Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree177Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #121
Goober-E LOST-E

Shari, I don't care HOW you want to give us a recap - I just LOVE it!!!
I love your names for Jason, Carly & Maxi - "The Borg"
C-Biscuit & Skankerbelle. I get Jason & Maxi, but C-Biscuit for Carly?
DO explain!

THANK YOU!!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #122
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32
C-Biscuit for Carly?
DO explain!
Some of us on another board think she, as played by Laura Wright anyway, at times can look rather horsey. So, Seabiscuit...C-Biscuit.

Then of course there's Umily, so called because poor Natalia Livingstone can barely get through two sentences in a row without saying "Umm." And the thankfully departed *****tney, aka Courtney, who changed bed partners almost as often as she changed clothes.

Shari
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #123
Pearl-ExPert

Shari....did you happen to watch today??? I forgot it was Monday, the Holiday threw me off...forgot to watch! Can you give me a recap if you get a chance? Thanks so much!!! ps LOVE how you came up w/the nic-names!!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #124
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaJ
Shari....did you happen to watch today??? I forgot it was Monday, the Holiday threw me off...forgot to watch! Can you give me a recap if you get a chance? Thanks so much!!! ps LOVE how you came up w/the nic-names!!
There was no GH today! They showed *golf* instead. As bad as GH is these days, it's at least better than *golf*.

And I can't take credit for cooking up the nicknames -- I just use them incessantly. hee!

I'll try to do a recap tomorrow...we'll see how the show goes, if it irritates me enough. I find that's when I'm most inspired. *g*

Shari
Old 09-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #125
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks!!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:59 AM   #126
Goober-E LOST-E

Funny names!
UMily. I'm not fond of Natalia. I don't think she's a good actress...

I'm so glad there was no GH yesterday! I was bummed to find an in depth look into the making and history of BH 90210 on SoapNet last night.

Glad I didn't miss anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharinlilbit
Some of us on another board think she, as played by Laura Wright anyway, at times can look rather horsey. So, Seabiscuit...C-Biscuit.

Then of course there's Umily, so called because poor Natalia Livingstone can barely get through two sentences in a row without saying "Umm." And the thankfully departed *****tney, aka Courtney, who changed bed partners almost as often as she changed clothes.

Shari
Old 09-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #127
Watercolor Wizard

Ok, so I've watched this show "on and off" for the last 20 years or so. Watched a lot when I was a kid and my mom would have it on. Then got out of the whole soap thing for several years. The last 10 years or so I go in spurts as well, but have kept up with it for the most part. The last 2 years I've been getting back into it, (along with All My Children, and One Life), except the last few weeks have been crazy busy and I've missed a TON.

So first things first............AWESOME updates Shari......thank you soooo much for doing that!

And secondly...........just got done watching today's show, and HOLY COW, Elizabeth is gonna make it interesting for awhile, eh??
Old 09-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #128
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappincat
Ok, so I've watched this show "on and off" for the last 20 years or so. Watched a lot when I was a kid and my mom would have it on. Then got out of the whole soap thing for several years. The last 10 years or so I go in spurts as well, but have kept up with it for the most part. The last 2 years I've been getting back into it, (along with All My Children, and One Life), except the last few weeks have been crazy busy and I've missed a TON.

So first things first............AWESOME updates Shari......thank you soooo much for doing that!

And secondly...........just got done watching today's show, and HOLY COW, Elizabeth is gonna make it interesting for awhile, eh??
I really hope that Liz is preggers with Jason's baby. I know Shari, you can't stand him, but there is something about him that I just LOVE!! I would be so happy if he and Liz would get together and it would be even better if he would quit the business for the child!! That would make my year!!

I'm just wondering if htey are going to shove Alexis in the closet or send her off to some "great" hospital when she is doing chemo and rediation. This is silly, but I am wondering what they are going to do with her hair. I guess they could put one of those caps on it or cover it with a scarf. Just thinkin'.

I was glad that Luke came back for LuLu. This is going to get interesting!!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #129
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubrieB
I really hope that Liz is preggers with Jason's baby. I know Shari, you can't stand him, but there is something about him that I just LOVE!! I would be so happy if he and Liz would get together and it would be even better if he would quit the business for the child!! That would make my year!!

I just love him too. (See avatar) I am so wishing for the 2 of them to get together. I even saved the episode when they slept together a couple of weeks ago because they are awesome to watch together!
Member #68181
Old 09-07-2006, 05:41 AM   #130
Polyshrink Goddess

I thought yesterdays episode was great. Luke & Lulu were great and I'm especially happy that Jason & Sam are on the verge of reconciling (Big Jason/Sam fan here ... sorry). I don't like that Alexis is trying to run Sam's life...but we'll see how that goes. I can't believe it, but it almost looks like they are writing her off the show. Unless she's going to beat the cancer somehow?

Not sure how I feel about Liz' pregnancy... Why can't they ever be pregnant with who ever they are with? Lulu is the only pregnancy where she's actually known the father... but I guess that's soap land...
Old 09-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #131
Kookie Creator

Sorry for the lack of recaps this week -- it's been really busy and likely to be so for the next couple of weeks, plus I just haven't had the heart. :-/ There are some great performances being turned out right now, but I hate so much of what these fine actors are having to do.

I want to kiss Tristan Rogers full on the mouth though for his interview in the latest Soaps in Depth magazine. The man *gets* it.

Some choice quotes:

Re: He and Tony Geary being good at both comedy and drama: "We come along as this comedy relief. We should be there to enhance the story and not divert the story."

He says the show now is all about a series of events and not a story: "Finola came back, it was an event. Genie Francis comes back, it's an event. What's in between? This is very frustrating for somebody like me who knows what the show was and knows what it can be."

Re: the return of Finola Hughes and Emma Sams bringing back viewers who watched during the show's golden years, but neither of them, nor him get much of a storyline: "If you can't have a storyline, why bring them back? If you can't build anything on a long term basis, you're just titillating the audience, and I think this audience is titillated out." Amen!

Says the big difference between the GH of old and the GH now: "foundation of the show was HOPE."

TR says they trashed Emma Samms' character, that she's not a gold digging bimbo and he thinks she was sacrificed on the altar of 'I don't have an idea (what to do with her).'

TR was disturbed they made Robert a deadbeat dad to Robin. (Absolutely! That was a horrific rewriting of the truth.)

They oughta let HIM run the show. Instead there's Brian Frons whose latest interview was him drooling all over the wonderful love story of the hitman and the woman who could pick up a gun and shoot and kill people if she needed to, and the mobster and his shrew who he shot while she was giving birth. Yeah. Screams love in the afternoon, don't it?

Shari
Old 09-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #132
Pearl-ExPert

I'm surprised that he can give quotes like that when he's probably got some kind of a contract...I'd be kinda nervous saying those things while still working there...even if they are VERY true!!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #133
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I'm surprised that he can give quotes like that when he's probably got some kind of a contract...I'd be kinda nervous saying those things while still working there...even if they are VERY true!!
I think he just doesn't care. Nancy Lee Grahn said recently that when she has a problem with something the writers have done and says so, they start saying "Stage Four!" As in, stage four cancer -- she's buckin' to be killed off with terminal cancer. Niiiice.

Shari
Old 09-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #134
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to Glitter_Girl

oh boy, Shari - I have been hiding under a rock for about 2 weeks, and needless to say have not watched GH at all. So I came here for the recaps. LOVED LOVED LOVED the ones from last week!

You just make me chuckle! I so don't have to watch now...I could probably watch maybe yesterdays and todays and be all filled in.

But I am totally TICKED OFF that Liz is pregnant. I think that downright SUCKS! There goes Sam and Jason's relationship. Again, sorry I just liked them together. And I liked when Liz and Lucky were happy. But then again none of these couples ever stay happy for more than one week on these shows anymore. It makes me mad.

So is Lulu having the baby or not? What are Liz's plans? Is she gonna pretend it's Lucky's? Ya know - it really could be his - they did sleep together once or twice before all this crap blew up.

Anyway...

Shari - I hope you dad is doing well! And please keep those recaps coming! You are FABULOUS!

Glitter Ink
Old 09-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #135
Polyshrink Goddess

I sure hope Rick didnt use the same brand of deficient condons that Dillion and Jason used. All we need now is for Sam to be pregnant with Ricks kid.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #136
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaMom
I sure hope Rick didnt use the same brand of deficient condons that Dillion and Jason used. All we need now is for Sam to be pregnant with Ricks kid.
Oh my goodness! I think that might be the best and yet worst storyline ever! What a joke that would be!

Glitter Ink
Old 09-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #137
Pearl-ExPert

Oh...that is SO SICK!! Sam and Rick's kid would be Alexis's granddaughter/stepdaughter?? It would be Sam's daughter/stepsister?? Very twisted!!!! YUK! I hadn't thought of the condom issue!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #138
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh...that is SO SICK!! Sam and Rick's kid would be Alexis's granddaughter/stepdaughter?? It would be Sam's daughter/stepsister?? Very twisted!!!! YUK! I hadn't thought of the condom issue!
If that isn't a soap opera storyline I don't know what is! LOL!

Glitter Ink
Old 09-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #139
Pearl-ExPert

I didn't think "Sam" could ever look bad, but....I thought she looked terrible all dressed up for the party today! She's too big chested for that dress she had on and her hair and makeup were awful!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #140
Rubber Obsessor

I only have a quick sec. to post, (i'll have to log back on and read the rest) but, if anyone can give me the answer to my question, that would be great...
Who's singing the song aquoustic...when they show Jason alone, and Sam comes knocking?
thanks in advance
Old 09-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #141
Polyshrink Goddess

I think the song you are talking about is "Just You & Me" by Rie Sinclair (she wrote the song), but it's actually sung by Jayson Belt

Unfortunately, ABC hasn't released the song for sale yet... but you can hear it anytime you want on www.purevolume.com/riesinclair
Old 09-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #142
Rubber Obsessor

Oooh! That's it!! Thanks. I just love this song...so...romantic?!
Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #143
Polyshrink Goddess

What a great show on Friday! I like how the scene's at the end all revolved around 7:00.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #144
Pearl-ExPert

Looks like Robin is gonna save the day with Laura...?? I was running in and out during today's show....Did they ever specifically say that Lulu didn't abort? That was the feeling I got, but am not sure. Does anyone know??
Old 09-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #145
Pearl-ExPert

Default GH Today

Lulu said to the Q's that she had the abortion. I just had to comment that it looks like Monica has a nice little facelift! I think Bobby had one a while back too! Crack me up!

Karen in MA
Old 09-18-2006, 08:06 PM   #146
Pearl-ExPert

That's funny you said that....when I saw Monica today I was thinking the same exact thing!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #147
Goober-E LOST-E

I haven't seen Monica in MONTHS! Ned, either.
It's weird to have the actors on 'occasionally'. Ah well!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #148
Pearl-ExPert

Calling Shari!!!
If you have time to recap yesterday's show (tuesday), I'd sure appreciate it!! It was my daughter's 5th B-day and we were running around all day!! I miss hearing your take on things anyway!! Thanks!
Old 09-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #149
Kookie Creator

Sorry, MommaJ -- I didn't see it either. Lately it makes me want to stick an ice-pick in my eye so I haven't seen more than a couple of minutes here and there in a week or so.

If they'd just do a "Who killed Sonny?" storyline, I'd be more inclined to pay attention.

Shari
Old 09-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #150
Pearl-ExPert

Someone PLEASE tell me that Alexis isn't leaving the show! Anyone have an inside scoop?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:46 AM   #151
Goober-E LOST-E

I haven't heard....I was wondering, too.
Quote:
Someone PLEASE tell me that Alexis isn't leaving the show! Anyone have an inside scoop?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #152
Kookie Creator

As far as I know, she's not. NLG is just on vacation...probably so we can have Sonny and Carly in practically every scene. *sporksporkspork*

Shari
Old 09-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #153
Pearl-ExPert

Tomorrow is a must see!! I am really going to hate it if Liz loses the baby. She has already lost one and that is enough IMO. I sooo want her and Jason together, espicially since they have turned Lucky into a drug crazed maniac.

Do you think LuLu is going to be trysting with the college professor? I hope they don't send her down that path.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #154
Polyshrink Goddess

My friend is Alexis's sister in real life and she is only on vacation...not leaving the show---yeah! And I certainly hope that LULU doesn't end up with the professor..going from one awkward storyline to another..not good!

Mom to 4...Sean (11-00), Kevin and Patrick (3-02) and Meghan (2-05) and still time to STAMP (in my sleep! LOL)

Old 09-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #155
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

Wow. How neat is that for you to know alexis's real life sister. Can she hook us up for a little meet and greet?

Last edited by ckberg93; 09-26-2006 at 08:19 PM..
Old 09-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #156
Pearl-ExPert

You tell her to tell Nancy that we LOVE watching her act out her role on GH...that she's wonderful!!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #157
Goober-E LOST-E

Ditto!
I can't imagine her OFF the show!
I used to watch her YEARS ago on Santa Barbara.
Quote:
You tell her to tell Nancy that we LOVE watching her act out her role on GH...that she's wonderful!!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:09 AM   #158
Polyshrink Goddess

I actully met her once (at her dads funeral) and she is a wonderful lady and I do tend to get inside scoop once in awhile, I am a SAHM now and only see her sis when there is a work party or "home show" and we chat and exchange emails, I will let her know that Nancy has to stick around and find happiness!!

Mom to 4...Sean (11-00), Kevin and Patrick (3-02) and Meghan (2-05) and still time to STAMP (in my sleep! LOL)

Old 10-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #159
Pearl-ExPert

Shari....what's your take on all that is going on in Port Charles?? Would LOVE to hear your viewpoint!
Old 10-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #160
Kookie Creator

MommaJ, I don't have much of a take on it right now -- I've literally only seen a handful of minutes in the last week or two. I'll probably watch tomorrow though. Anybody know when Genie Francis's first airdate is?

Shari