Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Hello everyone!! It's my turn to host the TLC and my challenge to you is silhouettes!!
I LOVE to use solid stamps to make silhouettes...they always look so elegant and classy!!!
There are lots of different techniques to create the silhouette look.
1. Stamp the solid stamps with dark ink onto light colored cardstock
2. Emboss the images
3. Stamp solid stamps with Versamark and emboss with white ep onto dark cardstock
4. Stamp the solid silhouette stamps on patterned paper
5. Stamp Versamark onto dark cardstock and emboss with clear ep
6. Do a resist technique with the silhouette stamps and then add color to the background by sponging or alcohol inks...watercoloring works, too, as do Glimmer Mist sprays
7. Add glitter to the embossing powder for a little glam
8. You can even stamp the dark, solid image, cut it out, and adhere to the background...what ever floats you boat!!!
SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
And if anyone doesn't have silhouette stamps and still wants to play, Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials Scherenschnitte Stamping is another way round.
Just checking before work so I know what to plan to make later - it's a mad busy day, but I certainly hope to be along some time.
Here's Betty running after butterflies....... well only in my dreams.........it's only 17 degrees here and snow on the ground ! But they are predicting a heat wave of 34 degrees with freezing rain.......... Oh Boy Oh Boy... ha ha
Thanks Joan............haven't used this little stamp set in several years.
Happy Monday Everyone.
GardenDiva AKA Tina DeLong
Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter
Thyme began in a Garden.
Location: The wedding is over. I am in a total state of crafting overload!
This was fun! Made me put away my copics and stop coloring digi images for a change. Funny how I get in a rut and keep doing the same thing over and over. Thanks for grabbing my hand and dragging me out of my box!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia
Location: between the mountains & the seashore of NC
TLC308, CAS102 Silhouettes on the Wall
Here is my SILHOUETTES ON THE WALL for today's Technique Lover's Challenge. I love silhouette images so this fit right in today for me I have had this Inkadinkadoo set for several months and had not used it so I thought it was time....I combined the TLC with today's CAS challenge.