Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Hello everyone!!! I hope you are ready for a fun and ooooh so easy challenge!! Don't you just love all the fabulous cards and layouts with a stenciled background!! Most of us don't own any stencils or only have one or two which don't always fit our needs sooooo instead of buying several more, I decided we need to make our own....here are the deets:
Make Your Own Stencil
1. Use a punch with a small image (is that what you call the punched hole???) ...it can be a single punch or a border punch with a lot of little images (I used a MS snowflake border punch
2. Since most punches don't reach more that an inch into the side of the paper, you will have to punch your image (flowers, stars, butterflies, circles, squares, hearts, what ever you have) onto strips of paper and then tape or glue them together to create your stencil.
3. You can use the same punch to create your stencil or use several different ones...use several different sizes of the same image ...what ever works!!
4. You can use card stock or acetate...what ever you have on hand
5. Use the stencil to sponge ink onto your background or main image...be creative and have fun!!!
Hugs, Robin http://inkmagination-robin.blogspot.com/
Whatever things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, if there is any virtue or is praiseworthy, meditate on these things. Phil. 4:8
CC Guest Design Team member Aug. 2013
Guest designer for Our Daily Bread Designs
This was fun, just right to start me off on my card making journey! Pumpkin Let Love Grow
Gentle Hugs, Stacey
A big girl on a learning curve, from creating cards, to laughter, to love and to create, this is me in each and every card I create! Gentle Hugs, Stacey PS. just started a blog to keep it all together.... Beautiful Butterflies Studio Beautiful things are created in the studio everyday!