Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Try a New Technique (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/try-new-technique-f44/)
-   -   TLC394 ~ Twisted Card ~ (9/10/12) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/try-new-technique-f44/tlc394-%7E-twisted-card-%7E-9-10-12-a-t560760.html)

joan ervin 09-09-2012 06:05 PM

TLC394 ~ Twisted Card ~ (9/10/12)
 
Hello everyone....hope you have had a wonderful weekend!!! Happy Grandparent's Day to all you grandma's and grandpa's!!!!! I took my Mom to church this morning and then went to my DGD Mackenzie's first soccer game of the season....they won 4-1...Woot!!!!! That was a great way to celebrate this special day!!!! Anyway....


It's my turn to host this weeks TLC and my challenge to you is to make a Twisted Card!! It looks complicated but it's ooooh sooo easy!!! My TLC friend, Sue (bensarmom) sent me this video from U-Tube by Kelly Gettlefinger and suggested we use it for one of the TLC challenges...thanks, Sue!!!!


Here are the details from the video:
1.Cut card stock 4-1/4"x11"
2. Score right top corner to left bottom corner at an angle
3. Fold on score and leave folded
4. Score down the center and fold over to form the card...you will have a pocket on the front and one on the inside
5. Now you can embellish as you wish

The pocket on the inside is just perfect for a gift card or maybe movie tickets....the sky is the limit!!!


Sue's Sample
IC388 - Outside

My DD Holly's Sample
Twisted Bird-Day Card

My sample
Skinny Girl

Remember when uploading to use keyword TLC394 (no spaces)

You can view the entire TLC394 Gallery here!

Happy Stamping!!!

cardsbyjo 09-09-2012 07:28 PM

Looks like a fun card! Thanks for another great idea!

lacyquilter 09-09-2012 07:37 PM

Looks like a fun card. If you cut your card stock 10"x4.5", you will end up with an A2 card size.

joan ervin 09-09-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilter (Post 19675859)
Looks like a fun card. If you cut your card stock 10"x4.5", you will end up with an A2 card size.

Thanks for the tip, Melody!!!!

TreasureOiler 09-09-2012 08:19 PM

Looks amazing! Can't wait to try this!
Thanks Joan!

niki1 09-10-2012 02:09 AM

Hi Ladies,

I love folded cards...so I made this card :
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=205884
On my way to make another one...
Niki

kellyjg 09-10-2012 03:45 AM

OM... I am SO STOKED!!! No, seriously... the last time I got this excited was when I was at the grocery and found a bottle of the teeny weeny marshmallows especially for cocoa and such... the lady behind me had to ask if I was alright... I might have shed a tiny tear, hehehe...

Thank you, Sue, for suggesting my "Twisted Card!" And thank you, Joan, for enjoying it enough to use it for the challenge today! I wish I had as much time as I use to to participate in the challenges but the TLC is my absolute fav! So I am riding on a cloud today that I just might not come down from ;-).

I'm so excited to see all of the amazing creativity in the gallery today!!!

Stamped Blessings,
KellyJean

kellyjg 09-10-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilter (Post 19675859)
Looks like a fun card. If you cut your card stock 10"x4.5", you will end up with an A2 card size.

If the card stock is cut to 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", it fits perfectly inside an A2 envelope. Insert the card UPSIDE DOWN.

If gift cards are included in the card, they stay put perfectly. Give it a try ;-)

kellyjg 09-10-2012 03:56 AM

"Twisted Card"
 
Here is one of my "Twisted Cards" already in the gallery...

TWISTED TWO STEP-front

TWISTED TWO STEP-open

kellyjg 09-10-2012 04:05 AM

"Twisted BOOKMARK"
 
Here is a "TWIST" on the "Twisted Card..."

my TWISTED BOOKMARK CARD!

It is pretty much the same concept as the Twisted Card. Here is a video of the "Twisted Corner Bookmark..."

Twisted Corner Bookmark with Kelly Gettelfinger - YouTube

DawnL 09-10-2012 04:46 AM

How CUTE is that! and a great video too, Kelly!!:D
Hope to try this later!! Thanks...Joan, Sue, Kelly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjg (Post 19676136)
OM... I am SO STOKED!!! No, seriously... the last time I got this excited was when I was at the grocery and found a bottle of the teeny weeny marshmallows especially for cocoa and such... the lady behind me had to ask if I was alright... I might have shed a tiny tear, hehehe...

Thank you, Sue, for suggesting my "Twisted Card!" And thank you, Joan, for enjoying it enough to use it for the challenge today! I wish I had as much time as I use to to participate in the challenges but the TLC is my absolute fav! So I am riding on a cloud today that I just might not come down from ;-).

I'm so excited to see all of the amazing creativity in the gallery today!!!

Stamped Blessings,
KellyJean


Clownmom 09-10-2012 04:56 AM

Very cool technique, Sue and Joan. And, Kelly, great video on the directions. Here's my card --

Twisted Cardinal Card

tessaduck 09-10-2012 05:06 AM

Awesome videos, Kelly! Such a clever and creative mind...

kellyjg 09-10-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnL (Post 19676265)
How CUTE is that! and a great video too, Kelly!!:D
Hope to try this later!! Thanks...Joan, Sue, Kelly!

My pleasure, Dawn! So excited that YOU're excited! Looking forward to your creativity!!!

kellyjg 09-10-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduck (Post 19676295)
Awesome videos, Kelly! Such a clever and creative mind...


Thank you for your sweet words of compliment, girl! You just "puffed" my cloud a bit higher ;-).

ruby-heartedmom 09-10-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilter (Post 19675859)
Looks like a fun card. If you cut your card stock 10"x4.5", you will end up with an A2 card size.

Thanks for the resize!!

Mrs Noofy 09-10-2012 06:28 AM

I am really looking forward to playing to-day. Thanks for the fabulous challenge.

Pam MacKay 09-10-2012 06:45 AM

What a fun card!!! Here is mine:
TLC394, Frightfully Fun by Pam MacKay - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Markey 09-10-2012 06:51 AM

Thanks for the challenge, I'll be working on these at my Friday get together & will post then!

TLady 09-10-2012 07:01 AM

WHAT A NEAT LOOKING LITTLE CARD!!!!!!!!!! (I LOVE different folds!) MIGHT have to give this one a try! :)

tessaduck 09-10-2012 07:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a Halloween card:

TLC394 Happy Halloween by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Also, I fiddled and twisted Kelly's twisted corner bookmark idea. I couldn't find any wonderful double sided dp in my stash, so I just wrapped some around a scrap of cs, and added a little punched edge to stick out of the book's closed pages. Here's the result.

Beate 09-10-2012 07:08 AM

Oh...I meant to write a Twisted Easel Card tutorial for a while. This reminds me, although it's different. The card fold looks really cool! I hope I get to play today. First I need to shoot a video and work on another project.

Thank you Joan for always coming up with cool challenges. Hugs and smiles

niki1 09-10-2012 07:28 AM

Here is my second card :
TLC394 Christmas greetings by niki1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
niki

TLady 09-10-2012 07:45 AM

Just watched the You Tube video, SUPER VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!! :) THANKS !!!!!!!!!!! :)

kellyjg 09-10-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruby-heartedmom (Post 19676406)
Thanks for the resize!!

So that you also know... trimming the card stock to 4-1/4" x 11" works with the A2 envelopes. Insert the card UPSIDE DOWN into the envelope. This way there is no extra trimming needed. The gift cards/business cards/photos stay perfectly in the nestled spots. ;-)

kellyjg 09-10-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduck (Post 19676529)
Here's a Halloween card:

TLC394 Happy Halloween by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Also, I fiddled and twisted Kelly's twisted corner bookmark idea. I couldn't find any wonderful double sided dp in my stash, so I just wrapped some around a scrap of cs, and added a little punched edge to stick out of the book's closed pages. Here's the result.


LOVE how your Twisted Corner Bookmark turned out!!! So lovely!!!

Crafty Julia 09-10-2012 08:37 AM

TLC394 Live, Laugh, Love
 
Dear Joan- great challenge! I used the video and it was super simple then! I used SU's Live, Laugh, Love - accented with a dc dragonfly and flower, stamped ladybugs and ribbon. Here's Live, Laugh, Love-Inside view and Live, Laugh, Love- Outside view

joan ervin 09-10-2012 10:28 AM

Thanks for all the wonderful input, Kelly....I just got home from work and found such wonderful twisted cards in the gallery!!! I'll have to give the twisted bookmark card a try...thanks for giving us the link to the video, too!!!!

mamaxsix 09-10-2012 10:30 AM

What a fun card shape!!! Perfect for one I needed to make for my niece's bday.
Birthday Wish with a Vintage Twist
Opened Vintage Twist

kellyjg 09-10-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLady (Post 19676583)
Just watched the You Tube video, SUPER VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!! :) THANKS !!!!!!!!!!! :)

Awwwe... thank YOU, "TLady!" What a sweet way to boost the little cloud I'm on today ;-)

kellyjg 09-10-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joan ervin (Post 19676890)
Thanks for all the wonderful input, Kelly....I just got home from work and found such wonderful twisted cards in the gallery!!! I'll have to give the twisted bookmark card a try...thanks for giving us the link to the video, too!!!!

It's SO my pleasure, Joan! Thank YOU again and again for featuring my card and video. How fun this has been!!!

And just so you know... this fold works well the other way also... card stock measuring 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"... just another fun look to this fun fold! Can't wait to see what your creativity offers us... I KNOW it will be fabulous!!!

kellyjg 09-10-2012 12:59 PM

Another Twisted Card
 
Here is the other Twisted Card seen in the video...

TWISTED TAKE CARE-front

TWISTED TAKE CARE-open

TLady 09-10-2012 01:09 PM

YOU'RE VERY WELCOME Kelly!!!!!!! :) I JUST took a look at your blog! IT LOOKS FANTASTIC! :)

Mrs Noofy 09-10-2012 01:23 PM

Yea...finally finished. What a great challenge Thanks Joan and such a fabulous pattern..Thank you Kelly. Here is my effort.

TLC394 Twisted Tea by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TLC394 Twisted Tea - inside by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sue

marshallgal 09-10-2012 02:36 PM

Here are the two cards I made for today's challenge, Twisted Greeting Cards. Thank you Joan and bensarmom for suggesting it, and thank you Kelly for the video (which, by the way, was EXCELLENT - like you've been doing videos for years). These are easy easy and a great way to give gift cards! I've been personally challenging myself to use CS that I don't normally use and also to make less frilly and more masculine cards, and these two use River Rock and Sahara Sand. Simple cards are very much out of my comfort zone but I restrained myself. Can't wait to make one for a girl and really load it up with the fun stuff - there are so many gorgeous cards for inspiration shown here!! TFL!!

Twisted Card.1 by marshallgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Twisted Card.inside by marshallgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Twist edCard.2 by marshallgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TLady 09-10-2012 04:29 PM

I JUST uploaded my card for this challenge! Hope you all like! :) WHAT A SUPER FUN FOLD! THANKS LADIES! :)

justwritedesigns 09-10-2012 04:54 PM

Fun challenge! Thanks, Joan! Here's my Birthday Twist Fold. Thanks so much for looking!

kellyjg 09-10-2012 05:52 PM

I can totally relate, Shea! I make WAY more "girl cards" than I do masculine and I really need to change that. The "Twisted Card" is fast enough and "full" enough with just DP that it makes a great masculine card.

Thank you so much for your sweet words of compliment on the video! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!


Quote:

Originally Posted by marshallgal (Post 19677441)
Here are the two cards I made for today's challenge, Twisted Greeting Cards. Thank you Joan and bensarmom for suggesting it, and thank you Kelly for the video (which, by the way, was EXCELLENT - like you've been doing videos for years). These are easy easy and a great way to give gift cards! I've been personally challenging myself to use CS that I don't normally use and also to make less frilly and more masculine cards, and these two use River Rock and Sahara Sand. Simple cards are very much out of my comfort zone but I restrained myself. Can't wait to make one for a girl and really load it up with the fun stuff - there are so many gorgeous cards for inspiration shown here!! TFL!!

Twisted Card.1 by marshallgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Twisted Card.inside by marshallgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Twist edCard.2 by marshallgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers


kellyjg 09-10-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLady (Post 19677233)
YOU'RE VERY WELCOME Kelly!!!!!!! :) I JUST took a look at your blog! IT LOOKS FANTASTIC! :)


Awwwe... thank you so much, girl!!!

Tootsy 09-14-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruby-heartedmom (Post 19676406)
Thanks for the resize!!

Do you speak about the DSP or only cardstock?

If it's the cardstock... what dimensions for DSP??:confused:

Because I try to make mine wednesday, but my card didn't fit with our Stampin'Up standard enveloppe! :confused:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:46 AM.