It's the first Monday of the month - that means it's time for Everything Old is New Again! And this month, I thought that it would be fun to revisit the Tapestry technique.
There's a tutorial in Resources and a video - you will find those here: Tapestry Tutorial
You will need pigment or distress inks to sponge the background, white pigment ink for stamping and clear embossing powder. No needles and wool needed for this type of tapestry
HINTS AND TIPS
* Take note of what Beate says about working quickly if you're using distress inks - but note too that you can always add Versamark and emboss again if necessary. I thought that working on glossy card might give me extra working time, but it didn't make any significant difference.
*Have everything you need to hand - your white ink, your stamps and your clear embossing powder.
*This is quite a subtle effect, so SOLID stamps will work much better than open ones.
*As mentioned above, the white stamping is a subtle effect - it will be more obvious if you use DARKER inks to create your background.
As this is a background technique, I am sure you won't want to cover it up too much - if you just add a simple sentiment you can let the background shine.
If you need extra inspiration, you can check out the gallery for the tutorial: Tapestry Technique Gallery
Here's a link to our TLC624 Give Tapestry a Try gallery
Here are two samples from me:
TLC624 Thoughtful Feathers
TLC624 Poppy Birthday
Remember to use the keyword TLC624 when you are uploading. It's helpful (to the hostesses for sure!) if you come back and leave a link on this thread .
If you're not sure how to link your card on the thread here, here's how:
1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.