||07-25-2012 02:34 AM
Embossed chipboard button pendant
An inexpensive jewelry piece from a chipboard button - nice as a gift or make several for yourself in different colours to go with different outfits!
1. Colour a chipboard button black with something permanent (eg Copic marker or acrylic paint). Do the edges as well as both sides and allow to dry thoroughly.
2. Emboss the button with a folder and your die cutting machine. Folders with small patterns work best on pieces of this size.
3. Dab embossed piece lightly with Versamark and brush on Perfect Pearls colours. Repeat if you want to intensify colour in any areas.
4. Spritz with water to fix the Perfect Pearls. Allow to dry.
5. Cut a length of bamboo skewer that is slightly longer than the two holes in the button. Add colour with a Copic marker and some Perfect Pearls if desired.
6. Attach a chain by threading from the back of the button up through the first hole, wrap round the skewer (I went round twice) and back down through the hole. Come up through the second hole, wrap round the skewer and go back down through the hole. Juggle the two ends as necessary by easing through the holes and round the skewer so you get even lengths of chain each side.
I added a video tutorial to demonstrate the process on my blog here
if you're a visual person! If you prefer to go direct to YouTube it's here