Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #481
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry if I spoiled it about Scott Baldwin, but I am addicted to the GH websites and magazines that spoil everything. I will try to hold my tongue from now on
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #482
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweeda
Sorry if I spoiled it about Scott Baldwin, but I am addicted to the GH websites and magazines that spoil everything. I will try to hold my tongue from now on
I don't mind hearing when people are coming back- I hate hearing when people are leaving... I'd rather be surpirzed about it- not that it happens that often... If I really cared I wouldn't chat about GH anywhere. I enjoy chatting about it way to much to stop though.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #483
Pearl-ExPert

Gosh...I about had a heart attack last night.... I turned on my taped Fri episode to watch and it started in the middle of the Hotel explosion scene. I thought I had erased an episode or two on accident and had missed a bunch of the action! I kept rewinding, going back to the menu, double checking etc! I finally accepted the fact that I had missed a bunch and started watching it only to find out that I was right where I was supposed to be! That they showed a bit of what was to come and then flashed back 16 hours!! Whew! I was relieved! Anyone else have this happen to them??
Old 01-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #484
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaJ
Gosh...I about had a heart attack last night.... I turned on my taped Fri episode to watch and it started in the middle of the Hotel explosion scene. I thought I had erased an episode or two on accident and had missed a bunch of the action! I kept rewinding, going back to the menu, double checking etc! I finally accepted the fact that I had missed a bunch and started watching it only to find out that I was right where I was supposed to be! That they showed a bit of what was to come and then flashed back 16 hours!! Whew! I was relieved! Anyone else have this happen to them??
I totally thought I missed Thrusday's episode... it was freaking me out because I was SURE I watched it.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:02 AM   #485
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
You didn't spoil it for me. IF there is any dish, I LOVE to know it!! Call me nosey!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #486
Polyshrink Goddess

It's all a spoiler for me - where I live it's a week behind you guys. I don't mind knowing what's going to happen...now I know I HAVE to watch on Friday!
Mommy and teacher to my 3 blessings
Old 01-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #487
Pearl-ExPert

Default A Spoiler for Lisa!

So, so happy to see Scott Baldwin today. Call me crazy but it just makes me happy to see the old faces again. I was reading an article in one of those soap magazines about his first day back and he said one of the first things he did was call Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe) and say, "Guess where I am!"

Karen H
Old 01-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #488
Mad Swapper

Quote:
So, so happy to see Scott Baldwin today. Call me crazy but it just makes me happy to see the old faces again. I was reading an article in one of those soap magazines about his first day back and he said one of the first things he did was call Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe) and say, "Guess where I am!"

Karen H
What?!???!???! I totally missed that... I was on the computer when I was watching GH. What happened?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #489
Pearl-ExPert

The part I saw was him at the counter of the hotel. It looked like he may be checking in. I missed bits and pieces today though.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:18 PM   #490
Mad Swapper

Oh OK.... I rarely ever actually watch GH... I'm always stamping or doing something like that and just listening to it. I only watch it when I'm at my aunts house w/her.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:35 AM   #491
Stazon Splitcoast

wishing for lucy to return also.
what about scotty's daughter? is she coming back? they will have her in college by now right?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:59 AM   #492
Pearl-ExPert

I haven't heard anything about Scott's daughter (Serena?) coming back, but I bet she would be in college by now. I am sure he will mention her though. The teaser from yesterday shows him visiting Laura today, flowers in hand.

Yesterday it just showed him checking into the MetroCourt under a name other than Baldwin. Sam was checking him in.

Karen in MA
Old 01-31-2007, 05:35 PM   #493
Stazon Splitcoast

that's the name name i couldn't think of---thanks.
how about his daughter the dr. karen?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:51 PM   #494
Kookie Creator

This article made my blood boil: part 1, part 2

Absolutely pathetic what TIIC have done to this show.

Shari
Old 02-01-2007, 05:39 AM   #495
Pearl-ExPert

I cannot tell you how much it breaks my heart about Stuart Damon. He feels like family to me. I might just stop watching the show all together. It sucks!

Snowcountry, do you know something I don't about Serena??????

Karen
Old 02-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #496
Stazon Splitcoast

i know that she left w/ scotty on a plane when they both left the show. i can't remember all w/o a jolt from you ladies--but remember he took alot of cash w/ him?????????? ring any bells?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #497
Stazon Splitcoast

snowcontry311==gayla
Old 02-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #498
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311
i know that she left w/ scotty on a plane when they both left the show. i can't remember all w/o a jolt from you ladies--but remember he took alot of cash w/ him?????????? ring any bells?
He left w/ that chick that Helena wanted Nicolas to marry- can't remember her name.... but he took the treasure that Sam found in the harbor that they were trying to auction off at the PC hotel when it burned down cuz of the bad electrical.
Here's what I'm trying to fingure out. Scott was in some kind of big trouble or something w/him being the DA... I think it had something to do w/Alexis finding something out or doing something to him maybe. Anyone know?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #499
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsidawn
He left w/ that chick that Helena wanted Nicolas to marry- can't remember her name.... but he took the treasure that Sam found in the harbor that they were trying to auction off at the PC hotel when it burned down cuz of the bad electrical.
Here's what I'm trying to fingure out. Scott was in some kind of big trouble or something w/him being the DA... I think it had something to do w/Alexis finding something out or doing something to him maybe. Anyone know?
Isn't Scotty the one that killed Dr Rick ??

My Photography Blog
Old 02-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #500
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnn
Isn't Scotty the one that killed Dr Rick ??
As far as I know he isn't.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #501
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
As far as I know he isn't.
I haven't a clue WHY I think Scotty did it.

My Photography Blog
Old 02-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #502
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I haven't a clue WHY I think Scotty did it.
I know he did something before he left, other than steal the treasure... it's bugging me that I can't remember. I just remember he was about to be thrown out of the DA's office. I actually miss Scotty as DA w/Rick being DA right now.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #503
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I know he did something before he left, other than steal the treasure... it's bugging me that I can't remember. I just remember he was about to be thrown out of the DA's office. I actually miss Scotty as DA w/Rick being DA right now.
OHHHH, I'd love to see Scotty and Rick go toe to toe as DA......hehehe

My Photography Blog
Old 02-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #504
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I wish my rememberer was better......but, there's something about it......did you see when Scotty and Bobbie was talking about Laura??.....and it was mostly about IF Laura remembered that night with Dr Rick.....and the look on Scotty's face was precious when Bobbie told him.....Yes, Laura remembered everything!!

My Photography Blog
Old 02-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #505
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I wish my rememberer was better......but, there's something about it......did you see when Scotty and Bobbie was talking about Laura??.....and it was mostly about IF Laura remembered that night with Dr Rick.....and the look on Scotty's face was precious when Bobbie told him.....Yes, Laura remembered everything!!
Yeah I did notice that.... he was in on the whole "drugging" her to keep her from remembering, I remember that much.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #506
Pearl-ExPert

Gosh...if they let the character of Alan die basically all alone in a hotel room, I will be so upset. I sure hope they do the actor and character justice and let him be with his family and be able to say last goodbye's!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO upset to hear they fired him, especially after reading some of the sites that Shari told us about. I cannot believe they would do that to a veteran actor!! Wonder what will happen to Monica's character when he's out??
Old 02-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #507
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaJ
Gosh...if they let the character of Alan die basically all alone in a hotel room, I will be so upset. I sure hope they do the actor and character justice and let him be with his family and be able to say last goodbye's!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO upset to hear they fired him, especially after reading some of the sites that Shari told us about. I cannot believe they would do that to a veteran actor!!
Really? I think it's par for the course, personally. I mean, they fired Anna Lee (Lila) -- if they'd do something that heartless, and given the way every single returning vet's character has been crapped on in the last few years, firing one of the backbones of one of the show's core families is nothing. And today is Stuart Damon's 70th birthday. Happy Birthday, Stuart -- you're fired! Grr.

I knew they were going to do this, but still seeing it unfold just turns my stomach -- Jason, mob assassin extraordinaire, is these bozos' idea of Jack Bauer and he'll turn out to be the hero and save the day. 'Cause you know, the cops don't know anything about this sort of thing at all. But by all means, keep vital info to yourself, Jason, and be the big hero -- St. Jasus rides again.

And where is Robert Scorpio? The idea that he would not be there, not doing something, when Robin is lying in there dying is ridiculous. If they'd even have a throwaway line about Mac wondering where he is or saying they need to find it -- just some sort of nod to history, for goodness sakes.

Could the bad guys please gag Carly? Or better yet, put us all out of our misery and shoot her? I'm sick to death of her bigoted, hateful comments about Robin. The thing is, if the writers were trying to illustrate what a hateful character Carly is, that would be one thing, but it's obvious they want her to be seen as the name she gave herself -- Kick-***** Carly -- the show's heroine.

Shari

Last edited by sharinlilbit; 02-05-2007 at 02:41 PM..
Old 02-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #508
Pearl-ExPert

I guess I meant that I do believe that they would do that seeing what all they've done recently, I just think it is all so sad and awful after spending so much time watching this goofy show over the years. I couldn't belive they had fired Lila.....I only knew that cause of the article that you had posted earlier. I always thought she was just getting too old to act. That is really heartless!! I can't believe Stuart is 70! He looks great for 70!! I agree, they really make the police out to be REALLY stupid! They were all really calling the PCPD some rotten names today. It is pretty sad the way they make the good guys look bad and the bad guys look good. What's society coming to????!!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #509
Kookie Creator

Yeah, doesn't SD look amazing? For the longest time he's seemed like a big ol' teddy bear.

I can't imagine who will read the Christmas story at the hospital next Christmas. Better not be Jason or Sonny. *shudder*

Shari
Old 02-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #510
Stazon Splitcoast

wouldn't mac called georgie's and maxie's mother? better call their father!
get someone anyone other than mac--all he is good for is holding on /let's wait this out. how about getting the floor plans?jason did you would think the police would want them.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #511
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311
get someone anyone other than mac--all he is good for is holding on /let's wait this out. how about getting the floor plans?jason did you would think the police would want them.
That's because in Guza's world -- Police and other law enforcement = bad and/or stupid and Criminals and their wives/girlfriends = good, heroic, intelligent and brave.

It's a topsy-turvy world on General Hospital.

Shari
Old 02-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #512
Pearl-ExPert

For those who watched GH today, couldn't you tell that those tears that Emily was crying were REAL, heartfelt tears? That was probably her last scene with Stuart. How devistatingly sad! I so hope he doesn't die with someone who doesn't mean a lot to him and to GH. This bites!

Karen in MA
Old 02-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #513
Kookie Creator

Quote:
For those who watched GH today, couldn't you tell that those tears that Emily was crying were REAL, heartfelt tears? That was probably her last scene with Stuart. How devistatingly sad! I so hope he doesn't die with someone who doesn't mean a lot to him and to GH. This bites!

Yeah, Karen, I thought Natalia was surprisingly good in those scenes with SD, and normally I find her one of the weakest actors on GH (don't get me started on the fact that Emmy voters gave her an Emmy). But the really great actors tend to raise the performances of their weaker scene partners -- that's why Maurice Bernard is better when he's paired with NLG, though I hate Sonny's cooties to be anywhere near Alexis. Maybe NL would be a better actress if she'd had a chance to work more closely with the likes of Stuart Damon.

Backstage gossip is that many of the GH cast are still having a very difficult time with the shaft SD has been given, which makes sense, since it could be any one of the above 40 bunch, except of course for Maurice Bernard. Blech.

I, too, hope Alan hangs on until this is all over. If he has to die, I want it to be with Monica at his side (and Jason nowhere to be found).

Shari
Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #514
Pearl-ExPert

I was thinking the same thing (Monica & maybe Tracy "she's got love deep in her, we've seen it a few times!") I thought how awful it would be for him to die in the middle of the scene of Lulu giving him the 3rd degree! Monica deserves to be there for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:41 AM   #515
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Sorry for butting in. I haven't watched the show in years but it used to be one of my "must sees".

I cannot believe they fired SD.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #516
Insane Embellisher

I just have to say I am so disappointed in this show right now I have watched it off and on for years but this story lines they have going right now are just crap hoping it gets better soon

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 02-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #517
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebearry2429
I just have to say I am so disappointed in this show right now I have watched it off and on for years but this story lines they have going right now are just crap hoping it gets better soon
Short of a complete overhaul from the head of ABC Daytime on down to the writers, I think we have very little hope of anything much better. The problem with GH runs very deep, from writers (especially head writer Guza) to producers to the head honchos. Acting talent (for the most part -- there are still some pretty weak performers) isn't the problem. Not having the good sense to USE the strong ones (i.e. all the veteran actors they've brought back and then shafted and people like Stuart Damon) is.

I would be very surprised if GH was still on the air ten years from now. Five years wouldn't be out of the question.

Shari
Old 02-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #518
Kookie Creator

"Sonny's a good man and he takes care of the ones he loves. All you have are hired henchman and a gun."

Good heavenly day, Carly, do you not see that what you said to One applies to Sonny?! I swear, Carly needs to die and soon. She is a hateful character, not even fun to hate, just hateful.

Yesterday's episode was all about the writers blowing more glitter on the ones with the glittery hoo-has, and apparently, they're continuing in that vein today.

I didn't think they could top yesterday with so many talking about how braveandstrong Carly was for putting a few stitches into Robin -- heck, I'm surprised Carly didn't break her shoulder patting herself on the back.

And then there was Sonny getting beat up (I bet it was the woman who did it), and being deemed Most Important Hostage, the one they absolutely must keep alive. Oo, yes, I can see how Sonny would rank way up there in importance over the police commissioner's daughter and niece, the wife of a cop, and the D.A.'s daughter and nephew, not to mention Nikolas, who is richer than all of 'em.

Let's not forget St. Jasus. Spinelli is really growing on me, except when he's worshipping at the Church of Jason. Jason is on the side of the "righteous," really, Spinelli? Give me a break, he's a killer for hire and is at least partially responsible for this mess, along with Sonny, who just wouldn't leave Lorenzo or his "bidness" alone. And of course, Jason has to do his little rescue all by himself 'cause the cops are not smart enough or brave enough.

Sick, sick, sick.

Shari
Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #519
Mad Swapper

Why is Rick in charge of this??? What the heck does a DA have to do with a hostage situation... and where are the hostage negotiators? This this is sooooo lame!
Old 02-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #520
Mad Swapper

This is really getting lame! The whole thing w/the mayor coming in and barking orders trying to take over from Rick, who has NO reason to have any police involvement in this. Then to top it of we have Jason and Luke on their own rescue missions, like always... can't they do something different for a change???!! I've only been watching for about 5 years and this is already sooooo played out!