Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   TV Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tv-talk-f58/)
-   -   Project Runway - new season starts tonight! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tv-talk-f58/project-runway-new-season-starts-tonight-t557867.html)

jenguin 07-19-2012 11:01 AM

Project Runway - new season starts tonight!
 
Who's in?!

sandilotter 07-19-2012 11:50 AM

I'll be watching!

jenguin 07-19-2012 11:59 AM

I swore I wasn't going to watch anymore, but my 10 year old (son!) and I are gearing up for it by watching last year's reruns. LOL He might be the new Michael Koors! "She looks like she just got out of a paintball battle." LOL

sempermom 07-19-2012 02:37 PM

cant wait! i have a reminder set for it :)

SDiegoGal 07-19-2012 03:42 PM

I'm watching tonight! :)

Leeann34 07-19-2012 06:16 PM

Ahhhh, didn't know, thanks! And my 10 year old son loves to watch with me, and it was he who pointed out Parson's when we were in NYC last year :)

missiowa81 07-19-2012 11:42 PM

I'll be watching. I did watch. Personally I liked the runner-up's outfits better (Ven? He made the white pants with the red "rose" draped top and then the red/pink cocktail dress). I guess I understand why the other guy won, but I think the win was based more on the dress he made at home rather than on the new dress he made for the challenge.

And I already know which person whose personality is going to irritate the heck out of me. :p

sempermom 07-20-2012 07:06 AM

off to a good start i think!
i try not to go on first impressions, but, i think Gunnar is going to be the drama king this season! i think he has talent too tho, so will be fun to see how far he goes.


is Heidi pregnant agian, or was it just that green dress she had on? i'm sorry, but it did not flatter her at all...made her look big!

Leeann34 07-20-2012 02:23 PM

I don't think Heidi is pregnant, it would have hit the tabloids like crazy with her impending divorce and all. I did notice the "pooch" though.

Has anyone besides me noticed how may of the contestants are literally cut from the same die as previous seasons?

Gunnar = Josh (obnoxious to the core)
Christopher = Michael C (love them both!!!)
Melissa = Amy
Kooan = Elisa

missiowa81 07-20-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sempermom (Post 19567242)
off to a good start i think!
i try not to go on first impressions, but, i think Gunnar is going to be the drama king this season! i think he has talent too tho, so will be fun to see how far he goes.

is Heidi pregnant agian, or was it just that green dress she had on? i'm sorry, but it did not flatter her at all...made her look big!

If Gunnar is any kind of drama "royalty" at all, it will be a drama QUEEN, not king. :p :rolleyes:

I think Heidi's dress was just a little too tight around the middle. Still, I'd pay good money to have a tummy that flat after having 4 kids (isn't it 4? or 3?). LOL

jenguin 07-20-2012 02:48 PM

I thought it was 5! LOL

missiowa81 07-20-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguin (Post 19567889)
I thought it was 5! LOL

I lose track of stuff like that. Well, that's not entirely true. Truth is I don't bother to keep track of stuff like that in the first place. :p

According to Wikipedia she has 4 children. Three with Seal, one from a previous relationship who was legally adopted by Seal.

Leeann34 07-22-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81 (Post 19567904)
I lose track of stuff like that. Well, that's not entirely true. Truth is I don't bother to keep track of stuff like that in the first place. :p

According to Wikipedia she has 4 children. Three with Seal, one from a previous relationship who was legally adopted by Seal.

haha, you don't keep track but you are very resourceful. I didn't think to actually look it up, the internet is an amazing little doohicky, isn't it?

missiowa81 07-22-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeann34 (Post 19570516)
haha, you don't keep track but you are very resourceful. I didn't think to actually look it up, the internet is an amazing little doohicky, isn't it?

I'm a researcher at heart. :p

And I know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, but for stuff like this it's good enough for me. It's not as if I'm writing my PhD dissertation on how many children Heidi Klum has. LOL

Lazorkay 07-23-2012 06:29 AM

Ok, I finally watched it.

I think Ven should have won - yes, the dress SENT FROM HOME was awesome, but Ven's comp piece was much better than that black thing - with the horrible zipper!

It buldged in the back! Ven should have wond. I liked the top 3, but think Kooan should have went home. Really - they kept him just to see what he would do next week? geezzz. Lanti's was horrible - that snake skin piece - big and wide right down the front. That is her style! Even the dress she had on had a solid black panel right there on the front.

I liked the knit dress - too bad it was covered up with that heavy shaw. Loved the skirt, the top, not so much!

sempermom 07-27-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeann34 (Post 19567835)
I don't think Heidi is pregnant, it would have hit the tabloids like crazy with her impending divorce and all. I did notice the "pooch" though.

Has anyone besides me noticed how may of the contestants are literally cut from the same die as previous seasons?

Gunnar = Josh (obnoxious to the core)
Christopher = Michael C (love them both!!!)
Melissa = Amy
Kooan = Elisa


some of them gave me flashbacks to the 80's and Bananarama and Boy George.......but in a fun way, not a mean way............:lol:

sempermom 07-27-2012 07:01 AM

last nite was very good! i will try not to give anything away for those who missed it!

i really loved Dmitri's beautiful dress, even tho he wasnt in the top 3, and he whined about the challenge.................

for the top 3 i was caught between Ven and Sonjia......both were very pretty and could easily translate into fabrics.

the bottom 3 was a hard call too, but i agree with whom they sent home.

i think we are in for a good season all in all!

rebecca wheeler 07-27-2012 08:04 AM

I forgot to record it once again...does anyone know if it runs on another network???

sempermom 07-27-2012 11:44 AM

they used to rerun it on saturdays, and then again on thurs before the new epi.

theres also "on demand", you would have to check your local cable channels to see which one it would be on. for me it is on "entertainment on demand" and is free.

the nice thing about demand is you can rewind if you miss someting, and also fast forward thro the commercials!

Lazorkay 07-27-2012 12:30 PM

I am ready for Conner to go - so tired of him!

Not surprised at who was sent home.

sandilotter 07-27-2012 01:47 PM

Loved last night's challenge and thought the top 3 dresses were wonderful. Totally agreed with the winning dress - it was absolutely beautiful.

I don't care how well Gunnar may do next week - he has to go! I hate the drama queen thing, and they always seem to have one every year. Turns me off!

sandilotter 08-03-2012 11:33 AM

I loved the dress Ven and Fabio made last night. Simple, elegant and classic. I think Ven's point of view can be commercially successful, but don't know what would happen if he needed to make something else - like sportswear.

Lazorkay 08-03-2012 11:54 AM

I couldn't believe that Gunner and Kooan were in the top 2.

That gold - champagne dress for Valerie was BEAUTIFUL and so was April's!

amycrossley 08-03-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazorkay (Post 19596075)
I couldn't believe that Gunner and Kooan were in the top 2.

That gold - champagne dress for Valerie was BEAUTIFUL and so was April's!

Totally agree!

RiverIsis 08-08-2012 04:53 PM

Haven't read. Just catching up on the episodes! LOL!

missiowa81 08-09-2012 07:07 PM

Love love love tonight's winning dress!

Usually it's the kiss of death if I say, "That's something even I could wear," but not tonight. It's too bad the winner didn't get more for her effort, such as a feature in the magazine or selling the dress online.

I think they should have sent home BOTH of the bottom two. Both of their outfits were absolutely hideous. But since they had already lost two designers...:rolleyes: I can't believe these people who give up so easily. Why even try out for the show if you're not willing to stick with it? (Not that I think we'll really miss the ones who left.)

RiverIsis 08-09-2012 07:38 PM

I think I know who left because of the previews. I couldn't understand the feigned innocence in front of the judges then to just disappear like that.

missiowa81 08-09-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 19610102)
I think I know who left because of the previews. I couldn't understand the feigned innocence in front of the judges then to just disappear like that.

I hope I didn't spoil it for ya. :p

RiverIsis 08-09-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81 (Post 19610156)
I hope I didn't spoil it for ya. :p

Nah. Because I like to watch even if I know the outcome. Saw some of it (after I remembered it was on) then my lot came in from their soccer match. So I will catch up with it online.

Lazorkay 08-10-2012 06:37 AM

So the judges want Dimitri to UP his stuff a bit - well TELL him!!

gee - he has done such great work - if they want more BAM, then say something. I bet they didn't even know his dress had only 1 seam in it.

Not that the winning dress wasn't great - it was, I just wish if they wanted more then they should say something.

Yes, Raul could have gone home as well!!!

I thought Christopher's dress "sash" was a bit long. The jacket was awesome.

RiverIsis 08-11-2012 11:08 AM

Hold on to your polyester pantsuits ladies I'm going to defend Buffy (what on earth am I saying) I thought she listened and was true to her aesthetic. Yes it absolutely looked like something you would see in a bad hair salon. I think she spent far too much time on pink drapey thing than the underneath layer. I also would have left that top layer free flowing and maybe more like a shawl/scarf accent and it could have worked. Raul should have gone again.

Loved the top three and yes I hope they get more feedback than what we see in the edit. I thought Christopher's sash was "runway" and in wearable would have been shortened.

Sort of related but unrelated - did anyone see on the TODAY show where Ryan Lochte the swimmer wants to design clothes? I see a show opportunity there and who knew?!?!

And I am not disappointed with who has walked out. I was more surprised they made it on the show in the first place. Neither dazzled me.

I AM excited that there seems to be a handful of really decent designers that seem to have great potential.

missiowa81 08-16-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 19612918)
Hold on to your polyester pantsuits ladies I'm going to defend Buffy (what on earth am I saying) I thought she listened and was true to her aesthetic. Yes it absolutely looked like something you would see in a bad hair salon. I think she spent far too much time on pink drapey thing than the underneath layer. I also would have left that top layer free flowing and maybe more like a shawl/scarf accent and it could have worked. Raul should have gone again.

Loved the top three and yes I hope they get more feedback than what we see in the edit. I thought Christopher's sash was "runway" and in wearable would have been shortened.

Sort of related but unrelated - did anyone see on the TODAY show where Ryan Lochte the swimmer wants to design clothes? I see a show opportunity there and who knew?!?!

And I am not disappointed with who has walked out. I was more surprised they made it on the show in the first place. Neither dazzled me.

I AM excited that there seems to be a handful of really decent designers that seem to have great potential.

Have you been peeking into my closet?? :p

missiowa81 08-16-2012 05:16 PM

UGH! Another group challenge. Cue the divas. :roll:

RiverIsis 08-16-2012 07:10 PM

Gotta watch in the morning... *sigh*

RiverIsis 08-17-2012 09:27 AM

The Diva ness wasn't too bad! I was LMAO at the end when Raul said who need to go and he hated them. I never liked Raul's design but he is spot on for picking out a Diva attitude.

I was surprised the 5's Joan Collins resort top and trousers were so well liked. Bet you don't even have to ask which one I am calling that!!!! It looked like a good trouser if you were trying to hide something down there.

I was surprised both groups did as well as they did.

I didn't like Fabio's dress either. They seem to gush over him and I am just not seeing it. I thought moved oddly, in fact I thought that about his outfit last week, when it was moving there were weird jutty out pieces.

I'm happy with who went home... Going to be an interesting week next week!

Lazorkay 08-17-2012 09:36 AM

I was ready for elena to go - Her black blouse was a mess! Raul's blouse was a mess!

HAHA. I am glad the of who won though.

missiowa81 08-17-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 19624897)
The Diva ness wasn't too bad! I was LMAO at the end when Raul said who need to go and he hated them. I never liked Raul's design but he is spot on for picking out a Diva attitude.

I was surprised the 5's Joan Collins resort top and trousers were so well liked. Bet you don't even have to ask which one I am calling that!!!! It looked like a good trouser if you were trying to hide something down there.

I was surprised both groups did as well as they did.

I didn't like Fabio's dress either. They seem to gush over him and I am just not seeing it. I thought moved oddly, in fact I thought that about his outfit last week, when it was moving there were weird jutty out pieces.

I'm happy with who went home... Going to be an interesting week next week!

WHAT?!?! Did we watch the same show? Elena was an absolute WITCH to work with!!

And I can't stand Gunnar. Not only is his attitude awful, but he needs to shave his neck. Yuck.

I, too, was surprised that both collections looked as well as they did. Based on how the show was edited, I was expecting a whole lot of "hot messes" to come down the runway. But there seemed to be fewer construction issues than the week before.

RiverIsis 08-17-2012 11:03 AM

Yes! I think we agree - I was just expecting worse - I did say Raul was right and I think he was right to say it then and there. She is awful. I understand being driven and to be honest I think she has gone past Diva to being Queen Beeyotch.

They tried to send her packing. She is a workplace bully. I don't think you give up ALL your rights when you sign up to these shows. I hope someone stands up and calls her out. She would be toxic in any environment. Honestly, who would work with or for her after watching this?

missiowa81 08-17-2012 11:19 AM

I guess I don't remember what Raul said. LOL. I don't have the best short-term memory, but I also think I've reached the point where I just "tune out" the rotten eggs. Half of what they say is just a bunch of BS anyway.

And yes, who would want to work with a tyrant like Elena? Only a masochist.

missiowa81 08-17-2012 11:27 AM

Besides, how often do designers really work in groups like that? Seems to me like most designers create their own collection, right? Or at least, that seems to be the goal: to be able to produce their own collection.

They would still need to be able to work well with their assistants, models, hair and makeup experts, photographers, etc. And some of the contestants (i.e., Elena) probably need some basic training in that area. Reminds me of that Hollywood stylist that had a "reality" show for a while. Chloe? Zoe? Rachel Zoe? My mom used to watch that show and that woman was a real B to her assistants.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:49 AM.