Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Try a New Technique (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/try-new-technique-f44/)
-   -   TLC397~ Woven Background ~ (10-1-12) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/try-new-technique-f44/tlc397%7E-woven-background-%7E-10-1-12-a-t561885.html)

stampinupconsultan 09-30-2012 08:05 PM

TLC397~ Woven Background ~ (10-1-12)

9 Attachment(s)
Happy Monday, everyone! I am posting this a little early so I won't forget in the rush before I head to work tomorrow. I am hoping that more of you will have an opportunity to play along...

I am so happy to be guest hosting today's Try a New Technique Challenge... My challenge today is for you to incorporate my "Woven Background" tutorial into your card. There are photos attached to help you with the written directions..

To start..

1. Choose a die as your template.
2. Cut a sheet of Sticker Paper just larger than your die. (You can run adhesive across a sheet of cardstock, use scor tape, "tear"ific tape, etc.)
3. Next cut your coordinating cardstock into 1/2" strips and as long as your Sticker Sheet..
4. Next peel your sticker sheet backing off just far enough to expose 2 rows of adhesive like so
5. Carefully position your first set of vertical rows and the first 2 horizontal rows on the adhesive and press firmly making sure not to touch the rest of your adhesive.
6. Now pull your adhesive backing down far enough to expose enough "sticky" for your next 2 cut strips..
7. Finish weaving your rows carefully aligning them and pressing to the adhesive.. Make sure you press them firmly to ensure proper adhesion..
8. Run finished piece through your die cutting machine to cut out your woven background.
9. Emboss edges if you choose... Remove woven background from die and assemble card as desired...

This is a super simple technique and looks awesome with all the fantastic coordinating Designer Papers out there... Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

My sample: WOVEN FLOWERS (Uses Twitterpated DSP)

TLC397 Gallery Submissions
When uploading, please use KEYWORD TLC397 (no spaces!).

I hope you will play along! Remember there is no time frame to play and anyone can play along... Won't you join me please?

Here is my sample:

marshallgal 09-30-2012 08:32 PM

This looks like FUN - can't wait to play tomorrow! LOVE your card!

Cook22 09-30-2012 10:35 PM

I've never thought of doing this on sticky sheets before, that sounds like a GREAT idea to solve all the adhesive problems I've had in the past. Hope to find time to play in the next couple of days.

asweetjewel 10-01-2012 02:00 AM

Omigosh! This looks like so much fun! However, I do not have a sticky sheet, I will have to think of something else!

Clownmom 10-01-2012 03:30 AM

No adhesive sheets here. I'll see if I can figure out if I can do it without it.

hobbydujour 10-01-2012 04:42 AM

I didn't have any adhesive sheets and don't have time to run out and get some...so I improvised. I realize my card is not true to the challenge of using your method, but I hope you find it acceptable.

WOVEN MAPLE LEAF

niki1 10-01-2012 06:09 AM

Here is my card with tag :
closed :TLC397 Flowers on a woven tag1 ( closed ) by niki1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
TLC397 Flowers on a woven tag 2 by niki1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and open :
TLC397 Flowers on a woven tag 3 ( open ) by niki1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
niki

stampinupconsultan 10-01-2012 07:42 AM

You don't have to use sticky sheets... I have used sticky strip, scor tape, "tear" ific tape, double sided adhesive sheets, etc. Anything you have to hold your rows in place works... I just found that the sticker sheets were the best... Hope this helps and you will be able to play along.

Crafty Julia 10-01-2012 08:07 AM

TLC397 Just Because Cupcake

thanks for the great challenge! I used double stick craft tape on foam, and wove my paper strips through that. My cupcake comes from Hero Art's Birthday Phrases, and Studio G provided my sentiment. Added some texture with Cuttlebug's Qwerty, Mesh and Swiss Dots EFs. Finished with a dc button, and another button with a scalloped heart dc. Here's Just Because Cupcake

Crafty Julia 10-01-2012 09:08 AM

TLC397 Ghost Time

Had fun making a Halloween card- oranges and golds compliment my red tomatoes :) Here's Ghost Time

Cook22 10-01-2012 10:35 AM

This went so easily after getting the first two rows established.
I used it to make a card for the HYCCT challenges.
HYCCT1201B Super Star-fish by Cook22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Biggan 10-01-2012 10:54 AM

Thanks! Here´s mine;

Woven background

TFL!
Birgit

Crafty Julia 10-01-2012 12:31 PM

TLC397 Tree Time

Sorry this is a little out of season, but just finished this small tissue box and had to use the cute illustrations- paired with a woven background- I used Cuttlebug's Qwerty, Snowflakes and Gear Box EFs- isn't he the cutest Santa?
Here's Tree Time

taclary 10-01-2012 01:48 PM

I love your card. How did you make your flower. Very cute.

Beate 10-01-2012 01:53 PM

Okay...this was a blast! Thanks for a fun challenge and technique.

Woven Support

Thanks for looking! Have a great evening! Hugs and smiles

bensarmom 10-01-2012 05:13 PM

Here's my card for today's challenge.
I put down double-sided tape at one end of my computer paper and attached all of the strips to that. Then I wove the rest of the pieces. When it was finished, I folded back the computer paper and used my tape gun on it and folded the computer paper back down on the woven part. Then I cut out my paper with the die. Hope this helps.

Greywolf 10-01-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensarmom (Post 19722813)
Here's my card for today's challenge.
I put down double-sided tape at one end of my computer paper and attached all of the strips to that. Then I wove the rest of the pieces. When it was finished, I folded back the computer paper and used my tape gun on it and folded the computer paper back down on the woven part. Then I cut out my paper with the die. Hope this helps.

Thanks Sue. That really does help. I got lost at step 4 of Keri's tutorial. I've tried weaving before but always ended with pieces getting stuck down before I got the weaving done. Your method might work better for me.

n5stamper 10-02-2012 03:28 AM

Here is my RIVETING BEST WISHES.

marshallgal 10-02-2012 06:48 AM

I'm a little rushed this morning but managed to finish my card that I started last night. It fulfills four challenges but I'm claiming a 5th, that being it was a challenge starting a card at night and having everything go wrong. Ack!! So anyhoo, here 'tis. Loved this technique and am going to play with it some more with a little fine tuning. In the daytime. :D

TFL!!

Thinking of You.SM by marshallgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CrysCraft 10-02-2012 09:28 AM

I did two different versions for this technique:

2012-10-02 - TLC397 Embossed Bkgrd CF by CrysCraft - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and
2012-10-02 - TLC397 Woven DSP CF by CrysCraft - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Details on my blog: Craft Therapy with Crystal: Technique Tuesday: Woven Background

BarbieP 10-03-2012 09:09 AM

Finally had a chance to play. Here is my card:

Christmas Weave by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

n5stamper 10-04-2012 03:31 AM

Here is my HAPPY WOVEN FALL Y'ALL.

Beate 10-04-2012 04:43 AM

Keri,

I had to make another one. You are making me love this technique. Thanks so much!

Asian Butterfly

redi2stamp 10-04-2012 06:32 AM

tlc397 quilt card by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
This is my card for the woven challenge.

2manycookbooks 10-05-2012 11:12 PM

HMMMMM I'm not very good with these sort of things....I'll give it a try it sounds cool.
I get very lost with folding and weaving. Challenged that way! LOL.

2manycookbooks 10-13-2012 08:47 AM

OK I did it! A bit tricky to keep things lined up but I managed to get through it.

So here you are!