Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree152Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2006, 04:40 AM   #81
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape
Wow! You have me beat. I figure I started in the last 70s. The first show I saw was when Scotty punched Luke and Luke fell off the yacht at Luke's wedding to Jennifer Smith. I was immediatedly hooked. I remember Jason Quartermaine (Morgan) being born and toddler PJ (Steven Lars) stepping over dead Diana's body for days before she was discovered. Heather's mother (I can't remember her name.)had killed her.
We did not have a VCR so my wonderful mother would tape record GH for me every day while I was in school by hanging the microphone over the tv dial. She even pushed pause during every commercial so that a show would fit on a 45 min. tape. Is that a wonderful mom or what?
That is a wondersul mother!! How sweet!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-19-2006, 04:41 AM   #82
Pearl-ExPert

That should say wonderful. I miss the edit button!!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #83
Polyshrink Goddess

I realize this is a soap.. but does anyone else wonder how Maxie gets all the $$ she needs for the drugs??
Old 08-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to Glitter_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_Hockey
I realize this is a soap.. but does anyone else wonder how Maxie gets all the $$ she needs for the drugs??
ME!

And I hate that storyline anyway. Maxie the little drug runner. HELLO? Do you think getting Lucky drugs is REALLY a good thing? It disgusts me. But again, like you said...it's a soap! I really hate Lucky right now, I hope they can turn him around. And I DESPISE Maxie. I think they should write her off the show. Why did they kill Jesse?

Glitter Ink
Old 08-21-2006, 11:59 AM   #85
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter_Girl
Why did they kill Jesse?
Because he was boring, poorly written, and played by not that great of an actor? At least that's why I would have gotten rid of him. Oh, yeah, and because he was played by someone who looked like he was a high school sophomore.

Rather than get rid of Maxie, I'd like them to fire Tinkerbelle and get the REAL Maxie back and then the writers maybe could sit down and watch several hundred tapes of the show's history until they figure out how to do it right.

Shari
Old 08-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharinlilbit
Because he was boring, poorly written, and played by not that great of an actor? At least that's why I would have gotten rid of him. Oh, yeah, and because he was played by someone who looked like he was a high school sophomore.

Rather than get rid of Maxie, I'd like them to fire Tinkerbelle and get the REAL Maxie back and then the writers maybe could sit down and watch several hundred tapes of the show's history until they figure out how to do it right.
Shari
LOL! Tinkerbelle! That made me chuckle! I hate that actress portraying Maxie. I don't know if I liked the original. But she's better than this one.

As for Jesse - I thought he was cute...and at least he kept Maxie from screwing things up and becoming some drug running clubbie! LOL!

Glitter Ink
Old 08-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #87
Pearl-ExPert

Can anyone give me the scoop on what happened today (Mon) on GH....I missed it today and we just got rid of our Tivo! Thanks!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #88
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaJ
Can anyone give me the scoop on what happened today (Mon) on GH....I missed it today and we just got rid of our Tivo! Thanks!!!
Alexis told Sam more about her lung cancer and that she'd like Sam to stay because her sisters were going to need her. Sam appeared stunned and, surprisingly, didn't scream at Alexis that she took her brother Danny's dose of the virus antidote, allowing him to die and now she's going to die and HOW DARE SHE?!? *g* Ric accidentally heard Alexis telling Sam about the cancer and he had the nerve to be annoyed she waited so long to tell him, tried to comfort her, which she was having nothing of at first, but then she broke down a little on his shoulder. So far she still hasn't let on to either that she knows about Sic, which I didn't like at first, but now I sort of hope she lets them twist in the wind and the guilt to pile up on them until they smother...

Mr. Busybody, aka Sonny, came by Alexis's office and said upfront that he hacked into hospital records. She said she'd have had him arrested if she wasn't dying.

Patrick helped Robin move out of her apartment into the loft, and then they had sex, the afterglow of which was interrupted by the AIDS patient dying.

Skanky Maxie continued to embarrass herself pleading with Lucky to take back what he said about staying with Elizabeth and working it out. Then Lucky went to the hospital for an NA meeting -- he and Elizabeth said some stuff to each other, I don't remember what. Then when he came back looking for her, she was gone and another nurse said she'd gotten a message from Lucky to meet him at the docks. Of course, it wasn't Lucky but Maxie who said they needed to talk about Lucky.

Oh, earlier Jason tried to convince Elizabeth that Sam wouldn't tell about them, but she didn't much buy that. Smart girl.

Later Sam came to Jason to tell him about her mother and that she wasn't sure she was leaving (yeah, I knew it was too good to be true). Then she went to the docks and stood around looking as pensive as possible for her.

Not a bad episode -- NLG was her usual brilliant self and we continue to be blissfully free of Carly, though Sonny appears to have taken on her role of being the third wheel in just about every storyline. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it, I guess.

Shari
Old 08-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #89
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you for yesterdays recap....can you fill me in on today's also??? I can't believe I let PTA rule over watching GH today!! Thanks again! I love reading your recaps....they crack me up!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #90
Kookie Creator

Okay, let's see... when we last left our favorite skank and Elizabeth, they were on the docks. In today's episode Skankerbelle tried to convince Elizabeth that she wasn't trying to break up her and Lucky's marriage, that he was IN PAIN and he needed her and he said that Liz was having an affair with Patrick and she wasn't there when he needed her and it wasn't my fault I was just being a good friend because waves of neediness rolled off poor poor Lucky.

Elizabeth called the little tart a tramp and while that was oh so satisfying, Elizabeth's smirk and attitude didn't belong on a woman who had just broken her marriage vows at least twice. Also, she did not push Maxie into the river. More's the pity.

Lucky went to flingin' stuff all over the apartment 'cause he's got the DTs and when Elizabeth got home after showing up at Jason's with a big ol' smile on her face and finding Sam there where Liz agreed not to tell anyone that Sam had debased herself with Ric and Sam promised she wouldn't say anything to anyone about Liz cheating on Lucky. Twice! Liz found Lucky all shivery on the couch, and put a cold washcloth on his forehead 'cause that is scientifically proven to help with drug withdrawal. Never mind that silly rehab stuff. Yup, cold washcloths and the love of a good woman is the cure.

Robin got all depressed because April died and it was on Stone's birthday and all of sudden SHE HAS HIV AND IS GOING TO DIE! She took off and left Patrick standing all teary-eyed by the empty bed of the healthiest looking end-stage AIDS dead person I've ever seen. He later found her on the docks and told her to buck up. They then went back to Robin's apt. where she wanted Patrick to help her unpack because she'd decided not to move in with the other women. Then she cried some more and Patrick was sweet and she said, "You picked a lousy time to be wonderful" before stepping into his embrace. It was rather sweet, but the real test will be if it lasts when C-Biscuit comes back to town dragging her Jax behind her.

Alexis explained to Sonny how she's going to fight really hard to beat the cancer, but if she dies, it's important to her that her girls stay together because they're going to need each other so she'd really appreciate it if he'd be a stand up guy and let Ric continue to raise Kristina. Sonny, being the absolute OPPOSITE of a stand up guy, no matter how much Kool-aid the writers want us to drink, says he hopes she lives a long time, but if she doesn't, he'll be taking his daughter, thankyouverymuch and feeding her ice cream until she's chunky like his oldest mobster-in-training and setting her up for one of his enemies to kill. When he left, Alexis had tears in her eyes and you could practically see a little thought bubble over her head as she wondered what in the crap she was thinking when she ever climbed into bed with THAT.

Alexis went home and told her impossibly adorable daughter Kristina that she had a boo-boo on her lung and the doctor was going to do an operation. Then her oldest mattress came home and helped distract Kristina from being sad about Alexis having to go to the hospital. While Alexis was putting Kristina to bed, Ric came home and he and Sam sniped at each other out on the deck, which Alexis later saw through the window.

And somewhere in there Sonny and Jason talked about how Alexis is trying to control things, but ha ha ha! Sonny's going to show her and be more controlling! In other words, business as usual.

Shari
Old 08-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

OH MY GOODNESS....SHARI!!!

Even if I watch GH everyday could you please continue to do a recap for every episode? I love your take on things. It's freakin' hilarious!

C-Biscuit??? Priceless. Skankerbelle? Even better. And wanting Elizabeth to push her off the docks...LOVE IT!

Keep them coming...pretty please!

Glitter Ink
Old 08-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #92
Kookie Creator

Quote:
OH MY GOODNESS....SHARI!!!

Even if I watch GH everyday could you please continue to do a recap for every episode? I love your take on things. It's freakin' hilarious!

Hee! Thank you. Sadly, GH gives me good material. I won't promise everyday, but if I'm feeling inspired, I'll try to come up with SOMETHING. hee!

Shari
Old 08-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharinlilbit
Hee! Thank you. Sadly, GH gives me good material. I won't promise everyday, but if I'm feeling inspired, I'll try to come up with SOMETHING. hee!

Shari
Ok I can accept that.

Glitter Ink
Old 08-22-2006, 07:12 PM   #94
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the glorious recap! I think I enjoy reading your recaps just as much as I enjoy watching the show! Great writing!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #95
Pearl-ExPert

Also...does anyone keep up w/All My Children? I was flipping through the channels earlier and noticed that it looks like they are filming it in a different format?...What's going on???
Old 08-24-2006, 04:25 AM   #96
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to StampToIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaJ
Also...does anyone keep up w/All My Children? I was flipping through the channels earlier and noticed that it looks like they are filming it in a different format?...What's going on???
I noticed the same thing. I don't watch AMC, but I see bits and pieces just because I watch GH & OLTL. If anyone knows, fill us in.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:26 AM   #97
Kookie Creator

Not sure how "inspired" this one is, but here's Wednesday's recap:

Oooo, lookie, Edward and Tracy Quartermaine have escaped from the Senior Citizen Closet and are in the Quartermaine living room lamenting the shoddy batch of condoms ELQ's pharmaceutical division has turned out. Why, bad condoms might allow somebody to get pregnant accidentally! Somebody like Lulu who is lurking outside the patio door and has the look of "So, THAT'S how that happened!" on her face.

Patrick and Robin are all snuggly in her apartment, talking sadly about April and then doin' a little smoochin' when who should pick the lock and peek around the door, but the prettiest spy in town, Anna. She's brought a basket of tea and scones and proceeds to charm the pants off Patrick. (Okay, not really the pants, but he does look bemused.) Patrick leaves after kissing Robin on the forehead, further illustrating he's still not a jerk anymore, at least until C-Biscuit gets home.

Liz wakes up in her teeny, pitiful apartment even though she has a job that pays really well and is married to a cop who is also well compensated and Nik and Jason have paid all their bills, but Guza couldn't be bothered to consider that sort of thing. Lo and behold Lucky is gone! Liz jumps up to head to the docks 'cause that's where lovers and druggies go, and yup, there's Lucky, busting the dealer who supplies Skankerbelle. He takes the drugs away from the dude and puts them in his pocket, just as Liz shows up in the background, and lucky for Lucky, Det. Rodriguez comes along and Lucky sends the dealer and his drugs off with him, after the Det. says he looks awful and he says he's just getting over the flu. Liz rides up on her great big high horse and starts in on Lucky about telling lies. Lucky, if he had any sense would jump out of the way of the lightning bolt that's sure to strike Liz any day now.

Batman's butler goes over the evening menu with Nik -- he's had the cook prepare all of Miss Umily's favorites. Nanny Vulcan shows up and says the humidity is just too harsh on Spencer's tender baby skin and can they please, pretty please go to Greece for the weekend? Nik, proving that he's just not that bright after all, says "sure!"

There's more ranting about bad condoms at the Quartermaine's. Dillon shows up and he and Lulu tell everyone the rabbit croaked. Edward gets busy arranging the wedding.

Anna and Robin sit on the couch and Robin manages to avoid saying anything about the UGLY top her mom is wearing because she's being so sweet and supportive.

Liz and Lucky go back to the apartment and argue. Rehab! No! Rehab! No! BAM! Lucky's gun goes off accidentally, but that's okay, they'll just say it's the tv.

Umily goes to see Nik and sticks her pretty, but poorly acted nose into Lulu's business and tells Nik his sister is all knocked up. He then bursts the Vulcan's balloon by canceling the trip to Greece.

Back to the Bickersons', where Liz is still teetering on that high horse of hers. A knock comes on the door and it's Edward, slumming to inform them that Lulu's not having a bastard baby and it'll be raised a Quartermaine, of course. (Yeah, like Bradley Ward was, sure.) Lucky takes this news about as well as you'd expect a drug addicted, insecure fellow would.

Lulu goes to Kelly's where Georgie is working and tells her about the blow up at the Quartermaine's. Georgie continues being far more mature than I would be, but the facade is starting to slip a little...either that or somebody peed in her corn flakes that morning. Dillon shows up wearing his idiot mask while everybody dances around the abortion elephant in the room, but shhhhh, nobody actually says the word.

Somewhere in there there's a scene between Tracy and Dillon, but my father is in the hospital with a fluidy gall bladder, so I missed it.

Lucky goes back out and makes a phone call saying, "Hey, Skankerbelle, put on your trampy shoes and bring me some pills, girl!"

Lulu goes to see the Laura mannequin at the crazy house and says she doesn't want to have a baby who'll grow up and realize she wasn't wanted like Luke and Laura didn't want her.

Patrick and Robin are at the hospital and he tries to get her to operate with him (no, really, do surgery!), but she won't. After she gives him a sweet little kiss, she goes around the corner and sinks to the floor crying. And Robert and Mac, two people who ought to be around supporting her and sticking their noses in where they don't belong are still locked up in the Senior Closet.)

Thursday on GH: Alexis is on. That's reason enough to watch.

Shari
Old 08-24-2006, 06:36 AM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Shari - SIMPLY FABULOUS! I might have to just stop watching the show all together. You make it so much better when I read about it! LOL!

I wanted to pop in here and say my $.02 about the whole Nik/Spencer/Nanny thing.

First of all...let me preface this by saying I am a nanny...and do you know what my name is??? COLLEEN!

I hate this storyline...because not only is this girl named Colleen and she is a MEAN/MANIPULATING....but she is a NANNY...and she is so creepy looking and a HORRIBLE actress, if I do say so myself. The only thing cool is that I get to hear Nik say my name. LOL! But he gets a big fat "F" in the father dept...one because he is so stupid to fall for Nanny Colleen's stupid lies...but it's like he has nothing to do with his son. She is the one that gets up with him in the middle of the night? She was telling Nik and Emily to be QUIET the other night because they would wake the baby. GET REALY! If Nik wanted to scream in his house he should be able to...and those walls are like STONE! Plus...a little noise is good for a baby - so they can learn to sleep through it. A good nanny would know that!

GRRRR!

Thanks for listening! LOL!

Glitter Ink
Old 08-24-2006, 06:50 AM   #99
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I hate this storyline...because not only is this girl named Colleen and she is a MEAN/MANIPULATING....but she is a NANNY...and she is so creepy looking and a HORRIBLE actress, if I do say so myself. The only thing cool is that I get to hear Nik say my name. LOL! But he gets a big fat "F" in the father dept...one because he is so stupid to fall for Nanny Colleen's stupid lies...but it's like he has nothing to do with his son. She is the one that gets up with him in the middle of the night? She was telling Nik and Emily to be QUIET the other night because they would wake the baby. GET REALY! If Nik wanted to scream in his house he should be able to...and those walls are like STONE! Plus...a little noise is good for a baby - so they can learn to sleep through it. A good nanny would know that! GRRRR!
Sorry but I have to throw this in there... how often do you really see the "children"... I mean - where is Molly half the time? These people have babies and then they all hire nanny's to take care of them... That's a soap for you. Just my .02
Old 08-24-2006, 07:28 AM   #100
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_Hockey
Sorry but I have to throw this in there... how often do you really see the "children"... I mean - where is Molly half the time? These people have babies and then they all hire nanny's to take care of them... That's a soap for you. Just my .02
When was the last time we saw someone on GH have a baby and actually *shock* raise it themselves? Was it Laura? Heck, I don't even see why Alexis needs a nanny -- hasn't she heard of day-care?

Shari
Old 08-24-2006, 06:47 PM   #101
Kookie Creator

No time for a recap today, but I did want to say that other than the scenes with Sonny yammering and stammering and (pause) flailing his (pause) arms about while Jason stared, blinked, and stared some more, today's ep was actually quite good.

NLG continues to own me and the scenes between Alexis and Nik were fantastic. Sam's still trash, but I'm enjoying her guilt and, unlike Rick, I think deep down she wants to love Alexis. Loved Alexis telling Lainey that Rick had sex with her daughter. Not HIS daughter, but still... and laughing about it, because really? What else can she do? It IS absurd.

Julie Berman still breaks my heart and FINALLY we get a scene between her and Robert, who was looking mighty fine, all tan and muscleishious. Lulu holding Spencer (did y'all get a look at the HUGE head on that baby?!) and crying was particularly good. So was her talk with Umily, who, for a change, I did not hate. Well, until she gushed to Nik about how he'd saved her from her Cancer (stupid Cancer...wimped out on us and didn't solve the Emily problem. Hmph). Hello?! Zander? Remember him? You know, the husband you cheated on?

But yeah, good episode. No C-Biscuit. Can't be a coincidence.

Shari
Old 08-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #102
Goober-E LOST-E

OK so I'm JUST finding this thread!!
Where have I been? On an island!

SO, got to go back and read what's what here before I gripe!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:01 PM   #103
Goober-E LOST-E

I feel more chemistry between Jason & Liz than I ever have w/ Jason & Sam or Lucky & Liz.

Sorry.
Hope I don't offend anyone. THey just really seem to care.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:42 AM   #104
Pearl-ExPert

One quick ?- How did Alexis know or find out about her cancer?

AMC is being flimed this way because it had a story line of opening a new club and they wanted to have an "edge". Everything I've read says it will be ending soon. I hope so, cause it's annoying!
Old 08-25-2006, 05:11 AM   #105
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairy queen
One quick ?- How did Alexis know or find out about her cancer?
She'd been coughing, so she went to the doctor and after they thought it was a couple of minor things, but it didn't get better, they did a chest X-Ray and discovered the spot on her lung.

Not that we SAW any of this, of course. That would have taken away from the scene after scene we got of Sonny trying to decide if he was going to swallow the dadgum pill or Sam dripping snot everywhere.

Shari
Old 08-25-2006, 07:20 AM   #106
Pearl-ExPert

Shari,
You are the funniest thing!! i enjoy reading your re-caps more than I enjoy watching the show! Keep em' coming, because it brightens my day!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:50 AM   #107
Pearl-ExPert

I haven't heard any rumors that she is leaving the show, they're going to HAVE to save her. I wonder how they are going to explain how she might have developed it.
I'm kind of suprised that ABC is doing a lung cancer story line. With Asa Buchanan (OLTL) don't know his real name, and his real life battle with lung cancer. Maybe they're doing this as a tribute sort of thing. Last I heard, he was reacting well to treatment.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #108
Pearl-ExPert

Shari...if you have time to do a Friday (today) recap....I'd sure love it! I missed again today for another appointment! I seriously enjoy your recaps! Thanks for keeping us smiling!!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:01 PM   #109
Kookie Creator

Check back later tomorrow -- I'll have one up sometime then. Meant to do one tonight but my dad was having surgery, so my mind has been on a different hospital.

Shari

Last edited by sharinlilbit; 08-25-2006 at 07:17 PM..
Old 08-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #110
Pearl-ExPert

I missed again today, too. I am going to try to catch up on them tomorrow. I'm sure that something will come up and I will have to catch the Friday show on Monday morning.
Shari, I hope your Dad is doing well.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #111
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Shari! Hope all is well with your dad! Let us know how he's doing!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:24 PM   #112
Kookie Creator

This recap may be a little spotty -- I missed a couple of scenes yesterday while talking to my mom at the hospital. And thanks, AubrieB & MommaJ, my dad is doing well, now that his dead and gangrenous gall bladder has been removed!

Friday's recap --

Lucky, looking rather drug-addled and bum-like, fumbles trying to open his apartment door, but he finally gets it open only to find Patrick and Elizabeth making the beast with two backs in the sofa bed. But it's okay because the purple light of porn is shining down on them to indicate it's all a bad dream, unlike when the purple light of porn was last employed for Ric and Reese, which was all too real. Lucky sits straight up in bed, and Liz pretends she's worried about him and calls him "babe." He doesn't tell her about his dream, kinda like she doesn't tell him about having sex with Jason.

Later, Liz talks on the phone to Audrey. She does this on the phone because Audrey is so very old and therefore not allowed to be seen in person more than once a month. If that. Lucky hears Liz ask Audrey to keep Cameron a little while longer, and when she gets off the phone, he tells her she should go see Cameron. She's a little reluctant to do that because her husband is a drug-addled bum who likes skanky teenage girls, but luckily (Ha!) Nik arrives to Lucky-sit. Liz says she's going to go see Cameron and since Nik can stay for a while, she'll go to GH and catch up on some work, because nurses don't work enough already during their regular shifts that they frequently just decide to drop in and do a little paper work. *insert rolling eyeballs*

The fuzzy part would be here, but Nik and Lucky have a tense conversation about something, but my guess is it was about Lucky being paranoid about Patrick, being a drug-addled bum, and having a thing for skanks. Lucky does regain his senses enough to point out to brother dear that he's got some cheating in his past, too...*cough*****tneycough*. If he hadn't killed off so many brain cells with the drugs, he might have been able to throw Nik and Umily's cheating on Zander up in his face, too.

Alexis is sitting on the couch talking straight to the camera to her girls, making a video tape for them to watch after she's kicked the bucket. She doesn't get very far before she uses a handy-dandy remote to stop the camera and sit there looking perplexed. Clearly she's unsure about what to say next -- does she tell Kristina on her 10th or 13th birthday about her daddy being responsible for blowing up mommy's only sister and does Daddy Rick cheating on mommy with Uncle Sonny's cast-off provide the right *oomph* for Molly's 16th birthday party, or should she go with the real crowd-pleaser of big sister Sam being such total trash that she sexed up Daddy Rick AND Uncle Sonny? It IS a dilemma.

Sam and Kristina coming in saves Alexis from having to think about it for a while. Kristina really wants to know what's on the tape now and nearly turns it on, but Alexis and Sam stop her and shoo her off to wherever Molly is hiding off-stage. Alexis tells Sam what she's doing and asks what *she'd* like to hear from her mother if she were in Kristina and Molly's places. Sam tears up and is almost sympathetic as she answers Alexis, saying she'd want to know that Alexis loved her, no matter what she'd done (like having sex with her husband), that Alexis had fought as hard as she could to live because she didn't want to leave her, etc.

Later Alexis, Sam, and Kristina went to General Hospital for the pre-op exam. Patrick, who is not only a neurosurgeon, but also fills in for oncologists because he is SUPER DOCTOR! told Alexis he'd be doing the exam and discussing treatment options with her. Kristina wanted to go, too, but Patrick was all sweet and good with her, sending women all over the country swooning in front of their televisions and suggested instead that she and Sam go down to the pier where there's a carnival because there probably won't be mobster bullets flying around in broad daylight.

After the exam, Patrick tries to be all hopeful for Alexis but she tells him to cut the bull and he says she probably oughta be making arrangements for her kids, just in case.

Jason and Sonny have mobster conversation #1,7539,326 and my eyes AND EARS glaze over. Somewhere in all the mumblings there was something about Sonny not letting Rick raise Kristina so he was going to have to tell Alexis about Sam and Rick. (*giggle* Joke's on him 'cause she already knows and she STILL doesn't want your mobster butt to have Kristina!) Jason blinks and stares and blinks some more as he thinks about the tower of secrets he, Sam, and Liz have built coming tumbling down. Sonny finally agrees to talk to Sam before he does anything.

Ms. Sneed from GH calls Sonny and while twirling her moustache, asks if he wants April's person effects sent over to him, since she's dead and he had taken a contrived interest in her. He says "No, dummy! I can't throw my midget self around over the phone -- I'm coming over there!"

Robin is still all depressed about April and Stone and herself. Patrick tries to get her to scrub in with him on a surgery, saying he needs the consult and that he'll let her play with his special instrument. Since she's already played with it, she turns him down and walks off.

Umily comes into the women's locker room and finds Liz in there crying. She'd gone to see Cameron and it was hard to leave him and she didn't know what to tell him. Umily gives her standard buck-up speech and commiserates with Liz because "knows what it's like when someone cheats on you." Yes. Yes, she does, and she also knows what it's like to cheat on her husband, the little tramp.

Speaking of little tramps...who should be on the other side of some lockers, eavesdropping and looking skanky? Yup, it's Skankerbelle. She has the nerve to roll her eyes when she hears Liz and Umily refer to her as a tramp.

Sonny shows up to meet with Ms. Sneed and Mr. "I don't threaten women"...uhhh, threatens Ms. Sneed. He mumbles and blusters and stamps his little foot and tells her he was a friend of Stone Cates. She is properly put in her place by him 'cause he's the man and she's just a dumb girl. Looking through April's things, Sonny finds a letter to Robin and when she wanders into his web, he gives it to her, which she reads aloud, in a scene not unlike when Sonny gave Robin a letter from Stone back before Sonny became The Character that Ate My Show.

This perks Robin up enough that she joins Patrick in the scrub room to get ready to assist him in surgery. She smiles a little at him and they're all cute like wee bunnies.

Sam and Kristina are on the docks after having fun at the carnival and naturally, it being a prime hang-out for cold-blooded killers, they run into Jason. Now, we knew that was going to happen because Sam had been pointing out the boats to Kristina and telling her that Jason's was bigger than everyone else's. *coughHewishescough* Well, of course Kristina wants to ride on Jason's boat, 'cause Guza thinks all the women do, and Sam says they should call Alexis and ask her if she wants her small daughter killed.

Alexis, in the middle of her exam, which by the way ought to include checking to see if the cancer has invaded her brain, asks to speak to Jason and tells him she wants him to promise there's not a bomb on the boat and that no one with a high-powered rifle will shoot her daughter. He assures her nothing will happen, and she inexplicably takes the word of someone who caught her oldest daughter when she was shot right in front of him. Patrick, check her BRAIN!

Nik and Lucky arrive at the hospital for Lucky's NA meeting, but he manages to get lost on purpose on the way to the room and who should step out of a storage closet, but Skankerbelle, dangling her goods (just pills this time) in front of Lucky while psychedelic patterns swirl in his eyes.

Next week on GH: Our blessed vacation is over. C-Biscuit is back.

Shari

Last edited by sharinlilbit; 08-26-2006 at 02:30 PM..
Old 08-26-2006, 03:34 PM   #113
Goober-E LOST-E

OH MY GOSH!! SHARI!!!!!!!
Too funny!
I love the visual of the purple light of porn!

Eyes glazing over about mobster talk #1,7539,326.
You are SO right!

Thanks for the excellent recap. I think you need a GH job - I bet you could spice up the writing over there.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #114
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32
Thanks for the excellent recap. I think you need a GH job - I bet you could spice up the writing over there.
Thank you! I doubt they'd hire me though -- I'd give off serial killer vibes 'cause for sure I'd go on a murdering spree and kill off a whole bunch of characters. Y'all can probably guess which ones by now. hee!

Shari
Old 08-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #115
Pearl-ExPert

Shari, glad your father seems to be doing better after surgery! With all that you have on your mind, thank you for your highly imaginative wording of our "Daily Recap"!! You are really an amazing writer!!...Seriously!! Just curious as to if you've taken creative writing classes or if this stuff just rolls off your tongue and pen naturally!???? You crack me up and make me laugh! Thanks again! (I hate to admit it but I actually REALLY like Jason and even like Carly and Sonny too!! I can't STAND "Skankerbelle" and the Lucky story line though!!)

Have a great evening and hope your dad is recovering comfortably!!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 AM   #116
Kookie Creator

Hey thanks, MommaJ!

No, I haven't taken a single creative writing class. The closest I've come to creative writing is dabbling in fanfic for "The X-Files" back in the day. If I had to actually be imaginative with characters of my own making, I'd probably stink up the joint.

I'll just stick to making fun of other people's characters. hee!

Shari
Old 08-31-2006, 11:45 AM   #117
Kookie Creator

Okay, I don't know why a lightning bolt from the sky didn't come right down and strike Carly dead when she dared express sympathy for Kristina and Molly -- it was just a few days before when the witch was telling Alexis that the girls would be better off if Alexis were dead.

Oy, I think my head is going to explode! As much as I hate Sonny, and I think y'all might have picked up on that fact (hee!), that's nothing compared to how much I hate Carly. Argh! Ack!

Oh, and here's another who needs struck down by a hypocritical bolt -- when Sonny's medical records are stolen, the sky is falling, the sky is falling! And yet he has no qualms at all about breaking into Alexis's medical information. HATE!

Shari

Last edited by sharinlilbit; 08-31-2006 at 11:55 AM..
Old 09-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #118
Goober-E LOST-E

I'm going to need a good recap for Friday and maybe Monday.
We're going out of town tonight so I'll miss the repeat on SoapNet tonight and I'm not sure we'll be home in time on Monday.

BOO!!

I bet I could just miss 2 and still be able to catch up. It IS a soap after all!!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #119
Polyshrink Goddess

Yep, you probably could! My show isn't on until late tonight because the Packers & Titans are playing at 3. I guess they'd rather show that than GH- the nerve huh? J/K, I love the Pack too!
Old 09-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #120
Kookie Creator

I'm going to try a little something different -- doing the recap storyline by storyline, instead of chronologically. I should warn you though...if that makes it seem as if Carly is butting her nose into just about every storyline today -- well, that's pretty much how it was.

Friday's recap:

Lulu and Dillon continued their argument in the Q's living room about what she should do about the baby. Dillon sat and sulked on the couch while Lulu listed all the ways a baby would change his life and all the people it would effect, asking if he was going to have the baby hanging in its Snugli from the back of his director's chair, like she really believes Dillon's going to be the next Spielberg and isn't just a kid with really bad hair.

She left and went to the pier where she met Liz who was responding to Lulu's message. Lulu caught Liz up on what was going on and drove home again the point that the condom failed and there's probably going to be a population explosion in Port Charles in eight months. The camera zooms in on Liz's trying not to look worried face, just in case the audience is too stupid to figure things out. Liz again tells Lulu that Lucky is just trying to protect her, but she really needs to find someone unbiased to talk to, someone who will be there just for her.

Later, while Liz is at work, Lulu stops by to talk to her and Edward approaches and says she'd better not be there for an abortion, and she informs Edward that if he tries to force her to have the baby, she'll be going to the media with the news about the bad condoms and that ELQ is to blame for all the accidental pregnancies. Cue close-up on Liz thinking about sex with the Borg and hoping he didn't use the family condom.

Lulu, clearly scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to choosing people to confide in, shows up at C-Biscuit's stable and through tears from the get-go, blurts out that she's pregnant. C-Biscuit manages to rein herself in (hee!) and comforts Lulu, telling her about being given up for adoption and how she felt about Bobbie and that she used to be self-centered and vengeful (yeah, like about a month ago), but she's glad her mother didn't abort her and after having two children (well, one child and one demon spawn) herself, she didn't think she could have an abortion, but that Lulu had to decide what was best for her.

--

Alexis and Sam show up at the hospital for the surgery -- they're met not by oncologists or oncology surgeons, but Patrick and Robin, a neurosurgeon and researcher, primarily. Must be medicine as practiced by GH. Seems Noah will not be performing the surgery after all, because....say it with me -- He's too old and can't come out of the Seniors Closet! Patrick's going to do it, but before Alexis signs the consent forms, he tells her that he was exposed to HIV but hey, there's only a little chance you'll get it, so could you please sign this? Robin assures Alexis the risk is miniscule, but they give Alexis a chance to think about it.

In the hospital room now, Sam and Alexis are unpacking her bag when Robin comes in wanting to know Alexis's decision about Patrick. Alexis asks Sam what she should do and Sam tells her to sign, which she does. Alexis finds the framed photo of her and her girls in her bag and she and Sam share a hug while every emotion imaginable flashes across Alexis's face. Sam also pulls out pajamas and a robe that she got Alexis for after the operation as part of the writers' campaign to make Sam out to be the dutiful daughter and Ric, who so far hasn't shown his face at the hospital, to be the skeevy one who took advantage of Sam, never mind that she was out to seduce him weeks before anything happened.

Sam leaves so Alexis can change, and after Alexis is in bed, Jax comes bringing her an orchid. They're cute and adorable together and Jax is acting like a true supportive friend, not like the spineless wimp of weeks ago who stood by while C-Biscuit attacked and insulted two of his dearest friends. Robin comes by to talk to Alexis and Jax greets her like the old friend she is and says they need to get together. Robin tells him to call her sometime (like when he learns to stand up to C-Biscuit and not let her be nasty to his friends.)

Later Alexis is being wheeled for another X-Ray when she sees Jason and Sam talking beside the nurse's station. She jumps like she's been shot by one of Jason's many bullets. Later back in her room, Det. Rodriquez is taking a file from Alexis when Sam comes in and shoos him out. Alexis tells Sam she knows she's asking a hard thing, but she wants Sam to promise that no matter what, even if Jason asks Sam to come back and be his mob moll and sit around his apartment with nothing else to do but cry and keep his cheesy mac warm for him, she won't get back with him.

--

Lucky meets Skankerbelle on the docks saying he hasn't had a chance to yell at Lulu anymore, and he's running out of the drugs so he needs some more. Skankerbelle, completely obvious to the fact that her dinners are about to fall out of her skanky shirt, says she doesn't think she wants to be getting his drugs if she's not going to get lucky. (Get it? Get Lucky... see, this is why I don't write creatively.) She ends up giving them to him anyway, but makes it clear she's expecting some of the good stuff.

She hadn't hardly flitted off until Lucky's popping the pills. Liz shows up later and tells him what a good job he's doing getting through withdrawl, and Lucky sounds all sensible and calm, but that's just the drugs talking.

--

Sonny mumbles and stumbles at Jason about how all his medical records in Lainey's office were stolen and he wants Jason to find out who did it and, like the good man he is, he wants Jason to shut them up. Just to be clear, they aren't talking about putting duct tape over their mouth.

Jason goes to the hospital and is all flirty with Liz and asks her where to find a copy room in the hospital that's near an exit. She looks at him funny, but when he says he's not going to steal anything (nah, he's just going to kill someone if he finds them. Oh, okay!), she tells him. Finding the room, Jason goes outside and digs in a dumpster looking for Sonny's records, which he may or may not have found...I was dazed by the sheer excitement of the storyline.

While he was at the hospital, he ran into Sam and spent some time listening to her but then told her he had business to take care of and took off, never mind that last year when he was constipated and afraid to die, she stood by him. When he gets back to Sonny, the oh so wise and holy Sonny senses that Jason is upset and Jason tells him about seeing Sam and then thinking about Ric, and Jason actually yells for a change and gets mad. But Sonny, in his great wisdom, tells Jason he needs to learn to forgive -- Sam, not Ric, of course, and wonder of wonders, Sonny did NOT spontaneously combust from his hypocrisy. Because Sonny is such a paragon of forgiveness and grace, he knows what of he speaks. Move over, Dr. Phil, it's Dr. Sonny to the rescue -- if he can't cure you, he'll just shut you up.

--

Jax and Carly went around and around about why Jax left her and she said she wasn't going to jump through hoops for any man ever again, and Jax said he knew that, that he was going to jump through hoops for her. Aaaaand, there went his spine.

Carly went to Sonny's and barged in without knocking, interrupting his session with Lainey, who disappeared as if she'd never been there while C-Biscuit whinnied about Jax and Dr. Sonny analyzed her.

--

Liz went to Jason's apartment and conned Bennie into letting her look for something she'd left there, but she was really looking for bad condoms and she found them! Oops.

--
Umm, that's it. The end was Alexis asking Sam to stay away from Jason. Maybe it IS better to do it chronologically.

Personal opinions... (as if all of the above wasn't anyway. *g*)

GH's hiring of Julie Berman was quite the coup. If there's any justice at all, she'll have an Emmy nom next time. That girl is GOLD.

I hate it, but I'm loving Alexis and Sam together. Keep Sam away from the Borg and guilt-ridden over betraying her mother and I could grow to like this girl.

Jaxis is as sparkly and wonderful as ever. After the baby-stealing debacle, I thought Jax was deadtome, but put him back with Alexis and I remember what I liked about the guy, but just as it is with Patrick, who has mostly redeemed himself to me, the real test will come when they're faced with C-Biscuit and she starts in on Alexis and/or Robin. If a smackdown doesn't come immediately, all bets are off.

I do NOT get what the big deal is about Sonny's medical records being stolen. He told Jason there was nothing incriminating in them, nothing about the "bidness." So what if there's personal stuff in there? It's not like it all hasn't been laid out in the open for years. Everybody knows Sonny's claustrophobic, has mommy issues, brother issues, likes to throw glassware, threatens and abuses women. Big stinkin' deal.

NLG continues to rock -- here's a woman who makes everyone in the scene with her better than usual. (This doesn't, however, mean I want to see MB/Sonny anywhere near her.)

Shari