Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Robin McGraw facelift?

Ok, reading the forum about Katie Couric got me wondering-I have watched Dr. Phil for quite sometime and right before Robin's book came out, I noticed her face looked different. It looks like she got botox or a facelift and a lip injection.....has anyone else noticed? Her face used to look sooooo natually pretty, and now it looks like she went hollywood on us. Your thoughts?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

I always thought she looked like she had work done.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva

I think she has had some work done, too!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

I have always thought that her facew looked a little tight, too. There is something funky about her eyes, too. For some reson she reminds me of Skeletor thru the eyes. Her lips have been injected with something, too.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubrieB
I have always thought that her facew looked a little tight, too. There is something funky about her eyes, too. For some reson she reminds me of Skeletor thru the eyes. Her lips have been injected with something, too.
About a year ago, I didn't think anything looked out of place....now days, her eyes are all sucked back-gonna be slits soon, and her lips are bigger-it just isn't becoming on her. I thought I was the only one who noticed
Old 02-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
Stampin' Fool

She has had something done!!! My family was watching tonight and we commented that it looks like it is physically impossible for her to stop smiling. The sides of her mouth would not go down.

It reminded me of the movie "Christmas with the Kranks" when Tim Allen gets the Botox and can't eat because he can't move his mouth.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:24 AM   #7
Matboard Maniac

Yep, definately had at least lip injections.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." -Ronald Reagan

http://cherylfarlow.stampinup.net
Old 02-15-2007, 06:12 AM   #8
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Carol Haney

It's fun to watch! Don't these people look in the mirror every day? Let that stuff wear off and get real!

Have you noticed Marcia Cross from Desperate Housewives can move her face since she got pregnant? It doesn't look like someone took an iron to her forehead anymore. I hope she doesn't go back to that!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #9
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Haney
It's fun to watch! Don't these people look in the mirror every day? Let that stuff wear off and get real!

Have you noticed Marcia Cross from Desperate Housewives can move her face since she got pregnant? It doesn't look like someone took an iron to her forehead anymore. I hope she doesn't go back to that!
I don't watch Des. Housewives, but it's amazing how many hollywood peeps look "hollywood!"
Old 02-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
Die Cut Diva

Robin is such a stunning woman. I have not seen her since I saw the show a couple of weeks ago. Is this a recent thing? I think she is very young looking for her age. I hope she did not ruin it!!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #11
Kookie Creator

I thought for sure she *Robin McGraw* stated that she didn't have any facelifting surgeries done. And never would....hmmm does that mean botox injections too???

hard to notice..I'm busy counting my own wrinkles and trying Peparation H. LOL

~Sabrina
Old 02-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #12
Hardware Hotshot

Location: Canadian prairie girl, lost in all the wind and snow!
Send a message via MSN to prairie mom Send a message via Yahoo to prairie mom

I have always thought that her eyes looked funny. But, I haven't noticed anything recently. I do agree that it seems she can't stop smiling.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:28 AM   #13
Die Cut Diva

Maybe being married to Dr. Phil is what makes her smile all the time?
Old 02-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by housefan

***gag***
Old 02-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to Sairabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanKreative!
I thought for sure she *Robin McGraw* stated that she didn't have any facelifting surgeries done. And never would....hmmm does that mean botox injections too???

hard to notice..I'm busy counting my own wrinkles and trying Peparation H. LOL

~Sabrina
She did say that on their Christmas give away show... in fact, they gave away the skin care line that she uses every day (can't remember what it was now). I am a big fan of both McGraws - watch the show every day... I haven't seen a difference(??).
Old 02-18-2007, 06:40 AM   #16
Hot Wheels

Send a message via MSN to janelill

I think she looked very differently when she had her teeth done. I noticed it right away, and it kinda changed her entire face. dr.Phil has had his teeth done too, and the look to big for his mouth. I do not like the look of "fake" teeth at all!
Cards made in 2010:60
I'm going to PORCHA!!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:23 AM   #17
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelill
I think she looked very differently when she had her teeth done. I noticed it right away, and it kinda changed her entire face. dr.Phil has had his teeth done too, and the look to big for his mouth. I do not like the look of "fake" teeth at all!
HA! I noticed his teeth too!!!!! Boy, they are REALLLY REALLLYYYYYY white now too. I didn't notice on Robin. I know her face looks so different.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:12 AM   #18
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Carol Haney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairabee
She did say that on their Christmas give away show... in fact, they gave away the skin care line that she uses every day (can't remember what it was now). I am a big fan of both McGraws - watch the show every day... I haven't seen a difference(??).
Did that skin care line say Crazy Glue anywhere on the label?!?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Haney
Did that skin care line say Crazy Glue anywhere on the label?!?
Umm, no.

Seriously girls, what's the big fascination here? Doesn't our obsession ("our" meaning the general public) with celebrities remind you all a bit of high school? Who's doing what to look better, who's dating who, etc. etc. etc.

Robin has stated publicly that she has not had anything done. I don't know her personally, but I respect her character enough to believe what she is saying.

If you take care of yourself inside and out, you will look good regardless of your age. I have friends around her age who have the same skin as she does - no lines, no wrinkles, etc. and I can guarantee you those friends have not had any work done - not even an injection! They just took great care of their skin all of their lives and are now rewarded by mother nature with the benefits of it.

Ok, putting away my soapbox now!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #20
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
YUCK>>>>>

I can't stand that man...he went Hollywood for sure!!! When he was on Oprah once a month I really liked him,but getting his own show...man is he annoying!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #21
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Umm, no.

Seriously girls, what's the big fascination here? Doesn't our obsession ("our" meaning the general public) with celebrities remind you all a bit of high school? Who's doing what to look better, who's dating who, etc. etc. etc.

Robin has stated publicly that she has not had anything done. I don't know her personally, but I respect her character enough to believe what she is saying.

If you take care of yourself inside and out, you will look good regardless of your age. I have friends around her age who have the same skin as she does - no lines, no wrinkles, etc. and I can guarantee you those friends have not had any work done - not even an injection! They just took great care of their skin all of their lives and are now rewarded by mother nature with the benefits of it.

Ok, putting away my soapbox now!
I have looked at her website and there is one pic in particular that looks like the Robin first on the show, all the rest have an updated, NO WRINKLE look. I am sorry, but in all of my life have I never seen a woman over 50 not have 1 single wrinkle....never. If you have friends that don't, that's great. They should sell their secret and become millionaires. I think the fascination comes when people who are genuinely pretty go all 'hollywood' on us and end up not looking like themselves. That's what drives the public talking and thus this thread. I don't know of but a handful of actress/models/tv personalities that openly admit to work they've had done. I think Robin would look better if she aged naturally-now she looks artificial.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #22
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
YUCK>>>>>

I can't stand that man...he went Hollywood for sure!!! When he was on Oprah once a month I really liked him,but getting his own show...man is he annoying!!!
I've become increasingly more disappointed with the show. When it first started it seemed like he dealt with "real" issues. Now he's gone totally Jerry Springer. I mean, Man Camp? C'mon!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Old 02-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #23
Glitter Guru

I have to wonder why so many people talk smack about people who get cosmetic surgery. If someone is getting surgery to make them feel better about themselves - well then dont you (general you) feel bad for talking about them? Do you (general you again) realize you are being mean? Show some love.... And Why is everyone so willing to jump to the conclusion that someone had cosmetic surgery, injections in their lips, botox etc.... I just think it is a little mean. Whether or not they did - it is just not nice to say mean things. And yes - you are right Sarah - it does remind me of highschool - and also that movie - what was it called? Mean girls? OK - I will step off my soap box and let the flaming begin.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #24
Pearl-ExPert

I guess for my response I'd have to say.....most people just enjoying making fun of other people!!!! I guess I'm just mean spirited..can't speak for anyone else,but me.....I do enjoy going to the mall & having a glass or two of wine & then sitting there laughing at people!!!! Have you seen these people!!!!!????? i'm sorry...just funny...but I do live in the south!!!!!

2nd of all...why can't you just learn to live with what God gave ya!!!!And take care of it...if you are that self-conscience.The saying goes...The first half of your life is what God gave you...the second half is what you've earned...I have been mean spirited all my life so I have ALOT of frown lines....I cherish each & everyone of them!!! I earned them...no botox for me!!!I have rolls on my stomach...but my colon isn't punchured like the woman on the news tonite....my boobs aren't all that big...but my nipples are on straight and I don't have to worry about them busting in the middle of the night or when my husband plays with them!! My lips are an OK size and they don't look like a bee just stung me 12 times!!!My *** is awesome and I don't have CHEEK emplants!!! If you have ever seen Joan Rivers or Michael Jackson or some of these other people..I can't believe you can say...what is wrong with this!!!! Just trying to hang on to that Fountain of Youth...they look ridiculous!!!! But...hey I'm just a mean girl...always have been...always will be!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #25
Pearl-ExPert

meant to say...at least my colon isn't punctured from LIPOSUCTION!!!!!! Thats what was on the news tonite!!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNaomi
I have looked at her website and there is one pic in particular that looks like the Robin first on the show, all the rest have an updated, NO WRINKLE look. I am sorry, but in all of my life have I never seen a woman over 50 not have 1 single wrinkle....never. If you have friends that don't, that's great. They should sell their secret and become millionaires. I think the fascination comes when people who are genuinely pretty go all 'hollywood' on us and end up not looking like themselves. That's what drives the public talking and thus this thread. I don't know of but a handful of actress/models/tv personalities that openly admit to work they've had done. I think Robin would look better if she aged naturally-now she looks artificial.
This made me smile, because the gal I was thinking of actually does "sell her secret"... it's called Arbonne (www.arbonne.com) and she in fact is on her way to becoming a millionaire with the company earning six figures each year already!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:07 AM   #27
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
I guess for my response I'd have to say.....most people just enjoying making fun of other people!!!! I guess I'm just mean spirited..can't speak for anyone else,but me.....I do enjoy going to the mall & having a glass or two of wine & then sitting there laughing at people!!!! Have you seen these people!!!!!????? i'm sorry...just funny...but I do live in the south!!!!!

2nd of all...why can't you just learn to live with what God gave ya!!!!And take care of it...if you are that self-conscience.The saying goes...The first half of your life is what God gave you...the second half is what you've earned...I have been mean spirited all my life so I have ALOT of frown lines....I cherish each & everyone of them!!! I earned them...no botox for me!!!I have rolls on my stomach...but my colon isn't punchured like the woman on the news tonite....my boobs aren't all that big...but my nipples are on straight and I don't have to worry about them busting in the middle of the night or when my husband plays with them!! My lips are an OK size and they don't look like a bee just stung me 12 times!!!My *** is awesome and I don't have CHEEK emplants!!! If you have ever seen Joan Rivers or Michael Jackson or some of these other people..I can't believe you can say...what is wrong with this!!!! Just trying to hang on to that Fountain of Youth...they look ridiculous!!!! But...hey I'm just a mean girl...always have been...always will be!!!
yep - thats pretty mean spirited....
Old 02-25-2007, 08:05 AM   #28
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDSDinks1993
I have to wonder why so many people talk smack about people who get cosmetic surgery. If someone is getting surgery to make them feel better about themselves - well then dont you (general you) feel bad for talking about them? Do you (general you again) realize you are being mean? Show some love.... And Why is everyone so willing to jump to the conclusion that someone had cosmetic surgery, injections in their lips, botox etc.... I just think it is a little mean. Whether or not they did - it is just not nice to say mean things. And yes - you are right Sarah - it does remind me of highschool - and also that movie - what was it called? Mean girls? OK - I will step off my soap box and let the flaming begin.
No one is talking smack about Robin McGraw-I think she was so naturally pretty before she had anything done. You don't go from looking like a normal person to looking like your skin is stretched so tight it's going to burst without people noticing. If people think it's mean, that's fine....they shouldn't have their faces plastered everywhere for the public to see almost overnight changes. If you & Sara feel this thread is resorting to high school, you don't have to subscribe to it As I said before, I think Robin was so pretty before she went hollywood on everyone. There are so many people who look up to those on tv and it sets a bad example to say that once you're on tv, you can't be yourself, you need to get those teeth fixed, you need to get your hair colored, get your lips injected, get the wrinkles gone, oh and lose a few pounds.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #29
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Sairabee-this is a thread you started:
"What do you think of Fergie? I've to say I'm kind of on the fence. I wasn't really sure if I liked the BEP, and I'm still not sure I like her on her own... The London Bridges song is growing on me, but I don't know that I buy that whole kinda trampy hard-***** rapper chick image from her. Especially now that I know she was Stacy Ferguson on Kids Incorporated! It just doesn't match in my head! lol! What are your thoughts? Love her? Hate her? Could care less?"

Calling someone a 'trampy hard-***** rapper chick' is WAY more HS than saying Robin McGraw looks different. Before you start on telling other people they are behaving like high school, you need to take a look at your own posts first. You can't throw stones if you're in a glass house.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:39 AM   #30
Glitter Guru

Quote:
"What do you think of Fergie? I've to say I'm kind of on the fence. I wasn't really sure if I liked the BEP, and I'm still not sure I like her on her own... The London Bridges song is growing on me, but I don't know that I buy that whole kinda trampy hard-***** rapper chick image from her. Especially now that I know she was Stacy Ferguson on Kids Incorporated! It just doesn't match in my head! lol! What are your thoughts? Love her? Hate her? Could care less?"

Calling someone a 'trampy hard-***** rapper chick' is WAY more HS than saying Robin McGraw looks different. Before you start on telling other people they are behaving like high school, you need to take a look at your own posts first. You can't throw stones if you're in a glass house.
Sarahs post was not making fun of a physical appearance. She was talking about the "image" this person (who I have no clue who she is) is trying to portray- not making fun of a physical attribute. I just hate for people to make fun of people because they are - lets see - fat, skinny, buckteethed, cleft pallete, flat chested, they have a speech impetiment, or anything like that. These are things that can not be controlled. Can you HONESTLY say that it would not bother you if someone made fun of your weight (have no idea if you are thin, average or heavy - so this is just an example) or the size of your breast (once again - have no clue)? Our society (mainly the women) are just so judgemental of each other. Then, after someone is in the limelight and they have to hear peoples comments on their flaws.... if they get cosmetic surgery to correct it or make it look what society feels it should - then they get talked about again. So you are darned if you do and darned if you dont. Do you have children? Do you allow them to make fun of "different" kids at school? Did you, as a child, make fun of other kids in school. Well, I was one of those kids that always tried to come to the defense of the kid that was getting teased. Have always hated it when people made fun of other people's physical or mental limitations or defects.
As for your "not talking smack" comment. No - every one is not talking smack. But are just making comments that are not mean - and thats not what I am talking about. I am talking about comments about her eyes -looking funny, looking "funky", being "sucked back" etc. comments. Those, I feel are mean. That is my oppinion - and I am aloud to state my oppinion - just like people are allowed to be mean
Old 02-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

A.) I believe you misread the post. I believe Fergie is trying to portray the image of a "trampy hard-***** rapper chick"... and that I don't buy it. She is too wholesome to pull it off.

B.) Technically speaking, wouldn't I have to be having cosmetic surgery or a trampy rap chick myself to be in a "glass house" in this instance? Neither could be farther from the truth.

C.) Even if you disagree with A, LDS is correct... (see above post)!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

One more thought...

Are you familiar with Fergie and her music? She was a cute little blonde girl on a kids tv show, then a member of a rock group and now is branching out as a solo artist with a sort of semi-rap style about her. The song I was referring to in that post (London Bridges) has the following lyrics:

All my girls get down on the floor,
Back to back, drop it down real low.
Iím such a lady, but Iím dancing like a ho,
ĎCause you know
I donít give a f***, so here we go!

And Iím like get up out my face, (oh sh**)
'fore I turn around and spray your ***** with mace. (oh sh**)
My lips make you wanna have a taste. (oh sh**)
You got that?

This just doesn't meld with the "girl next door" image that I remember growing up. I really don't think that saying I don't buy this new image she is trying to portray is the least bit "high school".

Robin McGraw, on the other hand, has publicly stated in the not to distant past that she has not had any cosmetic procedures done, yet that is not good enough. She still gets the criticism, etc. That, to me, is unnecessary and rude. I don't care if she's a public figure or not.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #33
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
One more thought...

Are you familiar with Fergie and her music? She was a cute little blonde girl on a kids tv show, then a member of a rock group and now is branching out as a solo artist with a sort of semi-rap style about her. The song I was referring to in that post (London Bridges) has the following lyrics:

All my girls get down on the floor,
Back to back, drop it down real low.
Iím such a lady, but Iím dancing like a ho,
ĎCause you know
I donít give a f***, so here we go!

And Iím like get up out my face, (oh sh**)
'fore I turn around and spray your ***** with mace. (oh sh**)
My lips make you wanna have a taste. (oh sh**)
You got that?

This just doesn't meld with the "girl next door" image that I remember growing up. I really don't think that saying I don't buy this new image she is trying to portray is the least bit "high school".

Robin McGraw, on the other hand, has publicly stated in the not to distant past that she has not had any cosmetic procedures done, yet that is not good enough. She still gets the criticism, etc. That, to me, is unnecessary and rude. I don't care if she's a public figure or not.
IF you don't think people should get criticism or think comments are rude or unnecessary, perhaps you should take a hard look at some of your posts. That is what I was implying about living in a glass house, not that you've had cosmetic surgeries.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #34
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
HA! I noticed his teeth too!!!!! Boy, they are REALLLY REALLLYYYYYY white now too. I didn't notice on Robin. I know her face looks so different.
I would be too afraid of surgery. Every time I have any sort of procedure I am the one that gets the 1 in 100 complication. But, that being said, I think the ultra white celebrity teeth thing is gorgeous. I think it takes about 10 years off anyone doing it. I recently had mine bonded. My dentist noticed some teensy cracks and told me that on that basis my insurance would pay for bonding. I went for it! I had what people tell me are really nice teeth to begin with (Osmond, big teeth and lots of them look) but between the bonding and the whitening, people are asking me if I am having an affair or had cosmetic surgery
Old 02-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #35
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
I would be too afraid of surgery. Every time I have any sort of procedure I am the one that gets the 1 in 100 complication. But, that being said, I think the ultra white celebrity teeth thing is gorgeous. I think it takes about 10 years off anyone doing it. I recently had mine bonded. My dentist noticed some teensy cracks and told me that on that basis my insurance would pay for bonding. I went for it! I had what people tell me are really nice teeth to begin with (Osmond, big teeth and lots of them look) but between the bonding and the whitening, people are asking me if I am having an affair or had cosmetic surgery
I think that's great! I really think that bonding/teeth whitening don't change who you look like, it enhances you. Now if you had said you had a facelift that took off 25 years, that's a different story. I don't have a problem w/people doing small things to enhance their features, but to change yourself to where you don't look natural drives me bonkers. To me, those in hollywood need to put their foot down and not change who they really are with all of their new found money
Old 02-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
IF you don't think people should get criticism or think comments are rude or unnecessary, perhaps you should take a hard look at some of your posts. That is what I was implying about living in a glass house, not that you've had cosmetic surgeries.
Opinion noted. I don't believe I have ever been unnecessarily rude in my postings, but I also haven't the time to filter back through all 7000+ of them with a fine tooth comb.

My best to you. At this point I believe the best option would be for us to agree to disagree.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:39 AM   #37
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Opinion noted. I don't believe I have ever been unnecessarily rude in my postings, but I also haven't the time to filter back through all 7000+ of them with a fine tooth comb.

My best to you. At this point I believe the best option would be for us to agree to disagree.
I do not think you are rude in your posts - not that I have time to filter back through them either - but I have seen and read enough of your posts to know that although I do not always agree with you, I have never found any of your posts to be mean.
And again, make remarks about someones choice (i.e. CHOOSING to try to portray a trashy image, sing songs with disgusting lyirics, etc) is one thing. Making fun of someone whose body is not perfect - is NOT the same thing.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:24 AM   #38
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDSDinks1993
I do not think you are rude in your posts - not that I have time to filter back through them either - but I have seen and read enough of your posts to know that although I do not always agree with you, I have never found any of your posts to be mean.
And again, make remarks about someones choice (i.e. CHOOSING to try to portray a trashy image, sing songs with disgusting lyirics, etc) is one thing. Making fun of someone whose body is not perfect - is NOT the same thing.
Actually, I thought Robin's body was great before-now she doesn't look the same and she doesn't look real. Dr. Phil is the one that's always telling peeps to get real with themselves. You don't have to agree with me, but my position stands. I think she's had work done and it isn't becoming on her-she was naturally pretty before she went hollywood on us.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:50 AM   #39
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Actually, I thought Robin's body was great before-now she doesn't look the same and she doesn't look real. Dr. Phil is the one that's always telling peeps to get real with themselves. You don't have to agree with me, but my position stands. I think she's had work done and it isn't becoming on her-she was naturally pretty before she went hollywood on us.
Yeah - I guess I am just over sensitive to the whole making jokes at people thing. I know none of you meant any harm - guess I have just been having a bad week