Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
Forum Fanatic

Default Days of our Lives

Okay ~ so Marlena is pregnant by Roman. How flippen stupid is this recycled plot line? I mean, for one, she's really too old to have a child again (58 in real life- born 10/31/47 and a good 55 in Soap Life) and we've been there, done that before. I mean, Sami is 30-35 (they never quite say), Belle is over 21, and I remember when I thought it would be cool to have her as my mom. How stupid is JERk for redoing old storylines? Does he really think we won't remember. I mean, my goodness, Marlena wasn't 20 when she had Belle or Sami and their ages alone make you go "how fake". I know it's a soap, but can we get a little touch of reality?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
Embossing Fanatic

Smile DAYS OF OUR LIVES

i LOVE this soap!

Oh my goodness--did not even hit me that that is what is going on with her!!!
How she almost fainted today and then her grabbing her belly....
That has to be what is up with her... I must say for me--I love Roman and her together..
John Black's eye gestures, drive me crazy--he is SOO dramatic!

I can discuss this soap forever!
Old 06-14-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Dorinda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorinda

I have watched this soap for most of my life, skipped a year or two here and there.

Being home recovering from surgery, I have started watching it again these past 2 weeks. Has anyone noticed how aged the male characters are?? compared to the female characters? Roman and John are looking pretty old now days, and Kate and Marleana both look pretty arn good. But too old to be preggo, not a good story, they can't expect us to beleive she is a 40 something forever.

I don't care for the current Belle too much either.

Kymber who is the JERk you are referring to, a writer on the show?? I am so behind any and all soaps. I am catching up though

Old 06-14-2005, 06:06 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva

Default La La La

Lalalalalalalallalala...I'm not reading this! I'm watching Day's right now and don't want to spoil it!. I'm posting so that I can come back later and read this thread.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #5
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampcrazygirl
Lalalalalalalallalala...I'm not reading this! I'm watching Day's right now and don't want to spoil it!. I'm posting so that I can come back later and read this thread.
So sorry ~ my spidey spoiler senses were just working OT.

JERk is James E Reilly ~ head writer with a most appropriate K added to the end of his name also known as his given internet name. It was coined when he almost killed Days and Passions with his lame butt storylines.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Dorinda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorinda

ok gotcha!

Old 06-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #7
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEYTONSMOM
John Black's eye gestures, drive me crazy--he is SOO dramatic!
Me, too! Honestly, the guy just makes me uncomfortable for some reason.
Hmmm, I love Marlena and Roman together. I don't get to watch it as much as I used to. I want the real Belle back! Now, I know that will never happen. As far as the age thing, maybe there is some connection between the kids and the older adults. Like ~ the faster the kids age, the slower the parents do! LOL

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? ~ Dr. Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy
Old 06-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #8
Embossing Fanatic

I have watched Days since 1984 (first episode I ever saw was when Bo kidnapped Hope from her wedding to Larry - need I say more). I have stuck by DAYS through the Cruise of Deception, Maison Blanche, Marlena's possession, and most recently the New Salem events. I have learned not to question or to even try to reason and just to go with the flow. DVR has saved my life because I can quickly skip over the stuff that makes me nuts - such as Kate why doesn't someone slap her silly! Anyway, because I often skip, I guess I missed Marlena fainting. I would love for her to get away from John. My friends and I call John's acting "constipated acting." He always looks like he needs to go to the bathroom. Also speaking of pregnancies, I kept thinking that they would have Belle be pregnant and she would think it was Phillips, but really it would be Shawn's (remember when they were in the barn, but she and he don't know if they were dreaming or if they actually had sex). And if Billie ends up pregnant, it BETTER be Patrick's and NOT Bo's.

Forever a Days fan -
Rachel
Old 06-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #9
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slpstamper
I have watched Days since 1984 (first episode I ever saw was when Bo kidnapped Hope from her wedding to Larry - need I say more). I have stuck by DAYS through the Cruise of Deception, Maison Blanche, Marlena's possession, and most recently the New Salem events. I have learned not to question or to even try to reason and just to go with the flow. DVR has saved my life because I can quickly skip over the stuff that makes me nuts - such as Kate why doesn't someone slap her silly! Anyway, because I often skip, I guess I missed Marlena fainting. I would love for her to get away from John. My friends and I call John's acting "constipated acting." He always looks like he needs to go to the bathroom. Also speaking of pregnancies, I kept thinking that they would have Belle be pregnant and she would think it was Phillips, but really it would be Shawn's (remember when they were in the barn, but she and he don't know if they were dreaming or if they actually had sex). And if Billie ends up pregnant, it BETTER be Patrick's and NOT Bo's.

Forever a Days fan -
Rachel
Amen Sister. I expected Belle to be pregnant by now and it to be "Phil's" ~ kind of a YEAH, RIGHT thing. I will also, knowing JERk, not be at all surprised it Billie ends up pregnant. But Marlena, at her age, that's just ridiculous. My god, if my mother got pregnant at nearly 60 my father would have killed her. That's just too old to raise a child.

And does anyone else hear Scoobie Doo's oooorrrrrrrerrrerre "thang" when John does that raised eyebrow thing?

And ~ scary thing ~ I've actually, technically, watched since day one since my mother held me for naps from the first day the show was on. That's 10,000 plus eps.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

I also missed Marlena fainting. I hope she's not pregnat. I can't stand Rex. I wish that he would shut up and listen instead of cutting off Mimi and making excuses for her. I don't understand how in the heck Nicole figured out Sami was Stan. That was a little too much for me. The whole thing is way, way out there. They are so far from reality it's hard to watch sometimes.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #11
Die Cut Diva

Ok...now that I'm done watching it I will comment

Marlena being pregnant is crazy...what are they thinking? Maybe she'll give the baby to Belle...or hey, maybe she can give it to Mimi since she 'killed Rex's baby'...yeah...so tired of hearing that line.

I wish Mimi would just tell Rex she had an abortion...he already knows that she is going to jail. I'm just soooooo tired of her almost telling him about every other day. He is so dense to believe her cover ups when she says something stupid after she decides not to tell him. Sheesh!

I'm also so tired of Hope being so dramatic around Billie...I think they need to just duke it out. Also, the Chelsea/Billie thing is getting old too. How can Billie and Bo be so dense about Chelsea being their daughter?

That's all I have to say.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to scrown8301 Send a message via Yahoo to scrown8301

Amen to everything everyone has posted. John's eyebrow thing bugs me, I want Marlena and Roman together, what was up with Sami being Stan in the first place anyway, I was so expecting Belle to be pregnant, and why in the world is Hope pushing Shawn to go after Belle and ruin that marriage when she is upset at Billie for doing the same thing. Can you say double standard? Anyhow, this show is getting lame. (Then why am I still hooked and watching!LOL)
Old 06-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #13
Die Cut Diva

I wonder too why I DVR it every day and never miss an episode! I guess I feel a commitment to it since I've been watching it for about 12 years.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:16 AM   #14
Forum Fanatic

Okay ~ too wierd ~ I lost a whole big long post.

I can "kind of" understand the Stan/Sami thing. Ally's pregnancy fell at an awkward time and they couldn't just write her off for 6 weeks, so they came up with the Stan thing. I mean, Sami wouldn't just walk away after what Kate did to her. Kate is freakin evil!! She does not deserve Roman!!

Belle bugs me.

Billie and Bo are as dense as they come. Why has no one figured out "Chelsea" is adopted??? Did they rare blood type not make Billie wonder?

And, YES, Hope is the biggest hypocrit out there.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:32 AM   #15
Stampin' Fool

As far as the Stan thing, why didn't they just have Sami marry Lucas and go on a long honeymoon?
I agree that the show is very unrealistic. But I can't stop watching. Occasionally I skip watching it for a few days or whatever if I really don't like the story line. But I always go back, what can I say?

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? ~ Dr. Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy
Old 06-15-2005, 04:38 AM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbymommyof2
Hmmm, I love Marlena and Roman together. I don't get to watch it as much as I used to. I want the real Belle back! Now, I know that will never happen. As far as the age thing, maybe there is some connection between the kids and the older adults. Like ~ the faster the kids age, the slower the parents do! LOL
Maybe that's it! I couldn't believe I read that Sammie was 35 and Belle was 21. How did that happen? Carrie should be about the same age as me... 35. I liked Carrie and Mike together. I haven't watched it since then. I tune in a couple of times in the summer, but I'm so lost. The last time I looked, there were aliens or something... and they were friends with the too old Belle and Sean.

MArlena is back with Roman? Wow! But pg. Come on! She definately is too old for that. Maybe she thinks she's pg and it's really menopause! Yeah right!
Old 06-15-2005, 04:39 AM   #17
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
As far as the Stan thing, why didn't they just have Sami marry Lucas and go on a long honeymoon?
Because JERk doesn't like happy couples. Have you not noticed that since he arrived that not one couple has been happy? Not one!! Everyone is in torment of some kind. He is a JERk.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:41 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieB
I also missed Marlena fainting. I hope she's not pregnat. I can't stand Rex. I wish that he would shut up and listen instead of cutting off Mimi and making excuses for her. I don't understand how in the heck Nicole figured out Sami was Stan. That was a little too much for me. The whole thing is way, way out there. They are so far from reality it's hard to watch sometimes.
Sami was Stan... Yup. I'm lost. Probably be another 1 or 2 episode summer for me. MAybe this thread will give me some clues.

Billie is back????????????? I never liked her.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:50 AM   #19
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen70
Sami was Stan... Yup. I'm lost. Probably be another 1 or 2 episode summer for me. MAybe this thread will give me some clues.

Billie is back????????????? I never liked her.
She is back and the girl playing her is HOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIDDDDDDD!! She looks like Lisa Rina but can't act her way out of a paper bag. She's terrible. And whiney!! She makes the old Belle look like she knew how to talk.

I've already started skimming rather than watching. I'm so tired of all the Mimi whining and crying "I killed a baby" and "I deserve to go to jail" ~ just get over it. Jan is a horrid person and you were defending yourself. Mimi is an idiot.

And what is up with Nicoles hair? Did she take a weed whacker to it?
Old 06-15-2005, 04:59 AM   #20
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I don't know if you've seen it or not, but the old Belle (Kirstin Storms) is on General Hospital now.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:23 AM   #21
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_shinker
I don't know if you've seen it or not, but the old Belle (Kirstin Storms) is on General Hospital now.
I know I'm in the minority here, but they can keep her!!
Old 06-16-2005, 04:14 AM   #22
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_shinker
Thanks. I saw that the other day even though I don't watch GH. I had to do a double take when I was flipping through the channels. Isn't if funny how people migrate from one soap to another? I agree with the new Billie being whiny and also childish. I wish the character of Carrie was still on the show.