Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
Forum Fanatic

Talking Survivor -- Caramoan (will contain spoilers)

Is everyone ready? I absolutely hate returning players so I am not super happy but I'll watch. I don't want to ruin my perfect record. I've found that even if we like a player in their original season, they turn into jerks when they're on again. I think I will be annoyed by nasty Philip the most.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

I haven't seen all the seasons so won't know all the returning players but I am wondering if I can stand another season of Cochran!

It's on here tomorrow night, I didn't realise we were going to be that close to the US. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

Can`t wait....what a motley crew of returnees! Phillip was not a favourite of mine, nor is Russell`s nephew...but it should be interesting.

my gallery
My Blog
Old 02-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
Forum Fanatic

I agree about Cochran. I didn't like him either. And I don't know whose "favorites" these people are because most of them certainly don't seem like favorites of the people that have posted on threads throughout the different seasons. Maybe they just mean they're the producers' favorites.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Stampin' Fool

Francesca was the first one voted out on her original tribe! How in the world does she qualify as a "favorite". Most people probably don't even remember her. There are a couple a don't remember.
And ALREADY with the pink underwear!!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Mad Swapper

Pink underwear already? I am a faithful watcher, but am already tired of pink underwear man! Tonight sent home was a hmmmm moment. Don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:29 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Spoiler Alert. Don't read if you haven't watched yet!

I am not sure if I can stand 5 more minutes of watching that idiot in his pink underwear. He makes the show almost unwatchable. I cannot understand for the life of me how he wasn't voted off. Seems like a no brainer.

I think the "Favorites" were stunned they lost the first immunity challenge. This shows they returned some questionable contestants.

I felt bad for Francesca. She seems like a decent person and she certainly contributed in both challenges. Her mistake was that she should have tried to fly under the radar and let the others choose whom should be voted off rather than leading the charge.

Next week looks interesting as it appears Brandon is changing his strategy and going "full on Russell".

As for the Fans...Eddie the "I Love Myself" fireman may have been at the cool kids table in high school but he sure as heck wasn't at the smart kids table as he apparently failed Math. There are 4 of them and double that number of the "uncool" kids. Not a bright strategy. Hey Eddie...women may like a man in uniform but you know what they like even more? A man with money. And you won't be the one with a million dollars. The two pair that appear to be hooking up are making a big mistake and have already antagonized the others. Shemar is a force of nature and Max is pretty cool.
I think the guy with the glasses and hat (can't rememer his name) may end up being a really shrewd strategist.

I do like some of the returning faves and some of the fans...so I'll keep watching despite Phillip the Idiot.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Stampin' Fool

Again, it baffles me that Francesca was picked as a "Favorite" (and I use that term LOOSELY for this cast!!) since she was VOTED OFF FIRST! She obviously has not experience or she wouldn't have been so aggressive in going after somebody. She should have just sat back and said "whoever you want, I'm good! But someone else make the decision!" She deserved to go first for that stupidity.

I will say I liked Phillip talking about his BR (Boston Rob) Rules. He paid attention! But dear God man, put on some shorts!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycrossley View Post
Again, it baffles me that Francesca was picked as a "Favorite" (and I use that term LOOSELY for this cast!!) since she was VOTED OFF FIRST! She obviously has not experience or she wouldn't have been so aggressive in going after somebody. She should have just sat back and said "whoever you want, I'm good! But someone else make the decision!" She deserved to go first for that stupidity.

I will say I liked Phillip talking about his BR (Boston Rob) Rules. He paid attention! But dear God man, put on some shorts!!!
It really is a bit odd they selected someone who was not very memorable and voted off first as a favorite.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
YLM
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree Phillip and Francesca must go! I do like Cochran! But I must ask who they polled to say Dawn, Phillip. Francesca ,Cochran,Brandon were favorites! I love STUPID but sweet ERICK! and I love my long haired cutie Malcolm! I'd like to see him and Ozzie go head to head.
QFTD127
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #11
Stampin' Fool

These alleged "favorites" didn't seem to learn much from their own seasons. Dawn needs to toughen up. She made it pretty close to the end in her own season, she should have a little bit thicker skin. The crying and "he's so mean" is ridiculous! This is Survivor, of COURSE people are mean, did you not spend most of your original season crying? Get over it!! This shouldn't be a shock to you at this point.

I was glad one of the "pretty people" got voted out. That was good strategy.
I don't think Shamar is a very good representative for the Marines!

I absolutely LOVE when Jeff calls people out. When the girl said she had noticed it looked like someone had an idol in their pocket but didn't want to say the name, Jeff was all, "You looked right at Reynold!" Jeff is so good at stirring the pot at tribal. I wonder how much info he is told ahead of time so he kinda knows what's going on.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #12
Forum Fanatic

It seems ironic. Dawn didn't think it mean to vote out Francesca (first again-poor girl) and Brandon thought it was mean for them to. Him saying that to Dawn makes him mean? I agree-Dawn is being a big baby. Brandon is definitely unhinged, and it looks like he gets worse, but at that moment I didn't think he was being SO mean that she had to go off and cry on the beach.

Shemar (sp??) is a complete and utter jerk, but they need him to get rid of the pretties. Once they (or most of them) are gone then they need to get rid of Shemar, but I could see them keeping him as a non-vote at final tribal. Only thing is, that has backfired before.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
It seems ironic. Dawn didn't think it mean to vote out Francesca (first again-poor girl) and Brandon thought it was mean for them to. Him saying that to Dawn makes him mean? I agree-Dawn is being a big baby. Brandon is definitely unhinged, and it looks like he gets worse, but at that moment I didn't think he was being SO mean that she had to go off and cry on the beach.

Shemar (sp??) is a complete and utter jerk, but they need him to get rid of the pretties. Once they (or most of them) are gone then they need to get rid of Shemar, but I could see them keeping him as a non-vote at final tribal. Only thing is, that has backfired before.

I agree. I like Dawn but she needs to turn off the water works. Voting off one of the pretties was the way to go or the rest would be picked off before the merge. The pretties may be pretty but they aren't too bright. Wonder if they will rethink their strategy?

Shemar is an a**hole but physically he is a beast. They need him for the challenges. They can get rid of him later if he doesn't start to be more of a team player.

I really like Michael and Matt at this point.

Phillip gets more annoying each week (if that is possible). One can only hope they get rid of him.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
Forum Fanatic

With Brandon's meltdown I wonder if many people noticed this little error. lol

Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
Forum Fanatic

Tonight's tribal was interesting. I think Malcolm's instincts were right but he probably got a lot of that feeling before they decided to switch. I'm just glad that he has his idol still, and that Reynold is still there. Speaking of which, it is bugging the ever loving crud out of me when people called Reynold (no S) "Reynolds". Petty, right? Also Dawn is getting on my last nerve. Worse than Phillip, even.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Tonight's tribal was interesting. I think Malcolm's instincts were right but he probably got a lot of that feeling before they decided to switch. I'm just glad that he has his idol still, and that Reynold is still there. Speaking of which, it is bugging the ever loving crud out of me when people called Reynold (no S) "Reynolds". Petty, right? Also Dawn is . Worse than Phillip, even.

Me too! Although I can still barely stomach Phillip and can't wait until he goes! Gotta give the guy credit though..he played Malcolm pretty well and flushed out an idol.

I really liked Dawn but she is being a little beyotch. Pretty sure Malcolm has figured her out and she might be in a bit of hot water.

Andrea grates on my last nerve as well. Is Eddie really that dumb?

I am so sorry that Michael is gone. I really liked him! Michael and Matt may have been my favorites. Malcolm was starting to get on my nerves as well but now I'm rooting for him. The biggest surprise of all...I actually like Cochran!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
Forum Fanatic

Michael and Matt were my favorites too.

Quote:
Is Eddie really that dumb?
He does appear so to me. Even after the first couple of episodes I told dh he was the perfect example of a "mimbo" (remember that from Seindfeld?).

Andrea was acting pretty cocky but she sure fell apart when her name came up at camp. I was actually a little surprised.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Michael and Matt were my favorites too.

He does appear so to me. Even after the first couple of episodes I told dh he was the perfect example of a "mimbo" (remember that from Seindfeld?).

Andrea was acting pretty cocky but she sure fell apart when her name came up at camp. I was actually a little surprised.
I sure do and it describes Eddie perfectly!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

contains spoiler!

Great episode last night!! I was about to quit watching altogether as it looked like Eddie was gone and Malcolm and Reynold would go next. I really had little interest in watching the Stealth Band of Super Spies (or whatever it is they fancy themselves) being lead around by that idiot Phillip

It just got very interesting! I really thought Malcolm planted the idol he had previously found and made a show of "finding" it. I was floored when he actually had 2!

It was great seeing the Stealth Suckers scramble. I loved that Eric voted for Phillip as he has been waiting to rid himself of Phillip for a long time. I see Andrea joining forces with the guys since her allies threw her name right out there.

I loved Cochran's glee over Malcolm's play. Despite the fact he knew this could be a huge turnaround that could send him packing he absolutely loved that it was a great move and that Survivor is after all...a game. I love the fact that although might lose he could show respect and credit his opponents.

I can now watch in peace....god riddance pink underwear man!!!

Last edited by MadgeRPh; 04-18-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
Forum Fanatic

Our dang power went out during the show. ugh. I have the recorder and the directv box on a UPS but never thought to put the antenna booster on one, and since it was raining like made, dtv was out so we were using the antenna. So now I have to find it online somewhere.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Our dang power went out during the show. ugh. I have the recorder and the directv box on a UPS but never thought to put the antenna booster on one, and since it was raining like made, dtv was out so we were using the antenna. So now I have to find it online somewhere.

Don't miss it! It's a doozy!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
Forum Fanatic

*raining like mad. I can't spell, cleerly.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
Stampin' Fool

Unbelievably awesome episode! Loved it!
Old 04-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #24
Die Cut Diva

Best tribal ever! MadgeRPh, never occurred to me that Malcolm planted his original idol. That in itself would have been a brilliant move. I also loved Cochran's reaction. SO glad our deluded secret agent is gone and can't wait to see everyone scramble next week. In the words of Cochran, this is why I freakin' love Survivor.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

MadgeRPh and rebecca wheeler like this post.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #25
Pearl-ExPert

Oh well, it lasted a week for the three boys. I hope Malcolm was able to tell the others the clue he got!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #26
Forum Fanatic

I'm so sick of Cochran. I wish he would go soon but I have a feeling he'll be there until the end. And so many people think he's so funny that he'll probably be fan favorite. Gag.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #27
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
I'm so sick of Cochran. I wish he would go soon but I have a feeling he'll be there until the end. And so many people think he's so funny that he'll probably be fan favorite. Gag.

REALLY???? I love Cochran........I would love him to win but I know he hasn't the physical strength to win........but he is fantastic
Old 04-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #28
Forum Fanatic

I didn't like him last time he was on either. He's become so arrogant and he tries to always be funny and he's not really funny IMO. I don't know who in survivor-dom decided these people were favorites. I think Malcolm was the only one I even mildly liked on his season.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
Insane Embellisher

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT............
I saw some teaser for a show, talking about Survivor, and it made it look like the final two were Cochran and Dawn!!!! How could CBS let them show that this early??? I wonder if it's true? I remember what show it was for, but there they were standing together. Think it will pan out that way????
Old 04-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #30
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT............
I saw some teaser for a show, talking about Survivor, and it made it look like the final two were Cochran and Dawn!!!! How could CBS let them show that this early??? I wonder if it's true? I remember what show it was for, but there they were standing together. Think it will pan out that way????
I hope not! I don't like Dawn, she is very annoying and cries waayy too much! And the way she reacted about her missing teeth/retainer was ridiculous! I like Cochran though. I do happen to think he is very witty. I don't think he is arrogant at all. I really don't care who wins. Just happy it won't be Phillip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycrossley View Post
I hope not! I don't like Dawn, she is very annoying and cries waayy too much! And the way she reacted about her missing teeth/retainer was ridiculous! I like Cochran though. I do happen to think he is very witty. I don't think he is arrogant at all. I really don't care who wins. Just happy it won't be Phillip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I saw the promo, I was shocked, they were not the two I would have expected, especially after Dawn's meltdown. I agree, I'm just glad Phillip's gone, and, sad that my stronger guys will probably not be moving on.

I like Reynold, there's something about him, and it's not his looks, that make him a likable guy. Guess it's cause he's been the underdog for most of the show, and he keeps managing to hang in there!!! It's like someone's watching out for him!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #32
Forum Fanatic

I read that... **spoiler below***

2 will be voted off this week.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #33
Forum Fanatic

sorry-double post

Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #34
Pearl-ExPert

I love when someone gets blindsided while holding an idol!! Haha
rebecca wheeler likes this post.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #35
Stampin' Fool

That was pretty good!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #36
Pearl-ExPert

Poor Brenda was totally blindsided. I felt bad for her after she gave up family time & food for the others. I liked her this season. Not sure who I want to win on Sunday but I don't think it's Dawn. Or Sheri. It would be damn funny if Eddie won!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
Pearl-ExPert

I feel bad for her too. That was a really crappy thing to do.
I would hate Dawn to win this and I am hoping that Eddie gives it everything he's got and gets to the final .... surely he would get the majority of the jury votes.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #38
Stampin' Fool

Brenda was the cause of her own demise. First of all, she was instrumental in plotting against Andrea. And she has been KILLER in challenges. It was DUMB to give up her reward. It never gives people the dividends they think it will--just makes you look like a sucker. And she should have NEVER let Dawn win that challenge. Brenda could have easily beat her. Brenda was absolutely na´ve.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #39
Forum Fanatic

I agree that she was naive. Dawn is a backstabbing witch. Brenda was there for her every time she was falling apart. When she lost her teeth in the water, Brenda talked her off the ledge and found the teeth. When she thought Brandon was being mean to her (he wasn't, imo) Brenda was there for her. Every time Dawn lost it, which was often, there was one common denominator. Brenda. Add this to the fact that they were in an alliance together. I don't blame Brenda for being hurt. It sounds like everyone at Ponderosa hates Dawn so I can't imagine her winning but stranger things have happened.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #40
Stazon Splitcoast

Missed last night's episode. Sorry to see Brenda voted off but not surprised as she was a real threat to win it all. I would hate to see Dawn win but I can't imagine she will as she has made too many enemies and I suspect she'll get an earful if she's in the final three.

It really would be funny if Eddie won and if he gets to the final 3 it could very well happen. I would like to see Erik win but I'd be ok if it was Cochran simply due to the fact that he has had played the game well. Cochran certainly played a better game than last time when he blew it by not following the plan with Ozzie. Not only that, Cochran was completely wowed, and said so, by Malcolm's double idol move. All I know is I don't want that waste Sherri.