Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Forum Fanatic

Talking Project Runway Teams (will contain spoilers)

Starts tonight! Welcome back Tim Gunn!! So long, Michael Kors. I can't believe it, but I'll miss you. Hello Zac Posen. I don't know who you are, but we'll see how you are as a judge. lol

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

There is a guy from Fort Worth, Tx on the show. That is all I know.

I can't believe all the challanges will be teams. Sounds interesting.
I need to make sure my DVR is set

I am ready for some Tim Gunn for sure.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

i am sooo glad you posted Gale!

i cant wait to see how this season goes.....i too will miss Michael!! not sure how i like the new guy, too soon to say!

it is going to be very interesting how this new "team" theme plays out, i forsee alot of catfights, lol...........

Heidi looks GREAT this seaon! could it be new love ??? She looked so happy and fresh and young last nite......you go Girlie!!

Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
Forum Fanatic

I wonder if they'll stay on the same teams from week to week. For some reason I envisioned it as permanent smaller teams at first, but while watching it I thought they would change each week. Now I'm not sure, after seeing some of the upcoming scenes.

I agree with who went home. That thing was a hot mess.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally watched last night.

I like the team concept of making them work together to advance. This could get very interesting toward mid season, as one of them said - you may not be the worst but if your team was then you could go home.

And totally agree with who went home. Seriously, was she on another planet? Her team told her to get the underdress done and then work on the jacket so what did she do? It honestly makes me wonder how the girl ever did anything to get chosen for the show.

And just how good and how quickly did that suit go together for Daniel. That was exactly the right concept. Get the basics of your idea together. I don't think Emily had a clue on how to organize/plan her construction. If you want to focus on a coat then make a quick shift dress to cover your model and then play with your coat idea. Her portfolio is coat heavy which makes it even more mind boggling that she couldn't pull it together.

Felt Cindy got lost in the idea and somewhere along the line forgot that if picnic table checkerboard worked as a belt band, she probably wouldn't be the first to try it. I think if she doesn't own up to her design - so in love until the judges didn't like and then claimed it wasn't her? Um what?! Well who was it? Emily?! Thing is, if those were her portfolio pieces I can understand why she was chosen. Why didn't we see more of that?!

I hope Patricia stays for a while - she and Daniel seem to have the most interesting pieces for me so far.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
Forum Fanatic

I wonder if Emily just couldn't handle the pressure and the time constraint. The things she showed for the auditions were probably sewn over a period of a hella long time. lol. I think when someone says 12 hours or whatever, you think you can do it until you try it.

TBH other than the checkered belt, Tim told Cindy that the fabric was pretty and he suggested the long length specifically to show off more of it so I don't know if I totally blame Cindy for that. I've seen quite a few instances where what he suggested was opposite of what the judges liked.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I wonder if Emily just couldn't handle the pressure and the time constraint. The things she showed for the auditions were probably sewn over a period of a hella long time. lol. I think when someone says 12 hours or whatever, you think you can do it until you try it.

TBH other than the checkered belt, Tim told Cindy that the fabric was pretty and he suggested the long length specifically to show off more of it so I don't know if I totally blame Cindy for that. I've seen quite a few instances where what he suggested was opposite of what the judges liked.
Kinda funny to overlook the time constraint portion. But I think she was better off out. She really seemed like she was going to wilt the further they went.

I know it is a different set of judges (and Emily's outfit was a hot mess) - but how funny that it was brilliant that Uli tied the back of her dresses.

Oh yeah. Tom and the rest of her team thought that fabric was pretty. TBH I side with the judges on it but I'm not a big pattern person.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad she is gone! That was one bad mess - and the skirt wouldn't have been done if not for the help from Cindy (?) .

Team "Dream" needs to wake up and work together better.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally watched it the other day. Went to post today and couldn't remember who went they were that memorable. Again some hot messes on the runway. Not sure what I think about Benjamin.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
Forum Fanatic

oh totally forgot to post about this week. I can't believe they thought that kilt was a good idea. They don't seem to understand that the majority of straight men, which is probably who works at these clubs, do not want to walk around in a kilt. Especially in a club. Ditto for the capri pants. WTH.

The guy that went was the one that made the boring white tank last week with the weird folding thing going on one side. He was not a team player at all (for both weeks so far) so I don't think he would have lasted long anyway.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
oh totally forgot to post about this week. I can't believe they thought that kilt was a good idea. They don't seem to understand that the majority of straight men, which is probably who works at these clubs, do not want to walk around in a kilt. Especially in a club. Ditto for the capri pants. WTH.

The guy that went was the one that made the boring white tank last week with the weird folding thing going on one side. He was not a team player at all (for both weeks so far) so I don't think he would have lasted long anyway.
Exactly. I thought the outfits that nailed it (hmm is that appropriate) were brilliant. But most completely missed the mark. I think what saved the older lady (Cindy?) is that her blazer was well constructed. There is potential there and she wasn't the only one that missed the mark that this was a commission not a free for all.

Also, I'm surprized that they didn't see the need to bulk buy the material with just a few focus fabrics to show a uniform-ness to their ideas - especially the group with Patricia who knows how to make a pattern.

I guess it is living in Britain for so long. My non-scottish neighbor used to wear a black kilt on weekends (he wore it for his wedding first). He was a big, brutish, looked like a Rugby player sort of guy. Doubt he would have gotten grief at a club. But yeah, it takes a guy with a lot of confidence and attitude to wear a kilt in that situation.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know why that guy said he thought of the idea for the kilt. It was that girl, and then the whole team and even Tim said it was a good idea. I think he should have spoken up about it.

I also thought the short black dress was too short and did not go with the game room at all.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

I think Benjamin is blimming lucky to still be there. He talks a good talk and glad that he got called out by the male panelist (Zac?). I think if he doesn't bring it this week he is out on his ear. And just how the heck do you make a model look droopy chested??? - that takes a talent that I really don't want to see!

I'm not surprized Cindy went. To me she is raw. She has talent but has been conceptually restricted by her middle America life. She didn't make the mental leap to catwalk/fashion. She has the talent but it is up to her whether she does hometown boutique wear or takes it up a notch.

I think it is obvious that Patricia is unique and talented. She may not win in the end but her work is amazing and I think she has the "it" factor a bit like Vivienne Westwood.

Unless Daniel just self destructs I think he could win it. He understands the woman's body. I think it is somewhat unfortunate for the show (and the other team) that both he and Patricia have ended up on the same team.

Interesting - I didn't realize that NY fashion week is now - so did all the current competitors show?!?!?! Yikes! On the 'Project' runway: Klum, Kors, anti-Grammy style Not really a spoiler though there is one model shown walking the runway.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #14
Forum Fanatic

Usually all of the designers that are still competing when fashion week rolls around will show a collection so as not to spoil the ending. So I always have to roll my eyes when they are down to the last few and some are whining about how if they don't get to show at fashion week they'll just die, etc etc.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, I was just surprised it would be so many showing. There are still 13 designers in the show. That is somewhat ridiculous. And yeah the feigning I will be devastated if I don't get to fashion week is beyond silly. Everyone knows the game now - would be better to acknowledge it IMHO.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so tired of Benjamin!

So long Cindy!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast

Benjamin strikes me as a chancer. Reminds me of that other weirdo a couple of seasons ago they got who allegedly had done all this marvelous work in London and you just got the feeling he was their pet/plaything.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
Crimping Master

This team thing is strange in a way. What happens when the "bad" team has 2 people and the "good"one still has 7??? Hope is waning and their work shows it. Are they going to equalize the teams or will it go back to every man for himself?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:10 AM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

I am wondering the same thing. From the previews for next week, the "Dream Team" looses again....... I think.... LOL
Old 02-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, when they started it I kept thinking they might re-jig the teams every so often. Also is it "fair" if one team has 2 and the other 7 and there are 5 looks to make? Will the team with 2 get sewing help? more time?

Also I would like Daniel and Patricia pulled out of (are they dream team) and see how the team would do. I think it is unfortunate that they ended up on the same team from the perspective of the show.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
Stampin' Fool

Daniel is on Team Keeping it Real. Not sure yet which one is Patricia?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

I think Patricia is the Native American - also on the Keeping team.

The judges went on and on about her dress and how great it was. Then they chose Daniel's to be the press dress instead. I really think they should have choosen Patricia's.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
I am wondering the same thing. From the previews for next week, the "Dream Team" looses again....... I think.... LOL
Please tell me Benjamin goes - I even looked up his portfolio and wasn't impressed at all. Still think he is a chancer.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Weird - my 1st reply went on walkabout. Yes Keeping It Real were the boat people at the beginning of the show. Should have remembered that.

I think both Daniel and Patricia seem to have talent on an artistic level. Way above the rest of the field so far.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

What do you mean the 'boat people"?

I think they are the best, but I like that girl on their team - with the long dark hair. She was paired with the winner this week - she was the winner last week.

It looks like next week, they have to use flowers, or food ....

I wonder what their models think of the outfits they have to wear.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

The ones on the boat were "keeping it real" as they gulped champagne.

The ones on the rooftop were in a "dream".

Patricia was definitely on the boat because she did a Native American prayer.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #27
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh right - now I remember.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast

LOVED the challenge and glad of whom went home.

I wonder what is going on next week? hmmmm. It was an interesting ending.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

I think the right designer went home this week.

I'm getting really frustrated with Benjamin - he didn't give Stanley any credit for coming up with the concept. I know it could be editting. Indeed he seems to jump on what the judges say and put himself up on the side of the judges.

I was rather surprised at Michelle's dislike of Patricia. Jealousy?

I LOVED Stanley's and Layana's dresses.

Must have been a bit interesting to be Amanda after her team pushed her in front of the bus.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #30
Forum Fanatic

After what Michelle said about Patricia during the first chooses, I had to laugh when she ended up having to go to her team.

I thought Layana should have won. That thing was freakin' adorable.

About Amanda-she did say to the judges that she didn't think it was all that dramatic and that she "conquered the moss" so I don't know why Zach Posen said she didn't stand up for herself at all.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

Amanda did say that.

I liked her concept - so much better than the "large sweater" dress.

I was torn about who should have won. Stanley was way up there for me.

I was afraid of Benjamin's loom, but then, he really did a great job.

yes, Layana should be in the top 3 in the end.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Stanley and Layana really wowwed me this week. I think I had been getting distracted by the disasters.

And yes I thought Layana should have won though was glad Samantha did after she stood up about her design to Patricia. I understood Patricia being anxious about it because I didn't expect the dress that came down the runway in the end.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 02-15-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #33
Stazon Splitcoast

I am tired of Patricia's wide eyed looks.

I don't have a problem with who went home last Thursday.

Was torn on the winner though, as I liked Amanda's dress as well.

Loved seeing Miranda Lambert!

Previews of next week - OMG! I can't stand Joan Rivers!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #34
Stazon Splitcoast

Project Runway - Rate the Runway Pictures Season 11, Episode 5 - myLifetime.com

I liked Amanda's too.

Construction wise I thought Benjamin's dress was very pretty but really didn't understand the beading over one boob it looked like her necklace got caught.

Daniel didn't listen to the constructive criticism and it just floors me that he could make leather look cheap. It didn't need that finish. And oy vey on the matching plunge and split. Tatas or legs not both, guess he didn't get that memo.

I liked Kate's but thought on Miranda it would look uniboob.

Liked the neckline on Layana's, not the belt.

Matthew's was hoochie short and too "business". The fabric didn't really work with the design.

Michelle - um I think the comment about the necklace looking like linguini was right. It was awful. I guess I'm an 80's kid because I didn't think the rest of her look was that bad but that they just jumped on it because of the necklace.

Patricia's - curtains. Tara called and wants them back.

Richard - he rocked this and got it all right. Can't believe he did because I really thought he would be going home by now.

Samantha - looked like a pre-teen gig goer trying to look older. Didn't work.

Stanley - I liked the dress but... I found the belt really weird and think Miranda would have looked HUGE in that skirt with all that pleating at the waist.

Tu - functional but not for this client IMO. Would have uniboobed her and too short for the stage.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast

well, well well....

I think Amanda should have gone home and not Benjamin. I would have liked to seen TU go, but this was his first time in the bottom ( I think)

I can't wait to see what they come up with using all that duck tape next week!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm happy with Benjamin going. Why anyone would put shiny fabric on a mature woman whose body isn't perfect (and some of those women were rocking it) is beyond me. That same dress in a knit or crepe may have been stunning. Amanda won't be long though.

I hated Richard's dress more than Patricia's. Her lady looked like a walking box however it was finished. The waistband on the front of his dress looked like it had been tucked into her Depends underwear.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #37
Forum Fanatic

Yeah, that weird casing was not good on Richard's dress. i guess I was a little surprised how much the judges liked it.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #38
Stampin' Fool

I was surprised two people were eliminated.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:41 AM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

I am watching it now. duck tape!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #40
Stazon Splitcoast

well, I thought the winning team might have come in 2nd place to the 3rd place?

From what the judges said, Patricia and Samanatha almost won, so they came in 2nd.

I liked - well dang - the girl/guy team - whom I can't think of - I thought they would win.

I did think Melissa and Amanda's was pretty cool as well.

Did anyone else think it weird that the high schoolers left the winning team and was just oooooo over the loosing team? We on ly know the HS winners pick, and not how they came in line - which I would have liked to know the HS loosing look.