Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Hello everyone...are you ready for a little fun??? I have a fabulous technique for you today...I'm calling it Fill the Opening!! It's a little more challenging so I did make a tutorial for those who need a visual.
Here are the deets:
1. Cut an opening in the front of your card with a large punch or a Nestabilities die.
2. You will need stamps that you can cutout....stamp two of each so you have one for the back support. Symmetrical stamps are the best because you can turn the back one around so you have a pretty inside, too.
3. You are going to add the images to the opening...one at a time....the front one first and then add one to the back of the image for support. Be sure they overlap on the side as well as the other images for support.
4. The main object is to connect the stamped, cutout images in such a way that they create a design and yet you can still see through the opening.
5. I know this sounds like greek so here is a tutorial that will help you see what I was trying to say!!
Joan, this is a fun and lovely technique you delveloped! At first, I thought it might be difficult and one of those "I'll do it once, but never again" techniques........BUT, it wasn't. My card went together quite easily and it is something that I will definitely do again. Thanks!!