Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default The Amazing Race - Season 21 - $2M!!! May Contain Spoilers

Well $2M for one team anyway.

Anyway Spoiler Alert.

I'm not posting any tonight however, it seems better if people have the freedom to discuss without worrying about spoilers.

Great start. I would have deferred to let the team that finished second win the race instead of putting a target on my own back. Yeah, that would be worth losing $1M.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Forum Fanatic

I'm glad you put spoilers in the title. I always wonder if it's okay to post them. So anyway I don't like team #1 anymore even though team #2 should not have given them information. Especially on this important leg. And even on this 21st season, people are still not reading the clues properly. I'm rooting for Brent and Josh right now (I love their tv show). I was hoping the Chippendales would be gone-they annoy me. Even though they're nice eye candy.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

We were laughing at the Monster Truckers not reading the clue. TBH I didn't understand why any of them thought it was disgusting from a thought point of view. Guess the have never had sausage. Yeah, the Chippendales need to be gone already. I'm thinking James & Abba and I thought Caitlin and Brittany might have a bit more substance that the stereotypical blonde barbie team they normally put on. Brent and Josh seem really logical and focussed. Some of the others are too deer in the headlights and you can tell they got cast for the drama.

Also what's up with no African American teams nor Parent/Child teams either.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

Not happy - hate bad taxi episodes. I don't mind when people get knocked out by their own decisions but when it hinges on trusting a local that doesn't know what they are doing I don't like it.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Crimping Master

Default Honestly

how the heck can a person get a job as a taxi driver when they don't know where anything is? How do these taxi drivers charge their fares? Do you have to pay for them wandering around in circles? That just made me plain mad last night.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Forum Fanatic

Is anyone still watching? My opinion of the twins was confirmed today when they kept the money that the rockers dropped and kept calling everyone else idiots and stupid. Those girls are vile. I can't believe there's no penalty for keeping someone else's money.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

I couldn't believe that Phil didn't even ask them about it.

I know it is sort of cultural with the twins but it still isn't nice. On the bright side, how amazing was it that the Rockers were able to raise the money from the locals - and somehow that feels wrong too. Not that they did it but that the girls put them in the position of taking money from locals. We are very privileged in our country, I think in the name of a reality game show to be forced to take money is borderline unethical especially when it wasn't "lost" - TBH it was just left out. The girls seized upon it.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
Forum Fanatic

It fell out of his backpack so it wasn't even purposely left out.

What do you mean by cultural? I'm guessing the people of sri lanka don't typically call other people stupid idiots all the time. So you must mean some other incidents.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
It fell out of his backpack so it wasn't even purposely left out.

What do you mean by cultural? I'm guessing the people of sri lanka don't typically call other people stupid idiots all the time. So you must mean some other incidents.
They strike me as ESL/first generation English speakers that don't get (or don't care) that calling people stupid/idiot is offensive in the US which is exacerbated by their aggressive speaking style. Let's be honest it sounds like they are shouting ALL the time, that is cultural. There are a lot of cultures that their normal speaking sounds "angry" to our ears (Dutch is one) so couple that with words, that may be ok in translation, and those words being about others, they say things like He/she/you're so stupid. Instead of "I'm so stupid, I can't believe I did that".

It seems it is something that is lost in translation, that isn't as offenisve in Sri Lanka - or that the girls got away with it when the moved to the US because people just assumed something was lost in translation and now it has stuck.

I know my own kids have sworn in school in the US and it didn't get picked up by the teacher because they weren't US swear words... but that is whole 'nuther story...
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

oh and I think if it gets widely known that the girls knew it was the Rockers money and didn't return it that they have just placed a big ol target on their back, because if they would do it to them what would they do to another team.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
Forum Fanatic

eh-I won't be giving them a culture pass. I don't like them for more reasons than the rude talk.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't believe they were 'allowed' to get away with keeping the money, either. Unless I missed something, I also didn't hear any of the rest of the teams around suggest they return it to the rockers, either. That disgusts me just as much if that's the case.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #13
Forum Fanatic

Only one other team was there when it happened and that was Trey and Lexi. The reason they were allowed to get away with it is because they found the money on the floor-they didn't literally take it from anyone. Here's an interview with Rob and Kelley that explains it.
Amazing Race Rob: Beekman Boys Opened My Eyes | ETonline.com

Old 11-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry no pass on keeping the money - they may have found it but they knew to whom it belonged.

BTW I don't like the twins either - specifically because they think it is ok to cheat to win and I don't tend to like those type of competitors.

Really hoping the Rockers can pull this one out of the bag. So far they seem the most likeable to me.

AND I really loved seeing all the Kentuckians Mallory & Dad and the Clay Co Crew talking about "the Life of Pi" probably won't see the film but it was fun to see them!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #15
Forum Fanatic

Really, the girls indirectly stole that money from the people in Bangladesh that gave the rockers money. If they hadn't kept it (the rockers were right there-they could have easily given it back with no effort whatsoever) they wouldn't have had to go begging for money from people who can't really afford to part with it.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
Crimping Master

Default Hope the twins go home SOON

I did not like them before and liked them even less after they kept the "found" money.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #17
Watercolor Wizard

After all these seasons , you would think teams would know to always take their bags with them and never, ever let your passport out of your site.

I hate when teams make really stupid mistakes - the worse one being not fully reading the clue.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS881 View Post
After all these seasons , you would think teams would know to always take their bags with them and never, ever let your passport out of your site.

I hate when teams make really stupid mistakes - the worse one being not fully reading the clue.
TBH that is travelling abroad rule #1 - never leave your bag/possessions unattended. It took me a very long time to get "re-Americanized" about people leaving things unattended, and I still don't.

As it looks like the they are still in Moscow it is quite possible that they are still in it, but it irks me that AR doesn't intervene in these situations and really lay down the law about leaving bags unattended. To me it should be a race requirement that the bags stay with you or at an approved check in at all times during the race.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #19
Bunny's SunnyChick

Send a message via MSN to stampin-sunnychick Send a message via Yahoo to stampin-sunnychick

Posting and keeping my eyes closed to above posts... LOL I must catch up on my DVR'd episodes.

I do not love the twins. I think if I hear "twinsies" one more time I will have to mute them!

I know I have more to say but I am not up-to-date. Will be back tomorrow. =)
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley
Are you a member ?

Closed & Telling All: Not-So-Secret Sister Swap

Old 12-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyone else watching the finale?

Fingers crossed the twins will be out soon with all their awful talk.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy dance!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
Forum Fanatic

I was happy with who won but I hated to see all the haters on the TAR facebook page. I can't imagine being the target of all that bigotry. Not to mention how many just don't even pay attention to the show (saying all 3 teams didn't know what the UN symbol was when one team did know without asking someone else).

Old 12-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #23
Die Cut Diva

I would have been happy with any of the final 3. I knew the guys would have an advantage in the final challenge because of their background with languages. I love to see the underdog pull it out. I thought it was one of the better finale episodes.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #24
Polyshrink Goddess

That had to be the biggest comeback in AR history - loved it!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:22 AM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad the twins didn't make it to the final 3- Oh My Gaaaawwwwwwdddddd! Blllloooooooodddyyyyy Heeeeeeeelllll! I think that is permanently scarred into my brain. And I really didn't like how they referred to the Goat Farmers as "the Gays" seriously!!! Where is that acceptable?! (sorry about all the shouting). I think if the twins had given the rockers their money back I may have been able to tolerate them.

I was cheering for the Goat Farmers or the Chippendales in the end. The Chippendales really grew on me and TBH when they got their bowties on in Holland! I kept thinking about time one of the teams used what they have.

A bit sad to see the final at Coney Island, knowing that after Sandy it just really isn't there anymore.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #26
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle View Post
I would have been happy with any of the final 3. I knew the guys would have an advantage in the final challenge because of their background with languages. I love to see the underdog pull it out. I thought it was one of the better finale episodes.
You mean Josh's ability to speak French, which he used to help the other teams? On the last challenge all 3 teams got the French and Spanish quickly and for all 3, the rest were guesswork.