Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree23Likes
  • 2 Post By Mary_Pat419
  • 2 Post By Lmn
  • 3 Post By AnniePanda
  • 4 Post By fresshe
  • 2 Post By dalis
  • 4 Post By fresshe
  • 1 Post By Scrappy48
  • 1 Post By Annie's Pantry
  • 1 Post By Lmn
  • 2 Post By wendella247
  • 1 Post By smadson

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
Gabfest Goddess

Default SIC 148 2/14/14 February Inspiration Challenge

This monthís Inspiration Challenge is truly a challenge because of the sad circumstances. A friend from our scrapbooking SCS Community has been freed from her battle with cancer and is resting peacefully in the arms of her Lord. HERE is her blog and HERE is her SCS gallery. Her faith was deep and all of us who knew her here on SCS can testify to her devotion and love of family and life: Kristin was truly a joyful person! She bought a smile to many of us and always had us LOL! with her comments. This month be Inspired in some way by Kristinís sharing; either by her gallery or her blog. As you create a page for this challenge, please say a prayer for her and her loved ones during this difficult time.

As always, your pages can be paper, digi, or hybrid. Please remember to add SIC147 and sbc14feb (or whatever month you do this challenge because there is no time limit). Be sure to post your gallery page link to this thread, so we know you participated in this Inspiration Challenge.

Last edited by Lmn; 02-14-2014 at 05:10 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
fresshe and Scrappy48 like this post.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Nice

Neat challenge MP! There is a ton of Inspiration on Kristin's blog.
I will say a prayer for her family and this is a nice remembrance opportunity
fresshe and Mary_Pat419 like this post.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:37 AM   #3
Watercolor Wizard

Sad news but there is a feeling of peace knowing she is as rest now. May her Husband, children and loving friends remember Kristin and their time together with joy and happiness. Peace of Christ be with her loved ones.
fresshe, Mary_Pat419 and princessp1971 like this post.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:45 AM   #4
Glitter Guru

Indeed there is a lot of inspiration on her blog- Here are some of the things I found:
When wishes come true it's like
eating fruit from the tree of life.
~Proverbs 13:12
Kristin Blog 12/22/13
But I am not dying today. Nope. Today I am going shopping. Christmas is coming! 12/5/13
life is waiting to be lived!!!! 11/2013

It's hard to read with dry eyes, well, mine aren't dry anymore-
It may take awhile to scrap a page with this inspiration, but I will...
Lmn, wendella247, Mary_Pat419 and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to dalis Send a message via Skype™ to dalis

Below is my page, not sure why my keywords are not showing up. xoxo good day by dalis - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'll say a prayer for her and her family.
fresshe and Mary_Pat419 like this post.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:38 AM   #6
Glitter Guru

I seem to keep wandering back to Kristin's blog, and the more I read, the more I remember her...

This particular post spoke so loudly of the Kristin we knew here that I thought it would be ok, to copy and paste it here for those of you who didn't get to know her:

November 2013
My craft room is me. My space. I am so blessed to have a husband who has always granted me space for my scrapbooking and, a more recent addition, quilting. I had already put a call in to Bonnie asking if she would sell my quilting fabrics for me (you quilters will understand the hurt and sorrow of that) and Erika to sell my scrapbooking supplies (for context know that one year I scrapbooked 766+ full 12"x12" scrapbook pages...that's a lot). More importantly, that room holds me, my spirit, my Kristin-ness. When you look at the fabrics and the paper and the stickers and the memorabilia you see me. My heart, my emotions, what colours and style and patters speak to me. I have hand-held every single thing in that room. Honestly, you feel me in that room. And we were packing it up and sorting it to be taken away. Out. Out of the house. Out of this family. Away. Gone.

It felt like dying.

It was as hard as cutting my hair.

It is me being removed.

I am being gone from the house.

I haven't been 'here' to do house work and to sort through and to challenge kids and husband to get things done. For a year now.

I see my flavour missing from the days.

And now my craft room.

Like if I were dead.

No more me.

It's just stuff. Yes. But that stuff is hours of wandering through craft stores with my bestie-friends, memories of going on retreats and spending an entire weekend laughing and sharing stories with other like-interested ladies. That stuff is holding preschoolers' hands and letting them choose one sheet of stickers (always the ugliest stickers) and laughing and buying them anyway because it was fun to do together. It is stories waiting to be archived, written out, shared. Sharing memories. Moments captured to be shown and shared and remembered and smiled over and those happy-tears rolling down your face as you remember the good and the hard and the candid and the way things were. Stories need to be shared. I have been blessed to get to share mine through scrapbooking and journalling and I have spent hours sharing my craft room with our kids, watching their interpretation of events or how they think a sticker should go on the paper or listening to them explain why they chose to scrapbook the photo they did. Moments. Stories-sharing. Memories caught with gentle hands and released with love onto the pages and into the albums that fill my dining room shelves.

Packed up.

I woke up in tears at 2:00am. I praised and I prayed and I listened to God's Words comforting me. And then my brain started whirling... if I get them to take the piano keyboard out I could ask the movers to bring the downstairs shelf in and then I will have a home for my paper trimmer and adhesives which I'm keeping here anyway... where else will they go?? They are coming at 9:00, I'll be just back from getting the boys to the bus... no time... I'm awake now... I had a 4+ hours nap I feel good right now I'm going downstairs...

And I did. I went back into my craft room and cut bright orange and bright pink signs and tagged the things I want kept here. The restoration company had already agreed that they would do all the legwork for me and schlepp boxes up the stairs. They know I have cancer. They saw me in 10/10 pain on Sunday as they walked back and forth in and out of the house. They were so quiet and so discreet and the look in their eyes was so kind. And now they will take care of the physical work when I cannot. God is good.

ARH just called... I need to go in for a cross-match this morning and then that gets the transfusion process started for either later today or tomorrow. PRAISE GOD! I am so glad I called my local oncologists' secretary, that girl is awesome at her job and has always been such a support! Thanking God for her.

God lined it up. I slept well. Was able to be up and deal with my room in a manner that gives me full peace about the work they will do in there today. Thank you, Lord.

I slept well. No coughing-to-puking last night. Praise God!!! That means a good solid sleep for Shawn, too. PRAISE GOD, that husband needs it!!!

Feeling love, feeling thanks, feeling that today is a good day. Yet again, God brings peace even in floods and infestations and low blood counts. I am a blessed woman.

Feel blessed in your day, I pray.

Hanging by a thread? ... God will pull you through!

Last edited by fresshe; 02-17-2014 at 02:45 AM..
Old 02-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

It is very sad that someone so young and full of life has to be taken. My thoughts & prayers go to her family during this difficult time. Great idea to dedicate this challenge to her memory.

Goals: Scrapbook pages: 33/135 YTD Cards: 000/75 YTD
"To accomplish great things we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan but also believe"
Mary_Pat419 likes this post.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Annie's Pantry

She was my Inspiration today...

abc's of Kirstin
Old 02-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Here's Mine

I used a page from Kristin's Gallery for inspiration. This was a nice challenge to remember Kristin by Mary Pat, thanks for the challenge

My Moment
Old 02-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Thank you, Mary Pat, for this perfect, wonderful challenge to remember Kristin with a page.

And, thank you, Valerie, for sharing that excerpt from Kristen's blog. She was quite amazing, and a talented writer. The world was blessed to have her for as long as it did, as we were here on SCS. I'm going to go to her gallery now and choose some Kristin inspiration for a page. I know she is resting in peace with the Lord.

Check out the SCS Scrapbook Challenges!
Mary_Pat419 and smadson like this post.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

I just saw this and read this. Wow! I didn't know her, but wished I had. I am going to go through her gallery now.
Proud Fan Club Member
Scrapbook Goal 2014 15/60 See them Here
S2S 2014: +$179.47