Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Hello everyone.....It's my turn to host this weeks Technique Lovers Challenge and I have a fun technique for you suggested by Sue (bensarmom) called
* Tissue Stamping *!!
There are several ways you can do this :
1. You will need tissues (Puffs, Kleenex, etc.), a light, medium, and dark shade of each color you are going to use, and a solid stamp
2. Ball up your tissue like a sponge and starting with the lightest color, pounce the tissue ball onto the ink pad and then pounce it on your stamp.....just like sponging but with a tissue.
3. Now do the same think with the medium color using a new tissue and then do the same thing with the darkest color along one side for the shading .
4. Huff on the stamp to re-moisten and then stamp .
Using the tissue rather than a sponge adds a lot more texture and interest!!!
You can also:
1. Use tissues to sponge the background
2. Use tissue to color line stamps, cut them out, and adhere to your project .
One of the girls in my stamping group had hip replacement surgery on Mon 7-1-13 and is quite a lot of pain. If anyone would like to send her a card, please pm me and I will give you her name and address.
Here's one I made tonight using the tissue stamping technique. I used the tissues to place my three colors directly on an embossing folder and then ran it through! Love how it turned out! Great challenge!