Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2016, 03:21 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Coloring Die Cuts with Memento

I used a combination of Memento Markers and Memento Dew Drop Inks to color flower die cuts. I used Elizabeth Craft Designs dies by Susan Tierney-Cockburn. She makes realistic looking flower dies. She used to make them for Sizzix (they may still be available). Of course you could also use other dies.

1. Cut white cardstock with flower dies. You may need several copies depending on the die.

2. Look up the flower you would like to make on Google. Click the Images link to see photos of the flower(s) in the color you would like copy.

3. Color the die cuts. I start with the lighter colors first and apply in layers. If applying ink to a craft mat (or other palette), water down the ink to lighten the color. You may want to let dry between layers. With the markers, you can use lighter colors and layer, sometimes flicking when you want the mark to fade. You may overlap the marks for a varied look.

4. Shape the die cuts by rubbing on the backs of petals with a ball stylus and drawing lines down the middle of leaves for veins (you may use a die pick or other pointy tool).

5. Assemble flowers - I use a thick glue for this; my favorite is Beacon's Kids Choice Glue.

Watch the video tutorial for examples:

Here is a full blog post with supplies I used:
Awash with Color: Coloring Flower Die Cuts with Memento
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2016, 12:57 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mprasadView Post
I used a combination of Memento Markers and Memento Dew Drop Inks to color flower die cuts. I used Elizabeth Craft Designs dies by Susan Tierney-Cockburn. She makes realistic looking flower dies. She used to make them for Sizzix (they may still be available). Of course you could also use other dies.
Here is a full blog post with supplies I used:
Awash with Color: Coloring Flower Die Cuts with Memento
Mprasad, thank you for the fantastic tutorial !!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes