Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Default Anyone Watching DALLAS?

Just wondering.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Rubber Obsessor

Location: Antelope, Ca...Not exactly Kaua'i where my heart is & would love to be

Its on the DVR to check out...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Granny!!!! LOL I was just coming here to post the same question.
First thing I noticed is that I want to look as fabulous as Linda Gray! She looks so pretty still and not all plastic like most actresses. I don't know how old Brenda Story is, but she looks great too!!!
It started off a little slow for me, but once JR came out of his "depression" it was game on!!! I couldn't turn it off. Love that they kept the beginning graphics the same and the sweeping shot of South Fork. Brings back such fun memories of a "Who Shot JR Party" I went to. I still have the button favors and got it wrong then (I picked Sue Ellen).
I'm watching and crossing fingers they get Cliff & Pam written in this season if only for one episode.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Stampin' Fool

YES! Liked it very much. Two complaints though--Christopher and John Ross are waaayy too young and Larry Hagman SERIOUSLY needs to trim those eyebrows!!!!

I also found the original Dallas on CMT--starting from the pilot, and I'm enjoying that too. I watched it growing up and it's fun to watch again.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
Pearl-ExPert

I LOVED it. Used to watch the old version all the time. Nobody screws people over better than JR!!!

MY GALLERY
Old 06-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

Just watched it on DVR! I love seeing the old characters tied in and I am loving all the Desperate Housewives actors that are in it.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
Insane Embellisher

I have it PVR'd and want to watch this weekend.......loved the original too
Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
Watercolor Wizard

I really enjoyed it. Just hate seeing Bobby with anyone but Pam. Don't think Pam will be brought back except in flashbacks. Wasn't she dying from some terminal illness the last time we saw her on the original?
My only complaint about the new series is that they don't have enough time (because its just a summer series) to really draw out a storyline. It used to be weeks before you found out who was doublecrossing who in whatever the scheme of the day was. On the new show, they gave out all the answers.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Didn't realize it was short term.

I was afraid in the beginning the JR would only be in it when someone went to see him. LOVED it when he started talking.

Yes,I agree the boys are too young.

I also though Pam died but would love to see Cliff.

Linda Gray may not have taken it to the extreme but I saw her on something a year are so ago and she looked very old and tired. I am sure coming back on Dallas motivated her to do something.

I did not watch it a lot towards the end. Did Bobby marry this woman then or did this all happen off screen?

Did they ever prove Christopher was not JR's son?
Old 06-19-2012, 04:44 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post
Didn't realize it was short term.

I was afraid in the beginning the JR would only be in it when someone went to see him. LOVED it when he started talking.

Yes,I agree the boys are too young.

I also though Pam died but would love to see Cliff.

Linda Gray may not have taken it to the extreme but I saw her on something a year are so ago and she looked very old and tired. I am sure coming back on Dallas motivated her to do something.

I did not watch it a lot towards the end. Did Bobby marry this woman then or did this all happen off screen?

Did they ever prove Christopher was not JR's son?
Pam has never been officially "pronounced" dead. If she was Bobby would have said something romantic & profound about her not being at the wedding.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
Watercolor Wizard

Yes, they did prove Christopher isn't JR's. There was a storyline where the birth father was blackmailing Bobby or something like that.

Bobby married the new wife off screen. Maybe they'll give us some history about the relationship. I never liked him with anyone but Pam - not Jenna or April either.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #12
Hardware Hotshot

My sister who lives in Dallas and I live in Idaho - - we love this new show and watch and TEXT each other during each show.........LOVE IT !!!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

I read an article yesterday that they are trying to get Victoria Principal on the show.
It looks like the show is a hit, so it's either a possible season ending surprise or maybe a cameo next season.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #14
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm watching, and LOVING it! I had my doubts, but after every episode I have turned to my husband and said "It's just as good as it always was!" It got me wanting to see the original episodes again, so I've been getting them from the library. They're trickling in... I got Seasons 1-2 last week and skimmed through the episodes. Then season 4 came in, then season 6 but I refuse to watch out of order. LOL Got an email this morning that season 3 is available for pick-up so I'm going to get it later this morning. Guess who won't be getting anything done around the house today???

Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) had someone review the show and post on her entertainment blog yesterday. Someone commented that they think it's going to come out that Christopher is Ann's son, which is VERY intriguing, especially after seeing the photos burning in the fireplace at the end of last week's episode! I am so into it at this point that I'd probably watch live tomorrow night (instead of DVR) if I didn't have to work! Here's the review from PW if anyone is interested... The New Dallas | Pioneer Woman Entertainment | Ree Drummond

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #15
Matboard Maniac

According to what I looked up this weekend, it has never been proven conclusively that Christopher is or is not JR's. Boy, wouldn't that get interesting!

I just don't care for the young actors. Trite script lines - Elena: "John Ross, I don't like the war, but I like the warrior." Who talks like that?

Bringing Larry Hagman on the show was the trump card. Did not think I would watch, but do because of him and Patrick Duffy. Never cared for Linda Gray 30 years ago and still don't as an actress.

Bringing back Victoria Principal would be awesome. Maybe that is what would get Bobby's wife to tell him whatever her deep, dark secret is.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #16
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbutler View Post

I just don't care for the young actors. Trite script lines - Elena: "John Ross, I don't like the war, but I like the warrior." Who talks like that?
Only characters in a soap opera My husband and I are in our 30's and as soon as I heard the opening theme song, I was hooked. Took right back to my childhood laying on the living room floor watching the show. The storyline is very in keeping with the original series...all the twist and turns and cliffhangers. This is totally a guilty pleasure show and we love it!

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Old 07-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelita_uno View Post
Only characters in a soap opera My husband and I are in our 30's and as soon as I heard the opening theme song, I was hooked. Took right back to my childhood laying on the living room floor watching the show. The storyline is very in keeping with the original series...all the twist and turns and cliffhangers. This is totally a guilty pleasure show and we love it!

Same here!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 AM   #18
Inking Addict

Love the show! It feels like I'm back in the 80's again with the original Dallas. Disappointed that next week is the final show of the season. I saw Patrick Duffy on the "Talk" and he said they only did 8 episodes to see how it would go over. He said they never realized how well the show would be received this time around. The ladies asked him if there would be a cliff hanger like they used to do every season for the original Dallas, and he would not really confirm it but it was hinted at.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #19
Crimping Master

My husband and I have been watching it and are sad that the final episode is next week. I wonder if this will be a fall series. I agree that the sons are a bit young for the old dads. And you are right -- JR needs an eyebrow trim!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #20
Insane Embellisher

Default Anyone watching dallas

What a great show tonight, with so many twists and turns and great surprise ending.Cant wait til its back on.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #21
Inking Addict

I can't wait till it comes back on in January either. I didn't guess the ending at all. I was really surprised. What a great plot.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #22
Matboard Maniac

I was housesitting when the season finale aired in Canada. Thank goodness for PVR's.

It's been a long time since I gasped during a TV show. I'm with those who did not see that ending coming at all! I'll definitely be watching when it comes back.