Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Hello everyone!! Can you believe it's December already??? Have you started your Winter/Christmas card stash yet??? If not, today's challenge will get you started....we are going to Make a Snowman!!
There are several ways you can make your own snowman:
1. Use graduated circle punches or dies to cut the three circles for the body or use cotton balls, styrofoam, fabric, felt. or chipboard
2. You can draw on the face or use buttons, punched pieces, sewing, stickers, or embroidery.
3. For the arms, you can cut them out of card stock, use a branch die, or use straw, twigs, or twine.
4. If you have a hat die, by all means use it...if not, cut the hat out of card stock, felt, fabric, cork, or use a hat stamp....use what you have!!
5. Other suggestions include: us fun foam, flower soft, brads, or glitter to embellish
6. You can just use the head if you want and add a frame for a fun look....be creative...the sky is the limit!!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
So we actually have to "make" a snowman, not just use a stamp? Sounds like fun - I think that's how I started out before I had any stamps, LOL. I hope I can get some time for this - there just doesn't seem to be enough these days .
I love the way you used the black circles to add shadows to yours - neat idea!!
Joan- great challenge, thanks! I liked that I didn't need much in the way of supplies either- I used some small bottles and a salt shaker top to trace my snowman! I embossed the background with Cuttlebug's Spots and Dots, and added foam arms and a hat, with a hand cut green muffler. Finished with dc snowflakes and my message- It's Cold
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –Maya Angelou