Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Hello everyone!! Hope you had a great weekend and are ready to do a little stamping!!! I played around with some of my background stamps earlier this week...I have lots and lots of them, however, I don't use them much at all. Soooo, this week we are going to give those lost and forgotten background stamps a little love!!!
The challenge this week is to layer the background stamps by stamping them one on top of the other to create a lot of dimension and interest!! Use at least 2 ....... more if you have them.
1. Start with the lightest color for the first stamp, a medium color for the second, and a darker color for the top.
2. I used a script stamp first, a diamond shape second, and a flower stamp for the third one.
3. If you don't have background stamps, use any stamps as long as the patterns look good together. For example, you could use a solid stamp first and stamp it several times to cover the page. Use a small flower stamp next and stamp over the solid images and use a large flower or foliage stamp on the top.
4. You can use the finished product for a background or cut it up to make flowers, stars, packages, sea shells, snowflakes, etc.
5. Have fun and go wild with the backgrounds!!!
Very fun look "back" Ms. Joan! We saw a lot more of this technique before we all got so enamored with dsp's! LOL Will certainly have to look for a chance to play!
__________________ TexasGrammy ** Bev Gerard** SCS Moderator Texas Rubber & Ink * SUO blog My SU
Needing SU inspiration? Check out the latest from our SCS Creative Crew each month:Creative Crew Galleries! Psssssssssssst! New creations appearing July 1st!
SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Well, I have lots of backgrounders but I do also use them on a regular basis. However, apart from for a collage look I haven't tried this, so I'll definitely give it a go later on...work and housework have to come first.
My card is a Christmas one which can be found here on my Splitcoast gallery, never got round to blogging about it! Quite a fun thing to try though and I need to remember this for the No DP challenges!
Jay Bee aka Janine http://jaybee-brain-waves.blogspot.com/
Working with Marks Finest Papers Design Teams
Qualified Teacher available for Maths tuition for ages 5 to 16 - London Borough of Sutton
I did the stacked stamping, though I used yellow for the lightest color, then a tan and a brown. It was easy and turned out pretty good. I didn't have background stamps, so just used regular ones to make a background. Here is my card.