07-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Temple, Tx
TLC439 ~ Reflective Stamping ~ (07/22/13)
Hello everyone!!! I hope you had a great weekend and kept cool....what better way to beat the heat than to stay inside and stamp!!!!
Today's challenge is an old one for most of you but it's new to me....in fact, I haven't done this before (gasp!!) so I had a fun time preparing for this weeks TLC. Our challenge this week is to do Reflective Stamping!!!
Here are the deets:
1. Gather supplies....card stock, inks, stamps, and a piece of acetate (I used a piece of acetate that came with a stamp set)
2. Stamp your image on the card stock
3. Ink up your stamp again and this time stamp it on the piece of acetate
4. Flip your piece of acetate over so your stamped image is facing down. Line it up with your first image to create your reflection. Place acetate on card stock.
5. Rub over your acetate. It will transfer the image from the acetate to your card stock.
6. If you use an image stamp you can finish it by doodling or drawing a line between your stamped image and the reflection to ground it.7. If you use this technique for word stamps, you can use a lighter color or a different color altogether for the reflection. You can add the ground line or not for word stamps...what ever strikes your fancy!!!
I found an excellent tutorial on Splitcoast by Beate...she shows you step by step how to do this fun technique!!
Remember when uploading to use keyword TLC439 (no spaces)
You can view the entire TLC439 Gallery here !!!
Have fun !!