Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree176Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #2001
Stazon Splitcoast

and baked in the CA sun all day !
Old 06-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #2002
Watercolor Wizard

AND kept her hair in too tight of a ponytail for too may days!

Ok, now I realize that since I don't post on here often, it appears as though I have nothing more intelligent to post than insults to that actors/actresses, so for the record, I love Bobbi...........and Monica too, in her own way, for that matter.

I just wish these long standing actresses didn't feel the need to do this, as it makes them seem much less real to me.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #2003
Polyshrink Goddess

I find it profoundly sad that they feel they have to do this.

Edward and Luke don't have facelifts to stay on contract (or do they?)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #2004
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to Digiden

I suppose in that way soaps do emulate real life...guys never have and probably never will need to keep themselves up the way women feel they need to. Its a double standard that has been around forever, it seems, and doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon.
But then really, stop and think just how 'us' women continue to perpetuate the image...buying into all the makeup and creams and procedures out there to do just that.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #2005
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiden View Post
Ugh - no, I don't think Lulu has any room to talk; HOWEVER, Claudia just cracks me up with her 'I can beat you up' attitude. She really has a lot of nerve coming off the way she does too. Like the time she forbid Kate from visiting Michael...I'm sorry, but where does she get off concerning herself with Michael, or dictating anything to Kate? Anytime, anyone gives it to Claudia, I have to cheer.

And yes, I've thought perhaps Monica is wearing a wig as well...though I can't think why.
Claudia really makes me laugh too. She tries to be tough and very threatening, but she is sort of pitiful. Seems like things don't work out for her a lot of the time so it makes her character sort of entertaining.

Thought Carly tore into Lulu pretty good. She needs it. Then she got it from Jason too. She needs to wise up.

Anyone think Maxi is in for some more trouble? Was she just looking at those drawings or will something bad come of that?
Old 06-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #2006
Pearl-ExPert

My ramblings .....

I am creeped out by the way Claudia and Johnny reminse about things they used to do - it's just weird - no brother and sister really talk/act like that.

Claudia's hands also gross me out - they are huge and manlike.

Lulu is getting on my last nerve!

Sonny is being an ***** and I can't wait for Jason to really put him in his place.

I wish Spinnelli would get himself a girl!

I'm glad Sam and Liz are making peace.

I wish Nik and Nurse Nadine would get together.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #2007
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL....and I've enjoyed the LuLu and Claudia scenes......I think they're both immature, but I do like how Claudia stresses......Little Girl......when addressing LuLu......LOL It cracks me up everytime.....LOL

Now....who thinks Liz will get back with Lucky.....now that Jason is heading up the business. All of the sudden Lucky seems to be very active in doing things with the 'boys'.

As far as Bobbi and Monica.....Monica I noticed a while back.....but Bobbi....WOW.....she scared me the other day.....what ever job she got done, I hope she gets her money back!!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #2008
Stazon Splitcoast

i'm sooooooooooooooooo over sonny and jason. either one has to go. or better yet both!
when they are together they both are horrible actors!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:58 AM   #2009
Insane Embellisher

I am a big GH fan, but all I can say about the current storyline(s) is B-O-R-I-N-G. I normally DVR the program and lately find myself fast-forwarding through a good portion of it. Sonny and Lulu, in particular, are both getting on my nerves...and these are characters I used to really like. Kate is another one. I didn't care for her when she first came on the program, then she grew on me, and now I can't stand her. Keeping my fingers crossed for some more interesting writing starting soon.

It's official...I'm a stamping addict (second only to my "being a grandma" addiction)!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #2010
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stclassnana View Post
I am a big GH fan, but all I can say about the current storyline(s) is B-O-R-I-N-G. I normally DVR the program and lately find myself fast-forwarding through a good portion of it. Sonny and Lulu, in particular, are both getting on my nerves...and these are characters I used to really like. Kate is another one. I didn't care for her when she first came on the program, then she grew on me, and now I can't stand her. Keeping my fingers crossed for some more interesting writing starting soon.
I could have written this myself! I completely agree.

I am glad Liz and Sam are making amends. Might not last though if Liz and Lucky reunite.

Claudia's proposal to Maxi could make things interesting. Same old, same old, but will be interesting to see what happens there.

I really like Nadine so we will see how they ruin that one now. LOL

Layla and Spanelli...that is interesting. He really does need a girl! I get so mad when Sonny bullies him, I always feel bad. I am so sick of Sonny. Wish he would take a vacation.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #2011
Stazon Splitcoast

a long vacation!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #2012
Pearl-ExPert

I am wondering, since they make such a huge point of Sonny being cruel to Spanelli, if Sonny is his father?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #2013
Stazon Splitcoast

that would be just too mean !
Old 06-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #2014
Stazon Splitcoast

...so it probably will be !
Old 06-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #2015
Kookie Creator

Sonny doesn't need anymore offspring.
I hope Spanelli isn't his!

Maybe he is Mike's and that would make them bothers. LOL Again, hope not.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #2016
Stazon Splitcoast

i don't want him to have any blood to sonny or his family!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #2017
Insane Embellisher

I agree! Other than the Robin/Patrick stuff, there's not much I like these days. And an emphatic YES to your comment about Lulu being verrrrry annoying lately. I hate what they've done to her character.

Oh no, and did someone out there say they actually LIKE Nadine? I *so* wish she would go away. I think Nicholas has much more chemistry with Claudia. He just had a long relationship with a too-good-to-be-true character in Emily, so I think an interesting choice for his next relationship would be someone completely *unlike* Emily, someone who is more of a bad girl type. He is a Cassadine, after all! Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stclassnana View Post
Old 06-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #2018
Insane Embellisher

I'm still waiting for it to turn out that Johnny is his son. THAT would be interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweeda View Post
I am wondering, since they make such a huge point of Sonny being cruel to Spanelli, if Sonny is his father?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #2019
Stazon Splitcoast

i don't care for the blogging from robin and/or patrick!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #2020
Pearl-ExPert

I am just catching up on missing a weeks worth of shows. I too am sick of the Robin/Patrick blogging line and have to fast forward thru it. I was about mad enough to jump thru the TV screen when Sonny was calling Spanelli "Freaky Boy" over and over to his face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an *****!! If I were Jason, I would have decked him! It's gonna be interesting how long Sonny can go on, not holding any power. I don't think it will last very long!!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:47 AM   #2021
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaJ View Post
I am just catching up on missing a weeks worth of shows. I too am sick of the Robin/Patrick blogging line and have to fast forward thru it. I was about mad enough to jump thru the TV screen when Sonny was calling Spanelli "Freaky Boy" over and over to his face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an *****!! If I were Jason, I would have decked him! It's gonna be interesting how long Sonny can go on, not holding any power. I don't think it will last very long!!
ITA...Sonny has just become so cruel. I can't stand how he treats Jason either...ordering him to take over the business. Jason makes sacrifices for his own child, but has to get in the mob even deeper to force Sonny to make the same sacrifices for his own children. At least Jason is finally starting to stand up to him some.

I don't really care for the Nadine character either...something a little wierd about her. A Nicholas/Claudia pairing would be interesting. Oh...Robin really irritates me also. I think Patrick is really trying and she manages to shoot down every effort he makes.

Gee, looking back at this post, so many characters are on my "don't like" list...why do I even watch this program? LOL! I guess old habits are hard to break...I keep waiting for something really good to happen.

It's official...I'm a stamping addict (second only to my "being a grandma" addiction)!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:43 AM   #2022
Pearl-ExPert

Good point! I've been watching for a lot of years now too. I guess that's why I love recording it....then you can FF thru the drab parts, which seem to be more and more now days! There were so many pairings that I used to love to watch. Now I don't think there is one storyline that I am really interested in. I think Robin and Patrick are BORING now! LuLu and Johnny are not exciting any more. I used to love Kate and Sonny, I WAS a fan of his, now I can't stand the sight of him! Used to love Jason, now he's gotten boring. I really can't think of a good reason why I try to stay current on the show either!!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #2023
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's what I'd like to see.....

Carly and Sonny back together.....both of them are so cruel....they deserve each other!!.....then, they can go to the island for their honeymoon and STAY there!!

I really liked Jason and Liz together.....but, we all know since Jason runs the *business* that will never happen. I really don't want to see Liz and Lucky back together......how many times will that be they get back together??....geesh!!

Nadine is tooooo nicey, nicey.....and I HOPE Nicholas and her do NOT pair up. I would rather see Nicholas and Claudia pair up......and leave Nadine (Ms Nicey, Nicey) for Spinelli.....he deserves someone that would treat him WELL.

I'm still HOPING Johnnie is Sonny's son.....something will happen to Johnnie ((that Sonny is the cause of!!)).....and it will come out that Sonny is a match for Johnnie for some medical procedure.

I would also like to see Jax and Alexis hit it off again....she was soooo giddy when they were together before......hehe!!

LuLu seems to be turning into a mini miss Sonny.....she can just go away!! Although, I do like her and Johnnie together.......BUT, with Maxie accepting the bet to take Johnnie away from LuLu.....that could end up being interesting!!

The Robin/Patrick saga.....well, just boring right now....and I really hate the blog factor story line......SAD!!!

I guess that's how I feel today.....hehe

`

My Photography Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 01:55 PM   #2024
Stazon Splitcoast

so who really believes this LAME storyline-jason,claudia and spinelli being quantantined?
came out of no where
Old 06-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #2025
Polyshrink Goddess

I will never cease to be amazed at how General Hospital doesn't win for best writing, or directing, yet it often wins for best day time program.

Yes I think the current 'quarantined' storyline is lame, and if Jason gets close to falling for Claudia, I'm done.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #2026
Stazon Splitcoast

am i dreaming or did they mention in the previews brends is returning?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #2027
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiden View Post
I will never cease to be amazed at how General Hospital doesn't win for best writing, or directing, yet it often wins for best day time program.

Yes I think the current 'quarantined' storyline is lame, and if Jason gets close to falling for Claudia, I'm done.
the reason i think it is all fake-the guy that pushed them all back into jason's penthouse just had regular street clothes on under the "suit" not an uniform.
just didn't look real.
maybe it's her,claudia's father's plan-so she can kill jason.
i also don't like the way she "babies" spineli.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:29 AM   #2028
Pearl-ExPert

I recently read an interview with Vanessa/Brenda and she said that although she would love to come back for a short visit, she hasn't been asked yet. I also just read that Ingo did not re-sign is contract so he may be leaving unless they can work something else.

This week it is all going to come out that Carly is preggo and she is actually going to say that the baby is Jason's. Huh?

Jerry is going to go after Anthony Z for Alexis so he may be off the screen soon. And it is a definite that Logan is being killed off shortly which will kick off the summer storyline involving lots of people. Anna and Scott will be back on the canvas too.

Glad Anthony Geary won a daytime Emmy this year.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #2029
Stazon Splitcoast

jason's why? and who would believe that?
can't she spend time w/ the son that lives with her now/
any news w/ michael ?
Old 06-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #2030
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to ReindeerTrout

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
jason's why? and who would believe that?
can't she spend time w/ the son that lives with her now/
any news w/ michael ?
Because then Sonny and Jax will both leave her alone. (Yeah, right!) Also, she doesn't want to have to tell Sonny and Jax that she slept with both of them on the same day. And you know that Jason will lie for her... he has before. Yeah, I agree. So much for being concerned about Morgan.

Don't expect any news about Michael for a year or two. When they age a character, it takes that long so that the viewers will accept it.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:29 PM   #2031
Stazon Splitcoast

i'm a viewer and i hate when they age a character. how will they age michael and not christina?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 AM   #2032
Kookie Creator

I saw a Soap Digest or what ever it is called and it showed Carly, Jax, Sonny and Jason and mentioned the pregnancy. I wondered what Jason was doing in that mix. I can't believe they are going to go this route AGAIN. Give me a break. All Carly has been talking about is how she made the wrong decision the first time. Ugh.

I thought the quarantine seemed out of no where, I wondered how I missed that.

Teresa
Old 06-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #2033
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by keplerteresa View Post
I saw a Soap Digest or what ever it is called and it showed Carly, Jax, Sonny and Jason and mentioned the pregnancy. I wondered what Jason was doing in that mix. I can't believe they are going to go this route AGAIN. Give me a break. All Carly has been talking about is how she made the wrong decision the first time. Ugh.
Teresa
More evidence to support why GH doesn't win in the writing category on the Emmys! If the writers don't start getting their acts together, I really am going to stop watching. I did stop several years ago, and switched back to Days of Our Lives, but then their storylines got equally ridiculous.

I really do like several of the characters, and will miss them, but I won't miss the absurd things the writers have them do.

I dunno...maybe I've finally outgrown soaps period.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 PM   #2034
Pearl-ExPert

Reading in the checkout line again -- it turns out that Carly is not pregnant but she does her pregnancy test and makes Jason look at the results because she "can't." Sonny does tell Jax, before he finds out that Carly isn't preggo, that he had better ask for a paternity test once the baby is born. So, I think the cat may be out of the bag about her sleeping with Sonny.

Tristan Rogers will be on Night Shift this season and so will Billy Dee Williams again.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #2035
Stazon Splitcoast

night shift--also jagger!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #2036
Polyshrink Goddess

I can't believe Carly saying Jason is the father of her 'baby'. This is the last straw as far as I care. This is NOT how friends treat each other, though I've never suspected her of being an actual friend to Jason. She just uses him like she uses everyone, to her own devices and purposes.

If Jason backs her on this, I really will be done. He knows damn well the trouble they got into the last time she pawned off her son as his...and brain damaged or not, if he didn't learn from that, then there's just no hope for the guy. He needs to be a friend to himself first. Carly will NEVER change.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #2037
Pearl-ExPert

Did anyone catch the 'new' doctor asking if Spinelli knew why he was really in the hospital? He rambled about the fever, etc but the doctor never agreed or disagreed ... wonder where that is going??
Old 06-30-2008, 04:25 PM   #2038
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyP View Post
Did anyone catch the 'new' doctor asking if Spinelli knew why he was really in the hospital? He rambled about the fever, etc but the doctor never agreed or disagreed ... wonder where that is going??
I think the doctor was referring to the way Spinelli acts. He came back later and told Spinelli he was pretty sure he could diagnose him and Spinelli said no thanks.

As far as Carly, thank goodness Jason stood up to her! WOO HOO for him.
Now, wonder what he will tell Sony?

Is Jax leaving for sure? I no someone said previously he had not signed a contract. I would miss him.

Robin is really getting on my last nerve. Sure hope they get past that story line soon. Can't take 9 months of that crap.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #2039
Stazon Splitcoast

thought i read jax said himself that he intends to stay. and take off around the holidays.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 AM   #2040
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by keplerteresa View Post
I think the doctor was referring to the way Spinelli acts. He came back later and told Spinelli he was pretty sure he could diagnose him and Spinelli said no thanks.

As far as Carly, thank goodness Jason stood up to her! WOO HOO for him.
Now, wonder what he will tell Sony?

Is Jax leaving for sure? I no someone said previously he had not signed a contract. I would miss him.

Robin is really getting on my last nerve. Sure hope they get past that story line soon. Can't take 9 months of that crap.
Thanks! I had to stop watching and got the rest of the story when I finished the episode.

Sooooo over Robyn and her "I can do it alone" BS .... let the baby daddy in on the excitment already!!! Geesh!