Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

And sorry for multiple postings but yes I agree that it is disappointing that she didn't see the flaw in putting in a side seam. Even if she hadn't considered the dress was going to be sheer at the sides in the beginning (maybe she was going to embellish the whole thing but it looked chunky) I think it was one of those restitch, of course if time allowed.

It looks like new side panels could have been sewn in very near the front/back panels and the other cut out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:00 AM   #42
Forum Fanatic

I'm happy with tonight's result. I would been fine with either of the bottom two going, actually.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 12-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #43
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
I'm happy with tonight's result. I would been fine with either of the bottom two going, actually.
Me too. They are both very snooty. I thought it rather ironic that Ivy gave Anthony Ryan a "5" and he was at the top and she was at the bottom. Same with Laura Kathleen. She keeps talking about Uli not being a "designer" but more like a "stylist". Obviously the judges don't agree! lol

And I liked Joshua's dress much better than Emilio's. I thought it looked more like the 20s than Emilio's.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't think Laura Kathleen gave anything new, but then again neither did Uli - same straight see through dress with embellishments.

Emilio and Josh both gave a new interpretation and I liked Josh's better too.

Anthony Ryan's I thought was beautiful - Ivy's I thought was awful. That beautiful fabric and she came out looking like she was wearing a sack. Ivy doesn't seem to understand a woman's body at all. There was potential there with her choices but she can't execute them.

I would have prefered Ivy went home first. I just think she has completely missed too many times to be in the top 5.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #45
Stampin' Fool

Despite last night's awful dress, IMO, I think Anthony Ryan is the favorite to win. Followed by Uli. I think Emilio was much better on his season than he has been on All-Stars.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

TBH I wonder if anyone was going to be sent home. Maybe it is clever editting but we have had 4 instead of 3 several times now AND would it have really been good PR to say a veteran looked awful in a design she specifically had a part in requesting?

As for the night.

Surprized Josh won, though I completelly adored his dress.

Uli's dress - I don't know. Too much of a toga with a couple of seams for me. I'm not certain that I liked the dress because it pretty much was the same dress she has been wearing week after week and surprized they didn't call her out on that.

Emilio - wow. Hot mess. I liked the concept but they were right. Honestly, I thought I could have sewn it better. Her straps didn't even look like the ended in the same place on the front. One seemed to go under the front of the arm.

Anthony Ryan. - concept of the ombre was beautiful. Execution was awful - I expected a more fitted, bandeau/bra top rather than a boob tube sack with the girls roaming freely. I think if he had gone with a bra top it would have given him structure that her figure required. The design would have looked great on a flat chested gal. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed he didn't consider a great sleeve/neckline (Katy Holmes hinted at it with the jewelled straps suggestion). Anthony Ryan does such great, interesting necklines sleeves that I think he forgot himself a bit. I also thought the straps should have made a "v" below the top band to help define the girls as two.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #47
Forum Fanatic

I had a feeling it would be a non elimination. Still a disappointment but I love Anthony Ryan so if this is what it took to keep him safe, I'm in. I still don't like Emilio but he's less annoying now than he was on his first season.

I actually liked Uli's dress and I thought Josh's was so cute. I had a feeling Josh would win it. I agree that Anthony Ryan would have been better off making a bra-top on that dress. A V neckline would have not really hidden her bust like she wanted but at least enhanced it. Not made it more prominent like the top he made.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm just thinking that if the v came just down into the tube of boob that it would have given some definition.

I'm glad the panel told her to flaunt it.

I'm also glad that Anthony Ryan didn't try to give her a top like the female panelist. Many chesty women don't understand when they go all covered the actually can look bigger as well.

I wonder how Uli would have dealt with Anthony Ryan's veteran. In the end for the style Uli likes to design she had the easiest body type for event, and I was disappointed that she didn't give her the purple.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 01-06-2013 at 06:26 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #49
Stampin' Fool

I felt bad for Joshua. Too bad they didn't like Uli's dress better than Emilio's. I don't think there was any way Uli wasn't going to be in the final. Joshua's redone dress was much better than the original, IMO.

I was surprised how much they liked Emilio's dress. I did not like it.

I am ready for the return of the "regular" Project Runway. Although not sure how the "team" concept will work on the upcoming season.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #50
Forum Fanatic

I've never liked team challenges but I'll still watch. It creates more drama, which is probably their goal.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree Amy. I forgot which contestant said that Emilio's dress was about the fabric.

Sometimes I think they should be made to make the dress again in just muslin. I didn't think Emilio's was special except for the fabric which was devine. The dress screamed Jackie O retro or Joan Collins to me.

Loved Anthony Ryan's dress. He seems to have really progressed as a designer and is able to give something different each week without losing who he is.

Uli's was meh. She has done the same design all season (bar last week when she recreated the dress she had on when she met the contestant). Cover the lady bits and go sheer. Yawn.

Joshua's dress construction was beautiful. I liked his concept. I think his second dress was miles above Uli's and if they were truly tied he should have gone through. I think the second dress actually showcased the idea could work but needed less color with maybe the black/white going down to mid-thigh/knee before the color popped. I honestly thought I was going to hate his dress.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Dance!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #53
Vintage Vixen

I thought Uli should have won. Emilio's collection was VERY junior and the bows on the head were costume-y and distracting (I wasn't surprised that Mondo liked it! lol). I found Anthony Ryan's collection boring, too repetitive, and similar to the stuff that one designer was making several years ago on the show (can't think of her name right now, but she did mostly color-blocking).

I guess the new season of Project Runway starts next Thursday already? I think I need a break. And I'm not sure I'll like the team format. There was a design show on another network that did the team format; a year or 2 ago. I don't remember its name but Iman was the host and I think Isaac Mizrahi was one of the judges. I watched 2-3 episodes and lost all interest.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #54
Forum Fanatic

Thrilled! My favorite won!

Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

I think Uli's may have looked better on camera than in person. I know one judge said it looked cheap with the faux fur. And I agree I would have had Uli in the top 2 after not having her make the final 3. TBH I thought she had won it when I saw her collection. They were right that it had a fantasy feel to it.

I just want to take a moment to give credit to Joshua for not working with Anthony Ryan. I think he knew his head wasn't in the right place and he definitely could have derailed Anthony Ryan's win. Joshua from 1st season would have done it anyway and then been really toxic.

I think Mondo was the only one who did like Emilio's. I agree it was all very Junior. From color palette to big hair bows. He said it was a homage to the working woman but what working woman goes to work with a big ol red hair bow. Red, white, blue is very hard to wear without it looking very casual or nautical.

I agree that Anthony Ryan's collection was a bit too safe and repetitive. I wonder if his overall work all the way through the season is what swung it. I thought it was interesting that they called her out for having seen it before in the final critic as well.

I also wonder if construction won it for Anthony Ryan. The critic at the end of the show was at pains to say how difficult it is to achieve those lines so cleanly.

Still happy with the outcome. I think it is fair over the course of the season. I did wonder when they interviewed him about half way through and he said this is it if he can't afford to keep designing if he doesn't win that he would win.

As for PR Teams. I think already I would have preferred if they came in as teams like Ivy and Casanova could have been.