Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #41
Forum Fanatic

They may have been oooo-ing over other looks but there is always creative editing.

I also would have liked to know the order of the HS picks.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm betting the HS losing look is the one the went home. Not enough skin/too bridal (can you say that about denim duct tape?). Seriously who looks at duct tape and thinks - OH lets go uber formal, that's what they are looking for! Duct tape dress' date definitely is wearing converse. Both losing looks had no "fun" in them. Both used one color. Duct tape wants to sell the colors/fun for this challenge as prom season is just around the corner.

I honestly wonder if Stanley and Layana's read that well at the HS? I liked it but I think the fun use of the color/pattern carried it. The dress pattern itself is very old school. Looking back at prom photos from the last couple of years I don't know anyone that would have worn it. I do know some gals that wore dresses more like Kate and Tu's AND Richard and Daniel's. Guess they aren't fashion forward. Don't tell these girls though!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #43
Forum Fanatic

I thought Patricia's and Samantha's dress was beyond hideous. I think the HS people punked them. Those judges should not have been judging HS prom dresses. Most of them didn't even go to prom and Nina was way off with her comments. They should have had a couple of HS girls as guest judges to set them straight.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

I wonder if it was one of those looked better in person things...
Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

I liked Richard and Daniel's gold, before they put the ruffles on it.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #46
Forum Fanatic

Well that was my favorite episode yet. I get why Heidi was excited but I was embarrassed for Nina. Seriously? Uncontrollable giggles?

Every outfit was hideous and I don't blame them for not picking a winner.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Haven't looked at comments for Thunder, as just now watching... just saying OMG Richard is being a sulky sarah, doesn't get his way so isn't looking out to make the team the best. Needs to get over himself that it is a group effort and big up his influence.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Awful. awful. awful. What was good is that I was really surprised at some of the ones who were awful!

I honestly thought, Layana, Stanley, Daniel and Michelle would knock this out of the park. I think if they had had two person teams that it could have been completely different but I understand them wanting to change that up.

Still I think it was a bit of a ask for even someone with experience in tear away clothing to make those outfits in that amount of time. I also didn't like that there was the businesswear restriction - I think that limited their brain function. I wish Richard and Michelle had been heard a little more.

Not surprised Amanda got the ax. Somewhat surprised that Richard didn't get sent with her.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, that was a sad episode! those guys were yummmmmy. LOL

I could listen to them talk all day.

I wish Amanda AND Richard had been sent home. There were 2 good pair of pants and that was it!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Richard was just horrible when they didn't want to go "Show Girls". Seriously, you are the only guy on the team and you wont let your team see how your clothes fit???!?!?!

Would have loved to see him and Michelle on a team because they both wanted to push the envelope on this challenge.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle's was just eye candy

Daniel's dress was something in my closet 20 years ago. I'm fearing he is stuck in the late 80s/early 90s and can't modernize.

Richard was lucky. Though that dress was well made it was blah and the idea is overdone. I did like the sweep of color.

Stanley was blah. I'm surprised he was so pleased with it. I expected something more like Michelle made from him.

Patricia's must have been 2nd. The shirt was absolutely darling.

Layana's was ok but almost too obvious. The print was ok. But at least she dared to use a print.

Samantha's was awful... I would have liked to her to take that idea and make it older instead of trying to tell Lord & Taylor to be junior.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #52
Stampin' Fool

There is no one this season that really impresses me.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

I did like Patricia's top - it was really pretty and went well with the crop pants.

did anyone else see the poor sewing on Daniel's dress? GAG pepto pink!

I think that jacket he started, would have been good in a yellow or green and the shorts yellow or green. Oh well, we will never know.

I can't wait for this week and TEXTILE! I wouldn't even know what to do if I had to make my own.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #54
Matboard Maniac

Tired of them filming Daniel crying.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #55
Forum Fanatic

If Daniel was crying out of frustration for having to rip that apart, I would get it. He was sad for his outfit? Really?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

Think Daniel's biggest issue is that he is designing for the "Southern Boutique Chic" and that just isn't Project Runway nor Lord & Taylor.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #57
Crimping Master

Good-by, Richard. The man was out of his league. I loved Stanley's dress and I think he's the man to beat this year.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Stanley and Michelle knocked it out of the park.

So glad Tim called out Richard and that Richard is gone. Could be editing but I think Tim was right. AND WTH taking a day to play with a bracelet on Project Runway?!?!?! If you don't know what to do start making a structure for your dress.

Thought Layana was lucky not to go last night too. She was a hot mess and they were right about her creation. I don't know if Daniel's dressed saved her so much as they thought about who was the weakest link. Oh and WTH with the Layana break down in the green room? Again could be the editing but I didn't see that much imput in the ready to wear from her. She seems to like to hitch herself to the winning idea and may just be the next one out for it.

Gonna be interesting next week with the past contestants from this season as helpers.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

What was Patricia thinking??? She wasn't very good either. I think there was just too much - and who doesn't want to be able to move their arms???

Next week - she gets Richard back, if I saw the previews correctly.

It looks like Tu is back to help as well.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #60
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm ok with Patricia's as it was meant to be art. She was talking about the material being tribal and I saw the piece as being bound to the tribe sort of thing.

I don't know who is worse Tu or Richard. It always amazes me that there are people on these shows that sew worse than I do. I don't consider myself a bad sewer but just that I wouldn't expect anyone to buy what I have sewn etc...
Old 03-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #61
Forum Fanatic

I think the time limit makes them panic and sew crappy. I know I could do a great job sewing a dress or whatnot (doubt that I could draft a decent pattern though) but if I have a time limit and try to hurry, I flub it all up.

I'm so over Michelle's arm tattoos. What is the point of just solid black dots on your arms? When she's talking that's all I can focus on.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I think the time limit makes them panic and sew crappy. I know I could do a great job sewing a dress or whatnot (doubt that I could draft a decent pattern though) but if I have a time limit and try to hurry, I flub it all up.

I'm so over Michelle's arm tattoos. What is the point of just solid black dots on your arms? When she's talking that's all I can focus on.
LOL! I'm not a tattoo person at all. The other day on TODAY they had some celeb chef and he had tattoos on his hands and I kept looking at them and wondering why someone would tattoo their hands as a high end chef etc...

And I still bet you would sew better on a time limit than some of them. I just don't get the lack of preparation. I would at goodwill buying all sorts fabrics (old clothes) to sew fast, practice techniques, etc. especially as it seems the ultimate winner normally is very good at construction on a time constraint. That IS the common thread through the shows.

BTW do you think anyone fixes the machines between challenges. Sometimes you hear them say certain machines are broken etc.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #63
Swapper of the Month November 2012

If I knew I was going to be on that show, I'd go to NYC before they started filming and familiarize myself with Mood. I'd spend days in that store and take mental pics of the location of fabrics, notions, etc.

And tattoos really bug me...even those beautiful models have ugly tattoos. What a distraction.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by parknslide View Post
If I knew I was going to be on that show, I'd go to NYC before they started filming and familiarize myself with Mood. I'd spend days in that store and take mental pics of the location of fabrics, notions, etc.

And tattoos really bug me...even those beautiful models have ugly tattoos. What a distraction.
I bet some do that - they always focus on the ones running around like their head is cut off though. But yeah, you can do a lot of homework before this show starts. I think Stanley AND Michelle have. I know you can't take sketches in but that doesn't mean you haven't worked on concepts and ideas and trends before you get there. Whether you make it onto PR or not, if you want to be a designer then it is your job to do that. Heck, if I wanted to be on PR I would work my way through each season's challenges to get in the groove. Time myself. Work on techniques. All whilst putting together my book. Yeah, it takes time and money but as I said before, there are cheap ways to make expensive things.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #65
Stampin' Fool

Layana was a bit of a drama queen, "I feel so betrayed!" I thought Daniel handled it pretty well. Why did she think she deserved so much credit for what he made? I thought Heidi nailed it on the head with what she said about her!!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

It occurred to me that Stanley seemed to like Michelle's print very quickly. Do you think he was hoping she would die by the sword too?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

this week they are on their own. No more teams. It looks like they all fail.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #68
Stazon Splitcoast

Wonder what the odds of Richard sabotaging Patricia are? I'm really being silly to even ask aren't I!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #69
Vintage Vixen

Hmmmmm...Interesting end to last night's show. I was sure they would send Patricia packing. Her dress was awful. I know that Michelle's outfit wasn't "editorial," but it was DAMN cool, stylish, and very forward-looking. (IMHO)

I have been thinking for several weeks now that the winner will be either Stanley or Michelle, so I was mortified when she was almost eliminated last night.

Does anyone remember an "extra" challenge last year between the George Michael look-alike and someone else--when the judges couldn't decide whom to send home? Those two designers had to go backstage and in X amount of time rework their outfits? Based on that I think George Michael was eliminated.

I just remembered--his name was Joshua (I think; LOL). I didn't care for him at all.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #70
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
Hmmmmm...Interesting end to last night's show. I was sure they would send Patricia packing. Her dress was awful. I know that Michelle's outfit wasn't "editorial," but it was DAMN cool, stylish, and very forward-looking. (IMHO)

I have been thinking for several weeks now that the winner will be either Stanley or Michelle, so I was mortified when she was almost eliminated last night.

Does anyone remember an "extra" challenge last year between the George Michael look-alike and someone else--when the judges couldn't decide whom to send home? Those two designers had to go backstage and in X amount of time rework their outfits? Based on that I think George Michael was eliminated.

I just remembered--his name was Joshua (I think; LOL). I didn't care for him at all.
Yes it was Joshua and the blonde (Uli?) that they loved but kept tying fabric together and they just thought that was wonderful. She had some pretty dresses but reminded me too much of Anya - just throw a lot of floaty fabric on a skinny model sort of thing.

I only caught a glimpse of the very end on tv last night so hoping to catch up today. Though I thought it was a bit harsh to call her look a "tshirt" look.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 04-05-2013 at 06:03 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #71
Forum Fanatic

She did say herself that it was a tshirt. She called it a "muscle tee" and when she was first sketching she said tshirt and pants. When I heard that I couldn't believe it after Nina's speech. I think Michelle (along with Layana) is one of the biggest beeyotches ever on PR so I would actually not be sad if she was gone. However, I think she will be back.

Is it possible that Richard doesn't know what a French seam is? How can that be?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #72
Stampin' Fool

Patricia sabotaged herself and Richard just sat back watching her. When she knew he couldn't sew a French seam, she should have just changed it. Personally, I think she should go and soon.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #73
Stampin' Fool

BTW, I loved Michelle's look.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

I would love to be able to watch it - travelling and have been trying to watch it online all afternoon! o.O
Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

Found it on the telly! woohoo!

Hate Layana's. Looks like she should be in Ice Capades or on the University of Kentucky's dance team. I can't believe they "love" it.

Don't think Michelle's is any more tshirt and pants than Stanley's, but he had a coat --- of course Tu is now the proud occupant of his own sweat shop...

Daniel's was spectacularly out there...but ummm....

Patricia's was just awful but I could appreciate the whimsy of where she was going with it.

I think the smack on the hand to Michelle is because they want her in final.

Oh and on the button bag thing - anyone else think she should had second choice being on the winning design anyway?

Yup Michelle has a specific point of view but I see the talent. Layana just seems to beeyotch because I really haven't liked her creations. Stanley seemed really "intense" in the workroom. Daniel and Patricia are more anything for a peaceful life. Heck if I were Patricia as soon as I had Richard I would have given him a very basic job. But it must have been nerve racking because I don't know whether to believe he was that incompetent or just plain vindictive. I certainly wouldn't have turned my back on him if he had a sharp object in his hand.

Out of the 5 left I see an actual hear about them in the future for Stanley, Michelle and Patricia for various reasons.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 04-05-2013 at 08:55 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #76
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
She did say herself that it was a tshirt. She called it a "muscle tee" and when she was first sketching she said tshirt and pants. When I heard that I couldn't believe it after Nina's speech. I think Michelle (along with Layana) is one of the biggest beeyotches ever on PR so I would actually not be sad if she was gone. However, I think she will be back.

Is it possible that Richard doesn't know what a French seam is? How can that be?
It didn't look like any of the t-shirts *I* wear. LOL

Layana is a Wendy Whiner. Her voice grates on my nerves.

I haven't minded Michelle so much. Actually, none of the designers really bothers me too much this year, unlike some other seasons where there was a definite "Can't Stand 'Em" designer, like George Michael/Joshua and Poison Ivy. Maybe the team concept has kept them from acting too rotten.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #77
Vintage Vixen

P.S. I didn't know what a French seam was either, but then I'm not a seamstress or designer.

Is Richard self-taught or did he attend design school?

Patricia should have given him a task, and then "OOPS! I've decided not to use it in my design after all."
Old 04-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #78
Forum Fanatic

His website bio says he started sewing in Jr High. He started doing runway shows in 2004 and has a degree in fashion design. His preferred fabric is jersey knit which is a fabric in which french seams are not uncommon. He should know what a french seam is and how to sew it. JMO.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #79
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
His website bio says he started sewing in Jr High. He started doing runway shows in 2004 and has a degree in fashion design. His preferred fabric is jersey knit which is a fabric in which french seams are not uncommon. He should know what a french seam is and how to sew it. JMO.
You'll get no argument from me. lol
Old 04-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

I still haven't watched last weeks epi yet. Who went home?