Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
Pearl-ExPert

Default Biggest Loser is finally starting up again!

Okay, I know that last season was TERRIBLE with the wicked Conda and her brother, but is anyone going to give it another chance? It starts Sunday and Jillian's back. Looks like there's going to be kids on it too so I wonder how they're going to handle it. I've got it set up on the dvr to record.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

I'll watch it! I forgot about Conda. Yuck.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Crimping Master

Default Bummer

The very one I was pulling for went home first. I think since one walked out they shouldn't have sent anyone home. JMHO
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

Sat down this a.m. and watch last night's show. I like how they're handling the kids so far.

I agree BabyNurse, no one should've been sent home since one person opted out. I was shocked at who was sent home. Wonder what tonight will bring.

I'm pulling for Gina so far because she's about my age and height, and now, about my weight. I told myself I was going to get up this a.m. and go to the gym but I just didn't make it. I did so well for a couple of years but this past year has been so up and down (building a new house, moving twice, weddings, deaths, etc., same stresses as millions of other people) that I just can't motivate myself. I've got to get out of this rut. I do walk the dog 3-4 times a day so that's something.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
Kookie Creator

I watched it and haven't decided who is my favorite yet... or my least favorite. I have decided that I'm tired of hearing Jillian yelling and ranting and raving at the contestants. I think hollering things of encouragement instead of demeaning people is so much better. She demeans people who have already been down for so long. However, I will still watch it.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Crimping Master

Default I so agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Stamps View Post
. I have decided that I'm tired of hearing Jillian yelling and ranting and raving at the contestants. I think hollering things of encouragement instead of demeaning people is so much better. She demeans people who have already been down for so long.
I may be one of the very very few who does not like Jillian. Never have. Really dislike her attitude and language. I know Bob uses bad language too. Call me an old prude, but I hate it. It surely wouldn't motivate me to do anything.

How did they choose the 3 kids? I wonder how they will handle them at the end? Will they all 3 be winners? I think it is great that they are incorporating this into the show.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
Insane Embellisher

where's that dang 'LIKE' button!?!? I didn't care for Jillian last night. I thought that she was asking too much of her group on the first day. Maybe it was the way that they edited it, but I thought the same thing as Kate Stamps
Old 01-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
Kookie Creator

I'm with BabyNurse as to Jillian. I'll be an old prude also. The language isn't motivating at all. I rather agree with the lady who left. I'd never be ready to be treated so humilatingly. (Is that a word?)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm disappointed that the show would put anyone on the show that would quit with so many people wanting to be on it. I think the show has been around long enough that people should know that you may have a trainer in your face even if you don't like it. I'm not blaming Jillian on this and it doesn't matter whether or not we like her.

So FWIW JM has been a bit more "quiet" tonight. It is almost unsettling. I like the red line. Seems to take the cattyness and manipulation out of the groups. So it is almost as if the producers have taken that on board.

With one less member I wonder if there will be a ranch comeback for eliminated contestants in the future. That is the normal ploy to make up the shows/weeks in the past.

I like how they are dealing with the kids. Is there going to be a kid winner or are they just part of it? I may have missed it as I have been multi-tasking.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 01-07-2013 at 05:30 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 AM   #10
Pearl-ExPert

RiverIsis, with the kids, I think it's just a matter of getting the kids involved in getting healthy and developing better eating/exercise habits. There's no competition amongst the kids.

I also agree with RiverIsis about the contestant that quit. The show has been on long enough for those wanting to be on it to realize that the workout is brutal and the trainers will yell at you. What I think sometimes is that some contestants can't handle being away from family/friends/environment/comfort zones/crutches but they don't realize that that is part of the process. When I watch BL, it reminds me of basic training. You're taken to a strange place with strange people. You're away from everything you've ever known, unless you're a military "brat". Your drill seargents, i.e. trainers, yell at you and drive you to do things that you've never done and never thought you could do, physically, mentally, and emotionally. It's a tear down process but when you get to the end of the eight weeks of training, you look back at the person you were and realize it was a necessary process in order to become a soldier, or in BL's case, healthier.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Regina that is a great analogy. I just can't imagine anyone signing up AND being selected that wasn't (to use daytime tv statistics) a Thousand Percent committed.

So (again did I miss something), did everyone else in the auditorium on the first night get a don't let the door hit you on the way out or do we think it was just a lot of people beside the contestants that were just watching the start of the season? I somehow thought they might bring the non-selected people into it a bit more so I feel like I missed something.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #12
Rubber Obsessor

Location: Antelope, Ca...Not exactly Kaua'i where my heart is & would love to be

My two cents on the "Walk-out"; Jillian said in the beginning of the show that all three trainers are available to all of the individuals...with that being said, When Nikki was walking out and packing her bags, I think Bob should have stepped up (as the compassionate one that he is) and tried to reach her emotionally like he tends to with people and then swap out a member from his team to Jillian's and keep Nikki. We all know how the trainers are after all these years of watching and it isn't uncommon to not have a match of personalities when it comes to trainers (even in real life). If after working with Bob she didn't feel comfy, then she could leave....but at least make it through the first weigh in to see your success and then decide. That's my humble opinion though ... I think 2 trainers dropped the ball on this one.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #13
Pearl-ExPert

Something Dr. H said last night sort of resonated with me. He said to one of the contestants (I think it was Mike) "If you had lymphoma, you'd spend two hours getting chemotherapy." Ain't that the truth? I think I need to keep that in mind when I'm not wanting to exercise. I actually did spend a 1/2 hour on the elyptical this a.m. and did a few more exercises.

RiverIsis, I don't think the other audience members were really addressed. Some of them were family members of those that were chosen but the rest of them, the show didn't really say why they were there.

Keikki, now that you mention it, yeah, one of the other trainers probably should've went and talked to her to at least get her to stay, but I don't think they should've switched one of their team for her. Let's face it, we all have to deal with difficult situations and people that we don't like. It's part of life. The vibe I got from the woman was she's cocooned herself with people and situations she was comfortable with and it's made her uncomfortable with confrontation, which is what a lot of the process is about (confrontation with our habits and fears and past, confrontation with housemates, confrontation with trainers, confrontation with physical pain.) I'm probably reading A LOT into it but it's what I took from what she said and her body language.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
Rubber Obsessor

Location: Antelope, Ca...Not exactly Kaua'i where my heart is & would love to be

Ragtop,
You too have a point...I just think it would have been better if someone else had reached out to her like they had before with others.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #15
Pearl-ExPert

I wish someone would have talked to that walk out person to remind her that if she stayed and didn't lose much weight, she would be kicked off anyway. It just made me so mad when she left and then another on her team got kicked off being below the red line. I felt realy bad for him (and for last night's 'loser' as well). I would be so ticked at her if I was on her 'team'.

I like Jillian but I get why people don't. I got a work out video from her from the Library and she is way different on them (or at least the ones I have used from her). She is very nice, just do it if you can, not screaming and telling you to just do it! But she can tone it down a bit and last night she did. She was still in their faces but not yelling insults at her. But her team is kind of babyish.

But most of these people (probably all of them) have probably never really exercised much in their life or at least in the last couple of years. And then bam they are on treadmills, whatever and working like a fiend. I would think that would be hard for anyone, not to mentino people who are over 300 pounds.

MY GALLERY
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

I definitely would be the one heaving in the bucket. And I agree about the quote from Dr H.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #17
Kookie Creator

It is easy to sit back and say "they should do this or that". I've not been on the program and have never had to deal with any of the things they (contestants and trainers) go through. I am happy for all of them by the end because most of them have made a real life style change. And I think the program has encouraged a lot of other people to follow along. All in all.... it's a great idea. I'll be watching.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes and no - this isn't their first season. They should know by now who is committed to this and should have safety guards in place. This isn't on the contestants this is on the show's producers/directors to get right.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

White team finally caught a break.

Not certain how feel about how they divided for the challenge.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #20
Insane Embellisher

My thought (and they might have done this) - when the blue team was in the snack room for all that time, I would have slept. Then worked out when you would have been sleeping.

I am starting to see the changes in some of their faces alreay
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #21
Pearl-ExPert

My thought exactly Trophy Wife. I'd be sleeping in the room and busting my butt later.

Looks like the person who was sent home is doing okay.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #22
Stazon Splitcoast

Third that - I honestly didn't understand that they didn't think that out. They were just lolling there anyway.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #23
Pearl-ExPert

Quite surprised by this week's outcome but glad to see the contestant is doing well at home and has a GREAT attitude.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #24
Insane Embellisher

I wonder who the three are that are going home. and WHY are they going home? or did I fall asleep during that....
Anxious to see if down the road Jillian and Jeff are best buds. He sure got frustrated with her last night. I think I would have, too if she'd yelled at me like that.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #25
Pearl-ExPert

I was sad to see Pam go. She has a great personality.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #26
Stazon Splitcoast

This is a hard season for all the right reasons. Seems they listened and got rid of the drama queens and plain ol mischief makers from the show.

The focus on the kids was good and it was interesting to see who really embraced the challenge of the trainers being with the kids.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #27
Pearl-ExPert

You're right, there aren't any mischief makers or drama queens. I never thought about it. Definitely don't miss them!

Jackson was hilarious how he took over the trainer role. What did he say at the weigh-in...something about always knew he had a fit, bald, black man inside of him just waiting to come out!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #28
Insane Embellisher

I thought that was hilarious and I think it caught Dolvett off guard
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #29
Stazon Splitcoast

Honestly - just how do you answer that?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #30
Kookie Creator

I really enjoyed tonight. It's good to see the friendships and caring about each other rather than the fighting and back stabbing. Lisa is such a gracious person. it will only get better each week... as long as there's no fighting.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast

Really great show at the moment. Can't help but like this group.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #32
Pearl-ExPert

I agree! Love that there is no game play this season. Maybe the producers got the hint from all the feedback from last season.

It must be so hard for the last woman on the white team. So much pressure to lose weight as she has no one else to bump up the team's percentage of weight loss. I'm glad she made it last night & didn't even need the 2lb weight advantage. Bob's team kicked *** last night.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #33
Insane Embellisher

I know this will be odd - but I like that on Danni - you can tell that she will have a nice shape when she loses the weight. I don't think she'll have all the excess skin that some of the others will have.
The only one that I'm not really warming up to is..Jeff.; The guy on the blue team that wears that odd headband. And that's the reason. That thing looks bizarre.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #34
Pearl-ExPert

LOL - remember the guy who won a few years back that always wore a headband?! What was his name....I think it was Michael. Then he started wearing a ponytail when his hair got longer. He really needed that makeover!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #35
Pearl-ExPert

Person sent home last night looked really good!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

Was really pleased. Didn't know if they had the determination to succeed at home.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #37
Insane Embellisher

I agree, I thought he looked a lot happier, too. He didn't have that cloud that he seemed to have - especially in the beginning
Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #38
Kookie Creator

All the ones on there now seem to be really nice people. All of them are trying their best to loose weight even though some of them didn't loose a lot this week. The only white team member is a real worker, she just may win it. I'm enjoying watching it a lot more this season. It makes me wonder what big, if anything, will happen this season.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

I like Danni too. I think she has the attitude to win but one bad week and she is out of there unless they have a comeback week which is possible because of the woman that walked out. That's how Ali won wasn't it?

I think the producers really took on board the criticisms of last season with Conda and that it looked very racist.

The competitors this time around seem to be nice people (I think David knew he was going to be voted off so just went for the biggest threat) who would love getting together again after the show is over. I also like the diversity on the show.

I'll be honest I'm a little bored with the kids. The intent is good but I just know that after the cameras are off and the glory is gone that Lindsay is really vulnerable to being bullied again. I just get that vibe over the camera with her and her school friends. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 02-07-2013 at 08:45 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #40
Insane Embellisher

well, I think the good thing is that the previews show that they're going to singles on monday.