Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #121
Vintage Vixen

Well, after a while all of these reality shows do start to blend together and become one.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #122
Stampin' Fool

Can't wait to see all the final collections. I'm trying really hard to stay away from that spoiler site
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #123
Vintage Vixen

I thought tonight was the finale. Now I have to wait a whole 'nother week.

I can't believe some of the outfits that were sent down the runway tonight. Apparently they didn't understand that they needed to send down their BEST items, not "save" them for Fashion Week.

Christopher especially--really? Two outfits that consist of short-shorts and a t-shirt (basically). What's fashionable about that? He should have worked harder to fit his models with some of his other outfits, especially the evening gown with the layers of colors. I did like the color and style of his print--the designers on this show haven't shown us much print and that's one of the easiest ways to get a wow factor.

Melissa: needs to incorporate more color into her outfits. But obviously the judges love her because her clothes are "hip." I'm glad they said something to her about the bad wigs. They were a mess.

Dimitry: Border-line costume/avant garde. Some of his pieces were more avant garde than the outfit he made for the avant garde challenge! And too many sheer tops. His clothes are well made, yes, but to me they say, "I'm trying too hard." He'd make a great designer for Frederick's of Hollywood.

Fabio: Oy. For some reasons the judges are really impressed with his work, but I just don't see it. The pieces DO look cheap, the fabric looks like those thin t-shirts you can get for less than $10. The outfits look slouchy; they look like the things you wear around the house when you haven't taken a shower and don't plan to go anywhere. And those shoes with the wonky laces? Give me a break. It looked like Frankenstein tried to tie his own shoes with one arm tied behind his back. Of course, this probably all means that he'll be the final winner. lol

Now a question: Don't they normally throw a last-minute challenge at them during this episode, to make another look to go with their collection? It wouldn't make sense for them to do that next week, since all four have been told that they'll be showing at Fashion Week.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #124
Stazon Splitcoast

Just watched it and you pretty much covered it.

Christopher should have sent the gown. Hopefully that was his little melt down and he will sort himself out.

Melissa had the right idea, a short, trousers and skirt.

Dimitry I love it and hate it... I agree he doesn't know how to edit. Its a runway, send that jacket down without a blouse dude! (of course he would have been slammed for that too!)

Fabio is Anya - they LUV him. I don't. cheap, nasty and sloppy - seriously that's $9,000 worth of materials????!?!?!?!

I can't remember if they normally throw in a last challenge or not...
Old 10-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #125
Stampin' Fool

What I really hated about Fabio's stuff was his "jewelry" and bags--they were made out of plastic canvas!!! YUCK!! When I see that stuff I think cheapo craft not elegant accessory.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #126
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycrossley View Post
What I really hated about Fabio's stuff was his "jewelry" and bags--they were made out of plastic canvas!!! YUCK!! When I see that stuff I think cheapo craft not elegant accessory.
Were they really? I couldn't tell that!

Plastic canvas stuff is so GRANNY. I remember going to craft shows back in the 80s and 90s, and people were selling tissue box holders made with the stuff. LOL

No offense to my friend Granny, or to anyone's grandma...
Old 10-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh man... the funny thing is today I watched this and I was clearing the DVR whilst the family was out and I turned around and watched 2 episodes of Craft Wars.

Plastic Canvas can NEVER be couture unless it is used in the Avant Garde challenge and then it better be part of the construction.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #128
Stazon Splitcoast

Spoilers!!!!!

Not surprized at who won.

Thought it was interesting who commented on who's runway. What you can't get a real person in the industry to like the one show?

I honestly thought the person who came second was going to win but I could have gone with any of the 4. I knew right away when the critiqued 2 of them that they hadn't won.

And now I have to ask, did the website with the pictures alter them to make them more extreme? To me the runways didn't look as extreme in movement.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #129
Forum Fanatic

What the heck was up with that white dress Melissa made?? It was so obvious it was too narrow but she kept insisting it was the shoes and kept making her model try different ones on, even though she told her it was too narrow to walk in.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 10-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #130
Stazon Splitcoast

I know! I thought didn't you try on any of these things? yes the lines were gorgeous but she needs to walk. Maybe it was a Cleopatra dress and servants are meant to carry you around so people can adore you? I don't know that's all I got.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #131
Vintage Vixen

I watched the finale but I gotta tell you, it was kind of anticlimactic for me. Not that I knew who was going to win, but I really didn't care that much! Unlike other seasons where I had a definite favorite, this season's designers just didn't wow me that much, either with their designs or their personalities.

I got a phone call just as they were starting the critique and elimination, so I had to mute the TV and didn't hear all of the comments but I could see who was sent from the runway first, second, etc. I'm not surprised that Christopher was the first to go. I think he kind of imploded at the end.

I thought it was going to come down to between Melissa and Dimitry. But Fabio's designs definitely looked better in the final runway show and I think the judges were enchanted by the color scheme (because people wear so much black in NYC). I still didn't care for the clunky shoes. From the front, they looked like the old-fashioned rollerskates we used to wear back in the 1970s.

I still think Dimitry needs to work on his styling. I couldn't get past the Frida Kahlo eyebrows on all of his models. lol
Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #132
Vintage Vixen

Is anyone going to watch the Project Runway All-Stars? I think it begins next Thursday already.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #133
Forum Fanatic

I knew who was going to win. I made the mistake of looking at Facebook and Tim Gunn, of all people, spoiled it on there.

I will be watching all-stars. How can you not watch Casanova? LOL. Seriously though, Anthony Ryan and Peach were two that I really liked so even though I cannot STAND Emilio or Ivy, I will watch. And hope they go quickly.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #134
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I knew who was going to win. I made the mistake of looking at Facebook and Tim Gunn, of all people, spoiled it on there.

I will be watching all-stars. How can you not watch Casanova? LOL. Seriously though, Anthony Ryan and Peach were two that I really liked so even though I cannot STAND Emilio or Ivy, I will watch. And hope they go quickly.
How about the awful guy who's rocking the 1990s George Michael look? I can't remember his name at the moment. He was just on a couple of seasons ago and was SUCH a bee-itch. I hope he gets eliminated first. lol

I caught an OLD episode of the show on Bravo just a night or two ago--the season that Christian Siriano won.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #135
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm in. And the only thing that shocked me about the winner is I predicted Fabio. TBH I wonder if they hadn't picked Anya last year if Fabio would have won this year. It was telling however, that they couldn't get a big industry name to like his collection for the interviews. Lord & Taylor loved Christopher (so I bet he gets a L & T job). Forgot who it was with Melissa and then Cosmo LOVED Dimytri. Lets be honest. The judges schmooze around with the industry before the come back to the judging runway. This last bit isn't just their opinion.

What I will say for Fabio is he did a "Spring" collection - to me the others weren't.

I agree with Nina about Christopher, he went too hard for too much of his collection. And he is very good at tailored feminine. Think Tim Gunn steered him there on the visit, but then again when someone uses an x-ray for a print it doesn't exactly scream ruffles and chiffon. I agree I think the pressure of Christopher winning so much got to him. But he screams potential in the Lord & Taylor market.

I did laugh when I saw Dimytri's model with the coat with fringe arms. Because I don't know if I wrote it here, but when they critiqued it I just thought "send the model down without a top underneath at all. That's runway! and he just about did.

And they slated Christopher for his gown looking different to the collection but what about Dimytri's??? all that sequins and netting with nothing geometric?

TBH I'm concerned about Melissa - I wanted to and didn't like her short leather white dress - side boob is not an attractive look in a dress that modestly covers front boob. That bothered me. Also she seems to make the same tube dress...

BTW I think the George Michael ******y queen you are referring for the All Stars is Josh. He was a catty PITA but I started to find him funny and didn't he comfort his plus size women when they had that challenge? I seem to remember he had a shocking redeeming quality but can remember for the life of me what.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #136
Kookie Creator

Quote:
BTW I think the George Michael ******y queen you are referring for the All Stars is Josh. He was a catty PITA but I started to find him funny and didn't he comfort his plus size women when they had that challenge? I seem to remember he had a shocking redeeming quality but can remember for the life of me what.
I think so too. This past season it was Gunnar who was Queen B but during the challenge where Ven lost all our respect, Gunnar grabbed my heart and I remember the situation reminding me of a similar redemption for Joshua. I actually look forward to All Stars because he's (I think) coming back.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #137
Forum Fanatic

All I remember is Joshua being really mean to Bert in the group challenge and that season, they had the challenge where they saw the men on the runway and thought they were designing for men, and were instead designing for the men's significant others. But I can't remember how he behaved during that challenge.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #138
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post

Oh, Casanova. I remember Heidi was totally in love with saying his name.

But I couldn't really watch him, because I had to read the subtitles. LMAO.

I wonder if "Poison Ivy" has chilled out any?