Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2006, 01:00 PM   #201
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_Hockey
I did hear that later this week Alexis & Sam will face off about the affair too.
Today in fact! Okay, class -- raise your hand if you called it that Sam would join Ric in blaming their ONS on Alexis.

*raises hand and waves it wildly*

LOVED Alexis's line -- "Stop crying, Sam, and acting like a child! Act like a woman and accept responsibility for your actions!" I swear, Alexis can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned (unless of course she ever lets Sonny see her naked again. Then all bets are off. ).

NLG was fabulous once again.

Oh, and I actually liked the scene between Jason and Alexis. That was nice. Until he told Sam she didn't have to stay for THIS. Uh, yeah, unless that was her doppleganger on the floor with Ric that night, Miss RunnyNose DOES have to stay for THAT.

It is not healthy for me to hate a fictional character as much as I hate Carly. She was at the top of her game today -- girlfriend has a lotta room to talk about Alexis marrying a "freak." After all, Carly has married Sonny HOW many times?

Oh, and it wasn't the same as Ric and Sam at all when she seduced and bedded her mother's husband...after all, Bobbie didn't know Carly was her daughter then. So of course that makes it okay! Duh!

I'm not sure why lightening hasn't struck Carly yet, what with her rants about Robin being a busybody. Can we say HY-PO-CRITE?! First she's in Liz's face about the paternity test, which she apparently found out about by eavesdropping, and then she has to rush right over to Jason and tell him, and then she's off to see Sam or Alexis -- not sure what she went to the lake house for exactly, but whatever it was, it wasn't any of her business.

All the annoying, aggravating stuff was just about erased though with Tony Geary's delivery of "Hold on tight, angel." *sniffle* He's really too good for this show. His monologue prior to that, especially the part about a boy who lived in a *****house meeting a girl from a good family and hurting her more than he's ever hurt anyone, but her loving him anyway was wonderful. So much of the history of Luke and Laura was written in the expression on his face. (That, Steve Burton, is how you ACT. Not *blink*, *blink*, *blink*.) Loved him getting ready for Laura's return -- putting the pictures of her (much older since she last saw them) children in a drawer and pulling off his wedding ring so she wouldn't be faced with those things if -- WHEN -- she woke up.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Shari
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #202
Pearl-ExPert

I can't wait for tomorrow either!!!!!!!! I really hope they will end up extending her contract!! On the interviews I saw, it sounded like she would REALLY like that too! I thought Carly's line of "it's different cause Bobbie didn't know I was her daughter" too was over the top! I about died!!! Tony's delivery at the end of the show was great! He's the best! We'll chat tomorrow after the show!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #203
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to msamethyst1 Send a message via Yahoo to msamethyst1

OK I was in tears at the beginning of GH today. The recap of Laura's descent and Luke looking devastated. Then watch a little, fast forward a little. Loved Luke talking about all their special places all over the globe. And FINALLY to get to the pay off at the end. One little word "Luke" and I was a blithering idiot all over again. Ahhhhhh....

Loved Elizabeth Hasselbeck's t-shirt on The View today. The old classic GH hospital building/logo shot. Genie and Tony are gonna be on The View 11/14. Set those VCRs

PS Ric must die - scumbag.
Fran #1698
Matt Kenseth- GO #17

Old 10-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #204
Matboard Maniac

Yep I was in tears too. It was good to see Laura's face and not just the back of her head.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #205
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamethyst1
OK I was in tears at the beginning of GH today. The recap of Laura's descent and Luke looking devastated. Then watch a little, fast forward a little. Loved Luke talking about all their special places all over the globe. And FINALLY to get to the pay off at the end. One little word "Luke" and I was a blithering idiot all over again. Ahhhhhh....

It WAS wonderful! I wish so much that they had devoted the whole hour to just the Spencers though. As much as they've promoted this day as "Laura Spencer returns!" it was pretty doggone annoying to have so little devoted to that and Carly, Sonny, Ric, Sam, and that annoying Epiphany running around screeching at people. Lord have mercy, don't those actors need a vacation once in awhile?! An *icon* in the soap world who has been gone for four years deserves more than what she got today, as good as even that much was.

Quote:
PS Ric must die - scumbag.
Only if he can take a few choice people with him. Personally, I'd fork over some cash to whoever can get me a house big enough to drop on him, Sam, Sonny and Carly. I'll even spare Jason -- he can just be grazed by a corner of the house, which will re-Q him.

I *will* say, however, and I'm planning to go poke myself with a pointy stick after I post this, that I might have screamed "You tell her, Sonny!" when he told Sam she should accept responsibility for her actions and kept hammering home that she'd HAD SEX WITH HER MOTHER'S HUSBAND. Of course, it's completely hypocritical for him to say so, but it was nice to hear *somebody* say it.

Shari
Old 10-27-2006, 04:32 AM   #206
Goober-E LOST-E

Finally got to watch yesterday's show!!

Man! The kids talking to Laura really got me! I love Nik and I think the girl that plays Lulu looks so much like Genie and she's a great actress.

It really was good to see HER and not the back of a blonde head.

Can't wait to see what comes of this. Her return is limited, right? I wonder WHY? Why won't she be on the show about as often as Luke, Ned, Monica or Alan? Just sort of here & there for good story lines.
It would be nice.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:13 AM   #207
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32
Can't wait to see what comes of this. Her return is limited, right? I wonder WHY? Why won't she be on the show about as often as Luke, Ned, Monica or Alan? Just sort of here & there for good story lines.
It would be nice.

Yes, it's a limited run -- just four weeks. As for why? A recent USA Today article sheds some light on that --

Quote:
Now, after all their struggles and heartache, it seems Luke and Laura are being given another chance for happiness for their 25th anniversary. Or are they?

It appears Laura's recovery may be temporary. The story, executive producer Jill Farren-Phelps says, poses the question: "If you could have somebody you love more than anything in the world back — even for a limited period of time — what would you do?"

Francis would prefer Laura's return to last longer. "I'd like nothing better than to have my job back," she says. "In my heart, I absolutely would just love to come back."

But this time, budgetary concerns may spoil Luke and Laura's happiness. Farren-Phelps, who holds the purse strings, says, "We would love to have Genie with us, but we have to be able to afford it."

One thing Geary and Francis will not be denied: allowing their characters to one day head off into the sunset together.

"Oh, I want that," Francis whispers. "That's what everybody wants."

"They have to," Geary agrees. "It's the only way to conclude this story."
Translation: We're poking so much money up Maurice Bernard's butt to mumble and play the same one-note character in the same situations time after time, and Steve Burton's to *blink*, *blink*, *blink, and Laura Wright's to be in every single storyline on the canvas, whether it makes sense or not, we can't afford to pay the other half of daytime's most well-known duo what she's worth.

I would *love* to have Genie Francis back full-time -- the show desperately needs a moral compass and its heart back -- but I disagree that it would be nice to have her around as much as Ned, Monica, and Alan are. When was the last time we saw Ned? I mean, for more than a throwaway Q scene? The last time he had any semblance of a storyline was that *ridiculous* pairing with Skye during that whole Alexis as Dobson fiasco. And Monica and Alan are only trotted out every now and then to do not much of anything at all. This show should revolve around the Quartermaines, the Spencers, the Cassadines, the Scorpios, and the Jones, with a *side order* of Corinthos -- like Days of Our Lives revolves around the Bradys and the Hortons, Y & R the Newmans, Abbotts, and Chancellors. That's history.

So no, I don't think it would be nice to have Laura Spencer around just here and there. Just insulting to a character/actress who helped give the genre a shot in the arm when it was floundering years ago.

The full article -- Luke and Laura, at long last, including the infurtiating information that Genie Francis contacted the show two years ago, wanting to come back, and was told they "had no room for her." Good grief.

Shari
Old 10-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #208
Pearl-ExPert

What did you all think of today's show? Can you imagine waking up one day and your baby had become a woman?? That would be a bit much for anyone to take! I'm just praying for a good storyline!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #209
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaJ
What did you all think of today's show?
I thought the Luke and Laura scenes, Patrick and Robin, and scenes with Laura's children were, in a word, sublime. Tony and Genie are absolute gold together, and they had me in tears from the beginning to end. I LOVED that Genie *looked* like someone who had been in the state Laura has for the last four years. Loved the tears in Luke's eyes, Laura's viseral reaction when she thought the kids had been hurt, Luke's barely disguised panic over how to break it to Laura that she'd lost four years of her life, of her children's lives. Oh, and her reaction to seeing her children. Oy. Wonderful, just wonderful.

My favorite tiny moment may have been when Laura finally realized Luke was in front of her and she wasn't dreaming, when she smiled that angelic smile and put her hands on his face and leaned into him. *sigh* Tell me again why they let this woman get away?

The Emmy voters would go along way toward restoring a little of my faith in them if they rewarded Tony and Genie for the work they're doing and I know will continue to do and ignored Maurice Bernard and his horrible bipolar storyline that took up most of the summer. There's just no contest.

As for the rest of the show today, I continue to be astonished (though I shouldn't be) that the return of Laura freakin' Spencer is treated as the B story, and Sonny, Carly, and that whole bunch are the A story. Hmmm, genuine love between two people who have a long history, a entire family ripe with it, all acted so well? Or repetitive, violent mob wars between hypocrites and harpies? Let's see, which one belongs?

Days like today, I wish I had a TiVo so I could skip right over Carly and her hypocritical, nosy busybody -- enough with the insisting that Alexis should apologize to Sam! Good gravy, Sam SLEPT WITH HER MOTHER'S HUSBAND! And still hasn't really apologized or owned up to her part in it either. So, no apology for you. And I hate Ric (while still loving Rick Hearst and thinking he continues to spin crap into gold), and absolutely don't want him to have Molly, but boy, he was holding the Truth Stick today when he pointed out to Sonny that Ric isn't doing anything Sonny didn't try to do. Sonny and Carly DO need to get back together -- they're cut from the same cloth.

The scene between Sonny and Carly plotting to take Alexis's children to Sonny's mob house...hilarious. Seriously, I laughed my head off watching Sonny say with a straight face that Carly is a good mother. Yeah, she lets Chunky eat ice cream around the clock, lets him talk to her like...well, like he's Sonny. That's when he's not trying to put out hits on people. Great mom.

So yeah, today's episode was by turns sublime and ridiculous. I think I may start to record it on the VCR so I can FF the annoying parts.

Shari
Old 10-31-2006, 02:42 PM   #210
Kookie Creator

Wow, I'm so glad GH got away from that borrrrring Spencer family drama with all that history and love and family stuff! Two whole days of Laura Spencer after a break from her of four years was about all I could take. 'Bout time they went back to their strengths -- mobsters and the women they own and corrupt law officials, with a side order of Halloween shenanigans.

Oh, yeah, that's more like it.

Shari
Old 11-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #211
Polyshrink Goddess

I was close to tears with the scenes between Luke and Tracy. (OK, I also cried during Sesame Street the same day.) Tracy admitting she wants her husband. There was so much emotion.
Member #68181
Old 11-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #212
Pearl-ExPert

I used to HATE Tracy, but she has really made me like her in the last month or so. I really feel bad for her losing Luke to Laura.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #213
Stazon Splitcoast

could someone who cares how genie francis looks please dress her--she looks like a bag woman.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:18 AM   #214
Pearl-ExPert

I was thinking the same thing. I know she is just coming out of a coma, but did you see how Skye looked after just having a baby and Nik from coming out of a burning building??
Old 11-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #215
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311
could someone who cares how genie francis looks please dress her--she looks like a bag woman.
I think the same person dresses her as dresses and does the hair of Leslie. They definately look like mother and daughter.
Member #68181
Old 11-14-2006, 05:33 AM   #216
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311

I agree.........holy cow they could put something more flattering on her I would think.

Something else that threw me for a loop on yesterdays episode...........I kinda came into it in the middle, and Carley's kids had a (toy, I'm assuming) gun...........holy smokes it looked real!!!!

Anyway.........carry on..................
Old 11-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #217
Stazon Splitcoast

then carly used it to scare the police at the hospital.it did look too real for a toy. but then look at what their father does for a living!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:13 PM   #218
Pearl-ExPert

Oh my gosh...today's episode was kinda intense! I thought Laura looked BEAUTIFUL for her wedding! I've been waiting for them to do her hair like that since she returned! Loved it! I felt bad that Diego kicked it today, but what did we expect! I was in tears when Laura found out that she's only coherent temporarily! I can't even imagine dealing with that whole story line as a family in real life! I sure wish they could figure out a way to write her back into the story line! I sure do just love her and both Luke and Laural together! I thought Tracy was a hoot today! Can't wait to find out what happens with Jason and Liz after she tells him the baby is his. I am one of those that loves the Jason character. I hope Sonny shoots Rick! He's a creep!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #219
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I hope Sonny shoots Rick! He's a creep!!!
It runs in the family.

Shari
Old 11-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #220
Pearl-ExPert

Gosh....yesterday's episode was sure emotional!! Seeing Luke and Laura dancing on the porch holding eachother, probably for one of the last times, how sad!! I sure wish they'd bring her back permanantly!! Carly thinking she's just lost the person that makes life livable and trying to deal the best she can, Alexis seeing her world just crumble.....I was wiped out after watching it!!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #221
Pearl-ExPert

Ok...I never get caught up in stupid TV shows, but I just bawled my way thru GH today. I am SO depressed!! How sad to bring her back only to see her go so fast! What wonderful scenes today between Laura and her children and also Luke w/Laura. I liked the way they left it, us thinking she's reliving the wedding and all the happy times. I wonder what this twist is going to be about Laura not being guilty of her father's killing???
Old 11-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #222
Pearl-ExPert

Poor Quartermains.....I don't think they've ever known what turkey tastes like!!!!! Ha ha!!
Old 11-23-2006, 04:57 AM   #223
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Ok...I never get caught up in stupid TV shows, but I just bawled my way thru GH today. I am SO depressed!! How sad to bring her back only to see her go so fast! What wonderful scenes today between Laura and her children and also Luke w/Laura. I liked the way they left it, us thinking she's reliving the wedding and all the happy times. I wonder what this twist is going to be about Laura not being guilty of her father's killing???
I missed that part. What did they say to make us think that she didn't kill Rick Webber?
I saw the saying goodbye to Nik and I cried so hard I had to turn the channel. I am so emotional around the holidays!
Old 11-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #224
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubrieB
What did they say to make us think that she didn't kill Rick Webber?
One of the last things Laura said to Lulu was that she thinks maybe she's innocent, that she didn't really kill her stepfather. Lulu promised she'd prove it.

Shari
Old 11-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #225
Goober-E LOST-E

I've really been enjoying seeing Laura back and with her kids.
It's so sad that either she doesn't want to stay (Genie) or the writers/producers won't pay her to stay. I like the dynamic.

It was sad to see her go!

Can't wait to see what Lulu does to clear her mom and how it all plays out.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:23 AM   #226
Pearl-ExPert

Genie really wants to stay! She'd love to come back to the show is what I heard her say on an interview.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #227
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32
I've really been enjoying seeing Laura back and with her kids.
It's so sad that either she doesn't want to stay (Genie) or the writers/producers won't pay her to stay.

Ding, ding, ding!!!

I hope the ratings take a nose dive starting Monday. Maybe that'll send TPTB a message.

Shari
Old 11-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #228
Pearl-ExPert

Did anyone catch the Luke & Laura special on Soap Network this past weekend? I thought it was fun watching them react to some highlighted past scenes like their original wedding, jumping out of a plane when they were running from Frank Smith, the birth of Lucky etc etc! She's so sweet, I wish they'd bring her back for good! It was fun watching the old scenes and seeing all the old characters. I'd forgotten about a lot of them. Tiffany sure was a fun one!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #229
Polyshrink Goddess

All I know is that she wants to stay longer but Luke always takes a 2 month hiatus about now and since she just came back there isn't much of a storyline w/o Luke, so they sent her back to Looneyville because Luke needs his vacation (in real life)

Mom to 4...Sean (11-00), Kevin and Patrick (3-02) and Meghan (2-05) and still time to STAMP (in my sleep! LOL)

Old 11-28-2006, 06:13 AM   #230
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorieslick
All I know is that she wants to stay longer but Luke always takes a 2 month hiatus about now and since she just came back there isn't much of a storyline w/o Luke, so they sent her back to Looneyville because Luke needs his vacation (in real life)
That's really sad because this was the first time in a long time that I have really enjoyed watching GH.

The whole Carly/Sonny/Jax thing is sooooo boring!! Really, how many times can Carly screw up a relationship and go running back to Sonny before the writers realize we all think its BORING!!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:57 AM   #231
Pearl-ExPert

Default It is Boring!

I have been watching GH since it was in black and white and I actually feel like I don't want to watch it anymore. I LOVED watching the whole Laura story, but now that she is gone I don't feel like it is worth it. I am totally sick of all the mob stuff (Jason/Lorenzo/Sam) and the "kiddie" stuff. I really wish Laura would come back full time. Those were the days.....

I did watch the specials on Soapnet and especially liked watching the old shows from when Luke and Laura first met. It was great to see all those characters that I forgot about!

Karen in MA
Old 11-28-2006, 07:14 AM   #232
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweeda
I am totally sick of all the mob stuff (Jason/Lorenzo/Sam) and the "kiddie" stuff. I really wish Laura would come back full time. Those were the days.....
Amen and Hallelujah!

When Laura departed, so did I. I'll keep up with the goings-on via a GH message board I enjoy, on the oft chance ABC wises up and fires Guza, Frons, and JFP, and because the posters on that board are almost always more entertaining than GH is anymore, but this mob crap ran its course a long time ago.

If only SoapNet would start at about 1978 or so and rerun GH, give us what soaps are supposed to be, not this "The Sopranos" wannabe.

Shari
Old 11-29-2006, 01:12 PM   #233
Hardware Hotshot

Did anyone watch today? Oh, the emotional pain Alexis was in when her head wrap came off. It made me cry...that must have been what my mom felt like and that is just yucky! She has always been a favorite of mine!
Old 11-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #234
Forum Fanatic

I miss my GH! My tivo is in the front room and I've been stamping in the bedroom every night so I have missed GH this week... Hubby is going to move the tivo permenantly into the bedroom this weekend so I'll have a lot to catch up on this weekend!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #235
Forum Fanatic

Well... after i left my last post I got an assignment today for work that kept me in front of the computer for about 5 hours... so I took the laptop to the livingroom and got caught up on GH. I can definatly say I didn't miss much... kind of boring this week.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:21 PM   #236
Pearl-ExPert

I love watching "Alexis". She is SUCH a great actress. She gets you wrapped up in her characters emotions so easily. I thought her scene when her head wrap came off was very emotional too, especially for her, she's such a proud woman and to have that happen to her.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #237
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I love watching "Alexis". She is SUCH a great actress. She gets you wrapped up in her characters emotions so easily. I thought her scene when her head wrap came off was very emotional too, especially for her, she's such a proud woman and to have that happen to her.
I really liked that scene too... it was really well done. I can't stand Alexis the character but Nancy Lee Grahn is a good actress.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #238
Pearl-ExPert

Did anyone watch today? LuLu really cracked me up being drunk!

I like that Em/Nik are getting back together, but I don't like the Colleen chick. She just looks psycho to me.

Is Skye really that dumb to think that Lorenzo isn't going to go after Sonny? I wish Lor/Son would just kill each other and we would be rid of both of them.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #239
Matboard Maniac

she was soo funny. she played a good drunk. LOL.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #240
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubrieB
I wish Lor/Son would just kill each other and we would be rid of both of them.

Could Carly please get caught in the crossfire?

Shari