Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Hello TLC challenge lovers!! My name is Jenn and I am totally excited to bring you this Faux White Washing technique today for my 1st TLC challenge!
Anyone ever white washed a piece of furniture. LOVE how it makes the piece just a bit brighter. Well, today I am going to show you how to use a faux white washing technique for your projects!
I have a quick little picture tutorial below. Here are the numbered steps to match the picture:
1. You are going to need the following items: white pigment ink, Versa Mark ink, white embossing powder, kraft cardstock, bright colored dye ink, paintbrush, fun stamp with large open areas (flowers work great!). Go ahead and stamp your design and emboss with white embossing powder.
2. Use a little water (drop or two) in the lid of your white pigment ink. swirl your paint brush in the ink and then a little in the water. Paint your embossed images. You should get a "milky" looking finish....should not be solid white. Let this step dry.
3. This is what your dry white washing should look like.
4. Add some color using the same water technique with your bright colored dye inks.
5. This is your finished product.
Thanks so much for stopping in and playing along with my 1st challenge.
Do you have to have a name that starts with J to be a technique challenge hostess? If so, I'm glad that your name does Jenn because this is a fabulous idea! You rocked this hostess thing!! I didn't have a stamp for the theme I wanted, so I cheated a little and used a Versamarker...the rest is per the rules. Here is my I Pick Two card.
My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
HYCT1301B Determined Whitewashed Poppies
Sorry I couldn't post this till today! It was perfect to use to tie in with the RED of Loris' HYCCT challenge today. I loved trying this - and it was much easier when I got to my second card and realised that I actually had white pigment re-inker. Not easy to get kraft here, but I'm going to lay in a supply so I can use this more often. Thanks, Jenn!