Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   TV Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tv-talk-f58/)
-   -   Anyone watch "GH" today?? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tv-talk-f58/anyone-watch-gh-today-t161363.html)

MommaJ 07-03-2006 06:12 PM

Anyone watch "GH" today??

Hello! If anyone watched GH today and could give me the scoop on what happened, I'd be VERY grateful!! It's the one show I watch and can't miss but did!! THanks

barb398 07-03-2006 06:31 PM

GH

Sorry, I didn't see much today but I do know that LuLu and Dillon (is that right) made love. Sonny and Carly must have kissed also but I missed that.

MommaJ 07-03-2006 07:13 PM

Thank you! Anyone else?????

sharinlilbit 07-03-2006 08:59 PM

Liz stopped her cop husband from doing his job, so the mobster could play hero and save his girlfriend.

Georgie found out Dillon cheated on her with Lulu. Lulu at least had conscience enough to realize how terrible what she did was and feel bad about it. Of course, she also had a chance to confess the truth to Dillon and didn't take it.

The Midget Mobster and C-Biscuit sucked the life out of several scenes going around and around about his many issues.

Robin and Anna talked about Patrick over french fries. Robert talked to Patrick about Robin. Robert and Anna came to the conclusion together that Robin and Patrick are both smitten with each other, and Robert kissed Anna on the cheek.

There was a lovely music montage at the end featuring the various couples, including Alexis breaking down about Sam and Ric comforting her, but it was ruined by the last shot of Jason and his gun breaking into the room where Manny has Sam.

If you could fast-forward through everything not involving the teens and the Scorpios, it was actually a really good episode. ;)

Shari

Glitter_Girl 07-05-2006 11:17 AM

Did anyone just watch the first few minutes of GH today???? WHAT?????

sharinlilbit 07-05-2006 11:50 AM

I watched...when I wasn't poking my eyes out with a spork.

Shari

dairy queen 07-05-2006 12:46 PM

I've heard that they're bringing back some oldies but goodies. It will be the good 'ol GH. Can't wait!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Glitter_Girl 07-05-2006 12:51 PM

I was watching the first few minutes and I heard them say jason's heart stopped - and I was like AHHHHH! NOOOOO! He can't die!

but then I watched the rest of the show.....it's all good. :)

But some stuff is just so BORING!

-Sonny's craziness
-Maxie's crush on Lucky
-Lucky's stupid addiction to pain killers and making Maxie steal them
-Lulu lying about Georgie and Diego

I did read some fun spoiler stuff on the soapzone website and it does appear that the show is gonna start getting good.

sharinlilbit 07-05-2006 05:37 PM

Goodness gracious, today's episode sucked lemons, IMO. The two previous days were actually pretty good, if I fast-forwarded Greasy the Mobster and Snarly and the Borg and his Howler Monkey, but there was very little good about today's ep, except Lorenzo and the brief Alan sighting.

I never thought Jason was in any danger of dying, though I'd be thrilled if he did. I'm beyond sick and tired of this amoral, remorseless murdering thug being treated by the writers as the hero of the show. Jason, the man who never lies. Jason, the man who protects his family. Jason, the only one who can rescue the kidnapped and take down the sociopath. Jason, the baby-whisperer. Good grief.

He's a *criminal*. A murderer. He doesn't get a pass because the ones he murders are usually fellow criminals. I'm tired of him looking like a hero while the cops -- the good guys -- are portrayed as bumbling idiots. Lucky slipped on a phone?! The police and the D.A. are written as either dumb as rocks, corrupt, drug addicts, or they just look the other way. There's something wrong with that picture.

And maybe if Jason were gone, Sam might get her spine back and stop screeching like one of those howler monkeys. Maybe she'd see that her ranting at Alexis for being controlling is terribly hypocritical when this guy she loves so desperately is even more controlling. I mean, Jason's the one who broke the law to get Sam that surgery, 'cause of course, only he knew what was best. Jason's the one who kicked Sam out of his life, because again, he knew best. Jason took over Sonny's "bidness" because Sonny wouldn't do what Jason wanted and give up Emily. Jason runs off to the rescue, refusing to listen to anyone else because only he can get the job done. Jason, years ago, kicked Robin out of his life because she didn't want to live in a house with Carly and help them raise the child he help steal from his rightful father.

Oh, yeah...I can see why she'd want to go back to that. Clearly he loves her a great deal...offering to forsake the criminal life for her and everything. Oh, wait, he doesn't seem interested in doing that at all.

I'm very happy to have Tristan Rogers and Finola Hughes back on the show -- they are breaths of fresh air. And it'll be so good to see Genie Francis again, too. But this show will never be really good again as long as Robert Guza is head writer. He has his head too set on the show being "Mobster General."

Anybody else remember when soaps were billed as "Love in the Afternoon"? Not anymore. Not on GH anyway -- is there any couple who really has a healthy romance going on? None that I can see. Is there even anyone on the show who is *happy*? I mean, I know it's a soap -- there's going to be drama and angst, but man.

Where's Claire Labine when you need her? ;)

Shari

shannon2903 07-05-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharinlilbit
Goodness gracious, today's episode sucked lemons, IMO. The two previous days were actually pretty good, if I fast-forwarded Greasy the Mobster and Snarly and the Borg and his Howler Monkey, but there was very little good about today's ep, except Lorenzo and the brief Alan sighting.

I never thought Jason was in any danger of dying, though I'd be thrilled if he did. I'm beyond sick and tired of this amoral, remorseless murdering thug being treated by the writers as the hero of the show. Jason, the man who never lies. Jason, the man who protects his family. Jason, the only one who can rescue the kidnapped and take down the sociopath. Jason, the baby-whisperer. Good grief.

He's a *criminal*. A murderer. He doesn't get a pass because the ones he murders are usually fellow criminals. I'm tired of him looking like a hero while the cops -- the good guys -- are portrayed as bumbling idiots. Lucky slipped on a phone?! The police and the D.A. are written as either dumb as rocks, corrupt, drug addicts, or they just look the other way. There's something wrong with that picture.

And maybe if Jason were gone, Sam might get her spine back and stop screeching like one of those howler monkeys. Maybe she'd see that her ranting at Alexis for being controlling is terribly hypocritical when this guy she loves so desperately is even more controlling. I mean, Jason's the one who broke the law to get Sam that surgery, 'cause of course, only he knew what was best. Jason's the one who kicked Sam out of his life, because again, he knew best. Jason took over Sonny's "bidness" because Sonny wouldn't do what Jason wanted and give up Emily. Jason runs off to the rescue, refusing to listen to anyone else because only he can get the job done. Jason, years ago, kicked Robin out of his life because she didn't want to live in a house with Carly and help them raise the child he help steal from his rightful father.

Oh, yeah...I can see why she'd want to go back to that. Clearly he loves her a great deal...offering to forsake the criminal life for her and everything. Oh, wait, he doesn't seem interested in doing that at all.

I'm very happy to have Tristan Rogers and Finola Hughes back on the show -- they are breaths of fresh air. And it'll be so good to see Genie Francis again, too. But this show will never be really good again as long as Robert Guza is head writer. He has his head too set on the show being "Mobster General."

Anybody else remember when soaps were billed as "Love in the Afternoon"? Not anymore. Not on GH anyway -- is there any couple who really has a healthy romance going on? None that I can see. Is there even anyone on the show who is *happy*? I mean, I know it's a soap -- there's going to be drama and angst, but man.

Where's Claire Labine when you need her? ;)

Shari

I hope all this stuff with Jason is leading somewhere. He never really was like this before, had a few moments of high and mighty but not like this. I was really hoping that when he had all the brain trama he was going to come out on the other side of the law. I like Sam and Jason together I'm just tired of all the he needs saved she needs saved, what happened to the luke and laura save the world together moments. There are no good love stories, though I loved where they were going with Robin and Patrick.

sharinlilbit 07-06-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shannon2903
I was really hoping that when he had all the brain trama he was going to come out on the other side of the law.

Yeah, that could have been very promising. What I'd like to see happen, and what I think would have made for far more drama and interesting story-telling, is for Jason to get bonked on the head again and be "re-Quartermaine'd." Have him get back what made him Jason Quartermaine, a law-abiding, good guy. He'd be horrified at what he did as Jason Morgan. We'd see him trying to fit back into his family (and it would give the great Stuart Damon and Leslie Charleson something to do besides sit in the Seniors Closet and wait to be let out every month or so for a few minutes), figuring out legitimate employment, and there'd be plenty of tension between him and Sam...would he even want the Howler Monkey anymore? Would she still want him?

Quote:

There are no good love stories, though I loved where they were going with Robin and Patrick.
Until it became apparent that Patrick is a horse's butt, I liked the two together, too. He turned my stomach yesterday though when he was talking to Liz about Jason and Lucky...sounded very much like he was saying it was too bad she was with bumbling idiot Lucky and not with Jason the hero. And once again, just weeks after blasting Robin for being "judgmental" and a "busybody," there he is sticking his nose into someone else's business, not unlike when he gave Sam his very biased version of the "truth" about the events surrounding her surgery. The other day Patrick said some nice things about Robin to her father...why won't he say them to *her*?

Shari

Glitter_Girl 07-06-2006 10:35 AM

I read on a spoiler site that coming up this summer/fall Jason gets out of the mob. ;)

I hope that makes you both feel better. :D

shannon2903 07-06-2006 03:11 PM

Totally unrelated but thought you might like to know.

In 16 days all cell phone numbers will be released to telemarketers. Charges for the call will be yours not theirs.

Call 1-888-382-1222 from your cell phone to get on the National DO NOT CALL list. Your calls will be blocked but you must call from the cell phone that you want blocked. You can also go to the web site www.donotcall.gov

stampin_chiquie 07-06-2006 04:05 PM

I love Jason! I'm so glad he didn't die and I wish he'd just get over himself already and get back together with Sam. I really liked them together.

I'm loving Anna and Robert! :D

StampToIt 07-17-2006 07:27 AM

Did anyone read about Laura coming back? She is, she really is. I read it in our local TV guide. Should be about October time frame. At first I got excited, then I remembered how boring and fat she was last time she came back. Maybe this time will be different -- you think?

Hey, I'm so glad I found this thread. Just stumbled upon it by accident. I've been watching GH since high school -- that was a long time ago!!

I love Patrick Drake (I was a huge Rick Springfield/Noah Drake fan). But Patrick is gorgeous. I have a sneeky suspicion they are setting the scene for him and Elizabeth to get together.

Michelle

sharinlilbit 07-17-2006 10:11 AM

I didn't think Genie Francis was fat, not that you could really tell, with them dressing her in those matronly mumu-like clothes. She didn't look like she puked her guts out after every time she ate. She did look like a woman her age who has had a couple of children, which of course she has. I'd wager to say there are far more women out there who look like her than like your poptart of the week who looks like a skeleton with skin. Personally, I'd rather see a variety of body types on my soap. I'm more interested in whether or not the actress (or actor) can act than how they look. It's too bad the current writers on GH don't live up to GF's acting ability.

But I doubt you'll have to worry about seeing Genie on the screen too much. Unless she's going to be Sonny's next conquest or Snarly's new best friend, she'll likely not get much screen time at all.

Shari

stampin_chiquie 07-19-2006 07:42 AM

Did I hear on one of the ads for a soap magazine that they were replacing Sonny??? I know he's not people's favorite but I've actually liked his time with Lanie and I like him more now that he's getting along with Jason again.

shannon2903 07-19-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin_chiquie
Did I hear on one of the ads for a soap magazine that they were replacing Sonny??? I know he's not people's favorite but I've actually liked his time with Lanie and I like him more now that he's getting along with Jason again.

I think they mean when Lanie is done with the therapy, Sunny will be a new man. Sonny is always in the top 3 of peoples favorite Males on ABC, he's #1 this week:-D

sharinlilbit 07-19-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Sonny is always in the top 3 of peoples favorite Males on ABC, he's #1 this week:-D

That's mind-boggling to me. A mumbling, murderous misogynistic character is the #1 favorite. What in the world does that say?

Shari

sharinlilbit 07-19-2006 01:18 PM

Wow, that was actually a pretty good show today. They must have let the one good writer out of the closet. And best of all -- no Sonny/Emily/Carly or that skank Maxie. Somehow I think that's directly connected to the quality of today's episode. Judging by the previews for tomorrow though, we'll be back to the status quo. ;)

Shari

lorieslick 07-19-2006 05:58 PM

I am not happy at all that they are alluding to a Sam and Rick fling. He is always checking her out and she walks around with not much on..I just think that is WRONG!! Keep him with Alexis, they need to have one somewhat happily married couple on the show!!!

Grape 07-19-2006 06:17 PM

I thought Scott Clifton(?) did a great job today when Dillon figured out that he had fallen for LuLu's trick and had ruined things with Georgie. I think he is one of the best actors on the show.
When will Luke be back? I miss the Luke and Tracy, Luke and Robert, Luke and Dillon, Luke and just about anyone scenes. I don't want GH to be a sit com but I love when he adds a little comedy and wittiness to the show.

shannon2903 07-20-2006 05:59 AM

I wanted to correct an earlier posting Sonny was #3 this week, Jason was #1, Rick was #2, and Zack (from AMC) was #4, and Michael (from OLTL) was #5 for peoples favorite.

I like Sonny, but not since they broke up Jason and Sunny. I hate him with Emily and why is she always crying around him. But I love Emily in scenes with Elizabeth and Nicholas. I really liked Carly with Jax. Hate, Hate, Hate what they're doing with Maxie and Lucky. Love any scene with Patrick and/or Robin. I love Elizabeth, think they are gearing up for a break up between her and Lucky, and setting the stage for a renewed romance between Jason and Elizabeth.

Love Noah, Anna, and Robert scenes. Can't wait for Luke to return but I don't think we'll see him again until we see Laura return.

AubrieB 07-20-2006 06:03 AM

Quote:

I wanted to correct an earlier posting Sonny was #3 this week, Jason was #1, Rick was #2, and Zack (from AMC) was #4, and Michael (from OLTL) was #5 for peoples favorite.

I like Sonny, but not since they broke up Jason and Sunny. I hate him with Emily and why is she always crying around him. But I love Emily in scenes with Elizabeth and Nicholas. I really liked Carly with Jax. Hate, Hate, Hate what they're doing with Maxie and Lucky. Love any scene with Patrick and/or Robin. I love Elizabeth, think they are gearing up for a break up between her and Lucky, and setting the stage for a renewed romance between Jason and Elizabeth.

Love Noah, Anna, and Robert scenes. Can't wait for Luke to return but I don't think we'll see him again until we see Laura return.

I can't wait for them to throw Liz and Jason together. I am so ready for Sam to be gone. I really liked her at firtst, but they turned her into this whining little brat and I can't stand to watch her. I do think that she is trying to break Alexis and Rick up, though. I can't say I would mind that either. I want Nik and Emily back together and I think that Carly adn Sonny should be together so they can self-destruct! That I would watch!!

stampin_chiquie 07-20-2006 06:40 AM

IMHO, Emily could just go away. Or at least this horrible actress they have playing her. I can't stand her with Sonny. She was Ok with Nic.

I used to like Sam when she was with Jason and seemed to have a spine. Now she just whines and seems ready to do whatever anyone tells her. Ugh.

jor 07-20-2006 06:45 AM

All Sam does is cry! I can't stand watching her. Didn't she start out as a self-assured, strong character? I really get frustrated watching her anymore. Of course, Jason . . . I have a soft spot for him. Just think he is a cutie!

sharinlilbit 07-20-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

IMHO, Emily could just go away. Or at least this horrible actress they have playing her. I can't stand her with Sonny. She was Ok with Nic.

I used to like Sam when she was with Jason and seemed to have a spine. Now she just whines and seems ready to do whatever anyone tells her. Ugh.

I agree completely about Natalia Livingston. She's absolutely awful and the fact that the Emmy voters gave her an EMMY just proves they're worthless.

However, I disagree about Sam having a spine with Jason. She had one when she first arrived in Port Charles, but when she hooked up with Jason, he performed a spine-ectomy on her. She bowed to whatever he wanted, she gave up any sort of decent future because of him, it was all about what Jason wanted and thought -- she had no job, no friends, and no self-respect. If she weren't such a brat and determined to get revenge on Alexis, she might actually have a future if she'd let her mother help her.

But yes, enough with the crying. I bet GH has blown a huge portion of its budget on Kleenex.

Shari

stampin_chiquie 07-20-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

I agree completely about Natalia Livingston. She's absolutely awful and the fact that the Emmy voters gave her an EMMY just proves they're worthless.

However, I disagree about Sam having a spine with Jason. She had one when she first arrived in Port Charles, but when she hooked up with Jason, he performed a spine-ectomy on her. She bowed to whatever he wanted, she gave up any sort of decent future because of him, it was all about what Jason wanted and thought -- she had no job, no friends, and no self-respect. If she weren't such a brat and determined to get revenge on Alexis, she might actually have a future if she'd let her mother help her.

But yes, enough with the crying. I bet GH has blown a huge portion of its budget on Kleenex.

Shari

In regards to Jason, her spine was quickly lost but at least she still stood up to other people. I liked to watch her fight it out with Alexis and Ric. Definately enough with the crying and whining. It'll be fun to watch if she actually made Jason "pay" but not by seducing Ric.

sharinlilbit 07-20-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

In regards to Jason, her spine was quickly lost but at least she still stood up to other people.

Eh, I don't see her constantly defending Jason to everyone who understands that he's nothing more than a common murderer as standing up to other people. Whatever else he is, or was as Jason Quartermaine, for me it all comes down to the fact that he's a cold-blooded killer, who helped steal his own brother's child, who belongs in prison. I can't think of any time Sam stood up to anyone where she was actually in the right and wasn't trying to make the mean ol' cops and D.A. leave Jason alone.

The character has potential, but as long as the writers see professional women like Alexis and Robin as the ones to be crapped on, and instead give characters like Carly a glittery hoo-ha that all the men are magically attracted to like magnets, and make Sam more interested in being a mob moll than making something of herself, it's never going to change. There's a fundamental flaw in how the GH writers see the female characters, and you can even spot it right away in the final shot of the opening credits. To me, that says it all. *g*

Meanwhile, they've brought back all these vets, and they've done what with them exactly? They have the tremendous talents of John Ingle, Jane Elliott, Stuart Damon, Leslie Charleson, the lesser talent, but still better than most of the new folks Jackie Zemen, and Tony Geary at their disposal. JI and JE had a really nice turn the other day, but they'll probably not get another one for quite a while.

DOOL, the soap that became a joke a long time ago, is beating GH in the ratings these days. They have tons of problems of their own, but they've already proven they know how to handle returning vets.

I dread seeing what they'll do to Genie Francis when Laura returns, especially if the rumors of a connection between her and Sam play out as fact. :-(

Shari

AubrieB 07-20-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

I dread seeing what they'll do to Genie Francis when Laura returns, especially if the rumors of a connection between her and Sam play out as fact. :-(Shari

What!!! What connection does Sam have with Laura? I must have missed something!! Please tell me!!

sharinlilbit 07-20-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubrieB
What!!! What connection does Sam have with Laura? I must have missed something!! Please tell me!!

It's just a rumor that as far as I know has no basis in reality, but it's floating around out there that Sam is not actually Alexis's daughter, but Laura's -- Nikolas's twin.

I hope it's not true. Interesting though that at least as far as they've shown us, there was never a blood test to confirm that Alexis is Sam's mother...she just took Jason's word on it. Another example of shoddy writing.

Shari

AubrieB 07-20-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

It's just a rumor that as far as I know has no basis in reality, but it's floating around out there that Sam is not actually Alexis's daughter, but Laura's -- Nikolas's twin.

I hope it's not true. Interesting though that at least as far as they've shown us, there was never a blood test to confirm that Alexis is Sam's mother...she just took Jason's word on it. Another example of shoddy writing.

Shari

Thanks Shari!
I would much rather her be Mik's twin than Alexis's daughter. I dont' know why, but I just didn't like that twist.

shannon2903 07-21-2006 07:35 AM

Quote:

The character has potential, but as long as the writers see professional women like Alexis and Robin as the ones to be crapped on, and instead give characters like Carly a glittery hoo-ha that all the men are magically attracted to like magnets, and make Sam more interested in being a mob moll than making something of herself, it's never going to change. There's a fundamental flaw in how the GH writers see the female characters, and you can even spot it right away in the final shot of the opening credits. To me, that says it all. *g*

Meanwhile, they've brought back all these vets, and they've done what with them exactly? They have the tremendous talents of John Ingle, Jane Elliott, Stuart Damon, Leslie Charleson, the lesser talent, but still better than most of the new folks Jackie Zemen, and Tony Geary at their disposal. JI and JE had a really nice turn the other day, but they'll probably not get another one for quite a while.

DOOL, the soap that became a joke a long time ago, is beating GH in the ratings these days. They have tons of problems of their own, but they've already proven they know how to handle returning vets.

I dread seeing what they'll do to Genie Francis when Laura returns, especially if the rumors of a connection between her and Sam play out as fact. :-(

Shari

You can complain all you want but the bottom line is every week the Soap Opera digest takes a people's choice poll of their top 5 men and women favorites. Jason, Sonny, Ric, Carly and Sam are always on that list.(at least every time I've gotten it) sometimes Elizabeth makes it. If I were the writer I would focus on those character as well if that's what the poeple like. I agree with you on many points, I vote for Robin and Patrick every week, I hope to see them in the top 5 someday.

As for the ratings, I checked a couple of the rating site and GH is #3 (above the others) Soap of all the networks, in the nielson ratings GH is tied with ATWT and AMC for #3.

Alexis, Alexis you got to be joking. She's worse than both Sam and Carly. She's the law, yet she got away with murder, defended Sonny the Mobster, Had his baby, got Manny off on a crime she knew he commited, makes up trump charges, and countless other things. She's a shinning example of corruption within the legal system. That gives women the wrong image.

Robin I agree represents the greatest female character, professional, kind, and honest. But I don't think they've crapped on her. She got to blow the whistler on Jax and Carly. Which was a hard thing for Robin because she's so close to Jax, but she did the right thing. She got Patrick, it'll be on and off again but in the end she'll get him. To me that says be honest and be great at what you do and you could get the grand prize. I love that Robin came back and wasn't hooked up with Jason, they could have gone there with that one.

sharinlilbit 07-21-2006 08:13 AM

Quote:

Alexis, Alexis you got to be joking. She's worse than both Sam and Carly. She's the law, yet she got away with murder, defended Sonny the Mobster, Had his baby,

Believe me, I HATE that she ever gave that man the time of day. The writers did serious damage to the character when they paired her with Sonny in any way at all. And yes, she killed Luis Alcazar, though a case can be made that she was defending herself. I never said she was perfect, but she doesn't make a career out of ruining people's lives, ala Carly, and at least she does have some self-respect and doesn't depend on a man, unlike Sam.

Quote:

got Manny off on a crime she knew he commited, makes up trump charges, and countless other things. She's a shinning example of corruption within the legal system.
Here's where I'm confused. I know Sam doesn't get it, but the fact is, Alexis did her JOB, nothing more, when it came to defending Manny. I'd say she'd just as soon not have done it. She was the *court*-appointed attorney. She was told to do it. Ordered, in fact. Like it or not, that's the life of defense attorney. Which charges have been trumped up? You mean on Jason? If anything I think she has held back from prosecuting him because of Sam, but Jason's been guilty of so many things for so long, I don't see how she needs to come up up with false charges.

Quote:

Robin I agree represents the greatest female character, professional, kind, and honest. But I don't think they've crapped on her. She got to blow the whistler on Jax and Carly. Which was a hard thing for Robin because she's so close to Jax, but she did the right thing.
That's true, but then she caught the fall-out from just about everybody but Nik. Patrick, of all people, told her she was a busybody and was far more sympathetic to Carly, the babynapper, than to Robin. Robin, to this DAY, still gets it thrown up in her face that she told the truth about Michael's parentage.

Quote:

She got Patrick, it'll be on and off again but in the end she'll get him. To me that says be honest and be great at what you do and you could get the grand prize.
If he's the grand prize, I think I'd pass and go for the second prize. ;) Robin deserves someone who will treat her well, not just be after as much sex as he can get. Someone who won't sleep with her and before he's even gotten out of the bed, be flirting with another woman...the very woman who hates Robin more than anyone. Someone who doesn't tell her to mind her own business, and then turn around and stick his nose into Elizabeth and Lucky's lives and tell Sam a very shaded and biased version of the truth about Alexis's actions when Sam was sick. Hypocrite, much?

Quote:

I love that Robin came back and wasn't hooked up with Jason, they could have gone there with that one.
Well, I definitely agree with you there. Enough with good people taking up with cold-blooded killers. I think they're missing the boat with Nikolas and Robin -- he treats her very well, they respect and like each other, and what's more they have some chemistry and a history. Plus, Tyler Christopher always gives a better performance when he's out of Natalia Livingston's orbit, so I'm all for keeping Nik and Umily away from each other. *g*

Shari

shannon2903 07-21-2006 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=sharinlilbit]Believe me, I HATE that she ever gave that man the time of day. The writers did serious damage to the character when they paired her with Sonny in any way at all. [QUOTE=sharinlilbit]

yes the writers did damage to her character but they did that to Carly and sam as well, I was just saying that I don't see Alexis as a good and great character for women. I don't like any of them but they make for good entertainment I suppose.

[QUOTE=sharinlilbit]She was the *court*-appointed attorney. She was told to do it. Ordered, in fact. Like it or not, that's the life of defense attorney. I don't see how she needs to come up up with false charges. [QUOTE=sharinlilbit]

She should have quit, that's what Robin would have done. She wanted the case, to prove she was the best.

[QUOTE=sharinlilbit]That's true, but then she caught the fall-out from just about everybody but Nik. Patrick, of all people, told her she was a busybody and was far more sympathetic to Carly, the babynapper, than to Robin. Robin, to this DAY, still gets it thrown up in her face that she told the truth about Michael's parentage. [QUOTE=sharinlilbit]

Unfortunately I think that is true to life when you tell the truth that hurts someone even if they are in the wrong people get mad at you. That's a social issue much larger than a Soap Opera. Only Carly throws Michael in her face that I can remember, I know Jason hasn't forgiven her, but he's a hard head. What I don't like about where the show is going is the Hellana getting her hands on little John proving to everyone that Jax and Carly were right, I hate that.

[QUOTE=sharinlilbit]If he's the grand prize, I think I'd pass and go for the second prize. ;) Robin deserves someone who will treat her well, not just be after as much sex as he can get. Someone who won't sleep with her and before he's even gotten out of the bed, be flirting with another woman...the very woman who hates Robin more than anyone. Someone who doesn't tell her to mind her own business, and then turn around and stick his nose into Elizabeth and Lucky's lives and tell Sam a very shaded and biased version of the truth about Alexis's actions when Sam was sick. Hypocrite, much? [QUOTE=sharinlilbit]

I think Patrick is a big o softy, who lost his mom and is afraid of losing another women and so he puts on this front, he loves Robin but doesn't want to, so he tries to make it go away. Once again I feel it's very true to life. But when she get through he will love her. Unless of course the writers mess it up, then I'll be pissed.

[QUOTE=sharinlilbit]Well, I definitely agree with you there. Enough with good people taking up with cold-blooded killers. I think they're missing the boat with Nikolas and Robin -- he treats her very well, they respect and like each other, and what's more they have some chemistry and a history. Plus, Tyler Christopher always gives a better performance when he's out of Natalia Livingston's orbit, so I'm all for keeping Nik and Umily away from each other. [QUOTE=sharinlilbit]

I wouldn't be sad if they decided to go that way either I like Nik and Robin together, either one for me would be great to watch for me. Not sure they're going to give Nik a love interest, he's got a pilot in the works for a prime time show that still might get picked up next season.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you on many things, I want the show to be like it was 10 years ago, full of good over evil and adventures and true love.

shannon2903 07-21-2006 09:02 AM

ok well I don't know how to make the quotes work....LOL

sharinlilbit 07-21-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

ok well I don't know how to make the quotes work....LOL

All you needed to have done is remove the second [ quote=sharinlilbit ] at the end of each quote and instead put [ /quote ], only remove the spaces I put in there so they'd show up. :)

Anyway, we were talking about ratings earlier? These are the latest ones...came from Soap Opera Central:

HOUSEHOLD
1.(1) Y&R 4.2 (SAME)
2.(2) B&B 3.0 (-.2)
3.(7) DOOL 2.6 (+.3)
4.(3) AMC 2.5 (SAME)
5.(3) ATWT 2.4 (-.1)
5.(3) GH 2.4 (-.1)
5.(3) OLTL 2.4 (-.1)
8.(8) GL 2.1 (-.1)
9.(9) PASN 1.6 (+.2)

ABC hit its lowest women 18-34 rating in thirteen weeks (when it also posted a 1.2 in the demo) and matched its season low women 18-49 rating last seen during the 2nd week of the season. ALL MY CHILDREN delivered its lowest women 25-54 rating since the week of 3/27/06.

ONE LIFE TO LIVE fell to its lowest women 18-34 rating since the week of 4/3/06 (when it also posted a 1.2 in the demo) and its lowest women 18-49/25-54 ratings since the week of 3/27/06 (when it also posted a 1.6 W18-49 and a 1.8 W25-54).

GENERAL HOSPITAL matched its lowest women 18-49 rating in the history of people meters (last seen during the first 2 weeks of the season) and hit its lowest women 25-54 rating on record.

--

Something is definitely wrong in the State of ABC! ;)

Shari

shannon2903 07-21-2006 07:49 PM

Wow they slipped, it's the whole Sunny thing I think (it's boring, and so much screen time). Maybe the ratings were up because they brought back Anna and Robert and Holly and Noah and Robin, but they let that peter out, hope they do something quick, all the renewed watchers are leaving again already.

Grape 07-22-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor
Of course, Jason . . . I have a soft spot for him. Just think he is a cutie!

I couldn't agree more.:wink:

StampToIt 07-28-2006 06:18 AM

What is with Alexis' hair?!? It looks horrible. I used to really like Alexis, but her looks and her story line are going down hill fast.

Hey thanks for the ratings update. I do feel that General Hospital is taking a nose dive. I'm a day behind, but didn't it show in the previews that Patrick may get aids? That's going to push him and Robing closer together. That's my favorite storyline right now.

I also watch OLTL and it's got my attention so much more that GH now. Thanks for all the updates, etc....

Michelle