Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 04:06 AM   #81
Stazon Splitcoast

Has Anya done anything? She couldn't even put together a show until she got to NYC last time. Can't see her doing anything on her own. She seems to need direct competition to do anything.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:20 AM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

I think Ms. Maxi Dress Anya should get over herself! I didn't think she should have won then and I don't think she should have been there at all.

It was nice to see Mondo, but I thought he was a bit arrogant as well.

I wish Ven would have gone home.

The top 3 last night are my top 3 picks to win.

Sonji was disappointed that she didn't win - you could see it on her face - but I think that D really stepped it up and was a good win.

The loser had such a great attitude when levaing - I was really really proud. I don't think anyone that has lost has been so gracious.

I could never wear Melissa's dress - I don't have the body - HA
She matched that pattern to seams perfectly! I have a small small problem with the sleeves, but that is all.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #83
Hardware Hotshot

i was very happy over who the winner was! finally!!!

but, i did not agree with whom they sent home, ok, so his design didnt quite get to where he was going, but at least he tried something different, and he actually HAD a print.........whereas Ven did the same old same old just as badly as everytime he has made it, and, his print was just a flower! simple and boring...... his model looked like a toga party gone wrong, LOL.............

Old 09-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

I liked the back of his jacket (the loser) with the black seaming.

I LOVED the way Tim described Ven's first attempt. I did have to pick myself up off the floor from laughing after he said it though.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #85
Forum Fanatic

I thought that was funny too. Go Tim! As far as judging-usually the judges try to give some positive feedback even on designs they don't like. These were designs that were REALLY good (like Melissa's-that had to be hard making the print go just perfect) and all Anya said was "you could have stepped it up". Really? Nothing about that dress deserves a positive comment? I can't remember if Mondo said anything positive but he said the same thing as Anya (only he said it first-she just agrees with others I guess).

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG I just watched. Anya needs to get over herself. She was downright rude to Gunnar. TBH I don't know how Ven placed over Gunnar in that challenge. I guess being a KY gal I understand Gunnar's viewpoint. I don't think he expressed himself well in front of the judges. He seemed to drop mentioning his full inspiration of what he was making which was a riding look (or post riding look because of the skirt). Whereas I still have no idea what Ven was doing.

I know I predicted Gunnar would go but I am disappointed because normally he is a disaster after such a good week and I don't think his print or look were a disaster in this challenge. I would have put Elena and Ven under Gunnar.

And D's outfit was gorgeous. Thought Mondo may have been a little jealous because he was certainly catty about it.

Loved the top 3 and agree they should end up the top 3 (how did Elena's top/print make it out of the bottom 3?!?!?).

Melissa's neckline was messy I know before sleeves it was high low, but with sleeves it looked like a bad sewing/tailoring job.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

I think Elena made it because it was not a badly made, wide shouldered jacket

The colors were bad weren't they?!

At least she was laughing about it looking like a scrub top!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
I think Elena made it because it was not a badly made, wide shouldered jacket

The colors were bad weren't they?!

At least she was laughing about it looking like a scrub top!
Reminded me of some dodgy shell suits - don't think that is very fashion forward.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #89
Stampin' Fool

Definitely think they got the winner right this time! Christopher's design looked very Rockette appropriate and like something they would wear. Dimitry's was nice, but I've never seen the Rockettes dress in something "sexy" (not that I've seen them a million times though!). Glad Ven is gone, even though I think he is probably a better designer than Elena, I just haven't liked him since the challenge with the ladies getting a makeover. And he does seem a little one dimensional in his designs. Fabio, Sanji, and Elena can go next, in no particular order.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #90
Forum Fanatic

I'm glad Ven is gone too. Sometimes I think boring is a lot more risky on this show than overdesigned. In fact, I'm sure of it. I couldn't decide if I liked Christopher's or Dimitri's better.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Just finished watching.

It was really close for Dmitri and Christopher - I think it was the sky line that did it - but I liked D's colors better.

I can not believe next week's challenge - it will be funny as all get out.

I am really enjoying the new challanges that have been chosen this season.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad I didn't read this thread before I watched. I was convinced it was Elena's time to go. TBH although they have seen the same from Ven, I thought he was like Elena and trying to respond to their criticism. Though TBH, I do think they were right in how can you make a tall, lithe, dancer look dowdy. Elena's may have been garish but it was showbiz - just the wrong show!

I agree with Christopher and Dmitri as top two. Think D's dress was a bit too modern dance and that is what swung it.

Melissa was right and I am glad she recognized that her place completely depended on the other 4 being considered worse.

Was a bit disappointed that Sonjia didn't change out her feathers on her mood trip. I think her process doesn't lend it to the show. This isn't about playing with fabric and developing an idea. This about designing an idea and making it work with Mood's fabric choices.

I was surprized that no one else took advantage of the illusion (sp?) with rhinestones already set in.

Could have easily seen Christopher's look with a black skyline and blue illusion - there were many fabric/color possibilities with it.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #93
Vintage Vixen

Good-bye Ven! His arrogance and lack of imagination finally brought him down.

I'm surprised that Elena is still in the competition. Has she made anything even remotely stylish or modern? Not in my opinion. And many of her color choices have been awful. I think they chose to keep her over Ven because at least she embraced the challenge this week, and because Ven had had such an awful outfit the week and/or two before.

I think Christopher's outfit won because it will work for day or evening events, year-round, and the skyline of New York reminds people where the Rockettes are from with a classy, quintessential Big Apple image. Dimitry's costume was gorgeous and I loved the fringe skirt, but it was a little too sexy for daytime appearances and if/when marketing themselves as family-friendly.

Last edited by missiowa81; 09-21-2012 at 03:36 PM..
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #94
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
Just finished watching.

It was really close for Dmitri and Christopher - I think it was the sky line that did it - but I liked D's colors better.

I can not believe next week's challenge - it will be funny as all get out.

I am really enjoying the new challanges that have been chosen this season.
I've already forgotten what next week's challenge is. LOL at myself.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #95
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
I've already forgotten what next week's challenge is. LOL at myself.
Baby clothes -

I know there are names that make babywear but I don't really think it deserves challenge time. Maybe Elena will come into her own. TBH I'm not seeing her talent. Even the majorette costume this week was "interesting" but not really Vivienne Westwood "interesting". Bad shell suits always come to mind when I see Elena's work. That said, she will probably win now.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good-bye Ven! His arrogance and lack of imagination finally brought him down.

I'm surprised that Elena is still in the competition. Has she made anything even remotely stylish or modern? Not in my opinion. And many of her color choices have been awful. I think they chose to keep her over Ven because at least she embraced the challenge this week, and because Ven had had such an awful outfit the week and/or two before.

I think Christopher's outfit won because it will work for day or evening events, year-round, and the skyline of New York reminds people where the Rockettes are from with a classy, quintessential Big Apple image. Dimitry's costume was gorgeous and I loved the fringe skirt, but it was a little too sexy for daytime appearances and if/when marketing themselves as family-friendly.
Absolutely, Christopher's was "safer" but by being "safer" it means he understood the challenge more. We all know if there had been no Christopher they would have chosen Dimitry's but I bet by the time we saw it on the stage there would have been a color panel in that side opening.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #97
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
Was a bit disappointed that Sonjia didn't change out her feathers on her mood trip. I think her process doesn't lend it to the show. This isn't about playing with fabric and developing an idea. This about designing an idea and making it work with Mood's fabric choices.
I was yelling at the tv when Sonjia bought MORE feathers!!! What? I think she would have been better off concentrating on another idea for the top.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeann34 View Post
I was yelling at the tv when Sonjia bought MORE feathers!!! What? I think she would have been better off concentrating on another idea for the top.
TBH she didn't even use them in a clever way. I was hoping she was going to use them in some sort of peek a boo element such as in the skirt slit (wouldn't really hold up but would have been interesting) Christopher thought of his idea and found a clever fabric that complimented it. I understood her attraction to the feathers for something other than sequins, however, there were big clues in the garments they showed at Radio City Music Hall as to what worked and what didn't. If they didn't show it, it was because it didn't work.

I was a little disappointed that no one took on the jacket/dress combo that was shown. Bet Gunnar would have! LOL!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #99
Stazon Splitcoast

OK that wasn't as awful as I thought it was going to be. Not surprised at who won because their outfits were adorable.

Slightly surprised at who went home.

AND seriously, who makes a "cocktail" dress for a baby?!

Could seriously tell they have never been around babies clothes or their figures. I don't like exposed diapers or tummies/backs.

Dmitry's was just odd... seemed too tight and short on the legs.
Fabio's was fine. I liked the total coverage onesie for that agegroup.
Sonjii's still seemed to be missing something. I guess I don't like that low neckline on the tank top.
Christopher's was just gorgeous. Loved Mama's and baby's outfit.
Elena's looked wearable. I loved the little jacket and didn't mind the outfit. I think if she had went more "bizarre" for the outfit. The one challenge where she could have gotten away with bizarre and she plays is safe.
Melissa - OMG how lucky is she! I thought they would rip both outfits to shreds. I think her tube dress should have been in the leggings she originally made fabric. Would have been stretch then too and probably have kept baby better covered.

My opinion is that either of the bottom two could have gone and that it was probably overall body of work that saved one over the other.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #100
Crimping Master

This was not one of my favorite episodes....glad it's over........Melissa should have gone, but the sewing room will probably be a little less crazy without Elena. I actually liked her outfit and I like everything Demitri makes.....
Old 10-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #101
Proud Fan Club Member

I really like Chris's work. He seems to have his thoughts together.

I was sad to see Ven go...Because I liked his work.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

What I thought was really an "icky" moment - the judges were just praising Christopher for both his mom ande baby girl's dresses and the mom had such a sour look on her face! She HATED both outfits.

Sonji had the best little boy outfit - as well as the best baby. He was so stinking cute!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast

I keep wondering when they are going to complain that Christopher is too comercial... you know that it has to be building up to that.

Christopher's mother didn't like their outfits but TBH they were designed as her and her baby as a muse not for their personal collection. I glad that even though Christopher was disappointed that he recognized that.

I liked Ven's work originally but it turned out he was just an "one look" designer. And his attitude was awful. Glad he wasn't let loose on the mammas and babies. I think Christopher's momma would have slapped him down right there in the workroom.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #104
Stampin' Fool

I agreed with the first two they put through to the final, and could have gone with either one for 3 & 4.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #105
Forum Fanatic

It bugs me that they say "you're in and going to be showing in NY" and then next week they say only 3 of them are going.

In reality most of the designers show a collection at NY fashion week. If you want to see them go to Tom & Lorenzo | Fabulous & Opinionated

Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

I liked Sonji more than Fabio.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast

Sonjia is normally more wearable and figure friendly than Fabio, however, like Anya they have been strangely fixated on him. Don't be surprized if he wins it all. I'm like Heidi, I struggle to remember anything he did that WOWed me. The other four all had moments of "oh that is gorgeous" but not Fabio for me.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
It bugs me that they say "you're in and going to be showing in NY" and then next week they say only 3 of them are going.

In reality most of the designers show a collection at NY fashion week. If you want to see them go to Tom & Lorenzo | Fabulous & Opinionated
Off to look!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #109
Forum Fanatic

I was thinking that last night after I watched that they seem to give Fabio a pass a lot.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! Elena's collection!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #111
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

<--- Not gonna look. lol
Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #112
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
I was thinking that last night after I watched that they seem to give Fabio a pass a lot.
They seemed to like all the funky stuff HE wore, but that sort of look wasn't always showing up on his models.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
They seemed to like all the funky stuff HE wore, but that sort of look wasn't always showing up on his models.
and let's be honest - Fabio's look would look downright frumpy bag lady on a woman. There is no tailoring or sillouette... of course they went with that last year with Anya.

Forgot to mention the part of the equation that might be most important. The connection to Lord & Taylor... Christopher won that challenge and in my opinion has consistently had a more Lord & Taylor vibe.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

I looked, but I'm not going to comment on the final 5.

I will say that Ven's was gorgeous but if you have watched the show you have already seen it all. Apparently he is a one trick pony.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #115
Vintage Vixen

Last night was kind of a toss-up for me. I really liked Melissa's outfit and I think it probably saved her from being sent home. In fact, I thought it was going to be the winner of last night's challenge. Christopher's dress really was more of a costume, but there was no way they could send him home based on what he's been doing all season.

I didn't understand why they were oohing and aahing over Fabio's outfit, and I didn't think Dmitry's suit was that avant garde. To be honest, it reminded me of a navy 2-piece skirt suit I had back in the early 90s. Guess I was more fashionable than I thought. haha! (For the record, the slit on MY skirt did not go all the way up to my @-s-$.)
Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #116
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
and let's be honest - Fabio's look would look downright frumpy bag lady on a woman. There is no tailoring or sillouette ... of course they went with that last year with Anya.

Forgot to mention the part of the equation that might be most important. The connection to Lord & Taylor... Christopher won that challenge and in my opinion has consistently had a more Lord & Taylor vibe.
Agreed! Whereas Sonjia's clothes were almost always flattering. I really didn't expect her to go home last night, if they truly were looking at everyone's entire season of work.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #117
Crimping Master

I just heard on the news that DWTS received a package of white powder for Bristol Palin along with a threatening note for them to get rid of her. I wish people would get a life....it's TV for goodness sake!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #118
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8cards View Post
I just heard on the news that DWTS received a package of white powder for Bristol Palin along with a threatening note for them to get rid of her. I wish people would get a life....it's TV for goodness sake!
I think you're on the wrong thread. Either way, that is awful.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #119
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think you're on the wrong thread. Either way, that is awful.
Don't know, you have seen Dmitry's dresses haven't you?

But yeah, no one deserves that, it is neither clever nor funny.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #120
Crimping Master

OOPS! I was on the wrong thread. How did I do that? haha