Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2006, 07:19 AM   #41
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampToIt
What is with Alexis' hair?!? It looks horrible.
She said at her Fan Club event at the Soap Fan Weekend last weekend that the hair person had turned her hair orange and that when they tried to fix it, it ended up looking like we've seen it the last week or so. People at the fan event said her hair was looking much better so hopefully that'll be seen on the show soon.

Shari
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Oh My!! I feel so sorry for LuLu. I wanted to cry when she was talking to her Mom. It will be interesting to see where this is headed. Maybe that's why Laura is coming back??

I really don't like what they have done with Lucky's character. I feel so bad for Elizabeth. She just gets crapped on with every guy that she is with.

Who knows what is wrong with Alexis? Does she have lung cancer or something like that?
Old 08-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #43
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubrieB
Who knows what is wrong with Alexis? Does she have lung cancer or something like that?

Mostly she has Crappedonbythewritersitis, but yes, spoilers indicate she has lung cancer.

Shari
Old 08-09-2006, 05:00 AM   #44
Polyshrink Goddess

I know what you mean about Lucky... it seems like the writers pick specific characters and only the "bad" stuff happens to them... Lucky almost dies in the train reck, Lucky hurts his back, Lucky gets addicted .... blah, blah, blah.

I'm interested to see where the LuLu/Dillion thing heads now that they have a "connection".

Although, I was unhappy to read the spoilers this week about the brown outs! I'll white it out in case someone doesn't want to know...

But... Sam & Rick hook up as well as Elizabeth and Jason! I personally am a HUGE Sam/Jason fan and am upset at they way they are taking that story line.

Sometimes, I think GH is really good, but other times they just drag out these really boring storylines... We'll see what they do with Patrick & Robin, I hope this situation brings them closer together....
Just my .02 cents!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:23 AM   #45
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to StampToIt

I've really got my hopes up on all the storylines that seem to be gearing up.......Maxi/Lucky/Elizabeth/Jason/Patrick..........Alexis/Sam/Rick........Jax/Carly.......Emily/Nickolas........Lulu/Laura.........I think Laura comes back shortly after Luke's anual3 month summer vacation. Where do you ready the spoilers at????
Old 08-09-2006, 05:25 AM   #46
Polyshrink Goddess

These are the two I check weekly:

http://soapzone.com/newsroom.php/gh/scoops
http://generalhospital.about.com/od/...a/ghscoops.htm
Old 08-10-2006, 04:52 AM   #47
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you Sara for the two websites. Did anyone watch yesterday? Can you believe Lucky? I don't like they way they portray him like this.

I just read something about Elizabeth & Jason. It didn't actually say they sleep together. I think it said they lay down together. If Jason jumps into be with anyone I'm quiting the show. That would be so out of character and unreal if Jason just slept with someone for the heck of it. Just kidding - I won't quit watching. Actually, Elizabeth is so beautiful, I'd like to see her back with Jason or even Patrick. Hey, Jason & Robin can get back together!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:55 AM   #48
Polyshrink Goddess

You're welcome.

I don't know ... I'm a HUGE Jason/Sam .. Robin/Patrick fan. I'd like to see Elizabeth with someone ... but I'm not sure who.

I agree with you about Lucky... why can't he ever just get a good storyline? Why does he always have to be the guy that everything happens to?
Old 08-10-2006, 07:22 AM   #49
Inking Addict

Quote:
That would be so out of character and unreal if Jason just slept with someone for the heck of it.
I agree, but I think he might if he caught Sam and Rick together.

I hate the Lucky lines, driven me mad. I want the old lucky back, not this drugged up wimpy guy.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #50
Pearl-ExPert

I'm with the ones that want Jason and Liz back together. I was all for him and Sam, but she really gets on my nerves now. I can't belive that she is going to sleep with Rick. Nevermind, yes I can!! I can't wait to see how today plays out. I would like to pinch Maxie's head off!! She is such a be-yotch!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #51
Kookie Creator

Well, the show still stinks up the joint, but THIS was a thing of beauty:

Quote:
Alexis: I'm done. Sam, I am done fighting for you. I am done trying to save you. And the interesting thing is that you never asked me to and it's evident that you don't want me to so you win, I'm done.

You wanna spend the rest of your life with Jason, being his plaything, being his appendage, taking orders from him, and getting shot at? That is entirely up to you. I'm not going to do anything to stop you because it is clear to me that you have absolutely no self-respect. You have no identity of your own so being with Jason is your only option, isn't it?

If I were you I wouldn't go to school, I wouldn't go to college, I wouldn't go to law school. Why don't you just let Jason take care of you for the rest of your life because that way you don't have to think. Wouldn't that be great? Get out. GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! I don't want you poisoning your sister's minds with your PATHETIC, degraded attitude.
That reminds me of Alexis's great speech to Sonny, Jason, and Roy Smith at her sister's funeral.

Of course Sam goes right ahead and proves SHE is trash by having sex with her *stepfather.* They're both scum.

One unintentionally hilarious moment today was Sonny telling Lainey that Lorenzo has a God complex. LOL! Hello, Pot? Meet kettle.

So glad to see Carly head off to find Jax -- I'm sure Laura Wright must be exhausted from being in every storyline on the canvas. I know I'll be happy not to see Carly sticking her nose in everyone else's business for a while.

Shari
Old 08-11-2006, 04:53 AM   #52
Rubber Obsessor

Ooooooh this is getting good. GH writers must be doing something right. They have us all fired up. I have to say, Laura Wright is one great actress! She's not particularly pretty, but she plays Carly sooooo well. Can't wait to see her and Jax back together.......or better yet fighting their way back together! Also, Kelly Monoco is such a good actress too. I hope something amazing is coming up for her too. She's too good for the path she's on right now. I think maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised at the outcome of Sam. Wouldn't Sam & Patrick be good together? I agree though, I want Robin & Patrick together.

I think the problem with Lucky is that we don't particulary like Greg Vaughan and would love to see Jacob Young back in the role. I don't watch All My Children but I've seen him over there and he plays a really good "Mean Guy"

Anyway, I think today's episode will be a good one!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:54 AM   #53
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I think the problem with Lucky is that we don't particulary like Greg Vaughan and would love to see Jacob Young back in the role.
Oh, heavens...I'd have to poke my eye out with a spork. I do like Greg Vaughan, despite his deficits as an actor. He's way better looking than Jacob Young, IMO, and even though he's in no way close to the caliber of Jonathan Jackson, he acts circles around the job JY (aka Yeller McYellerson) did as Lucky. Ugh, he was awful! The year the Emmy voters gave him an Emmy was the year I knew the Emmy voters were a few bricks shy of a load. (And handing one to Natalia Livingstone a few years later cinched it.)

The problem is the writers insist on crapping all over this character and even before he got addicted to drugs, he still behaved completely unlike original Lucky.

Jacob Young might be fitting into his role on AMC better than he did with Lucky -- If I remember correctly from the brief time I watched that soap, he's not exactly a good guy, so maybe old Yeller particular acting choices work better for JR, but he never seemed like a son Luke and Laura would have.

Shari
Old 08-11-2006, 07:42 AM   #54
Polyshrink Goddess

It will be interesting what will happen to the Luke/Tracy, Elizabeth/Lucky/Maxie, and Lulu storylines when Laura returns. I didn't watch the show when Laura was on, so I'm interested to see how these all play out with her return in October....
Old 08-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #55
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharinlilbit
Oh, heavens...I'd have to poke my eye out with a spork. I do like Greg Vaughan, despite his deficits as an actor. He's way better looking than Jacob Young, IMO, and even though he's in no way close to the caliber of Jonathan Jackson, he acts circles around the job JY (aka Yeller McYellerson) did as Lucky. Ugh, he was awful! The year the Emmy voters gave him an Emmy was the year I knew the Emmy voters were a few bricks shy of a load. (And handing one to Natalia Livingstone a few years later cinched it.)
I completely agree. Jacob Young was the worst of the 3 Luckys. He is fine over on All My Children. I preferred Greg Vaughan with lighter hair, but his story line and all the bad stuff that keeps happening to Lucky is not GV's fault.

If Sam gets pregnant after sleeping with Rick, that means that she and her mother will have both gotten pregnant with both brothers. Right?

I can never make up my mind about who I want Jason to be with. Steve Burton has so much chemistry with everyone. When he is in scenes with Elizabeth, I want him with her, but when he is in scenes with Sam, I route for them to be together.
Member #68181
Old 08-12-2006, 08:15 AM   #56
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape
If Sam gets pregnant after sleeping with Rick, that means that she and her mother will have both gotten pregnant with both brothers. Right?
Yes, and that's just the kind of thing the sick mind of Guza would love.

Quote:
I can never make up my mind about who I want Jason to be with. Steve Burton has so much chemistry with everyone. When he is in scenes with Elizabeth, I want him with her, but when he is in scenes with Sam, I route for them to be together.
Oh, I know exactly who I want Jason with -- some gigantic serial killer named Tiny in the nearest penal farm after Alexis finally succeeds in sending his butt to prison for the many people he has killed.

While I hated that Lulu spilled her secret to Sonny or had anything to do with him at all (Where was Robert? Now *there's* a friend of her father's they could have had her talk to.), I did laugh at her question "You got somebody pregnant by accident?! Who??" A better question would be who *hasn't* Sonny gotten pregnant by accident.

I didn't find myself hating Sonny yesterday for a change. Wait, I take that back -- I still hate him and would love nothing better than for MB to be off the show, but I didn't feel my blood pressure rising while watching his scenes and I didn't consider chunking a shoe at the TV. That's a switch! I think the difference was that he wasn't the focus for a change, and he was in scenes with good actors (Julie Berman & NLG). NLG has a way of making everyone around her look better, and that's definitely true with MB.

Still, I don't like the hints that the Sexis friendship, at least, might be rekindled. The only r'ship I want to see Alexis have with Sonny is that of D.A. and scum-sucking criminal.

Noticed two things about the Sic scene -- one, that lake house must have some really good sound insulation. Alexis was clomping across the deck, she and Jason carried on an entire conversation, and she practically hacked up a lung out there, but Ric and Sam never heard a thing? And two, that Ric sure has a lot of stamina. I mean, they were going at it when Alexis arrived and saw them, and then enough time passed for Alexis and Jason to talk outside, for him to drive her to the hospital, then drive back, and when he goes to the door, Sic's *still* at it. I guess that explains why Alexis has stayed with him, despite him being a cheater and jerk much of the time.

I did think GH actually seemed like a soap for a change, instead of a poor man's knock off of "The Sopranos."

Shari
Old 08-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #57
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharinlilbit
Oh, I know exactly who I want Jason with -- some gigantic serial killer named Tiny in the nearest penal farm after Alexis finally succeeds in sending his butt to prison for the many people he has killed.

While I hated that Lulu spilled her secret to Sonny or had anything to do with him at all (Where was Robert? Now *there's* a friend of her father's they could have had her talk to.), I did laugh at her question "You got somebody pregnant by accident?! Who??" A better question would be who *hasn't* Sonny gotten pregnant by accident.

I didn't find myself hating Sonny yesterday for a change. Wait, I take that back -- I still hate him and would love nothing better than for MB to be off the show, but I didn't feel my blood pressure rising while watching his scenes and I didn't consider chunking a shoe at the TV. That's a switch! I think the difference was that he wasn't the focus for a change, and he was in scenes with good actors (Julie Berman & NLG). NLG has a way of making everyone around her look better, and that's definitely true with MB.

Still, I don't like the hints that the Sexis friendship, at least, might be rekindled. The only r'ship I want to see Alexis have with Sonny is that of D.A. and scum-sucking criminal.

I did think GH actually seemed like a soap for a change, instead of a poor man's knock off of "The Sopranos."

Shari
I'm not quite sure how you feel about Sonny and Jason. Could you be a little more clear?
Member #68181
Old 08-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #58
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I'm not quite sure how you feel about Sonny and Jason. Could you be a little more clear?
I *could*, but I try not to use such language.

Shari
Old 08-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #59
Pearl-ExPert

I loved today's show!!! In a perfect GH world, Jason would leave the "business" and just marry Liz!! That would make me sooo happy after today's show.

I am now officially NOT a fan of Sam or Ric. I think that the both of them are TRASH!!

Lucky needs to get in some rehab and Nic and Em just need to get back together already!!

Is Sam really leaving the show?
Old 08-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #60
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I loved today's show!!! In a perfect GH world, Jason would leave the "business" and just marry Liz!! That would make me sooo happy after today's show.
I'd love to see him leave the business, but I'd still hate to see Liz have anything more to do with him. Leaving the business or not, it won't change the fact that he has been a cold-blooded killer who has never paid for his crimes. That said, I *still* think there's a greater possibility of him achieving redemption than Sonny, even though the writers are clearly on a "Let's Make Sonny Look like a Good Guy" tour right now.

I will say though that Jason looked at Liz with far more emotion in his eyes than he's ever looked at Sam, and their hook-up seemed less about pity than genuine feelings.

Quote:
I am now officially NOT a fan of Sam or Ric. I think that the both of them are TRASH!!
Seriously! Of course, Ric has been scum for some time. He's a serial philanderer, and he long ago crawled so far up Sonny's butt, he'll never find his way back out. Alexis deserves so much better -- than either one of them.

Sam, she's as much trash as she accused Alexis of thinking she was. She's a human mattress for men. I mean, really -- didn't she have a boyfriend when she first showed up? And then she slept with Jax and Sonny -- on the same freakin' night without even bothering to shower in between. Then Jason and now Ric. And she didn't bother showering today either. I don't see any way to make the character the least bit sympathetic after this, and even villains need to evoke a measure of that.

What ticked me off was how Sam and Ric were all up in arms about what Jason was going to think and do when he found out -- they didn't show the slightest concern about Alexis.

Quote:
Is Sam really leaving the show?
I saw that promo, but that's the first I've heard that, so I don't know. If Kelly Monaco was smart, she'd run far away from GH...she's better than this, too.

That last Alexis scene was so sad, but a good illustration of how great Alexis/NLG is -- she let out her pain in a primal way...she sounded like a hurt animal, but then it was over. She didn't throw glasses around like Sonny would do. She didn't fall into bed with the nearest man like Sam or Carly would do. She didn't blow up at a co-worker like Liz has done, and she didn't lose it in front of anyone else.

She thinks about her situation for a while, maybe making plans, and then she gets up and straightens up the room, figuratively straightening up her life. I hope she goes all Cassadine on Ric tomorrow.

Shari
Old 08-14-2006, 05:59 PM   #61
Polyshrink Goddess

What promo was that about Sam leaving the show?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #62
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_Hockey
What promo was that about Sam leaving the show?
It was a promo for one of those soap magazines. I don't remember which one.

Shari
Old 08-15-2006, 04:54 AM   #63
Polyshrink Goddess

Those are hard to believe then... I don't know how many covers I've seen that Tamera Braun is coming back... and she's no where in sight! I guess I'll believe it when I see it....
Old 08-15-2006, 04:57 AM   #64
Pearl-ExPert

Sharinlilbit,
I did feel sorry for Alexis. I thought how she came in and cried and then cleaned up the "mess" was great. I do like Alexis, but not the person that does her hair now. What is up with the dramatic black and blonde streaks?

I know this is bad, but I don't care how many people Jason has killed, I still think he is HOT and want him with Liz. I guess I can want that since it is a purely fictional show - thank goodness !! I can't help but love Jason, but I'm not such a huge fan of Sonny, although he did grow on me after talking with Alexis yesterday.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:54 AM   #65
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I do like Alexis, but not the person that does her hair now. What is up with the dramatic black and blonde streaks?
I posted about that earlier in this thread -- at the Soap Fan weekend a couple of weeks ago, Nancy said that the hair dresser had messed up her hair coloring it and it came out orange and then when they tried to fix it, they ended up with those streaks. The people who saw her at the fan event said it looked better there, so hopefully it'll start looking better on the show soon. I already think it looks not so pronounced as it did a few weeks ago.

Shari
Old 08-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #66
Kookie Creator

I know I said a few days ago that I couldn't decide who I wanted Jason to be with. Well, after yesterday's show, I've decided it has to be Jason and Elizabeth. They were so good together. The way he stroked her hair and kissed her when he brought her the water. I just melted. He is just hot (see avatar) and she is beautiful. Elizabeth needs to throw caution to the wind and be with Jason.
Member #68181
Old 08-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #67
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I know I said a few days ago that I couldn't decide who I wanted Jason to be with. Well, after yesterday's show, I've decided it has to be Jason and Elizabeth. They were so good together. The way he stroked her hair and kissed her when he brought her the water. I just melted. He is just hot (see avatar) and she is beautiful. Elizabeth needs to throw caution to the wind and be with Jason.
I hope she thinks of her son before she does that, and remembers breaking the law to assist in the surgery on Sam who was shot in the back for being too close to Jason, the mob hitman.

The chemistry between SB and RH is undeniable (much better he had with KM), but Jason is what he is.

I thought today's episode was rather blah compared to Monday's, but I did love the stuff with Georgie and Dillon (very glad to see Georgie having some sense about her) and most of the scenes with Patrick and Robin (they need to stop with the PSA's about HIV and AIDS though -- it was done better with Stone years ago).

At first I was disappointed that Alexis didn't go all Natasha Cassadine on Ric and Sam, who continues to be complete trash (I mean, really -- going on and on about how HER feelings were hurt. Girl, you just boinked your mother's husband on her couch! Shut up!), but it really is like her to steel her emotions, and this way she gets to make them sweat. And as much as I hate Sonny, I did get a kick out of Alexis going on and on to Ric about how wonderful Sonny was to her and Kristina at the Metro Court. That's my girl -- jab that knife in a little deeper.

Shari
Old 08-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #68
Kookie Creator

I've been wondering... a question for all the GH fans posting here: when did you start watching the show? If you don't remember what year, what were the major storylines playing out when you first tuned in?

To answer my own question...I've been vaguely aware of the major happenings on GH since the Ice Princess days. I didn't watch then, not for several years later, but I had a cousin I was very close to who was a huge fan and spending so much time with her, I picked up on who the major characters were and how they fit together. Then years later when I avidly watched Guiding Light, DooL, and Another World, I'd buy Soap Opera Digest and I'd read the summaries of all the soaps, not just the ones I watched, so I kept up with GH that way.

I finally starting watching about the time Robert and Anna were getting closer -- don't remember what year that was -- just before she tied him up on Valentine's Day. I think the earthquake was about that time, too, maybe. And then I think I tuned out for a while, but I know I was around to see Robert and Anna get married (another reason to be irritated at today's writers -- R&A were HAPPILY married and NOT spies when they were blown up. This rewriting of history is annoying.) and "killed."

The point I came back completely for good was when I found out Luke and Laura were returning to Port Charles, so I was there to see their first episode, which I believe was 1993. Other than very short periods now and then -- mostly now -- when I got too disgusted to watch, I've been a fan, albeit a disgruntled one at times.

What about y'all?

Shari
Old 08-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #69
Polyshrink Goddess

I've only been watching a short time. I started watching when Tamara Braun was getting ready to leave the show. She was living in the apartment and before she met her dad. I think it was just a few years ago. And Sam had just moved in with Jason.

Maybe that's why I want some characters together... I'll be a Jason/Sam fan for life. I like the new Carly with Jax ... however, I only saw Tamara Braun with Sonny.

I've noticed that GH goes through months when the storylines are really slow moving, but then there will be a suprise storyline that makes you want to watch.
I also agree that I wish they would do more with the veteran characters. They could really be doing more with Robert/Anna/Robin/Patrick line.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #70
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_Hockey
I've only been watching a short time. I started watching when Tamara Braun was getting ready to leave the show. She was living in the apartment and before she met her dad. I think it was just a few years ago. And Sam had just moved in with Jason.

Maybe that's why I want some characters together... I'll be a Jason/Sam fan for life. I like the new Carly with Jax ... however, I only saw Tamara Braun with Sonny.
That's kind of why I asked this question, to see if the length of time people have been watching effects what characters and pairings they prefer and what sort of storyline interests them.

I wish you had been able to see the original Carly, Sarah Brown, in the role. I felt like she gave Carly a lot more layers than either Tamara Braun or Laura Wright have done...Carly came off a bit more sympathetic, though she was every bit the same manipulative, vengeful person she is now. At the time Tamara Braun was on, I really didn't like her version of Carly; she definitely didn't have the acting chops of Sarah Brown, IMO, but since Laura Wright came into the role, I've kinda missed TB.

Thanks, Badger_Hockey!

Shari
Old 08-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #71
Pearl-ExPert

I started watching when Robin and Stone were together and they found out he had AIDS. I think I was just going into High School then and would tape the shows at my grandmother's house. I would come home from school and watch with her. It was sooo much fun!!

I've seen Jason thru Robin, Sam and kinda Carly. You know she has always had a thing for him and I have to say that my fav will always be Liz. I think she brings out the Better in him. KWIM? I would love it if they got together and he decided to leave the business. That would be a great storyline.

I like Carly better with Jax than with Sonny. I think I actually like this Carly better than any of the others, believe it or not!

I would really love for Jagger to come back!! That would be great!! I really wish they would bring back Lucy Coe, too. I loved her quirky personality.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #72
Inking Addict

I've been watching for a very long time, though i am only 34 it's been at least 20 years. The first real storyline I remember is the one where Luke and Laura are on the run and they are so young and dancing in a clothing store or something. I so wanted to be Laura. Always loved Anna and Robert, hate the rewrite of history but love that they are back. Can't wait for Luke and laura to come back.

One of my favorite times in GH history is the Frisco and Felica era. Where did that whirl wind romance go. One of the saddest days in GH history has to be the day Bobby and Tony decide to give Maxie Jones BJs heart, all those who watch it will know what I'm talking about. To be honest because I was watching when BJ died to save Maxie, I hate what they have done to Maxie, such disrespect to such a gift. (the writers should be ashamed) I think it's worse then any of the other storylines that I find questionable.

I agree that Sarah Brown was the best Carly, don't get me wrong I love Wright. But Sarah Brown's Carly was a Carly you secertly routed for, you so wanted her to get it right and win just once. I remember When she was in love with Jason. She tried so hard to come between Robin and Jason, part of me wanted her to get Jason, and when it was never going to happen for them, I was sad for her that her scheming backfired on her. Wright's Carly is just so different from the original Carly.

I want Jason and Elizabeth together, I want it to be like good old fashion soap. Where he gives up his life of crime for the love of a woman. IMO, that is what GH is MISSING, nobody gives up anything for love on GH. They all want their cake and eat it too.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #73
Kookie Creator

Quote:
I have to say that my fav will always be Liz. I think she brings out the Better in him. KWIM? I would love it if they got together and he decided to leave the business. That would be a great storyline.
I agree SB has more chemistry with BH than just about any other partner, and I might be able to handle them together if he left the mob -- even better if he'd get bonked on the head again and is re-Q'd. That could be fantastic. It would bring Monica, Alan, and Edward back into it, and it could make for good soapy drama to have Jason Quartermaine have to come to terms with all the horrible things he has done as Jason Morgan.

Quote:
I really wish they would bring back Lucy Coe, too. I loved her quirky personality.
Oh, absolutely! And Kevin Collins, too -- there's plenty of room for another shrink. The *real* Felicia needs to be back on the canvas, too, and Mac pulled out of cold storage. It makes absolutely ZERO sense that Felicia would be nowhere to be found while all these things are happening to her girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon2903
One of my favorite times in GH history is the Frisco and Felica era. Where did that whirl wind romance go. One of the saddest days in GH history has to be the day Bobby and Tony decide to give Maxie Jones BJs heart, all those who watch it will know what I'm talking about.
Not only is that the saddest story in GH history, IMO, it's the best. Felicia being so thrilled that Maxie was getting a heart, only to sink to the floor in grief that it was her niece's. Tony resting his head on Maxie's chest to listen to BJ's heart beating in her chest. Now *that* was good soap. That's why the way Tony was treated later and Brad Maule was shoved off the show in about two days time just makes me furious.

Quote:
To be honest because I was watching when BJ died to save Maxie, I hate what they have done to Maxie, such disrespect to such a gift. (the writers should be ashamed)
Absolutely! It doesn't help that Kirstin Storm just doesn't have the acting skills to pull this off either.

Quote:
IMO, that is what GH is MISSING, nobody gives up anything for love on GH. They all want their cake and eat it too.
Exactly. You know, Tristan Rogers has been posting on his site and he's made some thinly veiled comments that indicate he's well aware of how low the show has sunk, and one thing he said absolutely nails it -- there's no *hope* on GH anymore. Patrick has finally stopped letting his inner jerk out to play and he and Robin are getting more lovey-dovey, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the absolute misery everywhere else.

Shari
Old 08-16-2006, 03:54 PM   #74
Kookie Creator

I just want to say I am loving these scenes with Jason and Elizabeth. He is so cute in them. I don't know that they will put them together, but this sure has been fun.

Sam has just gone way down hill, not sure what is up there.

I have seen in mentioned here, but I am glad they are fixing Alexis' hair. I had always loved her hair.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #75
Pearl-ExPert

This has been a fun thread to read through and remember all these old story lines! I started watching back in the early 80's. I remember coming home from school and catching the last few minutes of the show. I remember the Ice Princess days, Luke & Laura's wedding, Shaun and Tiffany (They were fun! It would be fun for them to come back!!) Sonny and his strip club, etc etc!! I too would love to see Lucy back on the show, she was GREAT!...fun comic relief!! I agree that the BJ/Maxi heart story line was a heart jerker!! I think I do like this Carly the best...I don't know about the acting, but I thought the other two didn't really have the right looks for the part.....in my mind. I'm wondering what is going to happen to Alexis....I just LOVE her!! Hope things end up well for her! I'd HATE to see her gone!!

This has been entertaining!! Love hearing other's perspectives!!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:54 AM   #76
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to msamethyst1 Send a message via Yahoo to msamethyst1

I know Lesley was married to Cam Falkner at the time I started watching. Laura found out she was adopted in there somewhere and Laura and Scotty Baldwin were the hot teen storyline. Looking at a history timeline that is probably mid-70s so that's like 30 years. YIKES! I have been watching GH waaaay too long.
Fran #1698
Matt Kenseth- GO #17

Old 08-18-2006, 06:38 AM   #77
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamethyst1
I know Lesley was married to Cam Falkner at the time I started watching. Laura found out she was adopted in there somewhere and Laura and Scotty Baldwin were the hot teen storyline. Looking at a history timeline that is probably mid-70s so that's like 30 years. YIKES! I have been watching GH waaaay too long.
Okay, Fran -- I think you're the winner!

Shari
Old 08-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #78
Pearl-ExPert

OK , I just have to say that I think it is waaay wrong of Liz not to tell Lucky about her little tryst with Jason. Why wouldn't she want to make a fresh start with Lucky if she is really all for it? I know its a soap, but they are so obvious in their storylines!

I really felt for LuLu and Dylan. Neither knows what to do because they don't really know how they feel. So sad.

I think today was a pretty good show.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #79
Kookie Creator

Quote:
OK , I just have to say that I think it is waaay wrong of Liz not to tell Lucky about her little tryst with Jason.
Yeah, I have to say I didn't like Liz too much today. She came off rather hypocrital. I was like, "didja forget you just broke your marriage vows, too?" I don't care if Lucky DID cheat on her -- she could say their marriage was over until she was blue in the face, but the fact was, they were STILL married. I just think the whole thing has had Liz a little too quick to give up on Lucky, and in the beginning had her completely oblivious to his addiction, but then she was busy running to Jason for help and bantering with Patrick.

Of course, I wanted to smack Lucky, too, when just after he vowed not to even breathe in Maxie's direction, who'd he meet up with on the docks?? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Quote:
I really felt for LuLu and Dylan.
I felt for Lulu. Might have for Dillon if I didn't think Scott Clifton hadn't been overacting quite a bit lately. I think he's been hanging around Maurice Bernard too much.

Georgie, however, I love.

Enjoyed the scenes between Sam and Alexis, and I'm glad she finally told SOMEBODY about the cancer. I laughed out loud at NLG saying "hooha" at least twice, 'cause on another board that's what some of us call Carly -- the glittery hooha. That's how she manages to attract all the men, with her glittery hooha.

Back to hating Sonny totally after he went behind Alexis's back to find out her medical condition. I can see that writing on the wall -- he thinks Alexis'll die and he'll get Kristina. Ugh.

The lack of Carly continues to be a huge plus.

Shari
Old 08-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #80
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamethyst1
Wow! You have me beat. I figure I started in the last 70s. The first show I saw was when Scotty punched Luke and Luke fell off the yacht at Luke's wedding to Jennifer Smith. I was immediatedly hooked. I remember Jason Quartermaine (Morgan) being born and toddler PJ (Steven Lars) stepping over dead Diana's body for days before she was discovered. Heather's mother (I can't remember her name.)had killed her.
We did not have a VCR so my wonderful mother would tape record GH for me every day while I was in school by hanging the microphone over the tv dial. She even pushed pause during every commercial so that a show would fit on a 45 min. tape. Is that a wonderful mom or what?
Member #68181