys and 2 girls. Our oldest is married, so I have a wonderful son-in-law, too!
DH and I will celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary this Spring.
I was born and raised in Connecticut, but 12 years ago we moved to Southern California (not too far from where Y&R is taped, lol). As a matter of fact, my hubby often sees Y&R cast members where he works, so it's fun when he gives me "sighting reports"
I hate cold weather and snow, and am thrilled to be living where it is (usually!) warm and sunny. Back in New England, I always "lived for Summer" and spending time at the beach, so I am especially happy that we also now live only a few miles from the ocean.
Our family loves to spend time at Disneyland, which we also live close to. It's nice that both my daughter and son in law work there, too!
I am mostly a card maker but have a goal of becoming more of a scrapbooker, as well. It's one of my New Year's resolutions (again), but I sure hope this *really* will be the year I achieve my goal!
When I have time, I also love to bake.

I'm looking forward to reading more about the rest of you!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

I have been watching Y&R since The Hoff was a young doctor, and Jill was his fingernail painting sister! Back in the mid 70's it was on for 30 minutes!

My Hubby of 26years, and I have 2 girls, Meaghan is finishing up her degree in Nursing, and Kathryn will start college in the fall.

I have worked for a bank for 25 years, and now am a manager in the banking by phone division.

I am a hobby demo with Stampin Up, love to make cards, need to scrapbook...but most of all, enjoy the fellowship and friendship papercrafting has brought to my life.

In 2 weeks, 68 of us are heading to Jamaica to witness my niece get married...to say we are excited is a bit of an understatement.

Every June, my sister and I make 500 jars of our secret recipe "Rhubarb Salsa", 250 jars of jam, and 250 pies, all to sell at a local festival!

Anything else you would like to know...just ask!!! Nice to meet you all, and I look forward to a fun year of witnessing the positive changes that are coming to the Y&R. (The power of positive thinking!)

my gallery
My Blog

Last edited by rebecca wheeler; 01-06-2011 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: add more info
Old 01-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #43
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

OH....I am still Granny. Haven't answered to Connie in years.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #44
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

IF a mod sees this PLEASE do not move us. We are not making it into a Chat Thread just "getting to know" each other for the New Year.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #45
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Rebecca....YUM....Are you allowed to ship any to the states?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for that note to the Mods, Granny!
Gee, I have been watching Y & R longer than I realized, lol. Rebecca reminded me that yes, it used to be just a half an hour show! I have not watched quite as long as she has, I don't think. Or maybe I have, lol. Hmmm.... come to think of it I believe I started watching around the late 70's, but not "super faithfully" until around probably 1979-1980. But gosh.... it's been a while!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #47
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

whoops I deleted me trying to make a few inputs....
I live in the snow so keep talking about Southern Cal and the beaches....
Old 01-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to ReindeerTrout

I just noticed that Jack is looking kind of rough. The pretty boy is not aging well. Bummer. I've been a fan of his since the AMC days.

I was watching Y&R when Terry Kiser played Jack. I was watching in the days of Snapper, the Brooks family, and when Kay was married to Philip Chancellor.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #49
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via MSN to princessdi69 Send a message via Yahoo to princessdi69

I missed today's episode because of the Massachusetts Govenor's Inauguration. grrr...
Old 01-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #50

My name is Diana. I live in Southern NH. I don't care for the snow/cold weather but the spring & falls I wouldn't miss for anything.

I am a SAHM of two boys (15 & 12). I have been with my husband for 24 years (married 16 years).

I have been watching Y&R since I was a kid (sat there with mom during the day).

I am a papercrafter. I seem to have lost my mojo for it for a while now but I try to spark the old brain every now & then.

I love to cook and bake. I try to blog about the different recipes I make.. I try not to make the same ones too often. I want to broaden my son's taste buds and try new things.

I am looking forward to May. We are going to Key West for a nephew's wedding. This will be the first real vacation in 5 years, or maybe 6...

That is me in a nut shell. I am a basic plain t-shirt & jeans type of gal...

**Rebecca I would love to hear about the rhubard salsa. When my parents come to visit they stock up on Trappist Strawberry Rhubarb jam, since they can not find it in NC.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessdi69 View Post
I missed today's episode because of the Massachusetts Govenor's Inauguration. grrr...
Uuggh! Don't you HATE that?! I guess I should be glad we only missed about 10 minutes of it the other day for the same reason.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

I just checked out your blog, Diana. Looks like some wonderful recipes there! I will have to go back when I can stay a little longer
Oh- and I see you probably should edit your "about me". You have been married longer than it says. Give credit where credit is due, lol!
And a little advice: just pick up those stamps and ink 'em up! I have found the only real way for me to get my mojo back is to just dive right back in!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #53
Crimping Master

I can not believe I did not know about this thread until now......I have watched Y&R since forever...my grandma watched it and so I grew up watching it...the earliest memories I have of it though (I was around 11 or 12..when i somewhat understood and got wrapped up in it) are when Nick and Sharon where in HS and sharon lived with her mom and was poor and Nikki hated her and did not want Nick to be with her that was the biggest storyline for me at the time...LOL I was a preteen and Nick was so cute in my eyes...so I have grown up with this soap and LOVE IT!! I do get ticked over the stupidness of some storylines but still this soap is far better than the rest....
Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiejen View Post
whoops I deleted me trying to make a few inputs....
I live in the snow so keep talking about Southern Cal and the beaches....
Ha ha! Are you sure you want me to? Most of my friends do NOT want to hear about it, lol!
But they also know that after living through 40 New England Winters (one of which being the year I gave birth in the blizzard!) I have pretty much "paid my dues", lol! I have plenty of friends who love the snow, but I don't happen to be among them. So I feel just as I stated: as if I have "paid my dues"!

Having said all of that, about every 5-7 years we get an "unusually cold and wet" Winter here. And this seems to be one of them! Lots of the people here love it, as it's a change and a chance to wear some "fun" clothes: sweaters, boots, even jackets and coats. As a matter of fact we can see snow here on the mountains (I just posted about this, including pictures on my blog a few days ago).

But today isn't too bad. It's fairly sunny and the high will be about 70* or so.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberfite View Post
I can not believe I did not know about this thread until now......I have watched Y&R since forever...my grandma watched it and so I grew up watching it...the earliest memories I have of it though (I was around 11 or 12..when i somewhat understood and got wrapped up in it) are when Nick and Sharon where in HS and sharon lived with her mom and was poor and Nikki hated her and did not want Nick to be with her that was the biggest storyline for me at the time...LOL I was a preteen and Nick was so cute in my eyes...so I have grown up with this soap and LOVE IT!! I do get ticked over the stupidness of some storylines but still this soap is far better than the rest....
Welcome to the thread! Glad you found us!

Yep.... I loved Nick and Sharon back then!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReindeerTrout View Post
I just noticed that Jack is looking kind of rough. The pretty boy is not aging well. Bummer. I've been a fan of his since the AMC days.

I was watching Y&R when Terry Kiser played Jack. I was watching in the days of Snapper, the Brooks family, and when Kay was married to Philip Chancellor.
So what, lol! We love (and love to hate) Jack!!! :_)

Yes, I well remember him as Cliff Warner on All My Children. Cliff and Nina! What a great soap couple!
And I absolutely LOVED Terry Lester as Jack!!!
Even though Peter Bergman was great on AMC, I never thought I could "see" him as Jack.
WRONG! This guy is a great actor and has played the part superbly!
So, while he may not be "aging well", it doesn't make a bit of difference to me

I think I started watching right before Victor and Nicky met. I do remember Snapper, though. And yes, Katherine and Philip were married then.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #57
Pearl-ExPert

Default OMG....what a show it was today! No kidding....

Just when you think oh no, same old boring story lines...along comes a shocker like none other, and one no one has predicted here! I have whited out...so don't quote, and don't read if you don't want to know! There is alot here...and I mean ALOT! Exciting, new and terrific twists!

Love all the bios, and getting to know you fellow Y&Rers!

For the rhubarb jam, we use the recipe right off the certo/pectin package. The salsa is based on a tomato chili sauce recipe, and we substituted rhubarb for the tomatoes, add a bunch of secret ingredients, and crank out a delicious salsa! Lots of work, but they payoff is good!!

I too had my doubts about Peter Bregman...but I love him, age spots, wrinkles and all! Right now he is going toe to toe with old Vic....he is really calling him out, and pointing out all the times Vic has disappeared, no flight plan, and how they all are a huge coincidence with Skye and Adam...now to find the proof!!
Will Jack go to Hawaii to try and find proof that Skye was there, and does he actually have old Vic feeling a bit threatened?

Nick has the still photos from the elevator...
he knows there was conversation between his Dad and Skye...Love Nick...and he is getting better as he gets older! Confronts old Vic with the pics from the elevator! WOW, does this turn old Vic into a major cranky pants...he is furious! To top things off....Nick gives the pics to Jack...he may change his mind and go to Hawaii...even though he told Phylis he was dropping it.

Ronan, Heather and Nina enjoy a coffee at the coffee house....
He is now on the waiting list for a transplant for a liver. Who will be the donor....any bets on that one??? His real Dad died of the same disease when they were both the same age....so Heather is trying to get him to tell Nina so she could be a living donor...Ronan makes Heather promise not to tell Nina...but she doesn't listen!

Billy meets with Rafe to
arrange an adoption. Which leads to the question....who is the creepy couple who has the baby, and how will they get together???

OMG....you will never guess who has the baby now....didn't see this coming....Primrose Deville....the niece of Rose Deville...that evil monster who stole Ronan from Nina so many years ago.....this is going to cause so much turmoil in the future....and is proof that these stories really are getting better!!!

Billy meets a shady character in the coffee house, who wants up front money to "make a connection"...

Daniel wakes up!

I know...huge news, i promise not to recap this much everyday....but today was just so HUGE I had to do it....remember, not to quote....

my gallery
My Blog
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG is right, Rebecca!
THANK YOU so much for this! I always love a good spoiler, and this one was AWESOME!!!
OH! I can not wait until tomorrow!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #59
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Rebecca....THANKS!

Diana....I LOVE Key West. I want to go back with DH. It was a port of call on our last Dianey Cruise and just not enough time to do everything I wanted to do.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #60

Whoa, I watched it today and your spoiler explained something to me that I didn't know re: the lady with the red hair. Forgot all about that.
A few Y&R thoughts.... Jack certainly did not look great today. Phylis's dress and cleavage is a distracting dress unless she is still in her New Year's Eve dress? If Victor were your dad/husband and lied the way he did wouldn't you just want to slap him? Finally is Skye really dead? I missed the volcano scene.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Whoa, I watched it today and your spoiler explained something to me that I didn't know re: the lady with the red hair. Forgot all about that.
A few Y&R thoughts.... Jack certainly did not look great today. Phylis's dress and cleavage is a distracting dress unless she is still in her New Year's Eve dress? If Victor were your dad/husband and lied the way he did wouldn't you just want to slap him? Finally is Skye really dead? I missed the volcano scene.
Haha! Is anyone ever really dead on the soaps???
No, but seriously- I am wondering the same thing, too. I mean could Skye possibly have slipped and landed on a platform/ ledge type area? Heck- I have never climbed a mountain let alone gone on a volcano adventure, lol. Anyone know if this would be a possibility in reality? Not that that would matter, lol!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #62
Pearl-ExPert

I wonder if Skye is really dead or not....she did let go of sharon's hand....but it never showed the body! That story will likely take awhile to play out....depending on what Jack turns up in Hawaii!!!!

Everyone has a different opinion...but I think Jack is still hot! He was a bit ruffled today...but after his run in with old vic, and standing by Phylis's side....I can live with that!!! HeeHee!

my gallery
My Blog
Old 01-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #63
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't always post in this thread but I read it and of course keep up with Y&R. I agree with whoever said that Tucker and Ashley don't have a lot of chemistry..they tried to put her together with Neil before this and they had even less chemistry. I'm not sure about Diane and Nick...it just seems kind of creepy that the 2 of them are together, she being both Jack and Victor's ex..And my mind was definitely jumping ahead when Colin was holding his "grandson"...I can see that story line playing out.
FYI-My name is Polly. I'm a cardmaker....love to read, love music and going to concerts, love the theater and have season tickets to 2 companies here in the Twin Cities...I volunteer at an elementary school with their "book club" reading with K-3...also send cards to OWH.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #64
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps321 View Post
I don't always post in this thread but I read it and of course keep up with Y&R. I agree with whoever said that Tucker and Ashley don't have a lot of chemistry..they tried to put her together with Neil before this and they had even less chemistry. I'm not sure about Diane and Nick...it just seems kind of creepy that the 2 of them are together, she being both Jack and Victor's ex..And my mind was definitely jumping ahead when Colin was holding his "grandson"...I can see that story line playing out.
FYI-My name is Polly. I'm a cardmaker....love to read, love music and going to concerts, love the theater and have season tickets to 2 companies here in the Twin Cities...I volunteer at an elementary school with their "book club" reading with K-3...also send cards to OWH.

Hi Polly, thanks for joining in...the more the merrier! That Colin is up to no good....poor Jill...looks like she will be unlucky at love once again!!!

my gallery
My Blog
Old 01-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #65
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca wheeler View Post
I wonder if Skye is really dead or not....she did let go of sharon's hand....but it never showed the body! That story will likely take awhile to play out....depending on what Jack turns up in Hawaii!!!!

Everyone has a different opinion...but I think Jack is still hot! He was a bit ruffled today...but after his run in with old vic, and standing by Phylis's side....I can live with that!!! HeeHee!
I like Jack alot too. THere is something about him...

Bonnie
Old 01-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #66
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampnf1n View Post
I like Jack alot too. THere is something about him...

Bonnie
Yeah, I've always said while I think Nick is the hottest guy on the show, Jack is probably the character I'd most want to end up with.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #67

Hi Polly from my favorite American city....
I love Jack but he did look rather ragged today. He's my fav as well as Michael.
Nick is waaaay too young for me... Out of all of them come and gone I'd have to say Cole was the guy I thought was the hottest guy on the show.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #68
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynamom View Post
Yeah, I've always said while I think Nick is the hottest guy on the show, Jack is probably the character I'd most want to end up with.
He has gotten a lot "softer" over the years. He used to be a guy you "loved to hate". He and Victor...OMG! And he was a jerk to women, too. But then after Luan, I think it was- remember her? And their son Kimo? If memory serves.... since then he has been more about family. Oh- and remember when he and Nicky had a baby and the baby died? That was so awful. But they donated his organs and once the mother brought the little boy (recipient of the heart, I think it was) to Genoa City to meet him. It was beyond touching. One thing this actor can do is tear up well. Not a lot of men are good at that kwim? Anyway, look how he is about Kyle now. Jack can be a real "good" guy. How can you help but love him?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #69

Good Morning Ladies...

Sarah thank you for your comment about my food blog. I really love to try new recipes. I have to get back to posting and I will fix my bio. I would not want to short change myself. We have been together for so long and have worked very hard at keeping our marriage the way it is. I have been playing with the stamps and my cricut lately. So hopefully the mojo will start flowing.

Rebecca, those spoilers sound interesting. Finally the show is moving along. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ie Primrose & mom. As for the Rhubarb I will have to try making it one day.

Granny, as for Key West this will be our second trip there. The first one dh and I went away for a long weekend. It is an interesting town with a lot of history. Loved the seafood there.. I can not wait til May.

As for Y&R, I do not trust Colin. I see something happening to those babies. I hope Jack puts it to old Victor.

I will definitely be watching the show today.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #70
Forum Fanatic

Rose's niece! Holy cow! So I'm sure Billy will buy Daisy's baby, not knowing of course... How long before everyone finds out who the baby is
The story on Janna... sorry.... shades of Nick.....
I was thinking that Skye had dropped into a volcano.... silly me!!!
Looking like Chance is going to have to come back somehow
Old 01-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #71
Stazon Splitcoast

About the volcano... I seem to remember the volcano being "fiery," is that correct? Hikes to a fiery volcano would not happen. Kilauea has a fire pit, but you can't get close to the volcano itself.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #72
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Isn't that character Bridget from As The World Turns?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #73
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I am OVER Jana.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReindeerTrout View Post
About the volcano... I seem to remember the volcano being "fiery," is that correct? Hikes to a fiery volcano would not happen. Kilauea has a fire pit, but you can't get close to the volcano itself.
I like the fact that the tour guide took them at night and told them to "stay on the path or else..." they also had to wear gloves because the rocks were sharp and hot. (unlike the storyline)
Old 01-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen, you crack me up!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #76
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Never mind. I read wrong.

Last edited by Granny Hawkins; 01-07-2011 at 12:14 PM..
Old 01-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #77
Pearl-ExPert

Well Ladies...this was a fun week! I slept through most of today's show....and the snippets I saw were not too exciting!

good news for Daniel, not such good news for Adam....or Sharon.

The best part was the preview of the next show....with all the Jack bashing this week....all I am saying....WAIT TILL YOU SEE HIM ARRIVE IN HAWAII!! Radical dude....that's it!

Have a wonderful weekend....and see you next week...here on the Y&R
!

my gallery
My Blog
Old 01-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca wheeler View Post
Well Ladies...this was a fun week! I slept through most of today's show....and the snippets I saw were not too exciting!

good news for Daniel, not such good news for Adam....or Sharon.

The best part was the preview of the next show....with all the Jack bashing this week....all I am saying....WAIT TILL YOU SEE HIM ARRIVE IN HAWAII!! Radical dude....that's it!

Have a wonderful weekend....and see you next week...here on the Y&R
!
Oh Rebecca! You are going to leave all of us "Jack Fans" in suspense like that?!
Lol, sounds like Monday will be another fun day! Can hardly wait!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #79

He looked great in Hawaii.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
He looked great in Hawaii.
Gee... I am thinking I should join him. Maybe I would look younger, too!

I can hardly wait for Monday's episode. I am SO glad the show getting better again!
Do you all think "Primrose" will be anywhere near as awful as her Aunt was? Maybe they will bring someone new into this storyline (like a young mother). I mean now she isn't all that "bad" because it only involves an abandoned baby. But even though it was many years ago I can still remember how horrible Nina's experience was and how much we hated Rose!!!