Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Today I have a tutorial to show you that has a *twist* on a previous technique.
I have dubbed it "Air Smash."
It is a take on the fun Spray and Smash Technique. You will need either canned air (I got mine at Office Max) or a straw and a lot of breath! You will also need alcohol inks, glossy paper and supplies for heat embossing.
*ETA - This DOES also work with dye inks alone, or with dye inks and alcohol added with a dropper -- it all works!
See the accompanying photo for pictorial. Here are the steps:
1. Choose coordinating alcohol ink colors and drop a few drops from reinkers/bottles on the glossy paper.
2. Use quick bursts of canned air to blow the ink across the paper (or your straw).
3. Add more colors and more air.
4. Smash together with another piece of glossy CS (DO NOT SPRAY water). Save the second piece for another project.
5. Dry (I used my heat gun), stamp and emboss.
6. Cut out your images and design your card!
SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
My bin has received most of my attempts at air blowing so far for various MIX challenges - but this, Judy, looks like one blowing technique I can master , or at the very least end up with something useable. Looking forward to trying it out later on.