Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
· Safety Note: These glass ornaments are fragile and will break. Be especially careful removing and reattaching the cap/hanger. The edges of the mouth are particularly apt to break and may also be sharp.
· Draw a 2 ½” circle on the transparency in pencil. (or whatever size you need to make it fit inside your particular glass ball)
· Using Staz-on, stamp the desired image. Be careful to stamp straight down and pull straight up….Staz-on is very “slippery”! Let dry a few minutes. Color on the BACK with Sharpie Markers. [coloring on the front will smear the staz-on even when it is dry!]
· [this step is optional] Apply a small puddle of Crystal Effects to back of the image, and smear it around with your finger to completely cover the back. Sprinkle with glitter. Shake off the excess and let dry completely.
· Carefully remove the cap of the ornament and set aside.
· Cut out the circle carefully along the pencil line. Punch a 1/16” hole at the top. Thread an 5” length of gold cord through the hole.
· With the glittered side of the circle facing up, tightly roll the circle up like a sausage. Be sure the glittered side of the circle is inside the “sausage”.
· Holding tightly, insert the sausage into the ornament, holding onto the cording. When the sausage gets inside the ornament, it will pop open! Thread the ends of the cord through the holes in the cap and tie. Reattach the cap.
· Tie on a big length of organdy ribbon for a pretty bow, and add a cording loop for hanging on the tree.
As always, if you have questions, please ask. If you have suggestions, please share!
When you upload, please put TLC42 in the keyword section when you upload, and then post a link to your card here in this thread.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us STAMPIN' !!
You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.
Last edited by showmestamper; 12-12-2005 at 06:54 AM..
Yippie!!!! Your challenges are so timely. Sunday I picked up a package glass ornaments and was going to give this a try today. Can't wait to get started. DD just woke up, doubt I can convince her to go down for a nap this soon. Maybe it’s time for a video?!
Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings...We simply continue to fly, on a broomstick…We are flexible like that...
I can't find the clear balls ANYWHERE in this town.....seriously, I have been stalking all the local stores, and nothing, nada, zip!!!
I wanna play....WAH!!!!
That's too bad. I got mine at Accents. I also got a dozen a couple years ago at Always 99. That was a great deal, but they were small. I got the last package & one was broken. I've also seen them at a place called Banner Crafts (don't know if that's a chain). The store used to be a Ben Franklin.
A lot of the dollar stores have them, but they sell out quick.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
If you can't find the clear glass bulbs buy the colored ones. If you soak the bulb in 1/2 bleach and 1/2 water solution the color will come off of the inside leaving you with a clear glass bulb. I did this with the colored ornaments I bought last year at wal-mart's when Christmas was over and everything was on sale!
Also, this is fun to color in with pearl ex and future floor wax. I don't have many sharpie colors but I have lots of pearl ex colors
I haven't made any this year - Xavier has been tearing the breakable ornaments off the tree. He broke a NY Giants one - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BOY - NOT THE NEW YORK GIANTS ONE! THE ENTIRE SEASON IS ON THE LINE - WHY WOULD YOU GO AND SMASH A GIANTS ORNAMENT.
Sorry - I digress. I had an entire box of these ornaments....Can I find them now - no - they were packed with all my stampin stuff in the move...
I have done some of these last year, but I can't seem to find them with my other Christmas stuff!! I do have a couple of glass balls left, so I will see what I can come up with today and get them posted later tonight! Love doing these!! I loved everyone else's designs..they're great!
These look great!!! I made one a few years ago with pics of the kids printed on the acetate! They love their pictures being in an ornament!
This brings up a question.......if you use the transparencies that you can print on from the computer, do you think you can use regular ink since you don't have to use something special on the comp??? Hmmmmmm, I may have to try it! hehe!
YOU CAN!!!!!!! You just have to make sure you stamp on the side that's slightly textured! And I just colored mine with SU! markers!!! YEAH!!! Now I don't have to wait for my stazon pad to get here! hehe........
I didn’t think I had any glass ornaments but thought I’d look through my boxes. I found one and started looking through my stamps for a design to fit inside. I took a close look under the flowers that were attached to the top only to find a blown glass with no way to open it.
I told my husband I was bummed about that and didn’t want to buy more ornaments and he said “so you don’t have to do the challenge”. That boy’s cold has definitely gone to his head!
So I found an alternative and