Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Hello everyone!!! I hope you had a fabulous weekend!! Are you ready for a little stamp therapy??? I have a super fun challenge for you this week!!!! How many times have you wanted to use a silhouette on your card or project but just didn't have the right solid stamp?? Well, I have a solution to that problem....make your own silhouettes!!!
1. First, pick out your stamps...you can use any stamp you want...solid or lined
2. Stamp it on the back of a piece of patterned paper...the darker the paper the better! That way it looks more like a silhouette but use what you have.
3. Cut out the image and adhere patterned paper side up onto your cardstock...you can use several images or just one...what ever trips your creative trigger!!!
4. If you don't have the perfect stamp, you can use a die
5. If you don't have a die to use, cut out a picture or object from a magazine and place it on the back of the patterned paper as a template.
6. Cut out an image from a picture ( it would be fun to use your children's picture) and use it as the template.
7. Be creative and have fun!!
Joan- thanks for the great challenge, makes me use new stamps! I got out my "new" Wild Things set from SU, and combined it with SU's Farm Life for my wheat field. Added a bright brad/flower combo, and a flower shape with a map. Here's Laugh Your Cares Away!
In crafting, there are no mistakes, just unique creations- Mercedes Ricks
Fabulous challenge! Here is my card: to You from me
Mine is a light silhouette with dark background.. hope that counts? In a bit I will do another version with dark leaves on a light background. This is what happens to me when I read the challenge while watching re-runs of Gray's Anatomy =\